[Dedicated Server] Wrong Difficulty Offset?

KanedaSyndrome

Hi,

So we play on a dedicated server (Ragnarok map) that I've setup with a hosting company.  My question is if I have set something wrong in the server settings, since all the dinos we encounter seems to be quite low level. They're max 30ish level from what I can tell, but the difficulty offset is set to 0.7, which I think should generate a max level of around 90ish. We're living in the southern desert area currently.

54 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

Difficulty * 30 = max dino level.

Difficulty 1 = 30
Difficulty 2 = 60
Difficulty 5 = 150
Etc

Also, could you specify where you'd set this setting? There's nothing as far as I can see that is just named "Difficulty", there's "Difficulty Offset" and "Difficulty Override". We're talking about dedicated server settings here, not local host.

Yes, the server has been restarted multiple times and dinos have been steadily killed off in that area so new ones have been spawning repeatedly.

Windows & BlueFang.

I've had this working in the past. I don't think it's technical unless they changed the creature level mechanics for dedicated servers in a recent patch. My best bet is that it's a Ragnarok specific thing.

Tried putting DifficultyOffset to 1.0, We're still getting max level 30 wild dino level, no matter what. We did perform a wilddinowipe as well.

Either the map is bugged, or they changed something so DifficultyOffset doesn't work by itself alone anymore, but has to be coupled with OverrideDifficulty, and in that case, then the wiki is outdated.

Tried putting DifficultyOffset to 1.0, We're still getting max level 30 wild dino level, no matter what. We did perform a wilddinowipe as well.

Either the map is bugged, or they changed something so DifficultyOffset doesn't work by itself alone anymore, but has to be coupled with OverrideDifficulty, and in that case, then the wiki is outdated.
You dont have "use singleplayer settings" enabled do you? That will override your difficulty.

Archived