Really struggling to find a route to drake eggs

Ronson12

2 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Megas can mash and survive more drakes than even a tank crab im sure. Just slower to escape. But the reality is it is only slow the first egg. When u got a drake it is a lot faster. I see crabs as viable but a lot tougher to tame than ko a few megas and feed em sheep that there are plety of. 

It might be. It's been easier for us to use crabs. We've found and tamed so many crabs that they're just expendable at this point. And with purlovia, they can't knock you off a crab.

Plus knowing the way out already, jumping directly to the bottom with a crab off the start and not needing to think about fall damage is really nice. 

Just a personal preference I guess. ^.^

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/27/2017 at 11:10 AM, Flakz said:

i went down there yesterday. didnt encounter a single reaper at all. might just have been luck tho

The path going to the rock drake area branches out from the queen area. In that path there are no reapers spawns, except at the very beginning before the fork in the road.

To op: Do you see a metal spine structure in the ceilings with diamond shaped portals on it in the radiation area? Follow it, it leads straight to the drake area :)

alternatively, from the Edge, you can see some metal spine/tube thing that is vertical and broken, diving into the pink stuff. The scar is right by that. Crabs are awesome for this

7 minutes ago, RasFW said:

It might be. It's been easier for us to use crabs. We've found and tamed so many crabs that they're just expendable at this point. And with purlovia, they can't knock you off a crab.

Plus knowing the way out already, jumping directly to the bottom with a crab off the start and not needing to think about fall damage is really nice. 

Just a personal preference I guess. ^.^

Yeah. If u use the jump point u avoid the purlovias and such anyhow. Basically a couple seekers then drakes is all

H.O.D. Gamings video is definitely a very easy way to get your first egg. You need to invest one dino and let it sit down there, but it's worth it. Megalosaurus or Spino work fine. I used a Spino. The only hard part is getting back up with climbing picks.

Getting a high level egg is very easy. They respawn very quickly, just stay at the spot he shows in the video and eat the low eggs. They respawn within minutes.

On 12/28/2017 at 10:35 PM, Thorium said:

H.O.D. Gamings video is definitely a very easy way to get your first egg. You need to invest one dino and let it sit down there, but it's worth it. Megalosaurus or Spino work fine. I used a Spino. The only hard part is getting back up with climbing picks.

Getting a high level egg is very easy. They respawn very quickly, just stay at the spot he shows in the video and eat the low eggs. They respawn within minutes.

U say that but drakes sticking in walls. We have one nest that had exact samme 55 egg over and over again for over a week. And the othe two nests there are broken and get no egg.

11 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

U say that but drakes sticking in walls. We have one nest that had exact samme 55 egg over and over again for over a week. And the othe two nests there are broken and get no egg.

I wonder if a wild dino wipe removes the eggs as well. Officials do a wild dino wipe once per week if they restart. So go check after the next patch, they will probably all be wiped then and respawn.

Thanks for all the  tips. We've gotten to the 1st nest, the  one on the left as you come down  the ramp our problem now is the nests are empty and we can't get  eggs to spawn. We burned through 2 hazmat suits each and walked out of render many times yet not a single egg. The nests are there, just empty and we hadn't seen anyone down  there the whole time we were there

14 hours ago, Ronson12 said:

Thanks for all the  tips. We've gotten to the 1st nest, the  one on the left as you come down  the ramp our problem now is the nests are empty and we can't get  eggs to spawn. We burned through 2 hazmat suits each and walked out of render many times yet not a single egg. The nests are there, just empty and we hadn't seen anyone down  there the whole time we were there

Nests are bugged. eggs falling through sometimes and looks empty but eggs below it. Good luck.

my first attempt was with a crab because it seemed like the logical choice.  I had no backup from other players.  I grabbed and tried to escape but i got grounded mid jump by a drake which allowed the others to catch up. was pinned and very slowly juggled/killed by so many rock drakes i couldn't even see to try and escape on foot. somehow my bulbdog survived....... my successful try was with a spino and i used a grappling hook to grapple directly to her and reel myself in.

On 12/27/2017 at 10:08 AM, Olivar said:

Is how we descended. Creative usage of ziplines to cross the chasm.

Heard of people using wingsuits to jump down, heard people using pickaxe equipment. Even seen videos of people going down with karikinos and roll rats....

