Jump to content

iAmE

Reaper King

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Yeah, mostly yours. You're a constant source of misinformation in this thread, and that needs to be pointed out every so often so people who come to this forum looking for information on this topic know to take your assertions with a huge grain of salt. 

 

Post actual proof that it's misinformation.  Post actual stats with ACTUAL calculations of how many levels have gone into those stats.  Right now, your claim is nothing more than hearsay.  Before you claim someone's wrong and attempt to INSULT him on it, provide proof that he's indeed wrong. REAL, UNDENIABLE proof.  I've provided actual calculations of how my results were possible.  You've done nothing but flame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

Base hp of 25k with a 70% damage reduction is more ehp then 56k, it is more around 75k ehp without rider buff. Also reapers scale better in health. A good breed megalo with a max saddle has better damage then a reaper but worse ehp. My mega only has 22k while my reaper has 50k. So reapers are have better ehp, still dosent change the fact that one of the most common things on aberration strips them of there defences and nukes their ehp. So while reapers without light have alot better ehp, almost as good damage, are bigger, can jump, and have many attacks, because something so common weakens them so much, megalos are generaly alot better for combat (although they will get stuck alot and are very limited on aberration because they cant jump. Also crabs can grab you off and knock back is a problem) unless the megalo isnt riden, if a megalo is riderless then no matter how strong or tanky it is, it still sucks because it will almost always use it grab attack on everything when not riden which does vastly less damage.

Oh thanks for noticing, something was wrong with my calculation.... with 100% imprint (30% reduction) and the 70% reduction without light 25k is 119k eHP. 

Still Megalos with 12k base hp will likely start to exists soon enough, so their tankability will likely be very similar; plus as you already noticed yourself a little bit charge light absolutely destroys the Reapers eHP compared to the Megalos.

As far as the HP gain goes, taking the 35 point, slightly above average stat again and assuming 100% imprint (...blahblah you read my original post) and putting all 71 lvlups into hp will result in just short of 74k hp, thats 356.5k eHP with imprint buff and without light.

A 9k base hp Megalo will with go to 51.5k, which results in 375k eHP, so actually while the reaper gains a lot more health due to the saddle the Megalo's health scales quite a bit better. 

And as I already mentioned multiple times, 9k hp for a Megalo isnt particulary high, we'll probably be seeing 12k base hp at some point.

What is very true though, is when unridden the Megalos are less than worthless, their dps is a huge pile of nasty poop unless someone does sit on it.

Edited by YellowJacket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

 I've provided actual calculations of how my results were possible. 

No, you haven't. You've provided questionable-at-best conclusions drawn from junk data. Some of the most important variables of your "calculations" - variables that are integral to the equation - on the topic are still officially unknown and unverifiable to anyone outside of Wildcard Studios. You're attempting fudge those unknown variables in your favor to reconcile the stats of your admin-spawned/admin-imprinted Single Player Reapers to Official Server reapers without any of the confirmed data required to do so. That's the textbook definition of misinformation.

The reality is that I can't prove you wrong because the data required to prove either of us right or wrong is unavailable to both of us. Considering the fact that a large majority of empirical and demonstrated evidence presented thus far has conflicted with your "calculations," I feel like it's perfectly reasonable to define your vehement claims of "proof" as misinformation at best, deception at worst.

Edited by LouSpowells
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

if you want them to chill and not die to something, as much as i have to admit it a reaper with 48k hp lives a long long time in there even with multiple reapers on them. We dont sell the runs we usually just enjoy being the only ones on our server to have nice things early.

True, reapers would probably be better in the long run...I still like those Megas though. Maybe it's just an underdog thing, but they're seeming pretty damned effective. 

And I don't know if sell would be the right word. A tribe I was in tried that way back when the Broodmother fight first came out and we basically painted huge targets on our backs. It's been more like access to weapon or armor blueprints, animal/egg trades...not like a "We're charging 150,000 ingots per kill" like Warcraft raids were back in the day. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

True, reapers would probably be better in the long run...I still like those Megas though. Maybe it's just an underdog thing, but they're seeming pretty damned effective. 

And I don't know if sell would be the right word. A tribe I was in tried that way back when the Broodmother fight first came out and we basically painted huge targets on our backs. It's been more like access to weapon or armor blueprints, animal/egg trades...not like a "We're charging 150,000 ingots per kill" like Warcraft raids were back in the day. 

