Reaper King

iAmE

4 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Boss difficulty is merely a scaling factor based on a flag of (isSinglePlayer) [likely not what the actual flag is called, but this is the idea].  That's also an irrelevant change, though.  I already covered differences in what I experienced vs what was stated by others on official.  Sample size.  BOTH sample sizes are far to small to make any accurate conclusions.  As I mentioned, it would need to be 1000s of samples to come to a somewhat accurate conclusion on the matter.  I will say, though, that while this is also much too small to make a conclusion, when  I was testing the wild stat growth rates of SP vs official, of the ~15 level 2 reapers  I spawned in, 10 of them were either HP or melee leveled, which is why I had to spawn so many just to test each stat.   That's a pretty high number for what should be a 2/7 chance if all stats were equally weighted, even being a small sample size.  In all honesty, it would make sense to do something along these lines, being that there's no chance for breeding better stats in.  It's also significantly more difficult and time consuming that getting the next down the difficulty list, which is the rock drake, even though reapers aren't terribly difficult to obtain anyway.

So how can you claim your rudimentary testing(which i have been given zero evidence it has actually been done and noted) is not an irreleevant and highly unlikely coincidence of stats aligning. certainly you havent tamed 1000 level 5 dodos for testing. Further, based on your claim you will most likely NEVER prove it to be the same for official vs sp for reapers bc nobody is getting 1000 reapers on official. My tribe has probably gotten an above avg number and we will never reach 1000.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigfishrob said:

So how can you claim your rudimentary testing(which i have been given zero evidence it has actually been done and noted) is not an irreleevant and highly unlikely coincidence of stats aligning. certainly you havent tamed 1000 level 5 dodos for testing. Further, based on your claim you will most likely NEVER prove it to be the same for official vs sp for reapers bc nobody is getting 1000 reapers on official. My tribe has probably gotten an above avg number and we will never reach 1000.

Because 1000 level 5 dodos aren't needed for testing.   No one is questioning a dodo's stats or whether or not there is any form of level distribution weighting on wild dodos.  Furthermore, the stats we have for dodos came from people doing repeated and repeatable tests.  You can tame any dodo, calculate what its levels went into at knockout, and confirm every piece of info in the wiki with that dodo.   It doesn't matter which dodo you use.  The reaper is new territory with limited testing already having been done.  Also,  When did I ever claim anything I've said to be fact?  I've stated MANY times that it's theory.  You're acting like I've attempted to state facts this whole time and I never once have done that.   (Except in the method of figuring out what official settings actually are.   That part IS fact.  Calculate those settings using tests.  Simple process.)  I simply posted my own experience through some rudimentary tests and said that further testing needs to be done.

2 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

In the end of legacy there were adjustments specifically to bosses to adjust the difficulty to make it more possible for a person on solo play. You have plenty of access to look back through those notes. And like i said if your claim is the weighting would be in general and not just in single player then you still have 0 theory even to explain your phenomenal results vs what official is receiving.

Also there are very good reason for values to be different on SP vs official. mainly being is the method of play is solo, whereas official is geared around multiple ppl working together.

They removed the boss neef for sp. On official, alpha broodmother has 975k health and takes heavily reduced damage and on sp, alpha broodmother also has 975k hp and takes heavily reduced damage, with only one person, even with the stat buff on sp, it nearly impossible to beat the boss. Even if you like to cheat and triple imprint stat gain to 60% (syntac), you will barley survive against the alpha broodmother with only 1/5 health left. On normal sp you will die. 

Dont know why they disabled it but then again they made oil pumps not work for sp and removed tek rep crafting/boss summoning/ transfering from supply drops on sp, makes aberration very annoying because you can inly use the obilisk which most dinos cant reach and even then, they are usually on fire anyway and getting to the one in the element area is hard,and insanely annoying for making a tek rep or trying to transfer a dino. Also they have yet to fix charge nodes, on official, you can craft at 20 nodes and 1 hour later, you can craft at all 20 again but on SP, if you craft at 20 nodes, you will never be able to craft at any of them again unless you stand by each one and wait an hour at each one for it to recharge. While you can. Get up to 50 element an hour on official, on sp, you can only get 3 a hour. They love to screw over sp.

