Cannot Tame Queen Bee in Aberration

MajorFizz24

I also cannot tame a Queen Bee in Aberration.  

I've tamed them before on the Island and Ragnarok, after breaking a hive a Queen and her drones would pop out and with some Ghillie, Bug Repellant, a Pike, and some Rare Flowers, she'd be mine...But no matter how many hives I destroy in various ways, no Queens are spawning.  I'm afraid the recent patch may be preventing them from doing so, since I've seen others able to tame them before.

I tamed a few.  After breaking the hive kill the bees that rush you (I used spino).  Throw some honey on the ground to keep Queen in the area.  Lay down and creep up to her slowly.  I didn't gain any agro from the other bees she spawns.  I did find laying flat was the only way to get up to her without mad bees stinging me.  I used ghillie but no bug repellent.

As an update, I just out gathering some honey and a queen popped out to my surprise.  I rushed back to base, grabbed my ravager, ghillie, bug repellant, and rare flowers and came back and found it...and it wouldn't let me tame it.  It wouldn't accept rare flowers or anything else for that matter.  There's gotta be some issue here.

Edit:  I got one!  Another popped out just after harvesting from a beehive (not destroying one), but I had to lose aggro from the drones before I could approach to tame.

On 12/28/2017 at 5:01 PM, A10AerialAce said:

As an update, I just out gathering some honey and a queen popped out to my surprise.  I rushed back to base, grabbed my ravager, ghillie, bug repellant, and rare flowers and came back and found it...and it wouldn't let me tame it.  It wouldn't accept rare flowers or anything else for that matter.  There's gotta be some issue here.

Edit:  I got one!  Another popped out just after harvesting from a beehive (not destroying one), but I had to lose aggro from the drones before I could approach to tame.

Just to note, the issue was that it was "in combat" with you, you have to run a good distance away and then it'll become tameable again.

Okay on a 140x server i built around one broke it open and was on its ass it could not go anywhere and I had rare flowers but no option tries varies way with same one no option after 15 mins had to kill base was getting infested and I was half health is there a fix with this because i seen people use no g and bug replant and still get it on this server

Having a friend on a spino to break open the hive with 4-5 bites and also take the bees out (and aggro off you) makes taming so much easier.  Also from up there they can watch the bee. Sometimes no Queen comes out.  Sometimes there are 4 hives on top of each other.  ARK ...

Best if the bee get stuck in a rock / tree 

Sometimes it gltiches and E to tame stops showing., Also hitting/touching the Queen seems to break taming, try crouching as you tame

I know this is an old post now but thought I'd add my issues. I don't have any problems finding the Queen Bee. But they NEVER accept the Rare Flower. Tried countless times but no, don't even have the option to give the flower anymore. Surely has to be a bug. Either that or they changed the way they're tamed without me noticing.

Archived