Blocking Paths (Gates/Walls)

Universae

It was inevitable from the start on a map like aberration. People have used the natural cliffs/rock formations to block off entire routes with gate walls almost everywhere.

Which on a PvE Official server is quite an issue. Are there any rules about this? Because it really sucks having to climb everywhere on foot just to explore the map and get around:( i cant use my mounts because they cant climb.

P.s, if WC see this, you might want to sort out the gas vanes as people are building huts over them :/

• Volunteer Moderator

Assuming there is no other way around, blocking pathways is against the rules on official PvE server. If you are not on a legacy server, submit a Support Ticket providing as much info as possible so a Game Master can investigate and take action if necessary.

PvE Server: Blocking in other tribes dinos, Blocking access in/out of a tribes base, and Obstructing pathways or waterways for the purpose of denying players access. (must be completely blocked and no other ways around)

On 30/12/2017 at 11:26 AM, Danouk said:

Even if they would not build  huts over it if they put a collector on it you will still not be able to access it unless I am mistaken.

Gas collectors disappear when the gas vane does, then it respawns and someone puts a new collector on it.

On 30/12/2017 at 11:31 AM, invincibleqc said:

Assuming there is no other way around, blocking pathways is against the rules on official PvE server. If you are not on a legacy server, submit a Support Ticket providing as much info as possible so a Game Master can investigate and take action if necessary.

Well, its a grey area. I can get out with the use of the new climbing picks and the portable rope ladder.

But I cannot get out on foot, dino or by building ramps (as its pillared up by the cliffs so I cant build) my dinosaurs are quite literally stuck at my base forever :/

This is a real issue on our sever a certain tribe has gated off rock drakes path ( so you can't get down with big dinos, you can barely make it around on foot), metal nodes in blue most was into blue are blocked with behemoth gates ( cant even get around on foot) and as we speak they are placing behemoth gates at a surface entrance. We have wrote tons of tickets and have not had a reply.  Jokes on me i guess, i paid for this crap.

On 01/01/2018 at 2:45 AM, Danouk said:

What do you mean disappear?  Never happen to my gas vane. Is it every vane?

Not sure, but i've seen it happen, takes a good few days.

On 01/01/2018 at 5:57 AM, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

it was so dumb... there weren't any huts from the whole time this 1 tribe that had taken the gas vein and now since this post just TODAY they put a stone box around the vein... gj Wc gj!

Yeah, they need block them off like with beacon and crate spawns. Its so easy to abuse.

On 01/01/2018 at 7:14 AM, irishstorm said:

This is a real issue on our sever a certain tribe has gated off rock drakes path ( so you can't get down with big dinos, you can barely make it around on foot), metal nodes in blue most was into blue are blocked with behemoth gates ( cant even get around on foot) and as we speak they are placing behemoth gates at a surface entrance. We have wrote tons of tickets and have not had a reply.  Jokes on me i guess, i paid for this crap.

Ikr, I built a base on the overlook, right in the corner of the lush biome, and overlooking the blue.

Apart from climbing over stuff, there is only ONE way out, and its blocked off by two bases. I gotta climb the first gate, crawl under the second gate into a base and then jump off a cliff to get out. Getting back is easier thankfully as it just involves using some zips to get down the larger cliffs.

On 12/30/2017 at 5:31 AM, invincibleqc said:

in abberation there is always a "way around" this is wc get out of jail free card on this map. there are several funnel points to the drake pit that are significantly huge dif in success. they can be gated and by TOS it is legal bc there is technically some form of a way around it.

Archived