Reaper King

iAmE

3 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Also, @bigfishrob why won't you answer my question?  How do you actually think stat growth works in this game?

How about you explain the question asked to you a long time ago about how you have such a huge difference in stat rolls for 25/25 reapers comparable to what anyone on official is getting. bc so far you have no valid explanation and simply claiming "just lucky i guess"

Another 5 more reapers this weekend nothing over 319 base melee. so we are almost at your 25 number and have 2 over 320, everything else 250's to 300 only.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have provided a plausible explanation in the form of a theory that the stat allocation be weighted for reapers toward melee and health.  Also I would like to see a screenshot of that reaper's stats with 0 post-tame levels.  319 isn't a value that the reaper should ever be born with (pre or post-imprint.)  The closest 2 possibilities you could get are 315% melee damage or 323.7% melee (actually 323.75).  I suppose you could mean 319 DAMAGE, which would be 49 levels (100+245% * 1.75 [affinity bonus]).

11 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

I have provided a plausible explanation in the form of a theory that the stat allocation be weighted for reapers toward melee and health.  Also I would like to see a screenshot of that reaper's stats with 0 post-tame levels.  319 isn't a value that the reaper should ever be born with (pre or post-imprint.)  The closest 2 possibilities you could get are 315% melee damage or 323.7% melee (actually 323.75).  I suppose you could mean 319 DAMAGE, which would be 49 levels (100+245% * 1.75 [affinity bonus]).

How is that a plausible explanation? Wouldnt your theory affect both SP and official thus not explaining the different results you get vs what we get. The stat was 3 something. could have been 315 i dont remember the exact number just that it was not over 320

What part of "The sample size is too small" is confusing?  ALL of our reapers on BOTH SIDES  COMBINED don't equate to an acceptable sample size to make a conclusion.  *edit* I would claim that ALL reapers across ALL official servers so far aren't enough to make an acceptable sample size.... */edit*  Also, "I don't remember the exact number" disqualifies any further anecdotes from you without photo proof.  If your attention span doesn't allow you to remember a 4 digit (3+ 1 decimal place) number, then this thread can't trust any other anecdotes from you that aren't supported by proof.  You're also still dodging my simple question.  How do you believe stat gains work in this game?  Why are you so scared to answer this question?

21 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

What part of "The sample size is too small" is confusing?  ALL of our reapers on BOTH SIDES  COMBINED don't equate to an acceptable sample size to make a conclusion.  *edit* I would claim that ALL reapers across ALL official servers so far aren't enough to make an acceptable sample size.... */edit*  Also, "I don't remember the exact number" disqualifies any further anecdotes from you without photo proof.  If your attention span doesn't allow you to remember a 4 digit (3+ 1 decimal place) number, then this thread can't trust any other anecdotes from you that aren't supported by proof.  You're also still dodging my simple question.  How do you believe stat gains work in this game?  Why are you so scared to answer this question?

dude you have dodged the questions. sample size with a standard deviation can make very effective predictions. since you standard deviation appears to be very low it is a higher probability that your stats are fairly normalized and an effective sample. I dont remember the one last digit. it was 310-319. I can go SS it for im sure it has about22% imprint at the moment.  i popped it hopped out and carried on about my business doing other things like killing Alpha Rockwell, and re leveling from 0

25 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Any dino, with stat rolls that high, on official, is statistically impossible 25 times in a row.

Accept that you have been wrong somewhere and move on. Half of this entire thread is you dishing out theory when from the get-go there is a missing or wrong variable in your initial hypothesis. Empirical evidence>theory when you are talking about probabilities if the outcome you think youll get is that farfetched.

Because i have spawned dinos on sp. And I ALWAYS noticed that hey, i get incredible rolls in stats. Tell that to the 225 phoenix I forcetamed that got over 500% melee. It happened with reapers too. Its not just a coincidence. As far as stat distribution, on ACTUAL regular settings, there is no bias towards certain stats. So singleplayer HAS to be boosting your stats SOME WAY OR ANOTHER because assuming you got astronomically lucky 25/25 is WRONG, contradicts any scientific method and is wasting our time. 

If you want to convince anyone, have your control group of reapers on sp (25/25 epic stat rolls), then go out there and get 25 reapers on official (or save yourself the trouble and take ours at face value). Since it is, (and will be for any reaper you tame) and will be wildly different results from your sp tests, you have no choice but to accept there is a difference. Your error is to conclude that such extreme deviation is within the realm of normal deviation; this is actually bogus and just you not wanting to lose an argument.

