Came back for Ragnarok but... all your base are crap

CaveNoob

In bulleted form for easier reading.

• Your 75% complete map, Ragnarok. No spawn areas throughout the map, resources and dinos don't respawn, again, throughout the map. I can't release anything less than 100% complete at my job, how can you?
  • Primitive Plus, red headed step child. Ignored, never updated. Merge or REPLACE it with SURVIVAL PLUS already!
  • Aberration, love the originality and new creatures. Hate the map, resources are too splintered across the map. Dark and depressing, but mostly hate the resource distribution.
  • Continuing from the above, would love to go back to the Island or The Center but pretty darn sure you have left those to the wayside. Haven't seen an update in eons. (OK, several months.)
  • Release your sponsored mods already!
  • Add more PC options like difficulty, spawn rates, etc to console.

A love/hate relationship with this game just SUCKS! You are noobs, impressive noobs, but indie noobs nonetheless.

Get your butts in gear and fix the lag, add completed content and address the issues with previously released content.

And NPC's for single player? WC says heck no! However, a lot of gamers say heck yes!! Why isn't it in the game yet?

Wanna stay an indie game developer, you're on the right track. Keep it up gang...

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, CaveNoob said:

• Your 75% complete map, Ragnarok. No spawn areas throughout the map, resources and dinos don't respawn, again, throughout the map. I can't release anything less than 100% complete at my job, how can you?
  • Primitive Plus, red headed step child. Ignored, never updated. Merge or REPLACE it with SURVIVAL PLUS already!
  • Aberration, love the originality and new creatures. Hate the map, resources are too splintered across the map. Dark and depressing, but mostly hate the resource distribution.
  • Continuing from the above, would love to go back to the Island or The Center but pretty darn sure you have left those to the wayside. Haven't seen an update in eons. (OK, several months.)

A love/hate relationship with this game just SUCKS! You are noobs, impressive noobs, but indie noobs nonetheless.

Get your butts in gear and fix the lag, add completed content and address the issues with previously released content.

And NPC's for single player? WC says heck no! However, a lot of gamers say heck yes!! Why isn't it in the game yet?

Wanna stay an indie game developer, you're on the right track. Keep it up gang...

It appears you seem quite the noob because people should know by now that Ragnarok is a sponsored mod made by independent developers from Wildcard. I also don’t see how the map being incomplete on console has any bearing on the already available content that the map provides.

The only section that is left is the desert area and is scheduled for release in the new year due to the certification process on console. The map is 99% complete on PC but you don’t seem to care for the logistics for it.

As for Aberration, the map may be buggy but it’s a challenge and your disprovement of it on the resource sparity just proves that it’s a challenge you aren’t willing to take because it’s too hard for you.

On 29.12.2017 at 1:29 AM, DJRone89 said:

It appears you seem quite the noob because people should know by now that Ragnarok is a sponsored mod made by independent developers from Wildcard

You seem like an ignorant one.

Wildcard made it an incorporated part of the full product on the consoles on release. So there goes your argument down the drain already.

Doesn't matter who makes the map when the developer of the game makes it a part of the full package that you pay for.

On 29.12.2017 at 1:29 AM, DJRone89 said:

The only section that is left is the desert area and is scheduled for release in the new year due to the certification process on console. The map is 99% complete on PC but you don’t seem to care for the logistics for it.

Bottom line is.

If you play a game on the console, you don't care about the PC version. You care about the fact that you paid a significant amount of money (more than the PC version even!) for a game that releases with a broken map that is barely playable, and other features that are as broken as can be.

When a product releases on the console, gamers expect the game to be finished. As Ragnarok is an incorporated part of the product as a whole, your argument is moot. The map should've been finished, OR Wildcard should've waited until they finish the map 100% and add it as a free DLC like they did on the PC.

4 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

When a product releases on the console, gamers expect the game to be finished. 

ROTFLMFAO.... Yeah, just like all the AAA titles from EA, Activision & Ubisoft with Day 1 patches that are still completely broken months later.

Also, you didn't pay for Rag, so that's another point of yours that is false.

If it wasn't for WC doing the sponsored Mod Program you wouldn't have any free maps & would be stuck with just The Island without purchasing additional DLC... Quit complaining about extras they gave you out of their own pocket.

37 minutes ago, ExcessEvil said:

The map should've been finished, OR Wildcard should've waited until they finish the map 100% and add it as a free DLC like they did on the PC.

The map was made available as free DLC with the caveat that it was still a work in progress.  It was made quite clear that if that was a problem for you, don't play that map until it is complete.  Neither PC players nor Console players paid a penny for that additional map.

Now that the obvious is safely out of the way, this thread is starting to head downhill fast.  Steer clear of personal attacks please.

Alright, i'm boared, let's see how we can de-bunk most of this.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, CaveNoob said:

-No idea what you're talking about. Resources and dinos re-spawn. and there are Plenty of spawn areas aswell.

