Reaper King

iAmE

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

They so weak. Utility is about all it might be good for. And for drakes. One dogpile from a pulled egg and it would be toast

Depends what level it is and qhat you pumped in it. An imprinted one with tens of thousands of hp can be comparable in tankiness to a saddled drake that can take on drakes. Gotta manage the crowd with tailspins and acid shots (when they fix them), thats what your special attack are for. Have them attack you not all at once but in little waves. Its by no means a weak creature, it just could and should be way better.

44 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Depends what level it is and qhat you pumped in it. An imprinted one with tens of thousands of hp can be comparable in tankiness to a saddled drake that can take on drakes. Gotta manage the crowd with tailspins and acid shots (when they fix them), thats what your special attack are for. Have them attack you not all at once but in little waves. Its by no means a weak creature, it just could and should be way better.

we had 3 drakes all 100% imprint and 112 asc saddled yet sweeping the harder to reach drake pit. we pulled one eg and had at least 15-20 swarm. all 3 drakes have about a 11k hp and 550 plus melee. we all got out with about 3k hp each. I have a 150 reaper with the full +75 levels that unfortunately since it stopped at 11% imprint bc it wanted drake kibble. i am pretty sure even fully leveled i might as well toss him in the pink and walk away before fighting and potentially pulling a pack of drakes like that. The other grown reaper we have leveled in melee was a 145 plus all bonus levels made as far as 55% imprint before getting the shaft.with all levels so far in melee it took a legitimate 15-20 bites just to kill a level 90 paracer. I aint saying it aint possible, but it certainly aint efficient or useful by no means.

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

we had 3 drakes all 100% imprint and 112 asc saddled yet sweeping the harder to reach drake pit. we pulled one eg and had at least 15-20 swarm. all 3 drakes have about a 11k hp and 550 plus melee. we all got out with about 3k hp each. I have a 150 reaper with the full +75 levels that unfortunately since it stopped at 11% imprint bc it wanted drake kibble. i am pretty sure even fully leveled i might as well toss him in the pink and walk away before fighting and potentially pulling a pack of drakes like that. The other grown reaper we have leveled in melee was a 145 plus all bonus levels made as far as 55% imprint before getting the shaft.with all levels so far in melee it took a legitimate 15-20 bites just to kill a level 90 paracer. I aint saying it aint possible, but it certainly aint efficient or useful by no means.

15-20 swarm is very unlucky though. Like in the wyvern scar, normally they cant all get to you at once, and often its little groups one after the other that come to you, but I see your meaning. Also I would say getting in a position where you can fling them off a cliff with your tail would help, but I agree it is suboptimal.

2 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

15-20 swarm is very unlucky though. Like in the wyvern scar, normally they cant all get to you at once, and often its little groups one after the other that come to you, but I see your meaning. Also I would say getting in a position where you can fling them off a cliff with your tail would help, but I agree it is suboptimal.

Problem being that your reaper can't kill them fast enough to actually prevent them from dog-piling as they come up to you in little groups. Even a fully imprinted level 225 base reaper, is only going to have around 35-40k HP and hit about half as hard as a tamed mega/drake, meaning it's both squishier and does less damage then either of those with a good saddle. It has the knockback, but realistically, that cuts your own dps quite significantly, and even if it does reduce the incoming damage, I doubt that it would be enough to survive even a mediocre swarm. I went in with a 285 Reaper, and three friends on rock drakes, and purposefully pulled the horde. They weren't even half HP before I had to dip because my reaper was almost dead. 

The reaper is *extremely* weak compared to other combat dinos. I really am not exaggerating when I say it's of comparable to less powerful to a Carno. It really is. 

11 hours ago, TR-8R said:

So in short, a reaper king is still weaker than a 6th generation rex with saddle ?

Sixth Generation?

It's weaker then a mutton tamed carno with an 80 armor saddle. I literally took a 150+75 (IE Highest possible base) level 270 Reaper and fought said Carno who was something like 250. With the light off. The Carno would have killed me outright. 

A kibble/mutton tamed rex with a primitive saddle and like 40-50 points would probably eat a reaper without thinking twice. A 6th generation rex with a decent saddle would probably eat several at once and not even be seriously harmed in the process. 

8 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Sixth Generation?

It's weaker then a mutton tamed carno with an 80 armor saddle. I literally took a 150+75 (IE Highest possible base) level 270 Reaper and fought said Carno who was something like 250. With the light off. The Carno would have killed me outright. 

A kibble/mutton tamed rex with a primitive saddle and like 40-50 points would probably eat a reaper without thinking twice. A 6th generation rex with a decent saddle would probably eat several at once and not even be seriously harmed in the process. 

Yep teribad. Ill keep robbing drake eggs til i get that magic hp/stam/melee roll. Enjoy it for one day then watch it become.a ground ornament when it gets shoved in the ground and wont come out.

2 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Yep teribad. Ill keep robbing drake eggs til i get that magic hp/stam/melee roll. Enjoy it for one day then watch it become.a ground ornament when it gets shoved in the ground and wont come out.

Don't fight crabs or Reapers. If you don't fight crabs/Reapers you generally won't get meshed like that. If you have to farm crabs for orga, take a mega or spino. Any of the new tames (Basilisk, Rock Drake or Reaper) are highly prone to being meshed in a fight with a crab. 

