Reaper King

iAmE

14 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Reapers are best for melee (megalos are better at melee but only if you ride them but if you do, you cant shoot so no megalos) but you must have rock drakes to ride because they allow you to shoot. Players rider drakes and shot while unridden reapers attack the tenticules and boss. Just reapers is bad because of orbs but just rock drakes is bad because they dont have good dps and are squishy compared to many other dino.

Bringing a rock drake and light pet for each player so they can weaken the boss minions and dodge/shoot the orbs (1 drake per player, pet is optional) while filling up the remaining spots with reapers to whistle onto the boss and tenticules for extra dps.

The dps aint that fantastic on the tentacles IMO. best use for reapers is a distraction tank. hell mine tanked 6 reapers for a while no problem.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

The dps aint that fantastic on the tentacles IMO. best use for reapers is a distraction tank. hell mine tanked 6 reapers for a while no problem.

I feel like tamed reapers can be useful on that fight, but I'm not sure they bring something over other tames that can be brought into that fight. I'm starting to get the feeling that, for all the talk of other tames being OP, the Mega is the secret (or not so secret at this point) OP aberration creature.

4 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Dps is better then rick drakes, more damage and faster attack, also tanky. Reapers are the best for unridden dps while drake are for shooting off of and mobility.

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

I feel like tamed reapers can be useful on that fight, but I'm not sure they bring something over other tames that can be brought into that fight. I'm starting to get the feeling that, for all the talk of other tames being OP, the Mega is the secret (or not so secret at this point) OP aberration creature.

Megas are horrible when not ridden because they only use their 9 damage (cant scale with melee) grab attack when not ridden and you must be riding a moint you can shot from for the boss which you cant with megas, only option for mount to ride for boss is drake and for non ridden mounts, the mega cant compete,best not ridden for boss is reaper because of tankiness, damage and attack speed.

4 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Dps is better then rick drakes, more damage and faster attack, also tanky. Reapers are the best for unridden dps while drake are for shooting off of and mobility.

dude i fully understand. already done the rock boss just refining tactics. i aint using the drakes for dps either. We have a 12 person tribe so getting full riders will be ez so no need for unridden dps.

6 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

megas if they would fix the unridden bite would be more viable. ridding them in that fight just sucks unless maybe somebody is full time dedicated to shooting gas. But i do like my megas as well which is why we tried it.

5 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

They are tankier and have more health, damage per bite, and attack speed then a drake and megas cant be used for boss because they must be ridden but then you wouldnt be able to shoot which is a no go. You bring drakes because while reaper are better in every way, you can not shoot off them so you need to ride drakes to shoot the orbs.

dude i fully understand. already done the rock boss just refining tactics. i aint using the drakes for dps either. We have a 12 person tribe so getting full riders will be ez so no need for unridden dps.

megas if they would fix the unridden bite would be more viable. ridding them in that fight just sucks unless maybe somebody is full time dedicated to shooting gas. But i do like my megas as well which is why we tried it.

Well yes, with 10 people, 10 drakes, and 10 light pets, no use for unridden. But it just if you do have room for unridden tames then you bring reapers, also ya, they really need to fix megalos but its been a bug for a year now so dont get your hopes up.

7 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

as if they would fix the unridden bite would be more viable. ridding them in that fight just sucks unless maybe somebody is full time dedicated to shooting gas. But i do like my megas as well which is why we tried it.

Keep in mind that I make suggestions on doing these fights with 4-5+ players, not the solo or duo stuff a lot of people like to try. They will have limitations, but I feel like as time goes by I'm of the opinion that tribes who have the fight on farm with a group will end up defaulting to Megas over other choices (not only megas) for the heavy lifting, and once the bite bug is fixed it will be a no brainer.

EDIT: Of course, this is assuming Wildcard considers the Mega thing a bug...not an ill-advised intended mechanic. lol

4 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Keep in mind that I make suggestions on doing these fights with 4+ players, not the solo or duo stuff a lot of people like to try. They will have limitations, but I feel like as time goes by I'm of the opinion that tribes who have the fight on farm will end up defaulting to Megas once the bite bug is fixed. 

Well even if they fix the bite, you still cant shoot so unless they have less then 10 players/drakes then they can only bring drakes, if they do have room for unridden/fix the bug then people might use megas over reapers for dps.

Also the bug has been a thing for megas for more then a year, doubt it will be fixed before ark dies off after releasing the last dlc and content update and mod flow dries up(aka 3-6 years)

5 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Keep in mind that I make suggestions on doing these fights with 4-5+ players, not the solo or duo stuff a lot of people like to try. They will have limitations, but I feel like as time goes by I'm of the opinion that tribes who have the fight on farm with a group will end up defaulting to Megas over other choices (not only megas) for the heavy lifting, and once the bite bug is fixed it will be a no brainer.

