Lawless Servers and Who Makes The Laws or Can Anyone Really Make the Law

invincibleqc
Message added by Jerryn

I split this out as best as I could.  I could have gone up one more post, but since it was partly on topic to the original thread, I left it there.

• Volunteer Moderator

I totally agree with @Joebl0w13 here; the first to loot... is first to loot. That being said...

4 hours ago, cattafett said:

doesn't matter who you are or what tribe you were stealing from, you steal a drop again and i'll see to it you'll be wiped from the map

I thought you were against any form of threats of griefing on PvE...  9_9

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I totally agree with @Joebl0w13 here; the first to loot... is first to loot. That being said...

I thought you were against any form of threats of griefing on PvE...  9_9

theres griefing and there teaching someone some manners

maybe its because i'm english but i respect the queue or dibs

each sever is a society in of its self and as such it will make up rules and laws (like in real life) and those who don't follow those rules are punished, as a mod for the forum you should understand this premise and the diffrence between it and someone who is going out of their way to grief/harass others for no other reason than personal enjoyment

and for those of you who say "its ok to take the drop hey its only a game" while it is a game those other tribe are not NPS's and the lack of respect you show them is the same lack of respect you should receive 

13 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

On PVE the first person to snag that drop. Wins. 

Doesnt matter of you are standing around sucking on your thumb waiting for it to drop. 

the fact that someone is there waiting for the drop to land means they "snagged" it, you can't access it while its falling so you have to wait for it to drop

would you (in real life) push your way to the front of a queue and expect to be served first? 

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, cattafett said:

the fact that someone is there waiting for the drop to land means they "snagged" it, you can't access it while its falling so you have to wait for it to drop

would you (in real life) push you

In real life there are lines. 

In imaginary video game world there are survivors with loot and people left standing there with empty hands. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, cattafett said:

an imaginary world filled with real people same way this forum is a virtual place yet you're here enforcing rules 

There are no such rules in imaginary video game land like there are here on the forum. 

You can have these arbitrary self imposed rules in your own head. But the guy standing next to you doesn’t have to live by them. He can just loot and scoot. Survive or die (crying). 

i'd disagree,  when a group of people come together they form a society or community and as its formed rules and laws are made

regardless of whether it's a virtual (its not imaginary) landscape or not,

the other tribes are not imaginary people hence the warning backed by the majority of the server

you break those rules you suffer the consequences

so yes he can loot and scoot but then he has a whole server gunning for him so its

Survive (and then get wiped) or die (spend the next few days working with the rest of the server getting all of the thief's dinos killed or he learns not to steal drops )

the real world we live in has arbitrary rules imposed upon us by the societys we live in, the virtual one we ride dinos in is no different

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, cattafett said:

i'd disagree,  when a group of people come together they form a society or community and as its formed rules and laws are made

regardless of whether it's a virtual (its not imaginary) landscape or not,

the other tribes are not imaginary people hence the warning backed by the majority of the server

you break those rules you suffer the consequences

so yes he can loot and scoot but then he has a whole server gunning for him so its

Survive (and then get wiped) or die (spend the next few days working with the rest of the server getting all of the thief's dinos killed or he learns not to steal drops )

Na. We can agree to disagree. Freedom is cool that way. 

I just always built my base likes it’s PvP anyway and then nobody can grief you. Nobody has been able to grief me on official servers. 

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, cattafett said:

your base maybe safe but on my server you'd be spending all your time defending it and you'd get nothing done

Well, if you grief others to enforce your own personal laws how do you expect others to treat you? Like someone recently said:

1 hour ago, cattafett said:

the lack of respect you show them is the same lack of respect you should receive 

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, if you grief others to enforce your own personal laws how do you expect others to treat you? Like someone recently said:

but they are not just my personal laws, if the majority of the server hadn't agreed with them i wouldn't act when others were affected only myself 

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Na. Not if you build right. I’ve had trolls try for years. 

trolls are one thing, having a whole server working together against you is another

the last tribe we removed from our server believed as you do  

• Volunteer Moderator
34 minutes ago, cattafett said:

but they are not just my personal laws, if the majority of the server hadn't agreed with them i wouldn't act when others were affected only myself

trolls are one thing, having a whole server working together against you is another

