Reaper King

iAmE

8 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Actually gonna rephrase that- its the stats of on e of my friends's reaper, who isnt on our server but official. To note, this is imprinted, not base.

still better then mine with the sp buff turned on... sp allows you to save before something and keep reverting to that save allowing you to basically reroll a reapers stats and mine reapers stats were the second best i saw (the best kept asking for rock drake and featherlight kibble) and i reroll to goet good stats ALOT, i thought mine were good but considering people are getting way better ones then mine with official stats (sp mode buff turned off) i can now see that mine sucks A## and i need to throw him away and get a new one.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have found an odd discrepancy between single player and official that I can't explain, and it errs on the side of official. My trap utilizes a ballistic as the primary source of damage. My methodology is that when she is bloody, you simply turn of lights, check for aura, then turn lights back on. The ballista's damage is 600. If no aura, fire 2 bolts then check again. Last night, we had a 135 trapped.  We got her bloody, and when we were checking for aura, someone else went up with a magnifying glass and said "4135 health" so I fired 5 bolts which killed her. It should have been 3k damage on the dot. On single player, the ballista was doing exactly 600 damage like I was expecting. On official it was apparently doing more than 800 damage and less than 1100.... I have no explanation for this. It would make sense for the experience to be the other way around.... If the ballista did extra damage on single player because it's single player... The only setting I know of that would effect this is Dino resistance. 

15 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

So I have found an odd discrepancy between single player and official that I can't explain, and it errs on the side of official. My trap utilizes a ballistic as the primary source of damage. My methodology is that when she is bloody, you simply turn of lights, check for aura, then turn lights back on. The ballista's damage is 600. If no aura, fire 2 bolts then check again. Last night, we had a 135 trapped.  We got her bloody, and when we were checking for aura, someone else went up with a magnifying glass and said "4135 health" so I fired 5 bolts which killed her. It should have been 3k damage on the dot. On single player, the ballista was doing exactly 600 damage like I was expecting. On official it was apparently doing more than 800 damage and less than 1100.... I have no explanation for this. It would make sense for the experience to be the other way around.... If the ballista did extra damage on single player because it's single player... The only setting I know of that would effect this is Dino resistance. 

My reaper is at 730% damage. We were weakening a 130, and I made sure that it didnt have an aura while biting it. It was very bloody, but not at 2k hp yet.

Turned off light, no aura, turned it back on and then... Oneshot it. What?

18 minutes ago, Olivar said:

That sounds really weird.

I agree.  And I know for a fact that in single player it was doing exactly 600 health because I was using leavemealone to test that.  Fired a single bolt,  checked health,  exactly 600 down (slowly regenning because of charge light).  The thing is, with dino resistance being the only setting I know of that could affect this, that would be a blanket effect across all dinos and damage sources...

1 hour ago, banggugyangu said:

But sp exact same as official....... you probably got some lag and the light still affecting. we monitor ours real close. usually a team one watches hp other dmgs til sub 1k. The trap method is sketchy sometimes anyhow. any clipping through dino gates or pillars will cause the animation ect and the reaper even digging and leaving but not getting prego. Easier to pull them to an open area and do it there. plus this method gives you easier access to get a reaper werever a good one spawns. (also we do same method solo we are just slower bc we chk hp ourselves instead of one chking one biting)

Wait,  the reaper won't fit through the door?  If so that means drakes also wouldn't.  Despite an obvious visible size difference, both reapers and drakes are blocked by 3 walls high spaces,  but not blocked by 4 walls high spaces.  What's the biggest dino that we've confirmed fits through that door?

1 hour ago, banggugyangu said:

Wait,  the reaper won't fit through the door?  If so that means drakes also wouldn't.  Despite an obvious visible size difference, both reapers and drakes are blocked by 3 walls high spaces,  but not blocked by 4 walls high spaces.  What's the biggest dino that we've confirmed fits through that door?

Drakes should fit but they cant be teleported on the pad at the end of the cave anyway because theyre a glider

But if reaper kings can't fit in the cave, drakes have a hitbox the same height as a reaper king (which is also the same as a reaper queen despite queens being immensely bigger.)  Drakes' hitboxes are actually bigger altogether due to being wider and a smidge longer.  The height is the same, though.  If you put down ceilings 4 walls high, drakes, kings, and queens can all walk under it.  The fin of the king will stick out the top and the whole head of the queen will.  If you put those ceilings down 3 walls high, all 3 dinos are unable to walk under them.  (This is the basis of my trap design, and the reason my trap depends on either a crab or megalo pulling the queen rather than a drake.  (Crabs will fit under a 3 wall high ceiling, but you need at least 4 walls high to dismount.))  If the reaper king doesn't fit in the cave entrance, then that means the cave entrance is less than 4 walls tall, and the drake also can't fit.

1 minute ago, banggugyangu said:

But if reaper kings can't fit in the cave, drakes have a hitbox the same height as a reaper king (which is also the same as a reaper queen despite queens being immensely bigger.)  Drakes' hitboxes are actually bigger altogether due to being wider and a smidge longer.  The height is the same, though.  If you put down ceilings 4 walls high, drakes, kings, and queens can all walk under it.  The fin of the king will stick out the top and the whole head of the queen will.  If you put those ceilings down 3 walls high, all 3 dinos are unable to walk under them.  (This is the basis of my trap design, and the reason my trap depends on either a crab or megalo pulling the queen rather than a drake.  (Crabs will fit under a 3 wall high ceiling, but you need at least 4 walls high to dismount.))  If the reaper king doesn't fit in the cave entrance, then that means the cave entrance is less than 4 walls tall, and the drake also can't fit.

Thats assuming you cant squirm inside by clinging to a wall and going in sideways or something.

Archived