Reaper King

iAmE

54 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Dont forget imprint for those reapers. Also are those 50 noraml rexes or 50 level 145-150  that have high hp or melee, because rexes are 3 easy but good high level rexes not so much. Reapers have same melee as a megalo, same base and same growth. Anyway, we already went over the fact the reaper are alot weaker if not imprinted and i dont want things to get heated again. I farmed, swamp, snow, deep sea, cave, normal beacon, underwater cave, lierally everything, lierally, and got nothing even after i raised the supply quality to 5, i still get nothing, i just get carno, quetz, giga, diplo, etc ascendent saddles but only 1 ramshakle rex. 

I individially tamed 50 140-150 rexes in that time. I had two 145s and a 150 at the same time ko in trap. Center lava island has tons of them.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Attach speed is probably equive. Unless the base dmg is higher it aint out dpsing a rex of higher %dmg. This guy trolling through.

Not argree or disagreeing with mr reapers rule, rexes drool guy but reaper base damage and the amount percent and taming melee bonus is the exact same as a megalo which is 75 base to a rexes 62 base, reaper, rex, and megalo gain the same taming bonuses and percentage of melee per level. Bred super mealos do more then breed super rex and almost the same health, just that normal megalos are useless during day, aberrent megalos on the other hand are better stat wise and speed wise, and turning wise then a rex and they are smaller and can grab things BUT it is easier to be shot of because its smaller thus you stick straight out like a swore thumb, also karkinos can grab you off megalos.

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

I individially tamed 50 140-150 rexes in that time. I had two 145s and a 150 at the same time ko in trap. Center lava island has tons of them.

How did you even find 50 145-150 rexes on the map? Max levels dinos are  rare so if you are finding that much at once then they are over spawning like crazy causing it to be alot less rare to see a max or they are bugged and spawn at max or near max level 90% of the time, or that you are insanely luck, or that you are exagrating like crazy. Its a 1/30 chance for a dino to be max level, dont think there are 1500 rexes on the lava island for you to find 50 max rexes, forgive my disbelief.

50 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

How did you even find 50 145-150 rexes on the map? Max levels dinos are  rare so if you are finding that much at once then they are over spawning like crazy causing it to be alot less rare to see a max or they are bugged and spawn at max or near max level 90% of the time, or that you are insanely luck, or that you are exagrating like crazy. Its a 1/30 chance for a dino to be max level, dont think there are 1500 rexes on the lava island for you to find 50 max rexes, forgive my disbelief.

You have to understand all the maps of the game man. Center map does not have the skewed spawn rates. It spawns a significantly higher number of high level dinos, this is where a lot of the high level spawns are tamed. It is also very good about forcing respawns. I told you i have a LOT of time in game. i know how the mechanics work and how to force things. On lava island if you kill the lows and circle the island more will replace very quick i set up several traps and a simple base to park my wyvern or griffin in. And i went to work. Im sure if you ask a few other veterans of the game who know about center they would tell you the same.

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

You have to understand all the maps of the game man. Center map does not have the skewed spawn rates. It spawns a significantly higher number of high level dinos, this is where a lot of the high level spawns are tamed. It is also very good about forcing respawns. I told you i have a LOT of time in game. i know how the mechanics work and how to force things. On lava island if you kill the lows and circle the island more will replace very quick i set up several traps and a simple base to park my wyvern or griffin in. And i went to work. Im sure if you ask a few other veterans of the game who know about center they would tell you the same.

I been playing since the first winter wonderland, started playing the game the day i got a computer for christmas aka since december 25 2015 at around 9:pm , ( and watching tons of videos before that on my trashy laptop) been playing 5-7 hours a day on school days and 16 hours a day on weekends almost every day since then, i just nevered played on the center because it has the same items, dinos, bosses as the island, after you get used to the unique visials the game play becomes boring because it the same as the island which i already played to death and beyond. I had the thought that dinos may spawn high level dino more then usual in the back of my head because it was like that on ragnarok (i played ragarok because it was unique with itt being both island and scorched with 3 new creatures, actual dungeon/mini bosses, and new ways to gsther stuff likebeached basilo, bones, giant beaver dams, wild advanced crops, etc) but i didnt have much play time on the center to know. Might play there for better rexes i guess, would give me an excuse to build a evil lair on the evil face volcano with a elevator to lower victums into lava and water infested by sharks with lasers and a dungeon to hold victims. is the center still updating? Is it complete? 

