Lawless Servers and Who Makes The Laws or Can Anyone Really Make the Law

invincibleqc
Message added by Jerryn

I split this out as best as I could.  I could have gone up one more post, but since it was partly on topic to the original thread, I left it there.

1 hour ago, Dylan1602 said:

A single quote would've been sufficient followed by your response but breaking it up and moving the quotes around to suit you I can comprehend. 

The majority may think they make the law but if they don't enforce it and make it the same for everyone and not only themselves then no one will follow which is clearly what is happening. 

quotes are moved around as a)i've only just worked out how to quote like this b) i'd been drinking but hey its xmas and c) it was late (very early in the morning)

at what point have i shown that a) we don't enforce it b) not made it the same for everyone and c) no one will follow which is clearly what is happening. 

So you kite up to peoples bases but complain when someone does it to you. That is very interesting.

as i replied to invincibleqc that was taken out of context, in that thread i posting about how one tribe was griefing a whole server and how WC had changed the rules to lessen ticket numbers but you haven't read all of the thread so i wouldn't expect you to read another

Insulting my vocabulary although I use a wide variety of words

guess you didn't read the whole post including why i lowered myself to your level

That's a big defining factor here, game, real life

as i've said before (but you probably didn't read) its a game filled with real people even if the landscape is virtual hence why we expect the same respect to be shown as you would in the real world

You can try and enforce your rules which evidently isn't working; therefore leading to you moaning about it on this thread.

please scroll back and read the thread (even if it hurts) and you see that it is working and that i'm not moaning but explaining our view point

By luring a wild dino to their base, not actually fighting them because that's what real leaders do.

being a leader is not about fighting, leaders rarely fight most of the time they are way in the back

You said it yourself, they belong to no one so no one is stealing or being robbed... Am I the only one this is making sense to... 

the difference is how we define how one claims possession, our way is likened to an civilised order ly queue while yours is the scrum of a black friday sale that peeps record and put on youtube for peeps to laugh at

2 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

The reason I am complaining to you is because I hate seeing people like yourself make these accusations and try and blame other people

what accusations (other than that of you having a low IQ) have i made and who have i blamed?

You will never see me on your server,

for which i am thankful, you called yourself toxic and your kind would not be welcomed

You know, not being scared of actual conflict which I've heard is an option for you PVE guys but never seems to be actually used.

another insult.  pvp war is easy rockets and c4 pvp warfair is an art form as most pvp players find out when they come to pve servers and run their mouth and give it the biggen  

Doesn't point 'b' completely contradict what you have just said by reverting to insults yourself. 

no just showing you the same lack of respect

It is not skillful by any means no, the other person is just better than you at taking them.

how is someone better at something when the deciding factor is out of the hands of both partys? if i had a nuke and you had a penknife would that make me the better fighter?

Regarding the Alphas and Taming, it is down to whoever lands the last hit so it is no different to the beacons in that sense. Either take it or leave it. 

again its about respect, we respect the fact that someone else got there first, say you were out shopping for a loaf of bread and someone took the last one off the shelf as you turned into the aisle, its not theirs till they've paid for it so is it ok to flying drop kick them and take it from their unconscious body

I have a question, you tame these super dinos, you breed your colours, you do bosses and you build your base. What then? How many of your dinos do you actually use and how many do you have just sitting there on a trough life support.

i've been playing since the centre came out and i've still got much i wish to do,  when i'm done and bored of the game i'll probably give my stuff away and find a new game to play, its not like i'm looking to leave it all to my grand kids

You cannot earn power you have to take it. You cannot take respect you have to earn it

we took power (and enforced our rules) and earned the mutual respect of the people of our server 

when new tribes come to our server we give them the chance to earn our respect if they fail we show them our power

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is certainly nothing wrong with snagging any loot drop you can get your hands on, just as there is nothing wrong with having an understanding with everyone else on your server to handle it a different way.

There is nothing wrong with bucking the trend on a server and doing things your own way, and there is nothing wrong with actively going after those people in kind.

In fact, the only thing I see wrong in this thread is speaking about a public server as if it were your own, which is obviously untrue.  Yet even that is okay as long as you realize that other players can (and likely will) strenuously disagree with you and your allies on that point... and are well within their rights to do so.

The only way you can consider a server to truly be "yours" to set the rules for (and enforce with absolute authority) is one that you pay for yourself. 

