night time and ravager speed

Lavincy

so here is two quick qns i really really wanna know. 

1) how long does the night time last in aberration in real life time? like how much? 5 min, 10min? any pro out there would help me out?

2) whats the speed for ravager to out run reapers? some say 155% some said 160% some told me 180% one said you cant ._.???

advance thanks to the pros out there who would help me ans this two qns thanks

The length of days and nights vary on Aberration. 24 hrs in game is about an hour in real life, and on Aberration some days can have 90% night, or 50% night, or 10% night, and its all random. I've played 4 or 5 hrs straight at 90% day, and I've also had 4 or 5 hrs of 90% night, but usually it changes every few in game days

1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

The length of days and nights vary on Aberration. 24 hrs in game is about an hour in real life, and on Aberration some days can have 90% night, or 50% night, or 10% night, and its all random. I've played 4 or 5 hrs straight at 90% day, and I've also had 4 or 5 hrs of 90% night, but usually it changes every few in game days

O_O the 10% fake night info damnlol..

randomly change wow im shock now. 

but thanks for the info man~

• 2 months later...

Ive just done surface farming with close to 180 speed. (Like 175%). Cant outrun them. 

But you can run by the rocks and get them stuck, gotta be careful and not greeedy at all. Dismount to loot ONLY when safe. Lose the drop if you cant be safe. 

Its hard,  gives you heartache but the loot is awesome.

I would advice breeding the ravagers.

On 12/28/2017 at 12:09 PM, Jabnlab said:

On 12/29/2017 at 1:35 AM, Spyder354 said:

Ummm...  His answer was correct and accurate.  When you bring up the HUD to show the time (hold select on XBONE, don't know about others) it will tell you the time and day/night cycle.  Varies between 50/50, 90/10, 10/90.  Have you not noticed that it is inconsistent?

It isn't random, and I won't say its actually inconsistent. Based on the wiki page and what I observed, There is a way to tell when the next % is going to be. It is based on the first digit of the day to the right:

0-3 always gives 50% day and Night

4-6 Gives 90% Day

7-9 Gives 90% night.

It just cycles between based on the said day.

On 12/28/2017 at 11:48 AM, Lavincy said:

so here is two quick qns i really really wanna know. 

1) how long does the night time last in aberration in real life time? like how much? 5 min, 10min? any pro out there would help me out?

2) whats the speed for ravager to out run reapers? some say 155% some said 160% some told me 180% one said you cant ._.???

advance thanks to the pros out there who would help me ans this two qns thanks

Before I gotten Rock Drakes (And I recommend using it once you have the chance of hatching and raising one), I mostly went with ravager with others. 180% Speed onwards is usually possible to get away from, but you want to avoid staying around if a lot of Reaper King appears. If an Alpha Reaper King appears, just run like theres no tomorrow, you only have a few seconds of breather time before it becomes active to chase, and unless you think fast, its nearly impossible to escape from it with Ravager even at 200%... not to mention tail swipe can easily put Ravager in a nearly dead state.

Surface reaper kings move at 2050 movement speed.  To breach that on a ravager, which has a base of 924, you'll need to have at least 222% movement speed.  An alpha moves at 4100 movement speed.  To breach that on a ravager, you'll need 444% movement speed.  You're best off taking a bunch of zipline anchors to set up a bunch of escape ziplines.

2 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Surface reaper kings move at 2050 movement speed.  To breach that on a ravager, which has a base of 924, you'll need to have at least 222% movement speed.  An alpha moves at 4100 movement speed.  To breach that on a ravager, you'll need 444% movement speed.  You're best off taking a bunch of zipline anchors to set up a bunch of escape ziplines.

Hence why you only have a few seconds to bolt off the moment it sense your approach. Lol

Especially since unless you breed Ravager and/or knowing where you go, it is outright nearly impossible to escape from Alphas.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, Vaculity said:

Hence why you only have a few seconds to bolt off the moment it sense your approach. Lol

Especially since unless you breed Ravager and/or knowing where you go, it is outright nearly impossible to escape from Alphas.

I usually tame up 3 high lvl ravagers, get a high lvl light pet, if possible 1 other person with a light pet, and we absolutely wreck on the surface. Just make sure that your ravager has 5k health and a good melee and also take your time. It's very easy to get a swarm of reapers and seekers if you're not careful

On 3/13/2018 at 12:42 PM, AzDaemon said:

I usually tame up 3 high lvl ravagers, get a high lvl light pet, if possible 1 other person with a light pet, and we absolutely wreck on the surface. Just make sure that your ravager has 5k health and a good melee and also take your time. It's very easy to get a swarm of reapers and seekers if you're not careful

Why would you not use a rock drake to accomplish the exact same thing faster and safer? To add to this, if you prep before hand, you can have ~100 nameless venom on your drake for an extra 10000 health meaning you can stay up there even longer if the night cycle permits.  Drakes climbing and gliding will get to drops faster and without agro along the way from every reaper between you and the drop. Once at the drop, a drake with decent health is far safer than a ravager since you have higher base damage and the ability to leave if things turn south. 

39 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Why would you not use a rock drake to accomplish the exact same thing faster and safer? To add to this, if you prep before hand, you can have ~100 nameless venom on your drake for an extra 10000 health meaning you can stay up there even longer if the night cycle permits.  Drakes climbing and gliding will get to drops faster and without agro along the way from every reaper between you and the drop. Once at the drop, a drake with decent health is far safer than a ravager since you have higher base damage and the ability to leave if things turn south. 

I'm not comfortable on how a Drake handles, personally. My ravagers have had no issue yet and most of the time its me, my friend, and 1 spare ravager. We wonder around, kill some things, get what we need and get out. If I'm just drop hunting I'll take a low lvl Drake just to get in and get out but that's it. Other than that, I'm not comfortable on the way they handle

Even if you just stayed on the ground and ran w/ a rock drake, it's still significantly faster than a ravager at base speed.  Ravagers need to be bred and leveled quite a bit to be faster than a drake's running speed.  One glide that glitches to Kansas is still going to take you across the map, even if it's a glitch fest the whole way.  On the surface, there's little danger for glides unless you are cutting your night time close to the cuff.

1 hour ago, banggugyangu said:

Even if you just stayed on the ground and ran w/ a rock drake, it's still significantly faster than a ravager at base speed.  Ravagers need to be bred and leveled quite a bit to be faster than a drake's running speed.  

Yep. If they can outrun a Wild Drake, they can outrun a Reaper King.

On 3/14/2018 at 5:28 PM, Vaculity said:

Yep. If they can outrun a Wild Drake, they can outrun a Reaper King.

1:  no. A wild reaper king is significantly faster than a wild drake. 

2:  that's not at all what I was saying... 

A tame rock drake on foot (not gliding) is significantly faster than a ravager.  They're also still significantly slower than a reaper king. 

On 3/16/2018 at 8:04 PM, banggugyangu said:

1:  no. A wild reaper king is significantly faster than a wild drake. 

2:  that's not at all what I was saying... 

A tame rock drake on foot (not gliding) is significantly faster than a ravager.  They're also still significantly slower than a reaper king. 

I was able to escape Reaper King when it emerge fully with a Rock Drake. And before you ask. I did not glide.

Archived