8 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

I been playing since the first winter wonderland, started playing the game the day i got a computer for christmas aka since december 25 2015 at around 9:pm , ( and watching tons of videos before that on my trashy laptop) been playing 5-7 hours a day on school days and 16 hours a day on weekends almost every day since then, i just nevered played on the center because it has the same items, dinos, bosses as the island, after you get used to the unique visials the game play becomes boring because it the same as the island which i already played to death and beyond. I had the thought that dinos may spawn high level dino more then usual in the back of my head because it was like that on ragnarok (i played ragarok because it was unique with itt being both island and scorched with 3 new creatures, actual dungeon/mini bosses, and new ways to gsther stuff likebeached basilo, bones, giant beaver dams, wild advanced crops, etc) but i didnt have much play time on the center to know. Might play there for better rexes i guess, would give me an excuse to build a evil lair on the evil face volcano with a elevator to lower victums into lava and water infested by sharks with lasers and a dungeon to hold victims. is the center still updating? Is it complete? 

i think it is complete. i use it for taming. I tame rexes, squids, basis, wolves and gigas ect. one of my tribemates thought i was bsing but i kept bringing rexes. he came over and his words were basically..... there actually are not enough arrows. You get to the point u dont even bother under 130's just munch em to force more spawns. Like i said i literally ko'd at the same time and tamed two 145s and a 150 in one behemoth gate trap with a griffin. i just posted above and cylced my arrows on all three rexes til they all three fell over.

22 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

i think it is complete. i use it for taming. I tame rexes, squids, basis, wolves and gigas ect. one of my tribemates thought i was bsing but i kept bringing rexes. he came over and his words were basically..... there actually are not enough arrows. You get to the point u dont even bother under 130's just munch em to force more spawns. Like i said i literally ko'd at the same time and tamed two 145s and a 150 in one behemoth gate trap with a griffin. i just posted above and cylced my arrows on all three rexes til they all three fell over.

Ill check it out on the weekend (i like to have time to get settled and set up) did here that gigas and squids spawn alot, been playing for years and never seen a giga higher then 135 (and that one despawned somehow before i got back with my taming supplies) in fact for some reason, i havent been able to find a giga on rag or the island for months now. Would also like some squids to imprint and mutate so if something attacks, even if its wild gigas, i could release the kraken once they near water and gg.

This is still going, huh? Well I could lay out the numbers, do the math, name specific scenarios where Reaper's skills could be put to good use, but I won't. Instead I'll just leave it at this: If the Reaper does get over-buffed now you can likewise expect him to get hit with the nerf hammer later when everyone has one and when people have actually started to git gud. And we've already seen that no amount of crying will prevent those nerfs from happening. 

Still I wouldn't put it past WC to over-buff it for now just to boost Abberation sales.

5 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

This is still going, huh? Well I could lay out the numbers, do the math, name specific scenarios where Reaper's skills could be put to good use, but I won't. Instead I'll just leave it at this: If the Reaper does get over-buffed now you can likewise expect him to get hit with the nerf hammer later when everyone has one and when people have actually started to git gud. And we've already seen that no amount of crying will prevent those nerfs from happening. 

Still I wouldn't put it past WC to over-buff it for now just to boost Abberation sales.

yeah i am basing solely off dmg. the slow is useful, the knockback is useful. but for a boss dino i dont think it is useful over others. except maybe to tank tentacles

7 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

well mainly it talking about how to get a good rex. also even buffing tamed reapers to not be effected by charge, a rex can still be alot better if you breed enough and get a very good one so it wouldnt be op, reapers are the kind of thing that are good straight off but cant become stronger while a rex is weak straight off but with ton of time and effort can become vastly stronger then anything else. reapers= good straight off but wont get any better, rexes= bad straight off but become nigh unstopppable with some time and effort.  why would they nerf a reaper for being too strong when a rex/abberent mega/giga/yuty can become quite a bit stronger then it with a bit of effort and alot of time?