Also,you can disable the SP stat buffs un the settings. It changes them to default/official stats.

6 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

They removed the boss neef for sp. On official, alpha broodmother has 975k health and takes heavily reduced damage and on sp, alpha broodmother also has 975k hp and takes heavily reduced damage, with only one person, even with the stat buff on sp, it nearly impossible to beat the boss. Even if you like to cheat and triple imprint stat gain to 60% (syntac), you will barley survive against the alpha broodmother with only 1/5 health left. On normal sp you will die. 

Dont know why they disabled it but then again they made oil pumps not work for sp and removed tek rep crafting/boss summoning/ transfering from supply drops on sp, makes aberration very annoying because you can inly use the obilisk which most dinos cant reach and even then, they are usually on fire anyway and getting to the one in the element area is hard,and insanely annoying for making a tek rep or trying to transfer a dino.

Also,you can disable the SP stat buffs un the settings. It changes them to default/official stats.

What do you mean oil pumps dont work, and no crafting in drops? Are you saying now that there are programmatic differences between sp and official? I thought you and Bingo bango here said there was no programmatic differences????? If there are programmed differences enabling or disabling things then their could potentially be programmatic differences in what stats you get(maybe a weighting increase on hp and melee perhaps).

Also can you link the update by chance that changed the boss nerf? i know the last time we popped up sp for testing boss fight groups it still seemed easier than official.

6 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

What do you mean oil pumps dont work, and no crafting in drops? Are you saying now that there are programmatic differences between sp and official? I thought you and Bingo bango here said there was no programmatic differences????? If there are programmed differences enabling or disabling things then their could potentially be programmatic differences in what stats you get(maybe a weighting increase on hp and melee perhaps).

You can turn off the buffs to stats but the oil and node things are just bugs that they never fix, the supply drop thing is hardcoded but not the dino buffs, you can disable those in the settings.

I Never said there were no differences, just that you can disable the sp stat buffs in the settings which makes them official/default non buffed stats once you disable it.

What i said is that you can disable the buffs by unchecking the SP mode buff setting in the options to make them the default/ official stats, i  wasnt talking about all differences, just stat ones and how they can be disabled. The other differences are bugs or hardcoded and cant be disabled but the stat buff which is what we wwre talking about, can be disabled.

7 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

This must be a steam only thing.  I've never seen any setting for that.  (Perhaps the stat buffs for SP that you speak of are only on steam version?)

So....lol ok...So programming differences appear to be sp vs official on pc....... more than likely the same thing on xbox for sp vs official. There are hard coded programmatic differences...... but ppl want to infer the same stats occur on all systems. If you were even remotely being logical you would concede that maybe your system and platform has slightly different rates potentially than what official pc has.

2 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

This must be a steam only thing.  I've never seen any setting for that.  (Perhaps the stat buffs for SP that you speak of are only on steam version?)

Its in the steam version, you click play local/sp and then it takes you to a area were you pick the map/save you want to play and on the right is the mod section for enabling/disabling mods and on the left is the setting for xp rate, tame rate, breeding rate, hatch rate, friendly fire toggle, pve setting toggle, SP mode buff toggle, tamed dino/wild dino/player stat sliders ( i never touch those but you can use them to boost the stats of different things, fun for if you are playing moded and need to balance a mod meant for pve trube raids like annunaki because the bosses in it are meant for many people) and cave flyer toggle, cave damage toggle, raid dino feed toggle, etc.

10 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

So....lol ok...So programming differences appear to be sp vs official on pc....... more than likely the same thing on xbox for sp vs official. There are hard coded programmatic differences...... but ppl want to infer the same stats occur on all systems. If you were even remotely being logical you would concede that maybe your system and platform has slightly different rates potentially than what official pc has.

