Reaper King

iAmE

1 hour ago, banggugyangu said:

Please... For the love of God.. Stop talking like you know things when you don't even understand the basics of how the game operates. It is a client/server application. Single player is still a client/server session. The server handles everything in the game. The client simply tells the server (hey, this just happened). The speed buff someone mentioned is just a boolean flag that causes the server to adjust boss health scaling. (BOSS health). You keep arguing the same thing like a broken record and you don't even understand how Stat growth works despite it having been explained SO MANY TIMES in this thread.... The THEORY I have needs to be tested. That theory is in regards to wild level allocation weighting. We need 1000s of tests to determine a conclusion. 

Now.. Let me ask you a question... What purpose would SINGLE PLAYER have for wild reaper queens being weighted to average higher allocation to health and melee? Because I can tell you there is NO weighting on other Dinos. It's a completely RNG matter with equal weighting on all stats, including movement speed. (btw, for discussion on unicorns, I knocked a megalomania out past night, 145. It had 85 movement speed levels... I killed it... Not worth taming something that wasted 2/3 of its levels.) 

And for the last time... I DO NOT PLAY SINGLE PLAYER.... I PLAY ON OFFICIAL

85 points in movement speed.

No.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/17/2018 at 11:44 AM, banggugyangu said:

1:  Reapers aren't really much work to get, honestly.  I have a design for a trap that, while not very resource efficient, is trivial to make and makes impregnation extremely easy. (100% success rate [no structures to be pushed through or for the tail to go through, while being 100% safe from attacks of both the reaper and anything else that may be nearby.]).

Do you have a post or guide to your trap design?  I only play singleplayer, so the only person who can muck up spawn points is me.  But it would be nice to have an idea what I should aim for when I get to the point of trying to get a Reaper, and where might be a good place to put it.  I've been watching videos from Dahl and Slipgater, and while it's entertaining to watch them get wrecked over and over trying to tame reapers, it's not something I want to live through firsthand.  (Purlovias and seekers are apparently an absolute menace if you're trying to tame a reaper, since both can fit through most anything but people doors and shred armor quickly.)

3 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Please... For the love of God.. Stop talking like you know things when you don't even understand the basics of how the game operates. It is a client/server application. Single player is still a client/server session. The server handles everything in the game. The client simply tells the server (hey, this just happened). The speed buff someone mentioned is just a boolean flag that causes the server to adjust boss health scaling. (BOSS health). You keep arguing the same thing like a broken record and you don't even understand how Stat growth works despite it having been explained SO MANY TIMES in this thread.... The THEORY I have needs to be tested. That theory is in regards to wild level allocation weighting. We need 1000s of tests to determine a conclusion. 

Now.. Let me ask you a question... What purpose would SINGLE PLAYER have for wild reaper queens being weighted to average higher allocation to health and melee? Because I can tell you there is NO weighting on other Dinos. It's a completely RNG matter with equal weighting on all stats, including movement speed. (btw, for discussion on unicorns, I knocked a megalomania out past night, 145. It had 85 movement speed levels... I killed it... Not worth taming something that wasted 2/3 of its levels.) 

And for the last time... I DO NOT PLAY SINGLE PLAYER.... I PLAY ON OFFICIAL

Lol man i am a DBA for my job. I was a web developer prior to that i fully understand what client server is. The facts are sp serverside if u will is not the same exact code as official servers. They have other flags turned on and off. Also xbox and other versions are dif code thus dif releases on patches. For somebody who sounds like u understand code a bit, kinda odd u dont aknowledge that 25/25 wouldn't happen without something being dif. Be hard headed if u want. What reaper results do u have on official?

19 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Lol man i am a DBA for my job. I was a web developer prior to that i fully understand what client server is. The facts are sp serverside if u will is not the same exact code as official servers. They have other flags turned on and off. Also xbox and other versions are dif code thus dif releases on patches. For somebody who sounds like u understand code a bit, kinda odd u dont aknowledge that 25/25 wouldn't happen without something being dif. Be hard headed if u want. What reaper results do u have on official?

/sigh... Officials use the same code. They even tell you what version of their code they are running. The flags are NOT differences in code. Flags are (simplified) a boolean function of is this true?  You seem to equate improbable with impossible, which is just stupid. 85 levels in a single Stat is extremely improbably. It's the veritable unicorn. It's the situation that if anyone gets one that has 85 in melee, he will officially have THE GOD of that Dino species. I knocked out a megalo LAST NIGHT with 100 movement speed levels... (calculated the stats, only 60 levels spread across the stats that actually increase, and the majority were food and oxygen as well... It had a whopping 10 hp levels as a 145 wild Dino... 15 melee... It was  very much a useless dino that, based on probability, should never have existed. Despite the extremely low probability, though, (which is FAR lower than 25 spawns having the same 2 stats being reasonably high) it happened. ON OFFICIAL, mind you. 