It doesn't work like that. You just can't make up your own law on a public server. And that, even if your friends agreed to it. The reality is that beacons are designed so that the first one to loot it is the ones that own the loot. Basic and very simple concept. If you and some others agreed to take turns, then that is alright. But if someone else doesn't want and prefer to race for them then that is fine too. The fact you are complaining about kiting into another thread and then admit here doing so when others are not respecting your laws sounds very hypocritical to me. Which by the way, based on your logic on the other thread should get you banned for admitting to it. Griefing is griefing no matter your reasons. The same way that robbing a bank to buy a nice car or robbing a bank to feed your children is still... robbing a bank. ;)

19 minutes ago, davidcostarica said:

Stealing drops is not cool, what is even worst is to see two moderators enabling such actions in PVE.

We are not "enabling" anything as we have no authorities to do so. We are just pointing out that beacons are not owned by anyone. On the other hand, items are. The first one to take possession of the items contained into a beacon is the rightful owner of said items but claiming the beacon itself just makes no sense.

In conclusion, race with the ones that want to race and try to loot faster than them and take turns with the ones that take turns. :)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, cattafett said:

They believed all they want. 

They just didn’t build well ;)

@invincibleqc

You just can't make up your own law on a public server.

thing is we have, drops are rarely stolen on our server and when they are we verbally (in chat or party) explain that it is disproved of, repeat offenders find out how much we disprove

beacons are designed so that the first one to loot it is the ones that own the loot

guns and bombs are designed to kill people doesn't mean you shoot or blow up everyone you meet

The fact you are complaining about kiting into another thread and then admit here doing so when others are not respecting your laws sounds very hypocritical to me Which by the way, based on your logic on the other thread should get you banned for admitting to it

a) our laws and b) you are taking what i said out of context, i complained about one tribe who grieved a whole server for fun as opposed to a whole server wishing for a more respectful environment

The same way that robbing a bank to buy a nice car or robbing a bank to feed your children is still... robbing a bank. ;)

laws are not absolute, you kill someone to rob them its murder, you kill someone trying to kill you its self defence, you kill someone in war its war, you kill someone who's been given the death sentence its your job

i believe the term is  mitigating circumstances

7 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Stealing? lol

You don’t own in till it’s in your inventory. 

this is where the respect for the other player come into it, you see them already waiting at the drop so you show them the respect for the fact that they got to the drop site first

same as if you see someone fighting an alpha(1) or knocking out a dino to tame it(2), 

(1)im on my 4th attempt to tame this 150 hyena thats right outside my base, a deer runs past me with the alpha arrow and i'm like DILO!!

i turn round an see this guy on a dragon trying to kill a 140 alpha rex and his dragon is bloody.

now i don't want an alpha rex left near my base and this guy has no chance of killing it so i could of taken the kill but i didn't i pulled my rex out bit till it was bloody and then tanked it till he fire breathed it to death, the honourable path  

(2)on one of my legacy server someone called out a 150 giga tribe a called dibs, managed to trap it and was in the process of knocking it out, tribe b flew over and managed to get that last arrow in and the giga goes down and so the fight starts. tribe c (who owns the trap) gets dragged into the fight and while tribes a and b are going back and forth kitting each other over a period of a month or two a number of other tribes get dragged into the fight whether because of alliances/friendships or bad kitting

the plain and simple fact is that a respectful server is a peaceful server is a happy server

i know i could go to most of the tribes on my server and borrow any BP or dino to make a baby and not be charged, why because i'm respected and i show them the same respect back

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

You just can't make up your own law on a public server.

(woo hoo just learned how to quote like this:D) when the game loads one of the screens says "join a tribe and rule the server" or something like that

well we are an alpha super duper mega tribe made up of many tribes and we rule our server

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, cattafett said:

(woo hoo just learned how to quote like this:D)

Yeah, you select and there will be a "quote" button that will appears. As a side note, when you @someone in an edit, it doesn't push notifications. :)

6 minutes ago, cattafett said:

when the game loads one of the screens says "join a tribe and rule the server" or something like that

well we are an alpha super duper mega tribe made up of many tribes and we rule our server

This is for PvP, not for PvE.

live and learn

56 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Yeah, you select and there will be a "quote" button that will appears. As a side note, when you @someone in an edit, it doesn't push notifications. :)

This is for PvP, not for PvE.

it doesn't say that (please ignore what i put above the quote:D) but still part of the game is controlling the environment and other players are part of the environment. 

in life people talk about rights, the rights to food and shelter but in truth we have freedoms the freedom to starve and freeze to death

in game you may have the right to take a drop that someone has already dib'ed  by getting to the drop point before you but you also have the freedom to earn the ire of a whole server of tribes who expect respect to be shown

i noticed that you've made no comment about the alpha & taming of dinosB|

Where do i find these pvp servers with a " freindly" community? As a solo player it's incredibly difficult to do anything without being leveled every few days.