EDIT: Of course, this is assuming Wildcard considers the Mega thing a bug...not an ill-advised intended mechanic. lol

here is one important thing though..... why would you farm this boss. it is simply an unlock and ascend.... but that being said the struggle for just megas was gas balls rek you since you can shoot off the back. as long as you have 1-2 designated to keep the gas balls away then megas would be great to conserve ammo and chomp tentacles.

3 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Well even if they fix the bite, you still cant shoot so unless they have less then 10 players/drakes then they can only bring drakes, if they do have room for unridden/fix the bug then people might use megas over reapers for dps.

i can kill the same tentacles in 3 shotgun shots that takes our avg reapers 3 plus bites. one is way faster than the other. feasible yes, more productive i highly doubt. but keeping reapers and nameless away would be great distraction.

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

here is one important thing though..... why would you farm this boss. it is simply an unlock and ascend.... but that being said the struggle for just megas was gas balls rek you since you can shoot off the back. as long as you have 1-2 designated to keep the gas balls away then megas would be great to conserve ammo and chomp tentacles.

Also, ya what you said, it doesnt give element, once you get the tek grams,you have no need to fight him again unless you want a bunch of flags and trophies for your base.

i can kill the same tentacles in 3 shotgun shots that takes our avg reapers 3 plus bites. one is way faster than the other. feasible yes, more productive i highly doubt. but keeping reapers and nameless away would be great distraction.

Shotgun have less dps then a reaper, anyway, if ypu have room for a unridden mount then you should bring a reaper but if you dont have room then even if shotgun does less then a reaper, you still need to shoot because of the balls. Only 10 player can fight a boss so only 10 can shoot but you can bring 20 dinos, 10 mist be drakes so each person can shoot the orbs but for the other 10 dinos who wont be able to have players ride/shoot them because there is only 10 players, reapers are the best.

33 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

This is what I was thinking. If you only leveled health you can get over 50k health easy. If you stay away from them with the light then go help them when the time is right they shouldn't die fast at all.

5 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Shotgun have less dps then a reaper, anyway, if ypu have room for a unridden mount then you should bring a reaper but if you dont have room then even if shotgun does less then a reaper, you still need to shoot because of the balls. Only 10 player can fight a boss so only 10 can shoot but you can bring 20 dinos, 10 mist be drakes so each person can shoot the orbs but for the other 10 dinos who wont be able to have players ride/shoot them because there is only 10 players, reapers are the best.

I have mc bp and our shotties are rolling with a crafter over 284. our better reapers are still barely pushing 620ish and i am basing it off the number of bites it took vs number of shotgun shells i used for the fight. 3 shottie shells or 3-4 bites by reaper with 625 ish melee.

58 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Reapers are best for melee (megalos are better at melee but only if you ride them but if you do, you cant shoot so no megalos) but you must have rock drakes to ride because they allow you to shoot. Players rider drakes and shot while unridden reapers attack the tenticules and boss. Just reapers is bad because of orbs but just rock drakes is bad because they dont have good dps and are squishy compared to many other dino.

Bringing a rock drake and light pet for each player so they can weaken the boss minions and dodge/shoot the orbs (1 drake per player, pet is optional) while filling up the remaining spots with reapers to whistle onto the boss and tenticules for extra dps.

Id even argue that the extra dps dinos arent even necessary. Shotguns do more dps alone than a lot of things, and from a safe distance.

But I agree that if youre taking on the final boss of the game so far, you might as well go all in, they couldnt hurt.

3 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

I have mc bp and our shotties are rolling with a crafter over 284. our better reapers are still barely pushing 620ish and i am basing it off the number of bites it took vs number of shotgun shells i used for the fight. 3 shottie shells or 3-4 bites by reaper with 625 ish melee.

Even then, it 10 players max and 20 dinos so you cant just replace a dino witha shotgun drake so for the dinos that cant have a rider,  a reaper is still better.  Say if you have 10 players and 10 drakes, just because your shotgun may bo more, would you only go in with 10 players and 10 drakes? To fill the sposts, a reaper eould be best,also i cant get a shotgun because even thou sp not having the 250 weapon damage limit on bp allowed me to find a 525% damage shotgun bp, i cant craft because it wont fit in the fab and charge nodes are broken in sp and dont charge in stasis so element is ungodly grindy to get and you cant craft the tek rep(or transfer or summon boss) in a loot crate on sp and the obilisk are all on the surface or down in the raidiation zone that a basilisk cant go to, surface is off limits (take too long to transport 7k weight on drakes/reapers and craft it before burning) and snake in radiation and the turning radius makes them fall off the edge into the purple lava and reapers/drake dont have the weight to get down there. Making a tek rep with WC disabling loot crate function and broken charge nodes is nigh impossible and ungodly grindy