M

It's the same code, but there are some differences in how that code handles Single Player.  For example, in single player mode, loot beacons can't be used to upload critter or character data, or to create a Tribute portal.  Only the Obelisks (and maybe the Tek Teleporter, don't have it so can't check) and even then, each Obelisk can only create a gate to one of the three bosses.  This is *distinctly* different than in Multiplayer, where loot beacons can still do everything Obelisk terminals can.  And this is an intentional difference, apparently to combat the fact that on multiplayer servers someone can totally be a jerk and box in the portal platforms, blocking all access to them.

If you have the "use single player settings" box checked, tamed critters also have vastly different stat boosts.  When the setting was first added and I turned it on, I loaded my single player game to see every single one of my pets covered in blood.  The setting had altered how their HP was calculated, but not automatically kept them at full health.  So they all looked badly hurt because their total HP had just shot up by something like 30% and they were in the process of regenerating to the new total.

That said, a lot of my existing pets are basically ancient.  Almost all of my flyers predate the Great Flyer Nerf.  If I tried to use them for breeding, the offspring would likely be *way* lower level no matter which stats they got, because the nerf didn't refund wild or affinity levels that got spent on Movement Speed. 

2 hours ago, EmberStar said:

It's the same code, but there are some differences in how that code handles Single Player.  For example, in single player mode, loot beacons can't be used to upload critter or character data, or to create a Tribute portal.  Only the Obelisks (and maybe the Tek Teleporter, don't have it so can't check) and even then, each Obelisk can only create a gate to one of the three bosses.  This is *distinctly* different than in Multiplayer, where loot beacons can still do everything Obelisk terminals can.  And this is an intentional difference, apparently to combat the fact that on multiplayer servers someone can totally be a jerk and box in the portal platforms, blocking all access to them.

If you have the "use single player settings" box checked, tamed critters also have vastly different stat boosts.  When the setting was first added and I turned it on, I loaded my single player game to see every single one of my pets covered in blood.  The setting had altered how their HP was calculated, but not automatically kept them at full health.  So they all looked badly hurt because their total HP had just shot up by something like 30% and they were in the process of regenerating to the new total.

That said, a lot of my existing pets are basically ancient.  Almost all of my flyers predate the Great Flyer Nerf.  If I tried to use them for breeding, the offspring would likely be *way* lower level no matter which stats they got, because the nerf didn't refund wild or affinity levels that got spent on Movement Speed. 

Supply beacons are entities spawned by the server. The contents therein are handled by the server, not the client. The inability to upload via supply beacons on single player is a result of the entity being spawned not having the capability. It's very likely that when they added that ability to supply beacons, they created a flag that tested online or offline server status and only added the capability to online servers. The tribute terminal contents are also spawned by the server. What difficulty setting do you have set for your single player. I usually use a max difficulty, even for testing, and I've tested things in alpha bosses on single player. 

4 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

/sigh... Officials use the same code. They even tell you what version of their code they are running. The flags are NOT differences in code. Flags are (simplified) a boolean function of is this true?  You seem to equate improbable with impossible, which is just stupid. 85 levels in a single Stat is extremely improbably. It's the veritable unicorn. It's the situation that if anyone gets one that has 85 in melee, he will officially have THE GOD of that Dino species. I knocked out a megalo LAST NIGHT with 100 movement speed levels... (calculated the stats, only 60 levels spread across the stats that actually increase, and the majority were food and oxygen as well... It had a whopping 10 hp levels as a 145 wild Dino... 15 melee... It was  very much a useless dino that, based on probability, should never have existed. Despite the extremely low probability, though, (which is FAR lower than 25 spawns having the same 2 stats being reasonably high) it happened. ON OFFICIAL, mind you. 

M

One spawn makes sense dude. 25/25 absolutely does not. Sp is dif code man. Dif code. When it tells u ur code version.... that is ur client version doesnt mean jack about ur sp.

Now i have a new problem since wc deleted my char. I joined some friends on a server to get my tekgrams back. Went to leave and unclaimed reaper left tribe and reaper not claimable. Claim option greyed out so i guess bc this is a new char and the parent char is deleted this reaper will just go poof. And by the way alpha brood rekt the reaper. I wasnt even in the front and almost died.

4 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

One spawn makes sense dude. 25/25 absolutely does not. Sp is dif code man. Dif code. When it tells u ur code version.... that is ur client version doesnt mean jack about ur sp.

Now i have a new problem since wc deleted my char. I joined some friends on a server to get my tekgrams back. Went to leave and unclaimed reaper left tribe and reaper not claimable. Claim option greyed out so i guess bc this is a new char and the parent char is deleted this reaper will just go poof. And by the way alpha brood rekt the reaper. I wasnt even in the front and almost died.

Nope, this is intended. You cannot claim stuff anymore like that. It's a "server"  thing

Simplest way to test it and put this argument to rest:

1) Get a disposable tame on an official server

2) Record it's stats and transfer it into your SP game

3) Make sure that the single-player checkbox is unchecked and that everything is set to default settings

If the stats remain the same then default settings = official.

7 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

3) Make sure that the single-player checkbox is unchecked and that everything is set to default settings

Been there, done that, still got debated to death that it's "not real"

20 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

noob question here... can you actually transfer from official to sp? huh.

11 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

/sigh..... Yes.. You do see your client version number in the bottom left... You're correct there. However, when you go to the server list, you see the server version with the server status. Also, you said client version doesn't mean jack about single player? Are you high? 