4 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

dude you have dodged the questions. sample size with a standard deviation can make very effective predictions. since you standard deviation appears to be very low it is a higher probability that your stats are fairly normalized and an effective sample

You mean how you dodged my question repeatedly?  Also, no... With a sample size of ~100 reapers, that is still far too low to come up with an accurate conclusion.  This is double what we currently have between us.   Also,  just to note,  as I mentioned a few posts back,  the other night I had a 145 megalo knocked out that had 85 wild levels in movement speed (wasted levels).  The odds of this happening are MORE THAN TWICE AS UNLIKELY as 25/25 45+ health and 50+ melee 225 dinos with 0 weighting in any stat.

1 minute ago, banggugyangu said:

You mean how you dodged my question repeatedly?  Also, no... With a sample size of ~100 reapers, that is still far too low to come up with an accurate conclusion.  This is double what we currently have between us.   Also,  just to note,  as I mentioned a few posts back,  the other night I had a 145 megalo knocked out that had 85 wild levels in movement speed (wasted levels).  The odds of this happening are MORE THAN TWICE AS UNLIKELY as 25/25 45+ health and 50+ melee 225 dinos with 0 weighting in any stat.

Go back to the drawing board, and do more tests.

Reapers are not different than any other dino for stat distribution. So between mine and @bigfishrob s hundreds of dinos tamed on official, these results would not make any sense.

3 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Any dino, with stat rolls that high, on official, is statistically impossible 25 times in a row.

Accept that you have been wrong somewhere and move on. Half of this entire thread is you dishing out theory when from the get-go there is a missing or wrong variable in your initial hypothesis. Empirical evidence>theory when you are talking about probabilities if the outcome you think youll get is that farfetched.

Because i have spawned dinos on sp. And I ALWAYS noticed that hey, i get incredible rolls in stats. Tell that to the 225 phoenix I forcetamed that got over 500% melee. It happened with reapers too. Its not just a coincidence. As far as stat distribution, on ACTUAL regular settings, there is no bias towards certain stats. So singleplayer HAS to be boosting your stats SOME WAY OR ANOTHER because assuming you got astronomically lucky 25/25 is WRONG, contradicts any scientific method and is wasting our time. 

If you want to convince anyone, have your control group of reapers on sp (25/25 epic stat rolls), then go out there and get 25 reapers on official (or save yourself the trouble and take ours at face value). Since it is, (and will be for any reaper you tame) and will be wildly different results from your sp tests, you have no choice but to accept there is a difference. Your error is to conclude that such extreme deviation is within the realm of normal deviation; this is actually bogus and just you not wanting to lose an argument.

Just a question..... how much data do we have in this thread of level 225 births on official?

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Go back to the drawing board, and do more tests.

Reapers are not different than any other dino for stat distribution. So between mine and @bigfishrob s hundreds of dinos tamed on official, these results would not make any sense.

Well,  they are in at least one aspect.   No other dino has a +75% affinity in any stat.

8 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Just a question..... how much data do we have in this thread of level 225 births on official?

i have at least 5. and none of them had even over 300, they were actually all the lowest ones. The remaining of mine were 145s minus 1 which was 135 tame. But if you wanna go that route i suppose you have about 25 150's to find which is a nightmare on official.

12 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

That's still an abysmal sample size.

What makes u think tbat is a low sample size? 25 out of a total of 50 would ve a great sample size. U wanna keep it vague so ur point is not proven as bogus as heck. Between wazz and mine u are talking 50 plus prob with nothing over r0 points. If that dont tell u how rare that number is and prove that you results are probably boosted.

17 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

One spawn makes sense dude. 25/25 absolutely does not. Sp is dif code man. Dif code. When it tells u ur code version.... that is ur client version doesnt mean jack about ur sp.

Now i have a new problem since wc deleted my char. I joined some friends on a server to get my tekgrams back. Went to leave and unclaimed reaper left tribe and reaper not claimable. Claim option greyed out so i guess bc this is a new char and the parent char is deleted this reaper will just go poof. And by the way alpha brood rekt the reaper. I wasnt even in the front and almost died.

Did it have the rider bonus,(unless you also transfered the character that imprinted it to the island also then it probably didnt have it) also, the alpha brood rekts everything, that why people always pinned it. (Also light or no light) a good max official reaper has around 50k and takes 70%(+30% from rider) reduced damage, the alpha brood does about 1.5k base a hit. Unless you got hit about 100-200 times then you shouldnt have almost died, especially in the back. Its as tanky as a very high end rex with the best possible saddle so if it almost died in the back then the rexes in the front should have got all slaughtered, unless you are leaving out a few big details.