As long as you realize that the only moral authority you are exercising on public servers is mob rule, and that your opinion of how things should be run is no more valid than the solo player only looking out for himself, you should be just fine.

The rights to drops to me are a courtesy thing and I'm a firm believer that if you are sitting waiting you have dibs. It's open season if you get there at the same time. This common courtesy has worked naturally on our server though during events there is a bit more of a competitive air about it and some blurring of the rules. I personally get a noyes when I'm waiting and someone tries a steal but I'll note who it is and give waring in chat. If that tribe is continually doing so they are called out and we make sure all main tribes know what they are doing. Usually those who do this bow to server preasure pretty quickly. If not it's time to ago.

A public server to begin with is a lawless land. The only laws that could technically be in place are the game rules and regulations which are stated by WC. Other than that, there are no rules to abide by and it is a free country, dog eat dog. But like you said, you can't just make up your own law on a public server, so if I can't, why on earth would I abide by someone elses rules? Because in the ark world, no one is higher or lower, we are all equal and the power you receive is the power you take. 
You can disapprove of people stealing drops and say how much it angers you in chat but if you don't do anything about it, why would they stop? 'repeat offenders find out how much we disprove' Going by this I assume you are on a PVP server; therefore if you know someone is notorious for being faster at taking the drop than you and you don't like it. Kill them... If you're on PVE, speed up or shut up.
Beacons belong to the first person to loot it so nothing is stolen from you as it was never yours. Guns and bombs are designed to kill. Beacons are designed to be looted. Hell if I was out to loot beacons you best know I'm gonna loot every one I can because that's what they're designed for. If I was out to kill people you best know I'm gonna be loaded with my C4 and a Shotgun in hand and I'm gonna kill and blow up everything I see. Two very different scenarios, but both have the same principle, if you're out to do something then you're not gonna let some moany people stop you. Because I would just kill you, loot the beacon, then loot you and probably kill your tame just to be a rather large genital. That may just be because I'm a toxic official PVP player but you just gotta realise you don't own your server so its free game on whatever activity you're doing.

Look, I understand etiquette and manners but this is a survival game.  
Generally people play pve for the peaceful commuinity feeling of doing what you do in single player but having people to talk to. We had a big tribe on our server start to pound it's chest and kite gigs when it didn't get its own way. The main tribes banded together and defended the guys getting kited then pronounced a trade embargo against said tribe. The of course declared they did not care and trolled a little more but within a couple of weeks of being ignored in chat and nobody dealing with them.....they packed up thier toys and left. A group of same minded large tribes can indeed rule a server and if they also help the smaller tribes that governance only gets stronger. Blacklist a tribe and take the fun out of it for them do everything you can to disrupt daily life for them. Sure it's easy to defend against kiting but kiting is only one tool in the box in PVE trolling. Taking away somebody's sense of place on a server works wonders.

On 12/25/2017 at 9:52 PM, invincibleqc said:

It doesn't work like that. You just can't make up your own law on a public server. And that, even if your friends agreed to it. The reality is that beacons are designed so that the first one to loot it is the ones that own the loot. Basic and very simple concept. If you and some others agreed to take turns, then that is alright. But if someone else doesn't want and prefer to race for them then that is fine too. The fact you are complaining about kiting into another thread and then admit here doing so when others are not respecting your laws sounds very hypocritical to me. Which by the way, based on your logic on the other thread should get you banned for admitting to it. Griefing is griefing no matter your reasons. The same way that robbing a bank to buy a nice car or robbing a bank to feed your children is still... robbing a bank. ;)

We are not "enabling" anything as we have no authorities to do so. We are just pointing out that beacons are not owned by anyone. On the other hand, items are. The first one to take possession of the items contained into a beacon is the rightful owner of said items but claiming the beacon itself just makes no sense.

In conclusion, race with the ones that want to race and try to loot faster than them and take turns with the ones that take turns. :)

You actually kinda can "make up your own laws" on official these days. since there is virtually no way to get a gm to do anything about it. if you have a big and powerful enough tribe you can pretty much squeeze ppl with threats and make ur own laws.

[on PVE] Flyes around in wyvern, looks down a Christmas rex 150 been tranquilized by a known "drop-thief" survivor. Previously boasting in global chat " you all nobs cant do anything dont care about your rules"

Lands next to him , at this point i can imagine his face and what he is feeling cause he know whats next, yeah wyvern fed a nice christmass meal.