 

lol i have carried many a fool and made many gold from wow carries. when the token for gold came out i was paid up for a year off mythic carries. Anyhow i dont think the mega is viewed as the underdog here anyhow. since arb mega has become very favored. I think the mobility of the mega would be the disadvantage for a sit tank. they really cant dodge much. We did boss on gamma again to test more and get my crafter the pod bed unlocked. Right now the best combo is drakes with shotgun riders. a designated 1-2 gas ball shooters with an ar and one high dmg drake for add control. We tried with gas shooters and it made it exceptionally easier. we did 4 ppl with 4 drakes and 2 designated gas ball shooters, two for tentacles and boss. only thing that built up was an accumulation of reapers and nameless so at one point we pulled up together and mass killed the nameless and reapers as a clean up. went smooth. 

As a plus for the reaper i delivered some rock eles on my se server to deal with some pricks. I took my tank reaper with 45k hp. i tanked and kited 3 rock eles for 45 mins and only took about 9k dmg.  As long as they will fit we going to take a couple into the alpha tek cave and see how they fair with knocking gigas and adds off the path. Has anyone tested walking them in the tek cave? saw one video but the guy just spawned it into the cave which is no use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

The reality is that I can't prove you wrong because the data required to prove either of us right or wrong is unavailable to both of us.

This is my favorite part of your argument, because it's 100% false.  The information IS available.   I've stated this multiple times.  No, the game.ini and engine.ini for official servers hasn't been posted,  that's obvious.  What is available, however, are the actual stats of dinos at various levels.  It's trivial to figure out what those actual settings in the inis are for the official server because of this.  I've said this several times.  If a dino with 1 wild level in melee gains exactly the same amount of melee damage on a private or single player, you're on the same settings for wild melee growth.  If it gains the exact same amount with 15 levels, it proves it even more  (to eliminate rounding errors).  To argue against this is essentially to say that all the figures on the wiki are wrong.  Yes, being a wiki, which is a construct of the community, it has the possibility of being wrong, but it's been tested time and time again.   Those stats have been confirmed to be accurate across dinos that have been in the game since its conception.  Here's another thing.  There is no method of editing a single dino's growth rates.  You have 1 setting for growth rates and that affects ALL dinos.  This means you can do your tests with a jerboa to confirm your tame growth rate. (Jerboas spawn at level 1, so tamed growth would be 100% verifiable.)  You can use a dodo to confirm wild growth rates.  The same settings will affect all other dinosaurs exactly the same way.  The data required IS available to you.   If I am indeed wrong, PROVE ME WRONG or shut up about it.

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

This is my favorite part of your argument, because it's 100% false.  The information IS available.   I've stated this multiple times.  No, the game.ini and engine.ini for official servers hasn't been posted,  that's obvious.  What is available, however, are the actual stats of dinos at various levels.  It's trivial to figure out what those actual settings in the inis are for the official server because of this.  I've said this several times.  If a dino with 1 wild level in melee gains exactly the same amount of melee damage on a private or single player, you're on the same settings for wild melee growth.  If it gains the exact same amount with 15 levels, it proves it even more  (to eliminate rounding errors).  To argue against this is essentially to say that all the figures on the wiki are wrong.  Yes, being a wiki, which is a construct of the community, it has the possibility of being wrong, but it's been tested time and time again.   Those stats have been confirmed to be accurate across dinos that have been in the game since its conception.  Here's another thing.  There is no method of editing a single dino's growth rates.  You have 1 setting for growth rates and that affects ALL dinos.  This means you can do your tests with a jerboa to confirm your tame growth rate. (Jerboas spawn at level 1, so tamed growth would be 100% verifiable.)  You can use a dodo to confirm wild growth rates.  The same settings will affect all other dinosaurs exactly the same way.  The data required IS available to you.   If I am indeed wrong, PROVE ME WRONG or shut up about it.