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

What makes u think tbat is a low sample size? 25 out of a total of 50 would ve a great sample size. U wanna keep it vague so ur point is not proven as bogus as heck. Between wazz and mine u are talking 50 plus prob with nothing over r0 points. If that dont tell u how rare that number is and prove that you results are probably boosted.

Because to determine accurate probability, you need to have a very large sample size...  

Here's an example:   It's not impossible to flip a coin 10 times and get 6 heads and 4 tails.  Based on these results, you would make the conclusion that when flipping a coin you have a 60% chance of getting heads.  This is an incorrect conclusion because of the small sample size.  As your sample size increases, the odds of the results evening out to 50% are EXTREMELY high.  Yes, you likely will never get EXACTLY 50%, though it's possible, but the larger the sample size, the more likely you are to get closer to exactly 50%.  The exact same thing comes into play with stats on a dino.  A sample size of what we currently have is puny and by no means even remotely close to what's necessary to determine a proper conclusion.  To make a proper conclusion on this matter, because of the number of possible outcomes, we need 1000s of samples.  Truthfully, for a real CONCLUSION, we need millions of samples, but in the 1000s, we can at least determine a trend.

6 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Did it have the rider bonus,(unless you also transfered the character that imprinted it to the island also then it probably didnt have it) also, the alpha brood rekts everything, that why people always pinned it. (Also light or no light) a good max official reaper has around 50k and takes 70%(+30% from rider) reduced damage, the alpha brood does about 1.5k base a hit. Unless you got hit about 100-200 times then you shouldnt have almost died, especially in the back. Its as tanky as a very high end rex with the best possible saddle so if it almost died in the back then the rexes in the front should have got all slaughtered, unless you are leaving out a few big details.

It was 100% imprint to the character that wildcard deleted for me with rollback. It had 28k hp and about 489 melee. Didnt have time to comepletely full level it. It had prob about 45 levels in it though. So it was dark (nobody intentionally bringing light pet to island boss fight). It was not imprinted to current char. Comparable hp and melee rexes with good saddles took less dmg. It would have died had i not stopped and started force feeding it. And man you keep saying MAX nobody on official messes around trying to get max level. Our boss rexes normally aint imprinted and absolutely certainly are not max level. 

And another note i tried to take pheremone over to try to claim my reaper and it disappeared out of my inv when i hopped. 

11 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Because to determine accurate probability, you need to have a very large sample size...  

Here's an example:   It's not impossible to flip a coin 10 times and get 6 heads and 4 tails.  Based on these results, you would make the conclusion that when flipping a coin you have a 60% chance of getting heads.  This is an incorrect conclusion because of the small sample size.  As your sample size increases, the odds of the results evening out to 50% are EXTREMELY high.  Yes, you likely will never get EXACTLY 50%, though it's possible, but the larger the sample size, the more likely you are to get closer to exactly 50%.  The exact same thing comes into play with stats on a dino.  A sample size of what we currently have is puny and by no means even remotely close to what's necessary to determine a proper conclusion.  To make a proper conclusion on this matter, because of the number of possible outcomes, we need 1000s of samples.  Truthfully, for a real CONCLUSION, we need millions of samples, but in the 1000s, we can at least determine a trend.

Lol...yes avgs become more accurate with larger sample size. But, what do u consider the whole? The average possible? Or the avg being attained. Further there are other calculations that can improve and validate accuracy. If u look at a bell curve based on predictions and based on your data vs our results it will be very evident that our data correlates more with what should happen than yours. In fact your whole set of data is larger than any we have even found pretty much. 

13 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

I play SP a bit and because it only saves if you press the quit button, i got impregnated, saved before it birthed, and checked, it allows me to birth, check stats, and if they are poorly allocated, do ctrl alt delete (thus not saving) and shut down and log back in to right before the birth thus allowing me to reroll the stats.........

On sp, out of 57 rerolls, i got high end health and melee 2 Times, thats 2 out of 50. That 25/25 good reaper stat thing is impossible. (Also you can disable the sp stat boost on steam but he isnt steam so it dosent help his case what so ever, but if you disable the /bsingleplayersettings [aka sp stat boost, boss arena timer removed, boosted taming, breeding, gathering rates], it makes the stats completely unboosted and default which are the same as official. Not defending the guy thou, he said himself that he cant disable sp mode on his platform[probably xbox] so his stat are most likely boosted)

Also to the banggugyangu guy, even if you get a level 5, if you dont disable sp mode, it buffs the amount wild dinos gain per point to so a level 5 dino with 1 wild point into health with sp mode turned off in the settings will have less health then a dino with 1 wild point into health with sp mode turned on. They must be level 1 for them to MIGHT not be buffed if you do have sp on.