Stuff like this hypothetical scenario is what happens to drop "drop-thief" survivors in most pve servers, the ones saying they do it to noobs, is not noobs really, just to other people with lag issues. 

After all there are a lot of fun stuff a golem or titano can do in those 15 minutes it takes to ORP to get active, so better be civilized or become a perpetual target.

"drop-thief" is used loosely, yeah dude we know it officially the drop belongs to anyone.

Na. Not if you build right. I’ve had trolls try for years. 
I had no part in it other than being there to see it, one tribe had built close to hill but not close enough to drop something right in. This was on legacy server btw. But I seen another tribe place a quetz between the hill side and the behemoth gate just enough to run a gig off the hill, slide across the platform, and over into the base.. it was amazing idea.. but sad for the tribe.. I get amazed at the creativity of people who want to kite people.

Do you have any interesting stories of people who have tried to kite you, that you care to share?

On 12/25/2017 at 8:59 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

There are no such rules in imaginary video game land like there are here on the forum. 

You can have these arbitrary self imposed rules in your own head. But the guy standing next to you doesn’t have to live by them. He can just loot and scoot. Survive or die (crying). 

No mater whether in game or in real life, there are consequences to breaking rules. Whether those are defined by the law or by social adherence and therefore a culture, there's consequences lol. Telling people to not adhere to them means, well, like in the scenario provided above, an alpha is gonna come knocking you off the server. If it's PVE you better hope they don't troll you in the many ways that it's viable on PVE atleast. So, sure, you can do what you want- but I don't want to hear you crying when your reaping the consequence like the guy who cried when his loot got 'stolen' .

PVE its just discussing...i prefer to be raided 100 times a day in pvp.
That's a very common misconception. Much like what this whole thread is about, there are several instances where things go way beyond just discussing.. just because they can't just come running in guns blazing tearing your things apart doesn't mean people don't go far out of thier way to make you game experience a living hell. Again, I'll use when SE first launched the amount of pve bases that were being destroyed I'd wager rivaled that of true PvP. From bringing brontos into destroy early thatch and wood, to alpha Rex's gigas and Titans to destroy stone and metal, there is no denying there is PvP in pve.

Cattafett You cannot possibly be trying to compare what you are claiming to do, to real life. Your comparisons are terrible by the way, such nonsense. Punishing players is all well and good, but what you are describing, what you claim to have done, is an absurd overreaction to the "problem" being caused. Let's use an apt comparison, instead of some fallacy.

You stated that when you catch someone "stealing" drops you kite dinos into their base and "wipe" them off of your PVE server.

That would like me seeing someone cut in line at WalMart and following them home and setting their house on fire. Then following them to their NEW home and setting THAT one on fire. And so on. It's pretty petty considering the consequences faced when someone "steals" your drop... which is finding another drop. "Oh no, I am slightly inconvenienced! Better destroy all the work that other person has put into the game for weeks over it!" Seriously, this is definitely griefing no matter how you are trying to justify it.

And the hypocrisy is astounding. The context has no relevance. The other tribe kited alphas into your base and it made you angry, so you spoke out against kiting. But here you openly admit to kiting alphas into the bases of OTHERS, based on your own personal moral code, and that is just fine by you. You can do what you want, clearly you are the big bad bully on your server, but it's silly to complain when it happens right back to you. That is the crux of most of the objections here, that you are totally ok with kiting so long as you are the one doing it and you think the other person deserves it. But if it's you, well then kiting is the devil.

Last thing, PVE is supposed to be player versus ENVIRONMENT. The fact that you choose to remain on PVE, but look for and exploit ways to harm other players while on it, yet refuse to move to PVP where there is an even ground, is fairly telling of the game environment you have created. To each their own.

21 hours ago, KRONOS727 said:

Where do i find these pvp servers with a " freindly" community? As a solo player it's incredibly difficult to do anything without being leveled every few days.

On unofficial. Probably not what you are searching for, but it's true.

Also when i read how some PvE players play here and want to control the other players, they should play PvP instead. No need to kite, just fight it out.

Btw. on most unofficial PvE servers people get banned pretty quickly for kiting, but i don't know a server the admin will ban players for ninjaing a drop. It may not be a nice thing to do, but it's part of the game. I understand you are making your rules because there is no actual moderation on official, but that's the real flaw of official PvE and why you need to do it in the first place and why there is so much griefing going on. PvE on Ark only works with heavy moderation.