-that would be like telling Activision to replace the Weaker guns in CoD with Wizards staffs and wands, Prim+ and surv+ are nothing alike. While Prim+ simply removes the more modern and Futuristic aspects of ARK, such as guns, fabricators, and TEK. Surv+ is a COMPLETE rework of Everything. Only a few dinos are tameable, content is split into "professions", Huge towns and Citys are Required, meaning that it's almost impossible to go Solo, Items are completely and utterly re-worked, it's like a completely different game (fun fact, S+ is basically the "pre-pre-Alpha faze of a game the Developers want to make, they're just using ARK's Assets and Engine to get a feel for how the game mechanics are going to work) TL;DR Survival+ does more than make the game more Primitive

-Seriously? I can kind get the "depressing" thing, but resources are no more splintered than the island, heck, the Bio-lumicent area probably has as much metal in it as the entirty of Ragnarok.

-yeah, those maps are lame

-not sure what you're getting here? are you asking for them to be fully integrated? because that's not quite how it works

-I'm pretty sure those are already options...

-says the guy who's username is "Cave Noob"

-People really Overblow it, There's plenty of "Completed content" and that's what the TLC pass is for

technically speaking, all dinos are NPCs, they're not Players, they're Characters, and they have AI

-not sure what you're getting at here. Also, what's wrong with being indie? Minecraft, easily the most popular game of all time, is an indie game

• 3 weeks later...
On 31.12.2017 at 4:29 AM, Ranger1 said:

The map was made available as free DLC with the caveat that it was still a work in progress.  It was made quite clear that if that was a problem for you, don't play that map until it is complete.  Neither PC players nor Console players paid a penny for that additional map.

Now that the obvious is safely out of the way, this thread is starting to head downhill fast.  Steer clear of personal attacks please.

It was not made available as 'Free DLC' on the consoles. It was a part and IS a part of the whole product. When you buy the game on the console, you get Ragnarok. You can't buy the game and exclude it. Any part of a full product is a part that you pay for as long as it's integrated into it. You usually learn that when you study business.

For the PC it's a Free DLC yes but not for the console, which is what i said.

Personal attacks, where?

On 31.12.2017 at 4:03 AM, HalfSlabBacon said:

ROTFLMFAO.... Yeah, just like all the AAA titles from EA, Activision & Ubisoft with Day 1 patches that are still completely broken months later.

Also, you didn't pay for Rag, so that's another point of yours that is false.

If it wasn't for WC doing the sponsored Mod Program you wouldn't have any free maps & would be stuck with just The Island without purchasing additional DLC... Quit complaining about extras they gave you out of their own pocket.

My point is still very much valid.

1: How does that have anything to do with ARK? You are comparing games that haven't been in EA/GP for the past 2 years to a game that have spent 2 years in EA/GP AND releasing paid DLC DURING EA/GP, all the while, receiving feedback from players constantly, and is still in many ways broken after release.

2: We did pay for Ragnarok in the sense that the map is an integrated part of the whole product on the CONSOLE. C.O.N.S.O.L.E (Xbox/PS4) Not sure if i can spell it out any better for you. If it wasn't for WC's way of doing mods, we'd have actual mods on the consoles. I'm not complaining, i'm stating the obvious here. Also, i have a right to voice my opinions, so get off your pedestal. You have no right to belittle me or others for voicing our opinions and stating the facts, especially now that the game has been officially released and is still in many ways broken.

You were one of the people who defended them during EA as well, telling people who criticised them to stop complaining and stop bla bla bla, even if it was constructive ctiricism.

The game on consoles is more expensive than the PC version, that's another fact.

2 hours ago, ExcessEvil said:

It was not made available as 'Free DLC' on the consoles. It was a part and IS a part of the whole product. When you buy the game on the console, you get Ragnarok. You can't buy the game and exclude it. Any part of a full product is a part that you pay for as long as it's integrated into it. You usually learn that when you study business.

Personal attacks, where?

My point is still very much valid.

1: How does that have anything to do with ARK? You are comparing games that haven't been in EA/GP for the past 2 years to a game that have spent 2 years in EA/GP AND releasing paid DLC DURING EA/GP, all the while, receiving feedback from players constantly, and is still in many ways broken after release.

2: We did pay for Ragnarok in the sense that the map is an integrated part of the whole product on the CONSOLE. C.O.N.S.O.L.E (Xbox/PS4) Not sure if i can spell it out any better for you. If it wasn't for WC's way of doing mods, we'd have actual mods on the consoles. I'm not complaining, i'm stating the obvious here. Also, i have a right to voice my opinions, so get off your pedestal. You have no right to belittle me or others for voicing our opinions and stating the facts, especially now that the game has been officially released and is still in many ways broken.

You were one of the people who defended them during EA as well, telling people who criticised them to stop complaining and stop bla bla bla, even if it was constructive ctiricism.

The game on consoles is more expensive than the PC version, that's another fact.

DILO?

4 hours ago, ExcessEvil said:

The price of the game was the same prior to, and after, the release of Ragnarok on console.  It was an addition to the maps available for you to play and there was no additional charge for it.  It was made an official part of the game primarily so that you, the console player, would have access to it.

4 hours ago, ExcessEvil said:

While various sales and special offers may vary, the base price of ARK is the same across all platforms.

Both of these facts are easily verifiable.

Archived