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

Lol...yes avgs become more accurate with larger sample size. But, what do u consider the whole? The average possible? Or the avg being attained. Further there are other calculations that can improve and validate accuracy. If u look at a bell curve based on predictions and based on your data vs our results it will be very evident that our data correlates more with what should happen than yours. In fact your whole set of data is larger than any we have even found pretty much. 

OMG dude.... with how small our sample size, it's even possible that BOTH outcomes could be statistical anomalies...  If the sample size is too small, you don't have a conclusion, you have a sample.  You're also still the only one in this whole argument to not post anything beyond anecdote.

7 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

I play SP a bit and because it only saves if you press the quit button, i got impregnated, saved before it birthed, and checked, it allows me to birth, check stats, and if they are poorly allocated, do ctrl alt delete (thus not saving) and shut down and log back in to right before the birth thus allowing me to reroll the stats.........

On sp, out of 57 rerolls, i got high end health and melee 2 Times, thats 2 out of 50. That 25/25 good reaper stat thing is impossible. (Also you can disable the sp stat boost on steam but he isnt steam so it dosent help his case what so ever, but if you disable the /bsingleplayersettings [aka sp stat boost, boss arena timer removed, boosted taming, breeding, gathering rates], it makes the stats completely unboosted and default which are the same as official. Not defending the guy thou, he said himself that he cant disable sp mode on his platform[probably xbox] so his stat are most likely boosted)

Also to the banggugyangu guy, even if you get a level 5, if you dont disable sp mode, it buffs the amount wild dinos gain per point to so a level 5 dino with 1 wild point into health with sp mode turned off in the settings will have less health then a dino with 1 wild point into health with sp mode turned on. They must be level 1 for them to MIGHT not be buffed if you do have sp on.

As  I have said multiple times... Xbox and UWP both DO NOT HAVE THE single player buff that steam gets to toggle.  It's not that the option to toggle it is missing.   The BUFF is not part of the platform altogether.  I posted single player level 5 wild dino stats screenshots a few posts back.   You can see for yourself that they are exactly the same as official.  If boss timer is part of the single player buff toggle, then I can tell you with 100% certainty that the buff simply doesn't exist in the xbox/uwp.  There's literally no way off xbox/uwp to turn off the boss arena timers that I have found.

Again, though, improbable is NOT the same as impossible.  Unicorn stats are POSSIBLE, but so unlikely that you're probably never going to see them.  That is "improbable" by definition.

25 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

It was 100% imprint to the character that wildcard deleted for me with rollback. It had 28k hp and about 489 melee. Didnt have time to comepletely full level it. It had prob about 45 levels in it though. So it was dark (nobody intentionally bringing light pet to island boss fight). It was not imprinted to current char. Comparable hp and melee rexes with good saddles took less dmg. It would have died had i not stopped and started force feeding it. And man you keep saying MAX nobody on official messes around trying to get max level. Our boss rexes normally aint imprinted and absolutely certainly are not max level. 

And another note i tried to take pheremone over to try to claim my reaper and it disappeared out of my inv when i hopped. 

Didnt you say you had max rexes from the center and why would you not level or imprint them! You should always fully level rexes for a boss. Also 28k hp for a reaper and no rider bonus? Of coarse it almost died, with so little health points pumped (around 35 is how much should be pumped for boss dinos) and no rider bonus (30% extra damage reduction), it would die alot quicker then normal (of coarse a very underleveled reaper with no rider bonus is weaker then somewhat leveled rexes with great saddles, mate boost, rider bonus, and possibly yuty buff, reapers health doubles and there resistance gets a bit better with the bonus and pumping health) . With a poorly leveled no bonus reaper and unimprinted rexes non-max rexes, i can hardly understand how you even won. Even max fully imprinted rexes WITH the sp buff, i get slaughtered by the alpha broodmother. (Only beat her once because i was able to pin her back then) she does thousands of damage in seconds, how did you even win with such underprepared dinos. Did you atleast have a yuty for buffs?

Try it with a high level reaper(215-225) reaper that then had 35 points into health (and 36 into melee) with the rider bonus. Trying it with that poor reaper and saying its bad for bosses is like saying that gigas are weaker then rexes because a alpha rex nearly killed your level 50 tamed giga while your imprinted level 210 rex beat the alpha rex with only minimal to moderate damage done to it health.

37 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Maybe, but what you had described earlier was more akin to flipping the coin 10 times and having it land perfectly balanced on its edge every single time. Stop wasting our time just because you want to be right.

Archived