On 12/26/2017 at 4:28 AM, cattafett said:

You just can't make up your own law on a public server.

thing is we have, drops are rarely stolen on our server and when they are we verbally (in chat or party) explain that it is disproved of, repeat offenders find out how much we disprove

beacons are designed so that the first one to loot it is the ones that own the loot

guns and bombs are designed to kill people doesn't mean you shoot or blow up everyone you meet

A public server to begin with is a lawless land. The only laws that could technically be in place are the game rules and regulations which are stated by WC. Other than that, there are no rules to abide by and it is a free country, dog eat dog. But like you said, you can't just make up your own law on a public server, so if I can't, why on earth would I abide by someone elses rules? Because in the ark world, no one is higher or lower, we are all equal and the power you receive is the power you take. 

You can disapprove of people stealing drops and say how much it angers you in chat but if you don't do anything about it, why would they stop? 'repeat offenders find out how much we disprove' Going by this I assume you are on a PVP server; therefore if you know someone is notorious for being faster at taking the drop than you and you don't like it. Kill them... If you're on PVE, speed up or shut up.

Beacons belong to the first person to loot it so nothing is stolen from you as it was never yours. Guns and bombs are designed to kill. Beacons are designed to be looted. Hell if I was out to loot beacons you best know I'm gonna loot every one I can because that's what they're designed for. If I was out to kill people you best know I'm gonna be loaded with my C4 and a Shotgun in hand and I'm gonna kill and blow up everything I see. Two very different scenarios, but both have the same principle, if you're out to do something then you're not gonna let some moany people stop you. Because I would just kill you, loot the beacon, then loot you and probably kill your tame just to be a rather large genital. That may just be because I'm a toxic official PVP player but you just gotta realise you don't own your server so its free game on whatever activity you're doing.

Look, I understand etiquette and manners but this is a survival game.  

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

Going by this I assume you are on a PVP server; therefore if you know someone is notorious for being faster at taking the drop than you and you don't like it. Kill them... If you're on PVE, speed up or shut up.

No he is on PvE and kite wild dinos to the ones that are faster than him to loot the drops.

15 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

If you're on PVE, speed up or shut up.

10 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

No he is on PvE and kite wild dinos to the ones that are faster than him to loot the drops.

I revert to my other option then xD I gave up reading his comments after a while before he stated he was PVE because the IQ was hurting my own.

2 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

lawless land.

in a lawless land the majority make the laws:D

If you're on PVE, speed up or shut up.

or kite up

but if you don't do anything about it

er......  but we do do something about it, you really should try to read the whole thread before posting, if you're having trouble with the big words google them

there are many online dictionaries

why on earth would I abide by someone elses rules?

you follow the rules in real life yes? they are someone else's rule cos i'm pretty sure you didn't make them and if you get caught breaking them you get punished yes?

its free game on whatever activity you're doing

so we're free to enforce our rules as we see fit

Because in the ark world, no one is higher or lower, we are all equal and the power you receive is the power you take. 

and we take the power to punish those who break our rules

Beacons belong to the first person to loot it

beacons like alphas or dinos to be tamed belong to no one, its your choice on how you choose to act with or without respect

so its free game on whatever activity you're doing

so why are you bitching about how we play on our server (by our i mean the server we play on not belonging to us) when you don't even play on it

Look, I understand etiquette and manners but this is a survival game

and if you want to survive on our server you'll find it a lot easier if you abide by the rules set out by the majority

because the IQ was hurting my own

yes weak things are often hurt when there is a lack of respect (as a rule i normally ignore insults but as the discussion is about respect and the lack of it i thought i'd show you the same disrespect that you'd shown me and yes you clearly have weak intelligence as shown by a) lack of sense in posting before gaining as much info as possible and b) resorting to insulting othes to cover your own weaknesses :D)