On 1/2/2018 at 2:40 PM, bigfishrob said:

One dogpile from a pulled egg and it would be toast

That is why you are supposed to kill off the drakes you can see before pulling eggs...

If you get dogpiled, it's your own fault.

I have never got jump by more than 2 drakes at a time, ever. Might have to pull a few before, but it is always manageable because I control the outcome.

36 minutes ago, Palenor said:

That is why you are supposed to kill off the drakes you can see before pulling eggs...

I have never got jump by more than 2 drakes at a time, ever. Might have to pull a few before, but it is always manageable because I control the outcome.

Bull squat man. been dogpiled out of all kinds of place where you wouldnt even know there was a drake there. i got 10 drakes myself i am in a tribe of 11 so i reckon we have probably well over 50-70 by this point(minimum of 165 level, most 175 and up) and cant hardly keep up with them all.  We have spent a tremendous amount of time in the pit and you can talk that trash that you can get them all picked off before you pull but you are talking BS. you can have one end of the pit refresh and respawn while you are at the other and that stuff will come to you as well. Now we haven't ran the pit much in the last week or so as we already have too dang many drakes but i know for certain prior to that you wouldnt see all the drakes that would find you when you pulled an egg. And if you think i am exaggerating roll up to 216 abberation and see for yourself. toxic dodos on the edge of blue biome at one of the waterfalls.

6 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Bull squat man. been dogpiled out of all kinds of place where you wouldnt even know there was a drake there. i got 10 drakes myself i am in a tribe of 11 so i reckon we have probably well over 50-70 by this point(minimum of 165 level, most 175 and up) and cant hardly keep up with them all.  We have spent a tremendous amount of time in the pit and you can talk that trash that you can get them all picked off before you pull but you are talking BS. you can have one end of the pit refresh and respawn while you are at the other and that stuff will come to you as well. Now we haven't ran the pit much in the last week or so as we already have too dang many drakes but i know for certain prior to that you wouldnt see all the drakes that would find you when you pulled an egg.

ya normally a dogpile for me is 20 drakes or so but a megalo, reaper, or drake kills them easily because all 3 have 20k health or more and hit for 700 damage minimum and so the can tank for a bit and the aoe+ damage kills most of them in a few seconds and then you pick of the remaning stragglers. karkinos are bad if they get dogpiled thou because the get glitched and hover in the air in the middle of the reapers and cant hit back. besides that, anything that has good aoe, resistance,hits for 500 damage, and 15k+ hp should be able to deal with a dogpile without much trouble

2 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

Ill check it out on the weekend (i like to have time to get settled and set up) did here that gigas and squids spawn alot, been playing for years and never seen a giga higher then 135 (and that one despawned somehow before i got back with my taming supplies) in fact for some reason, i havent been able to find a giga on rag or the island for months now. Would also like some squids to imprint and mutate so if something attacks, even if its wild gigas, i could release the kraken once they near water and gg.

squids best at the tuso pit on rag. we have some with 34k hp and 390 melee(all official). we built a base up from the floor of the ocean to the surface and have a base right there at it with a transmitter in the water to ship stuff in and out.

2 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

squids best at the tuso pit on rag. we have some with 34k hp and 390 melee(all official). we built a base up from the floor of the ocean to the surface and have a base right there at it with a transmitter in the water to ship stuff in and out.

since i am not trying to start new there, i could maybe transfer some tek underwater compartments from aberration (craftable element makes it alot easier to get tek), squids can get the most health in the game once imprinted mutated, and fully leveled also hit very hard, its has 3 more damage then a rex but also hit 3 TIMES each attack, a breed imprinted one would hit as hard as a imprinted mutated rex 3 times each attack along with having 3x the health of a breed mutated rex along with fast healing and immunity to shock and a grab'n'tranq attack. they are the best combat underwater mount (although even though they have better health and dps and attack then a mosa, mosas have a platform saddle for raiding and a tek saddle which helps because you cant use alot of weapons underwater) and could also be used to kill anything by luring them close or into the water, even a wild giga.  