You stated that when you catch someone "stealing" drops you kite dinos into their base and "wipe" them off of your PVE server.
That would like me seeing someone cut in line at WalMart and following them home and setting their house on fire. Then following them to their NEW home and setting THAT one on fire. And so on. It's pretty petty considering the consequences faced when someone "steals" your drop... which is finding another drop. "Oh no, I am slightly inconvenienced! Better destroy all the work that other person has put into the game for weeks over it!" Seriously, this is definitely griefing no matter how you are trying to justify it.
And the hypocrisy is astounding. The context has no relevance. The other tribe kited alphas into your base and it made you angry, so you spoke out against kiting. But here you openly admit to kiting alphas into the bases of OTHERS, based on your own personal moral code, and that is just fine by you.

Here's my problem with this. They clearly stated that it is not an immediate response to a single "theft". There are discussions, warnings, etc. that all take place prior to the kiting.

It is not their own personal moral code, it is the agreed upon procedure of the majority of the community. I've played pve official, both new and legacy, and servers where the community collaborates and respects each other end up lasting much longer than those that don't.

Also, your analogy isn't very good either but hey, at least you tried.

1 minute ago, RosloCain said:

They clearly stated that it is not an immediate response to a single "theft".

Please elaborate on why that matters at all.

3 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

It is not their own personal moral code, it is the agreed upon procedure of the majority of the community

It IS their own moral code, which becomes very apparent when you understand their objection to the very methods they employ. Whether other people are okay with it or not doesn't matter either. Just because other people agree with your arbitrary rules does not make your perceived wrongs any less subjective. This guy thinks there is a problem with people getting loot that other people were waiting to also get. He considers it a "crime" that deserves to be "punished", but, as illustrated here, it is an entirely subjective point. There are plenty of dictators who ran their own moral philosophy with people supporting them. It is still a moral justification for a behavior that, when employed differently, he has stated he finds objectionable.

7 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

Also, your analogy isn't very good either but hey, at least you tried.

You're right, I guess it would be better to note that the person was asked to stop first. THEN they burned his house down. I simply assumed anyone reading it would be intelligent enough to make the proper leaps in logic necessary to draw an accurate comparison. Clearly I was wrong.

You're right, I guess it would be better to note that the person was asked to stop first. THEN they burned his house down. I simply assumed anyone reading it would be intelligent enough to make the proper leaps in logic necessary to draw an accurate comparison. Clearly I was wrong.
It matters because the individual is made aware that this server operates with a certain moral code, that the code is recognized by the server and is inhabitants, and it is also enforced. Just because it's pve, rather than pvp, doesn't invalidate the ability of established players to determine the type of environment they prefer to exist in. It only makes it more difficult to enforce.

Kiting simply to destroy someone's stuff is griefing. Kiting to teach someone a lesson about being considerate of their fellow arkers is different.

The last legacy I played on had a few established tribes that enforced rules with brutal efficiency, even after they tried to nerf the ability to kite dinos. Ever see people take turns killing every single dinosaur someone tried to tame? Every complaint met with, "Sorry didn't realize. I was on a meat run."

As for your repeated insistence that your analogy is apt, I'll correct that now since you decided to double down.

A more apt analogy would be like if you were at a market waiting for a product (in this case I'll use a loaf of bread) to be finished and placed on display so you could purchase it.

Right at the last second before that bread is placed down, someone walks up, shoulders in front, and grabs it. You explain that you were waiting for that bread and they tell you to jog on, they were faster so you lose.

Then you move to another counter, we'll say pizza, and you are yet again waiting for it placed when the same person walks up at the last second and snags it from you. You look at them and ask what their problem is, they tell you the only problem is that you're too slow so git gud or go home.

Then you find out that they've been doing this to all of the other patrons at the market as well, every single day. Including the people in wheelchairs who simply can't get there as quickly (poor internet) and the children who don't know it's a dog eat dog world and so they expect people to treat each other with respect.

Some people will band together and crowd out the offender, others will just knock whatever he has on the floor.

Clearly I was wrong.

Only in the fact that your analogy lacks the depth to draw an accurate comparison between the two types of events. In yours, I still have my cart full of goods and all the line cutter is costing me is a tiny portion of my total time. That would be accurate if you were describing a scenario in which I were picking up stones on the beach and you ran up and stated to gather some in the same place I was.