Well on steam pc, you can disable the stat buffs which makes them official pc stats which but according to him, he is playing on a different platform that cant disable the buffs like me..... soooooo yaaaaaa umm, well his stats maybe buffed and hardcoded thus making his argument have many many flaws but at least he tried :D . Not everyone has the privilege of being able to disable/enable buffs like steam but atleast they never give up :D

6 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

lol i have carried many a fool and made many gold from wow carries. when the token for gold came out i was paid up for a year off mythic carries. Anyhow i dont think the mega is viewed as the underdog here anyhow. since arb mega has become very favored. I think the mobility of the mega would be the disadvantage for a sit tank. they really cant dodge much. We did boss on gamma again to test more and get my crafter the pod bed unlocked. Right now the best combo is drakes with shotgun riders. a designated 1-2 gas ball shooters with an ar and one high dmg drake for add control. We tried with gas shooters and it made it exceptionally easier. we did 4 ppl with 4 drakes and 2 designated gas ball shooters, two for tentacles and boss. only thing that built up was an accumulation of reapers and nameless so at one point we pulled up together and mass killed the nameless and reapers as a clean up. went smooth. 

As a plus for the reaper i delivered some rock eles on my se server to deal with some pricks. I took my tank reaper with 45k hp. i tanked and kited 3 rock eles for 45 mins and only took about 9k dmg.  As long as they will fit we going to take a couple into the alpha tek cave and see how they fair with knocking gigas and adds off the path. Has anyone tested walking them in the tek cave? saw one video but the guy just spawned it into the cave which is no use. 

That's one thing I foresee changing with the Reapers. I can't imagine they'll go too much longer without a bonk from the balance bat on other maps. Truth be told I'm not entirely sure how they'd do it (perhaps a differently level of armor reduction under "natural" sunlight?) but before long we'll probably be seeing some pretty stern complaints about Reapers being overly OP on non-Aberration maps. 

As for the tek cave, I can't see any reason the knockback wouldn't work...but I haven't tried walking one in there. I might give it a shot this weekend. The unofficial cluster I've been spending most of my time on lately has Island, Rag, Aberration, and likely soon Scorched Earth again. (We backed up our SE save and swapped to Aberration at release, so it will be nice to have that back) It's really just a science and long-term chillout cluster for friends and testing stuff. I'll let you know what happens if I get to trying it before you do.

Side note, have you tried metal arrows on the gas balls? I still haven't checked if they actually do damage to the balls. The compound bow has been thus far my favorite boss fight weapon. A bow and a Reaper seems like it could be pretty effective. (Not that it'll peel me away from my rock drakes, lol)

11 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

That's one thing I foresee changing with the Reapers. I can't imagine they'll go too much longer without a bonk from the balance bat on other maps. Truth be told I'm not entirely sure how they'd do it (perhaps a differently level of armor reduction under "natural" sunlight?) but before long we'll probably be seeing some pretty stern complaints about Reapers being overly OP on non-Aberration maps. 

As for the tek cave, I can't see any reason the knockback wouldn't work...but I haven't tried walking one in there. I might give it a shot this weekend. The unofficial cluster I've been spending most of my time on lately has Island, Rag, Aberration, and likely soon Scorched Earth again. (We backed up our SE save and swapped to Aberration at release, so it will be nice to have that back) It's really just a science and long-term chillout cluster for friends and testing stuff. I'll let you know what happens if I get to trying it before you do.

Side note, have you tried metal arrows on the gas balls? I still haven't checked if they actually do damage to the balls. The compound bow has been thus far my favorite boss fight weapon. A bow and a Reaper seems like it could be pretty effective. (Not that it'll peel me away from my rock drakes, lol)

Why does everyone worry about the giga? Even thouva wild giga can kill 1 breed rex, in the cave you have 50 breed rexes, with each one hitting for almost 1k a second, thats almost 50k damage every second, wild gigas only have 80k health, thing would be dead before its bleed has a chance to do any actual damage.

2 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Why does everyone worry about the giga? Even thouva wild giga can kill 1 breed rex, in the cave you have 50 breed rexes, with each one hitting for almost 1k a second, thats almost 50k damage every second, wild gigas only have 80k health, thing would be dead before its bleed has a chance to do any actual damage.

Dude i dunno what you tripping on but them gigas are a major threat and secondly if you manage to get 50 rexes in the tek cave you have made quite an accomplishment. we have went with a full crew of 10 and even at that getting our 20-25ish rexes in before timer and before fighting things is a chore. Also when you are working your way through you only have room for maybe 3-4 rexes in direct contact so unless you wanna watch 3-4 rexes die  on each giga you dont fight em in there.