This is a false statement. For one there is more than "growth rate" that affects stats in the game ini. Further, there has been several patch notes citing changes to sp vs changes to official. That is bc there are differences. What is your explanation for your skewed results? And lucky lotto winning is absolutely NOT a valid answer else you should be buying loto tickets. Please link your "proof" and supposed "official" settings

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

This is a false statement. For one there is more than "growth rate" that affects stats in the game ini. Further, there has been several patch notes citing changes to sp vs changes to official. That is bc there are differences. What is your explanation for your skewed results? And lucky lotto winning is absolutely NOT a valid answer else you should be buying loto tickets. Please link your "proof" and supposed "official" settings

Wait... what?  Here's what depicts the stats of dinos.  Period.:  

  • Base Dino stats (not editable under any circumstances)
  • Dino wild level growth rate (one setting per stat)
  • Dino taming bonus level growth rate (again, one setting per stat)
  • Dino Affinity bonus multiplier (yet again... one setting per stat)
  • Dino Tamed level growth rate (Guess what... one setting per stat)

That's it.  Those all fall under "Growth rate".  The 2 key factors here are wild level growth rate and tamed level growth rate.  These are the 2 key stats in question.  Again.. base dino stats are  NOT EDITABLE outside of mods.   There are 0 ini settings where you can change the BASE dino stats (what the dino is at level 1).  Finding the "Dino Wild Level Growth Rate" is trivial.  Knock out a level 5 dino.   Compare its stats to the base.  Torpor increases in a linear fashion every level increase.   You can determine how many levels have been put into each stat.  Simply knock them out until you have a dino that doesn't have any movement speed levels. PREFERABLY find one that has a single level in 5 different stats.  If the growth of each stat is the same on official and single player, guess what... same settings.  Now take ANY dinosaur period.  It can even be a spawned in level 8 million dinosaur.  Increase  the stat in question by 1 level.  If the growth rate (it's a percentage of the stand-up stats, so keep that in mind) is the same as the growth rate on official.......... do I really need to finish this sentence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Wait... what?  Here's what depicts the stats of dinos.  Period.:  

  • Base Dino stats (not editable under any circumstances)
  • Dino wild level growth rate (one setting per stat)
  • Dino taming bonus level growth rate (again, one setting per stat)
  • Dino Affinity bonus multiplier (yet again... one setting per stat)
  • Dino Tamed level growth rate (Guess what... one setting per stat)

That's it.  Those all fall under "Growth rate".  The 2 key factors here are wild level growth rate and tamed level growth rate.  These are the 2 key stats in question.  Again.. base dino stats are  NOT EDITABLE outside of mods.   There are 0 ini settings where you can change the BASE dino stats (what the dino is at level 1).  Finding the "Dino Wild Level Growth Rate" is trivial.  Knock out a level 5 dino.   Compare its stats to the base.  Torpor increases in a linear fashion every level increase.   You can determine how many levels have been put into each stat.  Simply knock them out until you have a dino that doesn't have any movement speed levels. PREFERABLY find one that has a single level in 5 different stats.  If the growth of each stat is the same on official and single player, guess what... same settings.  Now take ANY dinosaur period.  It can even be a spawned in level 8 million dinosaur.  Increase  the stat in question by 1 level.  If the growth rate (it's a percentage of the stand-up stats, so keep that in mind) is the same as the growth rate on official.......... do I really need to finish this sentence?

provide your proof please. What are the "official" single player settings, all of them.  Also there are ini settings that affect those settings listed, for example taming bonus is effected by taming efficiency which is a multiple of taming speed. and oliver you have quit arguing it bc you have failed to prove it as well.

Edited by bigfishrob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bigfishrob taming efficiency levels are simply wild levels.  This is something that's been known for years.  So yes... there are ini settings that affect taming bonus through efficiency.  Those ini settings are  "Dino Wild Level Growth".  Here's a question for you.  How do you think Dododex calculates how many levels have gone into a wild dino when you put in the stats of a knocked out dino?  Do you think Dododex was given the official stat growth settings to come up with their calculations?  Are you claiming that dododex's calculations are wrong?   They're not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

@bigfishrob taming efficiency levels are simply wild levels.  This is something that's been known for years.  So yes... there are ini settings that affect taming bonus through efficiency.  Those ini settings are  "Dino Wild Level Growth".  Here's a question for you.  How do you think Dododex calculates how many levels have gone into a wild dino when you put in the stats of a knocked out dino?  Do you think Dododex was given the official stat growth settings to come up with their calculations?  Are you claiming that dododex's calculations are wrong?   They're not.

dododex is useless for post tame. How about explain that? What is the exact settings to set. Are you adjusting taming speed?

Edited by bigfishrob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who said anything about post tame?  We're confirming wild growth levels right now.   Let's address a single thing at a time, because tackling multiple problems is proving to be difficult here.  You're claiming that default settings are different than official settings.  I claim they're not.  Let's start with wild levels.  Are you claiming that dododex is calculating wild levels wrong?  Here's a hint, dododex level calculations only work on official and default sp/private.  (Funny that it works on both of those, huh?)