14 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

It matters because the individual is made aware that this server operates with a certain moral code

That has nothing to do with my original point, the disproportionate response to the stated offense. Just because you let me know what the result is does not actually change the absurdity of the stated result. Destroying someone else's home because they inconvenienced you is STILL disproportionate regardless if it is agreed upon or not.

15 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

Kiting to teach someone a lesson about being considerate of their fellow arkers is different.

There is no difference at all. It is just the subjective opinion of the person doing the griefing. Perhaps the original "griefers" did it because they heard this guy likes to kite alphas into the bases of people who take drops. Again, it is simply justification for a practice someone claims to object to. "When I do it, it's ok, but if someone does it to me they're wrong!"

18 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

Some people will band together and crowd out the offender, others will just knock whatever he has on the floor.

... which, even if more appropriate, is not at all what is happening. People aren't sitting out at the drops and keeping the offenders away, nor are they taking the thing back. They are literally abusing game mechanics to destroy the other persons hard work for a perceived wrong. Either analogy works, because it is simply an overreaction to a perceived wrong, a wrong that is subjective. Again, leaps in logic, try and keep up.

... which, even if more appropriate, is not at all what is happening. People aren't sitting out at the drops and keeping the offenders away, nor are they taking the thing back. They are literally abusing game mechanics to destroy the other persons hard work for a perceived wrong. Either analogy works, because it is simply an overreaction to a perceived wrong, a wrong that is subjective. Again, leaps in logic, try and keep up.
You did realize that the "crowding out" and "knocking down" were figurative, right? I'd hate to be leaving you behind.

You can't crowd out a drop on ark unless you have, (I'd have to only assume because I've never seem it even tried) a third to half of a decently populated server turn out and you also cannot simply take it back on pve.

The wrong may be subjective but so is your disdain for the method of retaliation and the reasons it occurred. Your OPINION about what is or is not an overreaction is no less subjective and yet you talk about that persons hypocrisy.

How about you not try to impose your ideals on a location you don't even exist at?

40 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

You did realize that the "crowding out" and "knocking down" were figurative, right?

Yes and I also realized that neither were appropriate terms given the subject matter, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

41 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

You can't crowd out a drop on ark

Again, it doesn't matter, because you CAN interfere with the person in question, or increase your odds of snagging said item before the supposed interloper has a chance. Figurative not literal, words that represent the ideas of knocking down or crowding out an individual. Come on, do I have to explain everything in baby talk? I'd rather not be so boorishly pedantic.

43 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

The wrong may be subjective but so is your disdain for the method of retaliation and the reasons it occurred

Again, you do not seem to grasp the issue at had. The retaliation is disproportionate. That is an objective fact. On one hand the "crime" is that a person MIGHT not get loot (a luxury item that was not earned or paid for) and the retaliation is the destruction of weeks worth of work. My personal opinions are irrelevant, that is simply not a proportionate response. That is not eye for an eye. See, these things can be measured and compared. I'm going to go ahead and let you figure out how on your own, let me know if you need help later.

That person is hypocritical for using a method of retribution that THEY THEMSELVES have spoken out against. I pointed out a disproportionate response. Maybe Google a word before trying to use it in a sentence, it will be less embarrassing.

48 minutes ago, RosloCain said:

How about you not try to impose your ideals on a location you don't even exist at?

I could but that is WAY less fun.

I could but that is WAY less fun.
Nevermind then. You're not here to legitimately argue a point out of a sense of conviction, it's simply so you can be a troll.

I've been in both types of official pve servers, those with whole community enforced codes of conduct and those without. I know what ultimately happens to each and I also know that sometimes in pve kiting really is the only opinion, the "nuclear" option.

In this specific scenario, it appearst to be a reaction to a series of events that have to be viewed cumulatively, rather than individually, against a person that the server has deemed ultimately too toxic or contrary to exist. They were in the server first, they established themselves first, it's their server for all intents and purposes. You don't like their rules, transfer out or take over.

You continue to state your opinion that it's disproportionate, I disagree. If its only once or twice it would be but it's apparently not so its a matter of how frequently it occurs and to whom. If its just one person always taking from another, that's a private matter. If they're going around and taking from everyone in the server that's different.

If the person was made aware that continuing to act in a specific manner was going to result in a very specific response, and they choose to continue to act in that manner, I have absolutely zero sympathy for them. They weren't being told anything unreasonable so by choosing to continue down their chosen path, they chose what they would find at the end.