20 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I anticipate any projectile would work though metal arrows seems really expensive. We like the ar it only takes a couple bullets to pop em ez so makes it cheaper and holds a solid amount of ammo.

36 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

There is no setting in the server settings of UWP/xbox for a  "Single Player buff" of any sort.  You can't toggle that on or off. AT THE SAME TIME, as I have said MULTIPLE TIMES, DEFAULT SETTINGS on UWP and  XBOX line up with the KNOWN STAT GROWTH RATES FOR OFFICIAL based on TESTING that I did FOUR DAYS AGO.  I don't know why you keep refuting this... it's EASY to test.  So as I was saying to @TigerH99, Perhaps the SP buff was something that simply didn't get added to xbox/UWP.  I don't actually PLAY single player, but  I've run private servers, and know the settings quite well.  The "SP buff" toggle has never been on Xbox or UWP, and I have never seen any Xbox/UWP patch notes ever hint at any single player specific changes, except for tethering (mainly the tether being removed from the xbox one x version.

Because you seem to have difficulty understanding this, I'll explain with the real numbers again.

Level 1 reaper king tamed under default settings (the affinity bonuses being the only bonuses received). gives 6500 health and 175% melee damage (100 and the multiplicative 75% affinity bonus).  A level 1 reaper king BORN on default settings (the natural way you acquire one) has EXACTLY the same stats.  This proves that a forcetame only gives the affinity bonuses (as forcetame NEVER gives bonus levels).  Now, the OFFICIAL melee growth per WILD level is 3.75  DAMAGE or 5% melee damage.  A reaper king with a SINGLE melee level will net you 78.5 damage pre-affinity/imprint or 105% melee damage.  AFTER affinity bonus, that same 78.5 will jump to 137.375 damage or 183.75% damage.  You can confirm this by tracking down reaper queens at level 5 until you find one with 1 melee damage, if you like.   I dont' care if you do or not, those are still the OFFICIAL stat growth.  This is ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS.   Now here's the key part.   Pay close attention to this.  I spawned a level 2 reaper.  It had a single melee level.  After forcetame it was ... get this.... 183.7% damage (ARK doesn't display beyond the first decimal place).  Funny how that lines up...  Then I spawned a wild queen at level 2.   I had it impregnate my character.  Reaper was born,  no melee level.  I REPEATED that process until one was born WITH a melee level.  Eventually.... Guess what I found... 183.7% damage.  That was single player with default stats.  It lines up EXACTLY with the information we have readily available that was simply found via calculations.  It will line up EXACTLY with other tests using other dinos that don't even have affinities, to rule those out.  If you want to continue to argue this point, do your own tests and post what you find. 

Side note:  Reaper buff patch notes said  "Massively increased tamed reaper stats" and a 75% multiplicative affinity to melee damage is indeed a massive improvement.  It's literally multiplying the final damage by 1.75.  This takes the once 75 base damage up to 131.25 and the wild level growth up to 6.5625 per level.  That puts them solidly in the #2 position of the whole game as far as melee damage goes.  Unfortunately, without breeding capability, it's still hard to make it the most useful on the map.

31 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

If you can potentially defeat a mechanic with no risk and no time, it's typically favorable to any other strategy and worth attempting...but no one's stopping you from continuing to bring your 50 bred rexes into the tek cave to handle gigas. It wouldn't be the first time I didn't understand your rationale. To each his own I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

There is no setting in the server settings of UWP/xbox for a  "Single Player buff" of any sort.  You can't toggle that on or off. AT THE SAME TIME, as I have said MULTIPLE TIMES, DEFAULT SETTINGS on UWP and  XBOX line up with the KNOWN STAT GROWTH RATES FOR OFFICIAL based on TESTING that I did FOUR DAYS AGO.  I don't know why you keep refuting this... it's EASY to test.  So as I was saying to @TigerH99, Perhaps the SP buff was something that simply didn't get added to xbox/UWP.  I don't actually PLAY single player, but  I've run private servers, and know the settings quite well.  The "SP buff" toggle has never been on Xbox or UWP, and I have never seen any Xbox/UWP patch notes ever hint at any single player specific changes, except for tethering (mainly the tether being removed from the xbox one x version.

Because you seem to have difficulty understanding this, I'll explain with the real numbers again.