 

*edit*  I'll explain why dododex doesn't work for post-tame, I guess.  Stat affinity.  Certain dinos gain what's called an "Affinity bonus" upon tame for various stats.  This is why almost all of the herbivores gain movement speed upon tame.   This is also why the giga LOSES HP and melee damage upon tame.   These are affinity bonuses  (nerfs on giga).  Reaper HP loss is an affinity "bonus".  Dododex hasn't taken the time to calculate for stat affinity.   On top of that, there's the variable of tamed dinos being leveled up that makes the calculations more complex.  Because of all of this, they put a disclaimer on their app/page that says their level calculations only work for pre-tame dinos.  These affinities aren't impossible to account for manually, however.  (Tame a level 1 dino to see its affinities.)

*edit2*  Affinity bonuses are the ONLY bonuses seen from the "forcetame" command.  This is the key difference of "forcetame" and  "dotame".  "dotame" behaves as if you tamed the dino the normal way with 100% efficiency.  "forcetame" simply marks the dino as "tamed" by you, which in turn activates the affinity bonuses.

Edited by banggugyangu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Who said anything about post tame?  We're confirming wild growth levels right now.   Let's address a single thing at a time, because tackling multiple problems is proving to be difficult here.  You're claiming that default settings are different than official settings.  I claim they're not.  Let's start with wild levels.  Are you claiming that dododex is calculating wild levels wrong?  Here's a hint, dododex level calculations only work on official and default sp/private.  (Funny that it works on both of those, huh?)

we have been comparing post tame stats you claimed were easily possible vs the official outcomes. Base level could be the same. it is taming efficiency and things that effect stats when and after tame that will be the big differences. i really dont care at all if a jerb has the same 100 hp on official vs sp. but if you get 150 post tame on sp vs 135 post tame on official it would mean something. You still haven't offered a viable explanation how you get 25/25 of 40 plus point rolls when we can barely at all get those level of stats on official and tribe is pushing 20 tames at this point with only 3 over 320 base melee. So either something is difference or you are the luckiest person in the world and my tribe and wazz has the worst luck in the world.

 

Oh and my highest so far with a 94% imprint only got to 420 melee post imprint.

Edited by bigfishrob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taming efficiency is NOT in play in ANY of my tests.  Taming efficiency ONLY comes into play under typical taming methods or the "dotame" command which wasn't used.  Please stop bringing taming efficiency up in this discussion.  I can't provide an accurate explanation as to why the 25/25 level 225 reapers had such stats.   I CAN, however, and HAVE provided a theory which I even said needs testing.  It's very possible that part of the reaper buff that wild card did was to weight certain stats on wild levels for the reaper.  Again, I need to test this.  It will take a sample size of 1000s of reapers at the minimum to come to an accurate conclusion.  If this is the case, then every 150 would have a higher chance of being the  "lottery winner" that I experienced.  Does that mean that you'll get that every time?  No.  RNG is still a factor in either case.  It IS a possibility, however, and this is something that could be easily hardcoded into the game.  Again... it's a THEORY.  With that said, though, unicorns aren't impossible.  (not the actual unicorn mob, mind you..)  You CAN get a unicorn of a dino.  There HAVE been wild dinos with 100+ levels in melee.  Again.. it's all based on RNG.  If someone were to figure out how to manipulate that RNG, then it would TECHNICALLY be possible to force the server to spawn dinos with whatever level-ups you want, though I can't fathom how difficult such a manipulation would be.  Despite that, RNG is RNG.  It's the appearance of randomness based on a seed.  Though the probability be extremely low, 25/25 lottery winners in a row is NOT impossible.  Again, testing needs to be done to see if it's a weighted trend or just a fluke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Taming efficiency is NOT in play in ANY of my tests.  Taming efficiency ONLY comes into play under typical taming methods or the "dotame" command which wasn't used.  Please stop bringing taming efficiency up in this discussion.  I can't provide an accurate explanation as to why the 25/25 level 225 reapers had such stats.   I CAN, however, and HAVE provided a theory which I even said needs testing.  It's very possible that part of the reaper buff that wild card did was to weight certain stats on wild levels for the reaper.  Again, I need to test this.  It will take a sample size of 1000s of reapers at the minimum to come to an accurate conclusion.  If this is the case, then every 150 would have a higher chance of being the  "lottery winner" that I experienced.  Does that mean that you'll get that every time?  No.  RNG is still a factor in either case.  It IS a possibility, however, and this is something that could be easily hardcoded into the game.  Again... it's a THEORY.  With that said, though, unicorns aren't impossible.  (not the actual unicorn mob, mind you..)  You CAN get a unicorn of a dino.  There HAVE been wild dinos with 100+ levels in melee.  Again.. it's all based on RNG.  If someone were to figure out how to manipulate that RNG, then it would TECHNICALLY be possible to force the server to spawn dinos with whatever level-ups you want, though I can't fathom how difficult such a manipulation would be.  Despite that, RNG is RNG.  It's the appearance of randomness based on a seed.  Though the probability be extremely low, 25/25 lottery winners in a row is NOT impossible.  Again, testing needs to be done to see if it's a weighted trend or just a fluke.