You need some luck though to have eggs spawn and have them high level. But it should at least give you something based on which hatchery you end up in.

Just be careful to fight for your life when you pick up an egg.

Is there a trick to switching ziplines? I cant seem to get him to jump to the other no matter the angle i put it.

9 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Nests are bugged. eggs falling through sometimes and looks empty but eggs below it. Good luck.

Thanks. I can confirm this, after alot of hours of lost  work/suits/tames i can confirm our servers nests are bugged. I managed to find one under a nest, pick it up, then within minutes all the  nests showed eggs in. 

7 hours ago, Shortbuss303 said:

Is there a trick to switching ziplines? I cant seem to get him to jump to the other no matter the angle i put it.

There is no trick, you just need to look at the zipline for the Crosshair to show up.

There was an issue with this that I reported over twitter but @Jen said they were able to reproduce it locally after rigorous testing. Not sure it's fully fixed yet cause I think the event branch made it worse again

5 hours ago, Olivar said:

There is no trick, you just need to look at the zipline for the Crosshair to show up.

There was an issue with this that I reported over twitter but @Jen said they were able to reproduce it locally after rigorous testing. Not sure it's fully fixed yet cause I think the event branch made it worse again

I was actually trying on xbox, i wonder if that has something to do with it. I get the crosshair for the second line but when i jump he just goes strait up and then falls to the ground. Really annoying because i want to do what you did for the eggs.

On 27/12/2017 at 4:05 PM, Flakz said:

Shows the entire ground path down to the drake nest. bring a megalo or 2 and you're good to go :)

Forgot to thank you for the video, was invaluable for me getting down the trench. Would never have made it down there without it :) Not run into any reaper queens yet either.

16 minutes ago, Shortbuss303 said:

I was actually trying on xbox, i wonder if that has something to do with it. I get the crosshair for the second line but when i jump he just goes strait up and then falls to the ground. Really annoying because i want to do what you did for the eggs.

Same here on xbox, can get the crosshairs to appear but wont hop onto the other line :(

On 12/27/2017 at 9:12 AM, Ronson12 said:

Hi all

I play officials and want to start retrieving some drake eggs, the problem is i cannot actually find my way to  them, i know the GPS but that doesn't really help down here.

I've been practicing routes on single player and I'm just getting no where, can anyone give me some tips and ideas. Thanks

Videos are fine and all. Best way to NEVER get lost is simple.

Find the entry point on the border of blue and purple with the HUGE triangle shaped opening, walk through it and look up. See that metal spine, follow it all the way down. Once the spine stops, it's a one-way path the rest of the way. Having problems finding the entryway? Just look for the spine, it is pretty visible from most of the blue/purple areas.

29 minutes ago, Shortbuss303 said:

No, there is actually something you need to be extremely careful of:

If you aim the crosshairs, and jump make sure you are not touching any of the control once you press the jump button.
If the crosshairs dissapear before or during the jump because you change the camera or position, you will drop down like a brick because the zipline mechanic gets confused.
This is most likely what happened in your case, and we lost quite a few ravagers and gear to this ourselves already.

37 minutes ago, Olivar said:

No, there is actually something you need to be extremely careful of:

If you aim the crosshairs, and jump make sure you are not touching any of the control once you press the jump button.
If the crosshairs dissapear before or during the jump because you change the camera or position, you will drop down like a brick because the zipline mechanic gets confused.
This is most likely what happened in your case, and we lost quite a few ravagers and gear to this ourselves already.

I appreciate the advice,  will try later. Thank you sir.

8 hours ago, Olivar said:

Nope definitely not fixed. Ive just wasted 15 minutes and loads of ziplines trying to make a route out, every time i get  cross hairs showing to jump to another  line my dog just jumps straight up over the cable its aiming at. Ps4

1 hour ago, Ronson12 said:

Nope definitely not fixed. Ive just wasted 15 minutes and loads of ziplines trying to make a route out, every time i get  cross hairs showing to jump to another  line my dog just jumps straight up over the cable its aiming at. Ps4

Every video i see of people doing it is on pc, so maybe its a console bug only. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/28/2017 at 10:14 AM, RasFW said:

Why is nobody taking crabs down? You can jump from nest to nest. We have 1 crab pumped to 40k health for tanking, and another pumped to 20k hp and 650 damage. They're mate boosted and can take on all the drakes that come after us with primitive saddles.