2 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Even then, it 10 players max and 20 dinos so you cant just replace a dino witha shotgun drake so for the dinos that cant have a rider,  a reaper is still better.  Say if you have 10 players and 10 drakes, just because your shotgun may bo more, would you only go in with 10 players and 10 drakes? To fill the sposts, a reaper eould be best,also i cant get a shotgun because even thou sp not having the 250 weapon damage limit on bp allowed me to find a 525% damage shotgun bp, i cant craft because it wont fit in the fab and charge nodes are broken in sp and dont charge in stasis so element is ungodly grindy to get and you cant craft the tek rep(or transfer or summon boss) in a loot crate on sp and the obilisk are all on the surface or down in the raidiation zone that a basilisk cant go to, surface is off limits (take too long to transport 7k weight on drakes/reapers and craft it before burning) and snake in radiation and the turning radius makes them fall off the edge into the purple lava and reapers/drake dont have the weight to get down there. Making a tek rep with WC disabling loot crate function and broken charge nodes is nigh impossible and ungodly grindy

The thing is, doing damage to the boss is the least of your problems in this fight.
You need to survive.
We've done the fight with 2 people, 2 drakes and some decoy tanking dino's that we could afford to lose.

Shotguns make it so much easier:

• You can run around on dino/drake, avoiding all orbs
  • You can safely take out orbs homming in on you from a distance, negating all damage
  • Charge pet on shoulder stays alive
  • Rock Drakes allow you to glide over all mess while still shooting tentacles
  • Rock Drakes can cling onto the pillars and you can still shoot tentacles
  • You can shoot/kill tentacles ahead, removing the need to constantly circle around.

With shotguns the entire fight becomes so much easier to handle. Especially once you've mastered the gliding + shooting.
Sure your dino's might be doing much more damage, but they're going to be taking a lot more damage as well in the fight.
I'm honestly tempting to advertise as tactic to only take the dino's you need yourself and a few disposable decoys, and go full out on the weapons.

6 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

We dont always bring max number dinos man. sometimes it is more hindrance than it is a help. we dont have a large area around our in base drop and we aint putting reapers on follow to track around to find a drop. A good example. Hard manticore is absolutely far more difficult with 20 rexes and 10 riders than it is 10 rexes 10 riders. more controlled, more organized movements. Unless they changed the dmg if two drake shottie riders can do alpha we shouldnt have much issue with ten riders with shotties, it honestly should melt.

12 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Seriously. you underestimate the orbs. These things wreck players and riding a reaper you have zero chance of dodging it (they home on you and you are in its face biting the tentacles, making it easier to hit you)

Thats why shotguns are better. they can get you to avoid getting hit by tentacles... and take out orbs with ease.

5 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Seriously. you underestimate the orbs. These things wreck players and riding a reaper you have zero chance of dodging it (they home on you and you are in its face biting the tentacles, making it easier to hit you)

Thats why shotguns are better. they can get you to avoid getting hit by tentacles... and take out orbs with ease.

I said reaper for unridden only. 2 post (and before that, and before that) ago i literally said "you must be riding a rock drake" or you will die. Reapers are for if you have room to bring dinos that wont be ridden.

3 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Orbs are the fight. if those are handled the rest is simple. Besides the alpha fight has already been done with shotguns so it is clearly enough dmg(and i wager ours hit harder than our reapers). Tentacles if u focus and nuke one by one u avoid the splash shock. reapers and nameless are a joke and annoyance at best with a light pet.

48 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Because people who can't beat it on their own are willing to trade a lot of nice things if you drag then through the fight for the achievement. It's best in those cases to sit them on something they won't die on or cause too much trouble with. Sending them around the room to chomp tentacles on a Mega is the perfect dino for that. They're dispensable to a point in case the rider does something really dumb, and and powerful enough to keep people who don't know what they're doing alive and relatively useful.

2 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Because people who can't beat it on their own are willing to trade a lot of nice things if you drag then through the fight for the achievement. It's best in those cases to sit them on something they won't die on or cause too much trouble with. Sending them around the room to chomp tentacles on a Mega is the perfect dino for that. They're dispensable and and powerful enough to keep people who don't know what they're doing alive and relatively useful.

Orbs would kill them on a mega, they must be riding a drake ti shoot the orbs or the orbs wil kill them off their mount.

6 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Because people who can't beat it on their own are willing to trade a lot of nice things if you drag then through the fight for the achievement. It's best in those cases to sit them on something they won't die on or cause too much trouble with. Sending them around the room to chomp tentacles on a Mega is the perfect dino for that. They're dispensable to a point in case the rider does something really dumb, and and powerful enough to keep people who don't know what they're doing alive and relatively useful.

if you want them to chill and not die to something, as much as i have to admit it a reaper with 48k hp lives a long long time in there even with multiple reapers on them. We dont sell the runs we usually just enjoy being the only ones on our server to have nice things early.

Archived