100 point dinos??? lol id love to see that without an admin command of some sort. 25/25 unicorns..lol. Anyhow i have asked multiple times now WHAT ARE the settings? numbers,  what do i need to shove in this cheat mode single player to supposedly simulate official.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...............DEFAULT SETTINGS.............  I have said that at least 5 times now.  Official settings and DEFAULT settings are the same.  Again..... this is provable by simply testing with dinos on each.... tame a bunch of level 5 dodos with any berries except mejo.  They'll all come out as level 6 and take 2 minutes to tame.  Do this on official and a single player with DEFAULT settings.  You WILL eventually get a dodo on each that both have the same exact stats.  Now take those 2 dodos and level them up one time in each stat.   You'll see EXACTLY the same stat growth on the official one as you do on the single player one.  Again.... ALL dinos on EACH will see EXACTLY the same results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

...............DEFAULT SETTINGS.............  I have said that at least 5 times now.  Official settings and DEFAULT settings are the same.  Again..... this is provable by simply testing with dinos on each.... tame a bunch of level 5 dodos with any berries except mejo.  They'll all come out as level 6 and take 2 minutes to tame.  Do this on official and a single player with DEFAULT settings.  You WILL eventually get a dodo on each that both have the same exact stats.  Now take those 2 dodos and level them up one time in each stat.   You'll see EXACTLY the same stat growth on the official one as you do on the single player one.  Again.... ALL dinos on EACH will see EXACTLY the same results.

i thought this had already been done? Is there not somewhere it is documented? So i just start a single player and dont change stuff and it will be same EXACT as official? Running around looking for level 5 dodos on official is a pain, esp as many as you would have to tame to finally get one with same stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then find one.  After you find a single one, then spawn in level 5 dodos on single player until you get one with the same level ups (*edit* Make sure you use the same method to tame on all dodos, both official and sp).

Also, what was found was that 1x on HP and melee are not the same as official.  I recanted that I misspoke when  I said 1x originally.  I was on default settings which was a FAR CRY from 1x (0.17x wild and 0.14x tamed are default).

Edited by banggugyangu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Taming efficiency is NOT in play in ANY of my tests.  Taming efficiency ONLY comes into play under typical taming methods or the "dotame" command which wasn't used.  Please stop bringing taming efficiency up in this discussion.  I can't provide an accurate explanation as to why the 25/25 level 225 reapers had such stats.   I CAN, however, and HAVE provided a theory which I even said needs testing.  It's very possible that part of the reaper buff that wild card did was to weight certain stats on wild levels for the reaper.  Again, I need to test this.  It will take a sample size of 1000s of reapers at the minimum to come to an accurate conclusion.  If this is the case, then every 150 would have a higher chance of being the  "lottery winner" that I experienced.  Does that mean that you'll get that every time?  No.  RNG is still a factor in either case.  It IS a possibility, however, and this is something that could be easily hardcoded into the game.  Again... it's a THEORY.  With that said, though, unicorns aren't impossible.  (not the actual unicorn mob, mind you..)  You CAN get a unicorn of a dino.  There HAVE been wild dinos with 100+ levels in melee.  Again.. it's all based on RNG.  If someone were to figure out how to manipulate that RNG, then it would TECHNICALLY be possible to force the server to spawn dinos with whatever level-ups you want, though I can't fathom how difficult such a manipulation would be.  Despite that, RNG is RNG.  It's the appearance of randomness based on a seed.  Though the probability be extremely low, 25/25 lottery winners in a row is NOT impossible.  Again, testing needs to be done to see if it's a weighted trend or just a fluke.