For your claiming problem, eat a pheromone. It should give you the option to claim. 

Let's play "Official or Single Player!"  I have a few screenshots.   @bigfishrob tell me which of these is from single player and which is from official.  Post your reasons why you believe one way or the other.

Screenshot 1:  Level 5 Aberrant dodo

https://imgur.com/a/VN1ig

Screenshot 2:  Level 5 Aberrant Dodo

https://imgur.com/a/mv0rA

Screenshot 3:  Level 5 Rex

https://imgur.com/a/orLpf

18 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Let's play "Official or Single Player!"  I have a few screenshots.   @bigfishrob tell me which of these is from single player and which is from official.  Post your reasons why you believe one way or the other.

Screenshot 1:  Level 5 Aberrant dodo

https://imgur.com/a/VN1ig

Screenshot 2:  Level 5 Aberrant Dodo

https://imgur.com/a/mv0rA

Screenshot 3:  Level 5 Rex

https://imgur.com/a/orLpf

All three are single player.

Reasons all three list day 1....LOL

4 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

You're correct. they're all single player.  Notice the stats, though?  Did you try to calculate them?  Here's a hint.   They're  IDENTICAL to official stats.  Funny how that works, huh.

please screenshot equiv on OFFICIAL. and add about 5 points in a stat on each and screen shot again.

How do you think stat gains work?  How do you think they work on official vs single player?  I wouldn't need to add 5 points in each stat to prove anything... Once the dino is tamed, EVERY level you give it in ANY stat will be the same no matter how many level ups you've given it in that stat already....  You really have no idea how stats work in this game, do you?  Also.. once again... we ALREADY KNOW what the stat gains are for BASICALLY EVERY dino on official.   They're already listed on the wiki.  The wiki's info on stats is correct...  If you look at the screenshots, you can tell that the 3 knocked out dinos (they're wild, level 5, and knocked out by normal means) all have level ups that line up exactly with the wiki's info for OFFICIAL rates.  (The rex has 2 health levels [1100 base health (level 1 health) + 220 + 220 (each wild level is 220 health) = 1540]).  To explain how post tame levels work,  if that rex were to stand up tamed with no further WEIGHT levels,  it would gain 4% of its standing weight per post-tame level up in weight.  This would be 20.4 weight per level.  If it gained another wild level through taming efficiency bonus, it would stand up with 520 weight instead and the 4% would be 20.8 weight per level.  You won't gain 20.8 one level and 21 the next.... It's gonna be the same 20.8 per level EVERY LEVEL if its stand-up weight is 520.  EVERY STAT on the dino works this way (just with different rates for the different stats.)  Please, so we can get on the same page... Tell me how you believe the stat gains work for wild and tamed levels.

1 minute ago, banggugyangu said:

How do you think stat gains work?  How do you think they work on official vs single player?  I wouldn't need to add 5 points in each stat to prove anything... Once the dino is tamed, EVERY level you give it in ANY stat will be the same no matter how many level ups you've given it in that stat already....  You really have no idea how stats work in this game, do you?  Also.. once again... we ALREADY KNOW what the stat gains are for BASICALLY EVERY dino on official.   They're already listed on the wiki.  The wiki's info on stats is correct...  If you look at the screenshots, you can tell that the 3 knocked out dinos (they're wild, level 5, and knocked out by normal means) all have level ups that line up exactly with the wiki's info for OFFICIAL rates.  (The rex has 2 health levels [1100 base health (level 1 health) + 220 + 220 (each wild level is 220 health) = 1540]).  To explain how post tame levels work,  if that rex were to stand up tamed with no further WEIGHT levels,  it would gain 4% of its standing weight per post-tame level up in weight.  This would be 20.4 weight per level.  If it gained another wild level through taming efficiency bonus, it would stand up with 520 weight instead and the 4% would be 20.8 weight per level.  You won't gain 20.8 one level and 21 the next.... It's gonna be the same 20.8 per level EVERY LEVEL if its stand-up weight is 520.  EVERY STAT on the dino works this way (just with different rates for the different stats.)  Please, so we can get on the same page... Tell me how you believe the stat gains work for wild and tamed levels.

If the increases are minor buffs you will not see the dif as easily with low levels and few points bc of rounding when displaying the stats. And if this is so easy.... get the other screenshots and prove it.

If the differences are so miniscule that it wouldn't show in the 10ths place on a single level up, then it would NEVER cause a disparity that you're claiming.  EVER.  Here's the thing.  ARK doesn't do any rounding.  It merely drops off the extra decimal places in the display.  That means that if there IS a disparity that takes 5 level ups to make any visible difference, that would have at most a 1.0 difference at 50 levels.  That's the difference between 350% melee damage and 351% melee damage at 50 levels on the rex... EVEN IF that is the case... you could arguably STILL claim official rates at that point.  Also,  at .14x giving the results you see in those screenshots, for there to be a disparity that would take 5 level ups to be visible, the rate would be .14056x.  Heck... for a disparity that would show up in 2 levels, the rate would still have to be .1414x.  At .1428x, the disparity would show up after a single level up.

Archived