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

you talk like taking the stuff in a drop first is a feat of great skill when its more of a case of who has the better internet, our way is fairer

and you've still yet to answer about the alphas and taming of the dinos

the long and short of it is we play on a pve server because we don't want to have to fight others every day. by having a server where tribes are respectful of each other we get to spend more time doing what we came here to do, playing the game with the added bonus of increased cooperation

stats are shared, traps are left unlocked and a nicer time is had by all as long as they are respectful of those around them

2 hours ago, cattafett said:

in a lawless land the majority make the laws:D

or kite up

er......  but we do do something about it, you really should try to read the whole thread before posting, if you're having trouble with the big words google them

there are many online dictionaries

you follow the rules in real life yes? they are someone else's rule cos i'm pretty sure you didn't make them and if you get caught breaking them you get punished yes?

so we're free to enforce our rules as we see fit

and we take the power to punish those who break our rules

beacons like alphas or dinos to be tamed belong to no one, its your choice on how you choose to act with or without respect

so why are you bitching about how we play on our server (by our i mean the server we play on not belonging to us) when you don't even play on it

and if you want to survive on our server you'll find it a lot easier if you abide by the rules set out by the majority

yes weak things are often hurt when there is a lack of respect (as a rule i normally ignore insults but as the discussion is about respect and the lack of it i thought i'd show you the same disrespect that you'd shown me and yes you clearly have weak intelligence as shown by a) lack of sense in posting before gaining as much info as possible and b) resorting to insulting othes to cover your own weaknesses :D)

you talk like taking the stuff in a drop first is a feat of great skill when its more of a case of who has the better internet, our way is fairer

and you've still yet to answer about the alphas and taming of the dinos

the long and short of it is we play on a pve server because we don't want to have to fight others every day. by having a server where tribes are respectful of each other we get to spend more time doing what we came here to do, playing the game with the added bonus of increased cooperation

stats are shared, traps are left unlocked and a nicer time is had by all as long as they are respectful of those around them

A single quote would've been sufficient followed by your response but breaking it up and moving the quotes around to suit you I can comprehend. 

The majority may think they make the law but if they don't enforce it and make it the same for everyone and not only themselves then no one will follow which is clearly what is happening. 

On 12/26/2017 at 3:52 AM, invincibleqc said:

The fact you are complaining about kiting into another thread and then admit here doing so when others are not respecting your laws sounds very hypocritical to me. Which by the way, based on your logic on the other thread should get you banned for admitting to it.

So you kite up to peoples bases but complain when someone does it to you. That is very interesting. 

Insulting my vocabulary although I use a wide variety of words, stating I struggle with big words really doesn't support your argument at all. I think the huge part you're missing here, real life. That's a big defining factor here, game, real life. Real life is not a sandbox survival game, Ark is. Real life where I am from is run by a government, you are most definitely not.

You can try and enforce your rules which evidently isn't working; therefore leading to you moaning about it on this thread.

By luring a wild dino to their base, not actually fighting them because that's what real leaders do. 

You said it yourself, they belong to no one so no one is stealing or being robbed... Am I the only one this is making sense to... 

The reason I am complaining to you is because I hate seeing people like yourself make these accusations and try and blame other people when no one is at fault but yourself. That is why I am saying something.

You will never see me on your server, I am actually fighting, using my dinos, testing my base. You know, not being scared of actual conflict which I've heard is an option for you PVE guys but never seems to be actually used.

I would've carried on reading to the point of your PVE statement but I couldn't put myself through reading anymore after seeing several people tell you how you were wrong. Doesn't point 'b' completely contradict what you have just said by reverting to insults yourself. 

You say it doesn't take much skill to loot a drop; however you are complaining that someone is doing it faster than you. It is not skillful by any means no, the other person is just better than you at taking them. Regarding the Alphas and Taming, it is down to whoever lands the last hit so it is no different to the beacons in that sense. Either take it or leave it. 

You play PVE because you don't want to or can't? We only received 2 attacks in a month last month and haven't been attacked since so no you don't have to fight someone every day to be in PVP, come over, I'm sure we'd get along perfectly.

I have a question, you tame these super dinos, you breed your colours, you do bosses and you build your base. What then? How many of your dinos do you actually use and how many do you have just sitting there on a trough life support.

You cannot earn power you have to take it. You cannot take respect you have to earn it.

Archived