5 hours ago, Palenor said:

I can only assume that your experience has been wildly different than mine, Robs, and the people I play with on 3 different unofficial clusters...and I'm the kind of player that knows how handle things. Sometimes you clear an area and grab 5 eggs and only see a couple drakes. Other times you can clear the room, grab one egg and dozen come crawling out of nowhere from areas you just cleared. I've got an idea of why this happens I'll note below.

10 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

The biggest trick is learning how to manipulate spawns. One of the clusters I've been playing on for a year and a half finally added Aberration to the cluster. Given, the taming speed has been increased, but I had 10+ 135-150 spinos day one. Day two we added a bunch more until we finally found a male with good melee. Bred it with 8 or so females, killed those without the melee stat, and things grew out exponentially. The moment we found one with good health, we bred it to get a male with that stat, and then bred that stat into the melee spinos. If you have a couple others helping, you can easily get more dinos than you can shake your fist at.

Anyway, the best trick is to get 3+ people in VoIP, and have each one go to big spawn areas to scout. If you're looking for spinos go to the rivers at 3 different (far away from each other) spawn areas and if no one sees a good spino, all 3 should clear the area of all spinos and fish. Players 2 and 3 will then stay at their spawn areas while player 1 leaves their spawn area for 3-5 minutes. Player 1 can then come back and spinos/fish will have respawned. If they suck, kill them all. Then have player 2 leave their area for 3-5. Basically you create a cycle which forces respawns in the areas of your choosing. 

The same thing goes for Rexes and any other animals. If you've got some extra time and the spawn areas of the dino you want aren't too spread out, you can do it all alone. Kill all the animals that share spawns with the dino you want in the spawn areas, leave, come back a few minutes later and you'll have an entirely new smorgasbord to choose from. 

From what I've gathered so far snatching drake eggs on a nearly daily basis since Aberration released, this seems to also apply to drakes just the same...however drakes also have a large vertical spawn radius in addition to their ground spread. If you clear an area of wild drakes and grab an egg or two then leave, you're fine. But if you hang out for a bit grabbing multiple eggs, the drakes respawn...but they seem to spawn at higher and often unseen levels. We've been getting much higher level drake eggs with by hanging around for a long time, but it can also lead to having mobs of drakes attack you at once, respawning and dropping down from the unseen ledges, nooks and, crannies above. 

This is a large part of why some tribes seem able to grab great eggs or gather solid dinos so quickly. It's not necessarily about aimless meandering looking for the best, it's about managing the situation and controlling the outcome when it's possible to do so.

14 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Bull squat man. been dogpiled out of all kinds of place where you wouldnt even know there was a drake there. i got 10 drakes myself i am in a tribe of 11 so i reckon we have probably well over 50-70 by this point(minimum of 165 level, most 175 and up) and cant hardly keep up with them all.  We have spent a tremendous amount of time in the pit and you can talk that trash that you can get them all picked off before you pull but you are talking BS. you can have one end of the pit refresh and respawn while you are at the other and that stuff will come to you as well. Now we haven't ran the pit much in the last week or so as we already have too dang many drakes but i know for certain prior to that you wouldnt see all the drakes that would find you when you pulled an egg. And if you think i am exaggerating roll up to 216 abberation and see for yourself. toxic dodos on the edge of blue biome at one of the waterfalls.

Sorry for your bad luck then, like I stated earlier, never been jumped like you describe. Been pulling eggs since the second week. We too have so many Drakes it's not funny. We sell 2-4 a day on our server. And have something along the lines of 40 sitting in our yard and 2 Fridges full of eggs that need to be hatched.

Just saying walk around a little before you pull them and kill what you see, helps a lot. I usually kill around 10 before pulling the first egg. Rinse and repeat as I move down the trench till I reach the end. Call it BS if you want and keep dealing with it and complaining about it, it will not fix it, try something different than what you are doing to get different results. 

You know what they say about doing something over and over again and expecting a different result?

6 hours ago, Palenor said:

Sorry for your bad luck then, like I stated earlier, never been jumped like you describe. Been pulling eggs since the second week. We too have so many Drakes it's not funny. We sell 2-4 a day on our server. And have something along the lines of 40 sitting in our yard and 2 Fridges full of eggs that need to be hatched.