Just like the mod said earlier, they've never been kited because they know how to build. I've never been kited because I too know how to build. I understand how aggro works and build with that in mind because I don't always build in the easy zones. If someone told me IN ADVANCE that I was going to be kited, and I still wanted to continue as I was, I'd at least try and make it difficult.

Since the updates to pve concerning aggro and orp, I've logged on numerous times to someone's failed attempt to kite me. I thank Rando in global chat for leaving free xp outside my base or inside my walls.

Your hypocrisy is in calling someone to task for their "obviously" disproportionate retaliation to their perceived wrongs, when your determination that it is disproportionate is simply perceived as well. I never said that they weren't being hypocritical, I was simply pointing out that you are as well.

Boorishly pedantic? Gtfoh. They were examples if how people might react differently to the situation in relation to my analogy. This refers back to my previous examples of how this had been handled in other servers I've been in; like the constant meat runners that make it difficult for ark life in general as opposed to the kiters who'll just destroy your stuff and be done with you.

9 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Lol no laws or rules or respect in a pve  server because no other needs can enforce anything and no one has fear of loss. You should see how respectfull and law abiding people are on some pvp servers where anyone that gets out of line can and will be dealt with, 

i'm guessing you don't play pve, many pvp'ers come to pve thinking as you do and learn the hard way

9 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

In fact, the only thing I see wrong in this thread is speaking about a public server as if it were your own, which is obviously untrue.  Yet even that is okay as long as you realize that other players can (and likely will) strenuously disagree with you and your allies on that point... and are well within their rights to do so.

it may have been on a post that was left behind but i did state "ours" was used in the sense of the server we play on not the server we own

as also stated before rights vs freedom, yes they may have the right to steal a drop but they also have the freedom to chose to act in a way which will cause others to react in retaliation after they have been warned of the consequences

9 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I just took a drop from some nub standing there waiting for it. 

Made me smile and think of this thread. :D

i hope at some point the shoe is on the other foot and you think back to this and gain some understanding of our point of view

unlikely but hey i try to be optimistic

5 hours ago, jpcab said:

PVE its just discussing...i prefer to be raided 100 times a day in pvp.

i need a gif. of scar face shooting out alphas saying "say hello to my little friends"

5 hours ago, Glerian said:

Cattafett You cannot possibly be trying to compare what you are claiming to do, to real life. Your comparisons are terrible by the way, such nonsense. Punishing players is all well and good, but what you are describing, what you claim to have done, is an absurd overreaction to the "problem" being caused. Let's use an apt comparison, instead of some fallacy.

its called zero tolerance , its not a case of you steal a drop you get wiped its more like you steal a drop you are warned, you steal another you get kited, you continue to steal drops we carry on messing with you till you stop or leave

And the hypocrisy is astounding. The context has no relevance.

context has relevance, i wasn't complaining about getting kited i was complaining about how WC did nothing other than change the rules when 1 tribe were trolling an entire server for poops and giggles.  the kiting was just one example of evidence ignored by WC  

clearly you are the big bad bully on your server

no. first i act with the backing and help of the other tribes on my server, second i'd rather not have to spend my time dealing with the "few" who disregard wishes of the "many"

Last thing, PVE is supposed to be player versus ENVIRONMENT. The fact that you choose to remain on PVE, but look for and exploit ways to harm other players while on it, yet refuse to move to PVP where there is an even ground, is fairly telling of the game environment you have created. To each their own.

other players are part of that environment, there is even ground as those that chose not to live by our rules are able to try kite back as much as as they wish

the environment "we" have created is a peaceful one until someone comes along and continues to disregard the wishes of the community

4 hours ago, Glerian said:

Please elaborate on why that matters at all.

because warnings are given, when a tribe first joins our server we understand they don't know the status quo, when transgressions are made we explain the issue and the result of continued transgressions

why it matters is about respect, we show the new tribe that the community we've built on our server is one based on mutual respect and that if they wish to be part of it and benefit from it respect must be shown to be recived

Hello,

I so fully agree with @Ranger1. Experienced players with sense of standards help out on both PvE and PvP. I remember playing and a raid party left my house alone, we later became friends.

10 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I just took a drop from some nub standing there waiting for it. 

I guess it speaks for it self.

Regards,

Ariana

Archived