Level 1 reaper king tamed under default settings (the affinity bonuses being the only bonuses received). gives 6500 health and 175% melee damage (100 and the multiplicative 75% affinity bonus).  A level 1 reaper king BORN on default settings (the natural way you acquire one) has EXACTLY the same stats.  This proves that a forcetame only gives the affinity bonuses (as forcetame NEVER gives bonus levels).  Now, the OFFICIAL melee growth per WILD level is 3.75  DAMAGE or 5% melee damage.  A reaper king with a SINGLE melee level will net you 78.5 damage pre-affinity/imprint or 105% melee damage.  AFTER affinity bonus, that same 78.5 will jump to 137.375 damage or 183.75% damage.  You can confirm this by tracking down reaper queens at level 5 until you find one with 1 melee damage, if you like.   I dont' care if you do or not, those are still the OFFICIAL stat growth.  This is ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS.   Now here's the key part.   Pay close attention to this.  I spawned a level 2 reaper.  It had a single melee level.  After forcetame it was ... get this.... 183.7% damage (ARK doesn't display beyond the first decimal place).  Funny how that lines up...  Then I spawned a wild queen at level 2.   I had it impregnate my character.  Reaper was born,  no melee level.  I REPEATED that process until one was born WITH a melee level.  Eventually.... Guess what I found... 183.7% damage.  That was single player with default stats.  It lines up EXACTLY with the information we have readily available that was simply found via calculations.  It will line up EXACTLY with other tests using other dinos that don't even have affinities, to rule those out.  If you want to continue to argue this point, do your own tests and post what you find. 

Side note:  Reaper buff patch notes said  "Massively increased tamed reaper stats" and a 75% multiplicative affinity to melee damage is indeed a massive improvement.  It's literally multiplying the final damage by 1.75.  This takes the once 75 base damage up to 131.25 and the wild level growth up to 6.5625 per level.  That puts them solidly in the #2 position of the whole game as far as melee damage goes.  Unfortunately, without breeding capability, it's still hard to make it the most useful on the map.

hey bud where is you taming ect of a wild level 1 reaper on official? ohhh wait... bc it dont exist. so you have almost zero or zero testing of comparing legitimate reaper acquisition on official settings? How about you go aquire level 5 reapers on sp, and go aquire level 5 reapers on official until you have same values. screen shot those with your settings in view so we know you are not just making more stuff up. Then apply one point melee each and screenshot those again with your settings and server info in view and then you actually would have proof. This however still wont prove there is no preference of wild applied stats for sp that are not there for official. And if there is not a setting to turn off sp mode...... maybe your default is sp mode.

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

Dude i dunno what you tripping on but them gigas are a major threat and secondly if you manage to get 50 rexes in the tek cave you have made quite an accomplishment. we have went with a full crew of 10 and even at that getting our 20-25ish rexes in before timer and before fighting things is a chore. Also when you are working your way through you only have room for maybe 3-4 rexes in direct contact so unless you wanna watch 3-4 rexes die  on each giga you dont fight em in there.

I anticipate any projectile would work though metal arrows seems really expensive. We like the ar it only takes a couple bullets to pop em ez so makes it cheaper and holds a solid amount of ammo.

Why would you not go in with max? It may take practice but 50 should be managable. Btw it the red mushrooms that are causing me to trip.

53 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

If you can potentially defeat a mechanic with no risk and no time, it's typically favorable to any other strategy and worth attempting...but no one's stopping you from continuing to bring your 50 bred rexes into the tek cave to handle gigas. It wouldn't be the first time I didn't understand your rationale. To each his own I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just saying it should be easy to do it considering the dps, i never personally got that far because some way or another my rexes go running off the side because of some **** kapro and all die in lava, 13 tries at the tek cave, 35 rexes each try, and each try ends up with 34 rexes in the lava excludig the one im riding, the most difficult thing about the cave is the darn lava, its insanely hard trying to make them not throw themselves in with there horrible ai. They really really REALLY need to add barriers.

