Aberration transfer limitations

Jrminot

Hello all,

I am adding an aberration server to my server cluster and I am curious what I can and cannot transfer to and from the aberration server.

I haven't found any good explanations yet so I'm posting here so that someone can explain it to me or point me towards where that information might be located.

Thanks,

10 minutes ago, BookofBlade said:

nothing can be transferred to aberration and everything can be transferred from aberration

Thanks for the reply.

I'm assuming that "?CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads=true " allows for anything to be transferred to aberration?

Also, what about item transfers? Can you transfer everything, everything but trophy items, or nothing?

On 12/27/2017 at 2:49 PM, Jrminot said:

Thanks for the reply.

I'm assuming that "?CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads=true " allows for anything to be transferred to aberration?

Also, what about item transfers? Can you transfer everything, everything but trophy items, or nothing?

Far as server options I wouldn't know I just know the defaults from officials from there you can only transfer a totally naked character to aberration no items of any form anything can go from aberration to any other server

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2017 at 9:22 PM, Jrminot said:

Hello all,

I am adding an aberration server to my server cluster and I am curious what I can and cannot transfer to and from the aberration server.

I haven't found any good explanations yet so I'm posting here so that someone can explain it to me or point me towards where that information might be located.

Thanks,

Restrictions are as you configure them.

Only dinos and fertilized eggs are special. You can't download fertilized eggs on Aberration. However you can still transfer them in your inventory. So if you don't want none Aberration creatures you should disable taming of all none Aberration creatures on that server, so the eggs hatch wild and can't be claimed.

If you want all dinos to be transferable you can use ?CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads=true

If you don't use that option you also can't download bees on Aberration, even if they are native to the map.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:38 AM, Thorium said:

Only dinos and fertilized eggs are special. You can't download fertilized eggs on Aberration. However you can still transfer them in your inventory. So if you don't want none Aberration creatures you should disable taming of all none Aberration creatures on that server, so the eggs hatch wild and can't be claimed.

If you want all dinos to be transferable you can use ?CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads=true

If you don't use that option you also can't download bees on Aberration, even if they are native to the map.

Where do I add that for single player?

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2017 at 2:22 PM, Jrminot said:

Hello all,

Thanks,

I wondering the Same thing and looking for a bronto to bie hit me up warslayer2002

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, YourFavoriteOni said:

Does anyone know if the bees can be transfered out of aberration? I'm an xbox player and haven't been able to transfer the bee out of aberration both in bee and hive form.

There was a patch that permits non-native dino whose native dino exist in Aberration to Transfer in and out. However, its currently only for PC; Consoles don't have such permission yet.

Not sure about the Bees though. Haven't tested that out in PC.

6 hours ago, flamron said:

Bee needs to be in bee form for 12hrs before it can be transferred. Hives don’t transfer. 

Thats kind of good to know, but when I was by a drop to transfer it out, the uploader said I had to keep the bee in bee form for 30 minutes, much like the inventory timer for the players and it still wouldn't transfer. I'll keep it in bee form on aberration inside my base for 12 hours and try to transfer it out after that. If it works I'll notify ya.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:47 AM, YourFavoriteOni said:

Thats kind of good to know, but when I was by a drop to transfer it out, the uploader said I had to keep the bee in bee form for 30 minutes, much like the inventory timer for the players and it still wouldn't transfer. I'll keep it in bee form on aberration inside my base for 12 hours and try to transfer it out after that. If it works I'll notify ya.

Dinos that are freshly pulled out say that as well, even though there’s a 12hr cooldown on them. Math isn’t a strong suit here. Lol

On 2/1/2018 at 9:38 PM, Thorium said:

Not trying to go off-topic, but won't that kill off the egg immediately upon transfer if you try to do that method under default setting?

7 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Not trying to go off-topic, but won't that kill off the egg immediately upon transfer if you try to do that method under default setting?

This is fixed now. I didn't tried what exactly happens, but you can no longer transfer fertilized eggs to Aberration.

It used to not kill the egg at all and you could in fact bring flyers to Aberration this way.

Archived