Your top 5 mods

Wikus

Hi guys , been playing for more than a year now. Decided it's time to check out some mods. But don't even know where to start.
So I decided to ask you all , list your top 5 or 10 favourite mods that one should check out and a short description of each one why it's recommended.
Just so I have something to start working with.
I play the Steam version.

Thanx for your time.

EDIT: A problem I'm already having is that the search in the workshop don't work. Nothing I search yields any results. For example I want to find the classic flyer mod. Searching for either word yields no results. Clicking on the right hand side of the different section , for example clicking on "rebalancing" also yields no results. But yet it shows 80+ items in brackets next to it. So how do one search the workshop ?

• 2 weeks later...

5#the eco mods. ever build a base to big and need something to fill it? Eco's your guy. i'm particularly fond of eco's stable structures for it's low-poly buildings

4#Pugnacia Dinos: a huge core mod that just messes and adds a lot of creatures

3#Platforms Anywhere: an apparently glitchy mod that allows you to build huge pillars to place tree platforms on top of, as I've said, it's apparently glitchy so you may want to avoid that one

2# Zero to Hero: an unofficial TLC pass that makes almost Every dino Viable, and even adds a few dinos of it's own

1#Structures Plus, probably the most well-known mods out there, it makes building way better, adds more options, and adds some nice, albeit slightly cheaty utilities

• 2 weeks later...

1.) Structures Plus and Platforms Plus (i count them as one mod as they are from the same author and follow the same philosophy, just for different structures)

2.) Breedable Creatures. Actualy a collection of mods that simply make unbreedable creatures breedable. I like it for the simplicity, it doesnt change anything else about the creatures and that i can select every creature i want to have breedable instead of having one mod that just makes all of them breedable. Very underrated mod. It follows the philosophy that sometimes less is more.

3.) Tavans Trough. Refridgerated trough, one of the oldest trough mods out there, still working. Again i like it for it's simplicity and it's not including anything else i don't want to have. A refridgerated trough, plain and simple.

4.) Ticket Mod. Allowes transfers of untransferable items like artefacts, trophies and element between servers in a cluster. Extremly cool with Aberration, as you can farm element on Aberration and use it on the other servers of the cluster.

5.) to be determined (i would like to put a egg collector in this spot, but currently there is none i consider perfect, prior to Aberration it would be Joans Egg N Poop collector, but it does not work with aberrant dung beatles)

I like QoL mods and mods that implement things close to vanilla, the devs just didnt put in, like insect breeding.

I play modded on PC and vanilla on PS4.  I haven't been playing modded long but so far this is what I've found that I'm really enjoying.  

1. Extinction Core.  It adds quite a bit to the game.  Any creature can now have an alpha variant.  There are also tribes of NPC's that'll try wrecking your face.  Raid bosses roam the map and are tamable.  Some new toys, apex, deities, skeletal, and other extremely tough prey to hunt.  I spawned into viking bay on day one and got mowed down by white tribesmen before I finished looking at my implant.  On my 4th spawn in I finally got to move and ran for my life.  I spent the first week zipping around on a pteranadon in a panic of oh crap oh crap oh crap (max difficulty) before I got the lay of the land.  It's worth a look.

2. Super Spy Glass.  Shows everything you'll ever want to know about a creature.  level, hp, plus all of its stats including torpidity.  

3. Structures plus.  Tons of better building options.  Transfer tools.  Being able to pick up a structure piece by piece and keep the pieces without demolishing.  

4. Ultra stacks.  All the goodies that take up so much room in storage now stack into huge stacks.  Meat at 400 per, prime meat is now stackable, stone, metal, wood, etc into huge single stacks.  Weight is also reduced on these stacks leaving more time for game play and less time needed invested into farming runs.  

5. Death recovery.  You place a personal tombstone at base, when you die and respawn you can click on the tombstone to get your stuff back.  

Very honorable mention is classic flyers.  Boosting speed on a flyer, why yes I do believe so.  I'm a PVE guy so I like to enjoy my game and not fall asleep flying (slowly majestically floating in a slightly forward motion) on a quetz.  

Other's I find helpful include Mr Fisters fog remover, builders helmet, super storage, bore water kit, upgrade station, and a meat spoiling bin have all been helpful.  

I also want to check out gaia, project echelon, pugnacia, the capitalism mods, and some of the aberration mods going forward.  

• 2 months later...

i run (in load order) , on my rented server.

Pugnacia, Structures +, ISO Crystal Isalnds, Ultra Stacks, Eco Gardens, Eco Rp Decor, Eco Trees, G.F.A.R Grappling hook,

Dino PIck up Mod, Bitou2k's Kibble Table, Wyvern Nests +, The All-American Cosby Concoction, Military Weapons + Tranq Darts, Castles, Keeps, and Forts Medieval Architecture, Dino tracker, Medieval Tavern.

If  i were to pick a top 5 out of them, it would be.

Pugnacia

Structures+

Dino Pick up mod

Eco gardens (i think its this one, it has the most items to craft in it)

Joint 5th Ultra stacks and gfar, both equaly as good.

Archived