51 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

hey bud where is you taming ect of a wild level 1 reaper on official? ohhh wait... bc it dont exist. so you have almost zero or zero testing of comparing legitimate reaper acquisition on official settings? How about you go aquire level 5 reapers on sp, and go aquire level 5 reapers on official until you have same values. screen shot those with your settings in view so we know you are not just making more stuff up. Then apply one point melee each and screenshot those again with your settings and server info in view and then you actually would have proof. This however still wont prove there is no preference of wild applied stats for sp that are not there for official. And if there is not a setting to turn off sp mode...... maybe your default is sp mode.

It most likely is for him, all of sp hasthe buff on every platform, ifhe diesnt have the option to disable it on his platform like mine then its most likely hardcoded for him and the perment default.

5 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Why would you not go in with max? It may take practice but 50 should be manageable. Btw it the red mushrooms that are causing me to trip.

bc you have limited time and limited space and about a thousand places in there that ai rexes will disappear in lava. There are other bosses like manticore that too many is a burden and reduces success. I aint sure you can get 50 rexes in the cave. they have to go single file through the narrow door, and not much room to park them to go walk another rex in. You most certainly wont get them in with ai follow.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:26 PM, bigfishrob said:

Why can you not understand this...? The level of the DINOSAUR isn't what matters when testing whether or not official rates and default settings vary. The actual increases PER LEVEL are what matter. The fact that a level 1 reaper doesn't exist on official is... Listen closely.... IRRELEVANT. Level 1 stats are UNCHANGEABLE. They're the same no matter what settings you use. The ONLY part you can change is the Stat growth from beyond level 1. I'm using level one for testing to REDUCE THE NUMBER OF VARIABLES. Why is that confusing, unless you have no idea on how Dino Stat growth actually works. If that's the case then PLEASE stop commenting about it. If you DO understand Dino Stat growth, then this should make sense to you. There's nothing special about official. Mimicking official is simply a matter of finding the settings values. Those values are the default values, with the exception of difficulty. Difficulty is irrelevant, as it only affects Dino levels and drop quality. Dino level is irrelevant, because Dino level doesn't have any impact on Stat growth rate. I'll spell this out one last time and then if you still don't properly understand, I'm done responding to you at all. 

Dinos have base stats (their level 1 stats) that cannot be altered. 

Dinos gain a specific amount of each Stat per level in the wild. This amount doesn't change based on how many levels they have in that one Stat already, it's a linear increase. (example, reaper queen's gain 234 health per wild level on top of their base 45000.) a level 2 reaper queen with that level put into health will be 45234. A level 5 reaper queen with only 1 health level will have 45234 health. A level 5 reaper queen with 2 health levels will have 45468 (45000 + 234 + 234). If your single player reaper queen's gain 234 health per wild level, you have official rates on wild health gains. 

Reaper kings gain the stats of the queen that impregnate you with 2 known exceptions. There is a 38500 health reduction and a 75% increase in total melee damage when the reaper king is born. 

The same level 5 queen with 1 health level will give you a baby that will be born with 6734 health. (45000 + 234 - 38500).

Wild reaper queens on official gain 3.75 melee damage per level. Wild reaper queen's on single player with DEFAULT settings gain 3.75 melee damage per level. Again... This doesn't matter what actual level the reaper queen shows. It could be level 2 or level 150. If the reaper queen has a single MELEE level, it will show 105% and deal 78.75 damage. When the baby is born it will have 183.725% damage. ((100% + 5%{3.75 is 5% of 75} * 1.75 {affinity bonus}). This is the real thing that happens with official stats. A reaper queen on official with a single melee level. Again... It does not matter what level the reaper queen actually is, as long as only ONE of those levels went into melee...

This is why your responses are so irritating.. You're acting like because the lowest percentage el that spawns on official is level 5, that my tests are invalid... That is ignorance of how the game actually works in this regard. Get a proper understanding about the matter before you respond. 

7 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Why can you not understand this...? The level of the DINOSAUR isn't what matters when testing whether or not official rates and default settings vary. The actual increases PER LEVEL are what matter. The fact that a level 1 reaper doesn't exist on official is... Listen closely.... IRRELEVANT. Level 1 stats are UNCHANGEABLE. They're the same no matter what settings you use. The ONLY part you can change is the Stat growth from beyond level 1. I'm using level one for testing to REDUCE THE NUMBER OF VARIABLES. Why is that confusing, unless you have no idea on how Dino Stat growth actually works. If that's the case then PLEASE stop commenting about it. If you DO understand Dino Stat growth, then this should make sense to you. There's nothing special about official. Mimicking official is simply a matter of finding the settings values. Those values are the default values, with the exception of difficulty. Difficulty is irrelevant, as it only affects Dino levels and drop quality. Dino level is irrelevant, because Dino level doesn't have any impact on Stat growth rate. I'll spell this out one last time and then if you still don't properly understand, I'm done responding to you at all. 