They also don't take radiation damage and you can cut the trip in half by jumping in because they take almost no fall damage.

Girlfriend and I left with about a dozen drake eggs each and blew one set of hazmat each. 

Crabs are HORRENDOUSLY prone to being meshed when swarmed by drakes.  Physically, yes, a good crab is capable of conquering a swarm of drakes, but the best stats in the world won't save you when you're plummeting toward the kill zone below the trench after 7 drakes pushed you through the map.

@Ronson12 To get to the drake trenches on foot, enter Element Falls (The rad zone next to the Crystalline Lake) and follow the metal spines down.  Each important turn will have a metal spine guiding the way down.  Take note of the first nest you come to.  When you're on foot, this is your way up.  Bring extra picks, gliders, and suits.  I recommend bringing a canteen.  If you're on dinos that can't make it into the nests themselves, bring a low level egg with you.  From on top of your dino, you can transfer the egg from one inventory to another which will agro all nearby drakes.  This lets you clear the nest out safely from on top of your dino before picking an egg from a nest.  The reason I recommend this:  If there is an unlucky spawn while you're trying to climb up, it'll kill you quickly before you even make it back to your dino.  I have found it's easier to get eggs if you have a reaper.  Any level reaper works.  If you have good spinos or crabs, you can easily get a reaper before going down to the drakes.  (I recommend tribe mates to provide mate boost and if on spinos, breed for bro-fist buff.)  Note:  If you are on a dino that allows weapons, you can be pulled off the dino for impregnation.  Otherwise, when she's ready, you have to hop off and use a shield.  Reapers DO tend to get stuck in crevices in the walls of the drake trench, though... I have a reaper that has gotten stuck twice and is currently stuck now.

3 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Crabs are HORRENDOUSLY prone to being meshed when swarmed by drakes.  Physically, yes, a good crab is capable of conquering a swarm of drakes, but the best stats in the world won't save you when you're plummeting toward the kill zone below the trench after 7 drakes pushed you through the map.

@Ronson12 To get to the drake trenches on foot, enter Element Falls (The rad zone next to the Crystalline Lake) and follow the metal spines down.  Each important turn will have a metal spine guiding the way down.  Take note of the first nest you come to.  When you're on foot, this is your way up.  Bring extra picks, gliders, and suits.  I recommend bringing a canteen.  If you're on dinos that can't make it into the nests themselves, bring a low level egg with you.  From on top of your dino, you can transfer the egg from one inventory to another which will agro all nearby drakes.  This lets you clear the nest out safely from on top of your dino before picking an egg from a nest.  The reason I recommend this:  If there is an unlucky spawn while you're trying to climb up, it'll kill you quickly before you even make it back to your dino.  I have found it's easier to get eggs if you have a reaper.  Any level reaper works.  If you have good spinos or crabs, you can easily get a reaper before going down to the drakes.  (I recommend tribe mates to provide mate boost and if on spinos, breed for bro-fist buff.)  Note:  If you are on a dino that allows weapons, you can be pulled off the dino for impregnation.  Otherwise, when she's ready, you have to hop off and use a shield.  Reapers DO tend to get stuck in crevices in the walls of the drake trench, though... I have a reaper that has gotten stuck twice and is currently stuck now.

Try 20 Drakes constantly keeping the crab afloat whilst munching on it while your shotgun does nothing to the drakes. having that many is more than enough to give you a good thumbs up that your crab is screwed.

Yeah,  that's also a problem w/ crabs, but I've seen the other more often, personally.  Crabs drop like a stone as soon as something looks like it's going to be on their head.  I've watched probably 15 crabs go through the mesh down in the trenches and the person on it loses everything.

*edit*  One huge benefit to taking a reaper down instead of anything else is that you're only limited by carry weight, hazard suits, and water.  The natural regen and damage reduction of a reaper lets you stay down there indefinitely as far as dino health goes.  I don't even pre-clear a trench before pulling eggs.  I'll find one, pull it, and hop down to kill everything.  Worst I've had was about 25 drakes on me that got me down to about half health.  This was an extreme case, though, and not the norm.  Typically I'll have around 10 drakes tops at one time.  I'll note I'm also on a reaper that has 800% melee, but yeah...

Also:  PSA:  Pick up and eat low level eggs unless you want to keep them.  DO NOT LEAVE THEM IN THE NESTS

Archived