Also According to wc all they buffed was tamed stats. And even if they improved the point allocation, by your arguments it would still have the same results as official esp by avg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The change that it appears they made is the +75% affinity to melee damage.    I already mentioned that, and it's accounted for in my later tests, and confirmed via math.  This is irrelevant, though.  Your argument this whole time has been "Official rates are a mystery.", and to that I say that they're not.  They're calculatable, and have been calculated.  This is evident in that we have confirmed levels (both wild level and tamed growth rates) on official servers.  As I said,  50 melee levels + 35 HP levels achieves what I found.  50 melee levels is what people look for in boss rexes.  35 levels in a secondary stat on a 225 dino is NOT unheard of or even that rare.  Yes, the 50 levels in a single stat isn't "common", but 50  accompanied with 35 isn't uncommon among the 50s.  If there is indeed a factor weighting level probabilities to the more useful stats (or even just melee) for the reaper, then that would explain my results.  Like I said,  this is theory.   Theory requires testing to confirm.  I've posted my findings and theories.  If my theories are wrong, I would love to see proof of that.  In the meantime, be respectful (to everyone who has so much as resulted to passive-aggressive insults regarding this).  I'll test when I have time, myself.   If you want to do tests before that, by all means, I look forward to seeing your findings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

The change that it appears they made is the +75% affinity to melee damage.    I already mentioned that, and it's accounted for in my later tests, and confirmed via math.  This is irrelevant, though.  Your argument this whole time has been "Official rates are a mystery.", and to that I say that they're not.  They're calculatable, and have been calculated.  This is evident in that we have confirmed levels (both wild level and tamed growth rates) on official servers.  As I said,  50 melee levels + 35 HP levels achieves what I found.  50 melee levels is what people look for in boss rexes.  35 levels in a secondary stat on a 225 dino is NOT unheard of or even that rare.  Yes, the 50 levels in a single stat isn't "common", but 50  accompanied with 35 isn't uncommon among the 50s.  If there is indeed a factor weighting level probabilities to the more useful stats (or even just melee) for the reaper, then that would explain my results.  Like I said,  this is theory.   Theory requires testing to confirm.  I've posted my findings and theories.  If my theories are wrong, I would love to see proof of that.  In the meantime, be respectful (to everyone who has so much as resulted to passive-aggressive insults regarding this).  I'll test when I have time, myself.   If you want to do tests before that, by all means, I look forward to seeing your findings.

Are you saying your theory is that they weighted level probabilities on single player then? otherwise your theory still wouldn't explain the discrepancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm saying I think it may be weighted in general.  There would be no reason to weight it on SP and not on official.  Also, which patch notes are you referring to about SP specific changes other than things like tethering in local multiplayer and adjustments to default rates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

I'm saying I think it may be weighted in general.  There would be no reason to weight it on SP and not on official.  Also, which patch notes are you referring to about SP specific changes other than things like tethering in local multiplayer and adjustments to default rates?

In the end of legacy there were adjustments specifically to bosses to adjust the difficulty to make it more possible for a person on solo play. You have plenty of access to look back through those notes. And like i said if your claim is the weighting would be in general and not just in single player then you still have 0 theory even to explain your phenomenal results vs what official is receiving.

Also there are very good reason for values to be different on SP vs official. mainly being is the method of play is solo, whereas official is geared around multiple ppl working together.

Edited by bigfishrob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boss difficulty is merely a scaling factor based on a flag of (isSinglePlayer) [likely not what the actual flag is called, but this is the idea].  That's also an irrelevant change, though.  I already covered differences in what I experienced vs what was stated by others on official.  Sample size.  BOTH sample sizes are far to small to make any accurate conclusions.  As I mentioned, it would need to be 1000s of samples to come to a somewhat accurate conclusion on the matter.  I will say, though, that while this is also much too small to make a conclusion, when  I was testing the wild stat growth rates of SP vs official, of the ~15 level 2 reapers  I spawned in, 10 of them were either HP or melee leveled, which is why I had to spawn so many just to test each stat.   That's a pretty high number for what should be a 2/7 chance if all stats were equally weighted, even being a small sample size.  In all honesty, it would make sense to do something along these lines, being that there's no chance for breeding better stats in.  It's also significantly more difficult and time consuming that getting the next down the difficulty list, which is the rock drake, even though reapers aren't terribly difficult to obtain anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...