Dinos have base stats (their level 1 stats) that cannot be altered. 

Dinos gain a specific amount of each Stat per level in the wild. This amount doesn't change based on how many levels they have in that one Stat already, it's a linear increase. (example, reaper queen's gain 234 health per wild level on top of their base 45000.) a level 2 reaper queen with that level put into health will be 45234. A level 5 reaper queen with only 1 health level will have 45234 health. A level 5 reaper queen with 2 health levels will have 45468 (45000 + 234 + 234). If your single player reaper queen's gain 234 health per wild level, you have official rates on wild health gains. 

Reaper kings gain the stats of the queen that impregnate you with 2 known exceptions. There is a 38500 health reduction and a 75% increase in total melee damage when the reaper king is born. 

The same level 5 queen with 1 health level will give you a baby that will be born with 6734 health. (45000 + 234 - 38500).

Wild reaper queens on official gain 3.75 melee damage per level. Wild reaper queen's on single player with DEFAULT settings gain 3.75 melee damage per level. Again... This doesn't matter what actual level the reaper queen shows. It could be level 2 or level 150. If the reaper queen has a single MELEE level, it will show 105% and deal 78.75 damage. When the baby is born it will have 183.725% damage. ((100% + 5%{3.75 is 5% of 75} * 1.75 {affinity bonus}). This is the real thing that happens with official stats. A reaper queen on official with a single melee level. Again... It does not matter what level the reaper queen actually is, as long as only ONE of those levels went into melee...

This is why your responses are so irritating.. You're acting like because the lowest percentage el that spawns on official is level 5, that my tests are invalid... That is ignorance of how the game actually works in this regard. Get a proper understanding about the matter before you respond. 

Maybe it is your system bc clearly official does not get the stat rolls u claim. All u have is a bunch of theory. You have provided no evidence that there is no hard coded increase or stat allocations that go on in sp. You want to think and claim it is just like official so u dont feel like u are cheating in an easier environment. 

Maybe the higher numbers u are getting are bc of ur system type. Clearly there are hard coded things programatically dif in sp than official. Come do it on official man and u can see how much easier sp is then. I have played both already and left sp bc it was too easy (with so called default settings)

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

Maybe it is your system bc clearly official does not get the stat rolls u claim. All u have is a bunch of theory. You have provided no evidence that there is no hard coded increase or stat allocations that go on in sp. You want to think and claim it is just like official so u dont feel like u are cheating in an easier environment. 

Maybe the higher numbers u are getting are bc of ur system type. Clearly there are hard coded things programatically dif in sp than official. Come do it on official man and u can see how much easier sp is then. I have played both already and left sp bc it was too easy (with so called default settings)

Please... For the love of God.. Stop talking like you know things when you don't even understand the basics of how the game operates. It is a client/server application. Single player is still a client/server session. The server handles everything in the game. The client simply tells the server (hey, this just happened). The speed buff someone mentioned is just a boolean flag that causes the server to adjust boss health scaling. (BOSS health). You keep arguing the same thing like a broken record and you don't even understand how Stat growth works despite it having been explained SO MANY TIMES in this thread.... The THEORY I have needs to be tested. That theory is in regards to wild level allocation weighting. We need 1000s of tests to determine a conclusion. 

Now.. Let me ask you a question... What purpose would SINGLE PLAYER have for wild reaper queens being weighted to average higher allocation to health and melee? Because I can tell you there is NO weighting on other Dinos. It's a completely RNG matter with equal weighting on all stats, including movement speed. (btw, for discussion on unicorns, I knocked a megalomania out past night, 145. It had 85 movement speed levels... I killed it... Not worth taming something that wasted 2/3 of its levels.) 

And for the last time... I DO NOT PLAY SINGLE PLAYER.... I PLAY ON OFFICIAL

Archived