My cheap crab trap

BaldBudgie

https://ibb.co/bZK6HG
https://ibb.co/jc9TWb

Hope this can help you all. 

I visited an official server earlier and was amazed to see all those expensive huge ass behemoth karkinos traps. I'm one lazy sob myself, so i made this minimalistic trap with (at least for me) 100% success rate. I just aim in the middle of the trap and spam the fire button on the catapult. 

The best thing about is that you just kite it over the ramp and down the trap. No gates you need to close or anything. And when its tamed, you just equip a saddle and jump it out.

14 minutes ago, AnAncientOrder said:

Looks like a good minimalistic design. As long as they line up correct that should work great. I'll set one up to try it out. 

Make sure the pillars snap together in a 3x3 square. The pillars opposite the ramp is 1 higher to stop the crab from walking over the gap

You think that is lazy? Some people do it with only 3 dino gates and the turret placed on a cliff. 

I watched nooblets.com's video on karkino trap, and damn, that's one huge and expensive trap. No way I'm going to build that. Dude makes great videos but in that case I think he was a bit over the top. 

3 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

You think that is lazy? Some people do it with only 3 dino gates and the turret placed on a cliff. 

I watched nooblets.com's video on karkino trap, and damn, that's one huge and expensive trap. No way I'm going to build that. Dude makes great videos but in that case I think he was a bit over the top. 

Yeah but 3 dino gates still allows the karkinos to move around and you to miss the shell in my experience. 

Yes I agree about Nooblets. His reaper trap is hella big too. But awesome!

7 minutes ago, Proxis said:

I'd like to try this but I'm fairly new. Could you tell me what you used between the ramp and the pillars ? Foundation plus ceiling ? 

The ramp is just made down from ceilings placed ontop of another pillar snapped to the trap frame pillars. I'll try to take a picture from another angle later

2 hours ago, Kraken said:

Pah, you call that minimalist? Ramps? Six ceilings for your catapult tower? Unnecessary flash and gaudiness! ;-)

Yes I called the trap minimalistic. You could build it near a cliff and put 1 foundation and a catapult on. 

You could probably get away with just 1 ceiling for the ramp and 1 row of ramps. 

Please show me your cheaper foolproof karkinos trap ;)

12 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

Yes I called the trap minimalistic. You could build it near a cliff and put 1 foundation and a catapult on. 

You could probably get away with just 1 ceiling for the ramp and 1 row of ramps. 

Sarcasm is hard to convey in text...

12 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

Chill Winston, just joshing with you.

personally I don't bother with ramps, just lead the crap into the 3x3 and plop a pillar in behind him, and I just have the one ceiling on top of my tower. Means I normally fall down when I dismount the catapult but I'm hard ;)

3 hours ago, Kraken said:

Chill Winston, just joshing with you.

personally I don't bother with ramps, just lead the crap into the 3x3 and plop a pillar in behind him, and I just have the one ceiling on top of my tower. Means I normally fall down when I dismount the catapult but I'm hard ;)

Dunno who that is or what it means. The smart thinng about ramps is that its reuseable 

Archived