Just now, iAmE said:

Don't fight crabs. If you don't fight crabs you generally won't get meshed like that. If you have to farm crabs for orga, take a mega or spino. Any of the new tames (Basilisk, Rock Drake or Reaper) are highly prone to being meshed in a fight with a crab. 

Umm crabs have been no issue. Reaper queens and drakes have push 6 of my tribes permanantly into the ground. And since it does not render the same as a created building the usual enable wander and things like that dont work.

For crabs i just back up and smack em max range bc they can also grab u off a drake though it is exceptio ally rare. Keeping a distance makes it safer.

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

Umm crabs have been no issue. Reaper queens and drakes have push 6 of my tribes permanantly into the ground. And since it does not render the same as a created building the usual enable wander and things like that dont work.

For crabs i just back up and smack em max range bc they can also grab u off a drake though it is exceptio ally rare. Keeping a distance makes it safer.

Never had issues with drakes pushing anything under the mesh, or queens pushing anything but crabs under the mesh. Well, there goes just a little more of my comfort I suppose. 

On 1/2/2018 at 3:59 PM, iAmE said:

Never had issues with drakes pushing anything under the mesh, or queens pushing anything but crabs under the mesh. Well, there goes just a little more of my comfort I suppose. 

Depend on the area . On my server several people tamed dino have been pushed under the ground , they filed a ticket but GM won't come to help .

3 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

My tribemate has a theory that you get meshed when you are standing on the little black gravel textures: for some reason they have their own mesh on top of the regular world mesh

I've been pushed under the mesh on a large variety of textures and inclines. It's just that the crabs are really obnoxious. 

15 minutes ago, wasser510 said:

i think they changed the basestats so the changes should be live to all allready "hatched" reapers

The Health and damage on my tamed Reaper has remained unchanged. Both the amount of damage it does/did (Base damage is still 75, no change there). Neither has the base health changed, as the health is the same as I left it. Only two things I didn't change are whether they increased the "In the dark" damage reduction and the scaling of the per level points post hatch. I also haven't bred a new reaper to see if that changes things either. 

9 minutes ago, iAmE said:

The Health and damage on my tamed Reaper has remained unchanged. Both the amount of damage it does/did (Base damage is still 75, no change there). Neither has the base health changed, as the health is the same as I left it. Only two things I didn't change are whether they increased the "In the dark" damage reduction and the scaling of the per level points post hatch. I also haven't bred a new reaper to see if that changes things either. 

They retroactively doubled the melee scaling of the tamed reapers.

Mine was at 450% or so from a base of 352%. It is now at around 580%, gaining 6% per point.

Not sure about night buffs

That figures, I didn't do any points in melee on my reaper. So the Melee scaling is now the same as a Mega. No health changes though? 

I could only imagine they received a damage reduction increase from the dark buff. Only thing that makes sense, since the eHP aspect of the Reaper has always been its biggest weakness. 

8 minutes ago, iAmE said:

That figures, I didn't do any points in melee on my reaper. So the Melee scaling is now the same as a Mega. No health changes though? 

I could only imagine they received a damage reduction increase from the dark buff. Only thing that makes sense, since the eHP aspect of the Reaper has always been its biggest weakness. 

Hp seemed pretty comparable. Have not tested the buffs it gets. But the extra melee is a start... The targeting on the right click hasnt been fixed though

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Hp seemed pretty comparable. Have not tested the buffs it gets. But the extra melee is a start... The targeting on the right click hasnt been fixed though

Yeah. It's a start. Just wish my Reapers were still on Aberration so I could do tests. I transferred them off, literally, like two days ago because Aberration is so insecure. 

Just now, iAmE said:

Yeah. It's a start. Just wish my Reapers were still on Aberration so I could do tests. I transferred them off, literally, like two days ago because Aberration is so insecure. 

Managed to upload a crab and download it again on aberration (same server)

Try transferring them again. Maybe the no transfer applies to non-aberrant dinos only. Unless it records the originating server to judge whether to let you download or not, I was able to take an uploaded dino from the cloud to the server

Just now, Wazzamaniac said:

Managed to upload a crab and download it again on aberration (same server)

Try transferring them again. Maybe the no transfer applies to non-aberrant dinos only. Unless it records the originating server to judge whether to let you download or not, I was able to take an uploaded dino from the cloud to the server

Possibly. The kings are still on cooldown because I messed up and downloaded them burrowed (Protip, don't download burrowed dinos on foundations/ceilings, they become intangible and have to be reuploaded and downloaded back onto the ground). Took me a while to figure that one out. 

In case you guys didnt notice what happened, but they seemed to have buffed the TAMED reaper "massively" as they state in their patch notes 

i dont know what they buffed exactly, have to go on my server later and check it out.

Im REALLY curious to see what they did

EDIT: Just checked earlier replies xD so forget what i wrote

29 minutes ago, Slappy said:

In case you guys didnt notice what happened, but they seemed to have buffed the TAMED reaper "massively" as they state in their patch notes 

i dont know what they buffed exactly, have to go on my server later and check it out.

Im REALLY curious to see what they did

Seems to be a buff when you put points into damage from 0.85 to god knows what and higher base damage.

Archived