Just saying walk around a little before you pull them and kill what you see, helps a lot. I usually kill around 10 before pulling the first egg. Rinse and repeat as I move down the trench till I reach the end. Call it BS if you want and keep dealing with it and complaining about it, it will not fix it, try something different than what you are doing to get different results. 

You know what they say about doing something over and over again and expecting a different result?

Maybe u have a glitched lucky drake pit. And im not complaining my drakes strong enough i can handle it. We have pulled eggs at the front killed everything up there then go to the back and pull an egv and all sort of fresh spawned drakes come frome the front. U may have a glitched trench where ur drakes are underground holding spawns. 

4 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

Imprint it to max , it will get to 360 and then with 36 levels get to 600, hits for alot, also if you pump rest into health it will have around 50k

A lil tough to get 100% imprint. I cant make every 8 hours either. Work and sleep so. Just saying. That's about good as it gets here and too inconsistent to rely on for boss fights for us. Might pump str8 hp and use em for rockwell meat shields

So reaper grew up, after imprint it ended up with 419% melee. Gets about 7% per level. Hp is 600 per point. 

Reapers scale ok. I think they are pretty balanced right now, also considering the fact that for players of aberration they should never have to see a rex so the scenario wont happen to begin with. In anycase, on the Island, the Reaper can keep the rex at bay by spamming acid and tailswipes at it, making the rex a sitting duck and potentially getting the rider sniped off.

Remember guys, we are comparing high-end rexes with average reapers. If you manage to get a high end reaper (with good hp and melee) you will see that it can become very powerful. One of my tribemates got 27k health on his without giving it a single level. So even though you cant mutation stack reapers, they are fairly easy to obtain and you will eventually get a good one. They are a great utility dino, CAN actually destroy queens, drakes and do anything a drake can do. Plus push away obnoxious dinos.

I would like it if they let you burrow while riding it and move around like a basilisk, which would give it even more utility.

I just got my first reaper king a few days ago. Tons of effort to get one, and I am a tad let down. That's what led me to this thread. I guess it was about average in the caves, but I took it to The Island and it is highly underwhelming. I'm not talking against gigas, but against wild rexes and all. I stockpiled in advance and got 100% imprint, but it was only 210, not 225. It looks cool, I like being able to hide it underground, and the effects are good, but it doesn't do well. It comes across to me personally as a rex. Heck, his damage is currently at 1003% and it just feels weak. Multiple hits to kill a phiomia! I like it as eye candy, but for a first encounter, I will stick with my rexes and gigas.

10 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

I just got my first reaper king a few days ago. Tons of effort to get one, and I am a tad let down. That's what led me to this thread. I guess it was about average in the caves, but I took it to The Island and it is highly underwhelming. I'm not talking against gigas, but against wild rexes and all. I stockpiled in advance and got 100% imprint, but it was only 210, not 225. It looks cool, I like being able to hide it underground, and the effects are good, but it doesn't do well. It comes across to me personally as a rex. Heck, his damage is currently at 1003% and it just feels weak. Multiple hits to kill a phiomia! I like it as eye candy, but for a first encounter, I will stick with my rexes and gigas.

Does it have the passive 70% damage resist on the island?

Also... What people are not getting is, if the reaper king at 1k% doesnt oneshot a phiomia, neither can a rex which will do worse. Its a high level wild dino.

Reapers are about the same size as a rex. They have a smaller mouth, and seem lighter built. Why are people surprised that they might perform similarly and not 10 times better? 

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Does it have the passive 70% damage resist on the island?

Also... What people are not getting is, if the reaper king at 1k% doesnt oneshot a phiomia, neither can a rex which will do worse. Its a high level wild dino.

Lolz,  yeah.... logic fails most.  Rex base damage:  62  Reaper base damage:  75  1000% of 62:  620,  1000% of 75:  750. 

I tested spawning in multiple reapers yesterday at tamed level 225 (Yes,  the variant of reaper that you can birth).  After setting imprint to 100% on each of them, the average  HP value was ~25k and the average melee damage was ~500.  If the natural armor works everywhere, then this is easily on par or better than boss-tier rexes for the average, albeit much more complicated to achieve, but potentially quicker.

Archived