Really struggling to find a route to drake eggs

Ronson12

Noone's mentioned it, but there IS a path (starting in the far west of the map at a river) to get all the way to the drake nests without jumping once.     For our very first egg we brought 3 Spinos down this path (we tried just "dropping" them first near the giga skele from above but hooo lordy ark didn't like this idea at all...many things didn't end up in the correct place, to put it nicely).   It takes a long while and we had a major fight, but 3 (mate boosted) max level spinos can take on a shocking amount of drakes.    Then a slow but uneventful march back up (most mobs clean ignore spinos) and voila.

These days, unless they release new servers or something, it's much easier to just buy an egg from someone with a rock drake though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in my own experience, the quickest way to obtain a drake egg is to go solo with a wingsuit and picks. Its is mostly safe, as long as you have decent run speed to gain some ground in case one of them knocks you off your glider, very quick, and requires minimal investment. I mostly play extinction servers, so with this method, I can have drakes hatching on day 2 of the server. You obviously cant be too picky about what your first egg is, but as long as you get an egg, every other one will be much easier.

• 11 months later...
On 12/28/2017 at 8:35 PM, Thorium said:

H.O.D. Gamings video is definitely a very easy way to get your first egg. You need to invest one dino and let it sit down there, but it's worth it. Megalosaurus or Spino work fine. I used a Spino. The only hard part is getting back up with climbing picks.

Getting a high level egg is very easy. They respawn very quickly, just stay at the spot he shows in the video and eat the low eggs. They respawn within minutes.

Do you realize that HOD Gaming was just banned from ARK because he was meshed.  Note: he didn't mesh, he WAS meshed.  He was explaining in his video how he was meshed (and it was very clear that he was) and the devs banned him.  Does that make any sense at all :|

16 hours ago, SlipperySalmon said:

Do you realize that HOD Gaming was just banned from ARK because he was meshed.  Note: he didn't mesh, he WAS meshed.  He was explaining in his video how he was meshed (and it was very clear that he was) and the devs banned him.  Does that make any sense at all :|

1. Do you seriously have to bring that topic to other threads?

2. This topic is literally almost a year old since the last reply.

8 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Tamed an anky in radiation haha took no rad since tamed xD

How did you even kite the anky to the radiation zone? It just gets mauled by aggressive carnivores even if you killed them around.

Plus, I had seen people taming non-immuneradiation creature at red zone and it still takes in radiation damage. Are you sure this is done in official server and not some random unofficial server or single player? (with potential mods)

If you still insist that the creature takes no radiation when tamed at red zone, do us a favor: Kite a wild otter, a low level one is fine, into the red zone, and then tame it LEGITIMATELY in Official server, don't care if you are taming it with friends, and then record and show it here. Show that its official server, your whole process of kiting an otter in the said server, and it being tamed, by you and see if it takes radiation damage by the cloud, for a good 5 min post-tame. No cutting of video, else we know something fishy is going on with it.

Archived