Reaper King

iAmE

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Laxionne said:

where can we actually find Reaper Queen ? and how do we get the baby ?

Do They Eat Meat? :D

Reaper Queens spawn in the deep levels of Aberration.
The taming process involves bringing them down to insanely low HP, turn of glow pets and let them impregnate you, then rush back with the baby and level it up.
Once you have the baby born and are raised it, it eats meat yes.
They're really low-maintenance once you have them, it's getting them and raising them that's the hard part.

3 hours ago, Doth said:

Wait. Can Megalos really get this good?

Easily.

I'll run some calculations, it's important to note that I will assume both the Reaper and the Megalo to have a 100% imprint rider buff. Also assuming you pump all 71 in melee in this case to ease it down.

Ok for the Reaper: assuming 35 points hp and 35 points melee (which is above average even for a perfect 150+75) it's stats with all lvls pumped to melee will be:

25380 HP, 856.5% melee 

=> eHP with imprint buff and 15% no light reduction: 37943

dmg per hit with current 75 base dmg: 835

dmg per hit with 100 base dmg: 1113

Now a good-ish Megalo, 41pts HP, 40pts melee base, which I currently work on breeding:

10800 HP, 956% melee

Using a 100 armor saddle and a Armor modifier of 4 (thats against being shot and the modifier most dinos have anyways)

HP=(eHP-(30% of eHP))*(100 / (100 + 4 * ARMOR))

(Armor formula, a bit modified to give eHP and not dmg reduction numbers; dmgTaken=(dmgDoneToYou-allReduction)*(100 / (100 + 4 * ARMOR))

=> ~77k effective HP! That's twice of the Reaper. (It's because of how the dmg reduction of saddle gets applied after all other dmg reductions)

Also it will hit for: 981.8 dmg, considering the 79 base dmg of the aberrant version.

But wait, there's more!

Considering people doing hard core stat breeding it's just a matter of time until we have Megalo stats of around 12k base hp, 449 base melee.

With those we have

~111k eHP with rider buff and 100 armor (without 1 lvlup in hp that is)

~1221 dmg a hit

For the fun of it we can also add mate boost to that; Reaper can't.

=>171k eHP, 1649 dmg a hit. That's about as hard as a non-bred Giga would ever hit, probably higher even.

4 hours ago, YellowJacket said:

Easily.

I'll run some calculations, it's important to note that I will assume both the Reaper and the Megalo to have a 100% imprint rider buff. Also assuming you pump all 71 in melee in this case to ease it down.

Ok for the Reaper: assuming 35 points hp and 35 points melee (which is above average even for a perfect 150+75) it's stats with all lvls pumped to melee will be:

25380 HP, 856.5% melee 

Now a good-ish Megalo, 41pts HP, 40pts melee base, which I currently work on breeding:

10800 HP, 956% melee

Using a 100 armor saddle and a Armor modifier of 4 (thats against being shot and the modifier most dinos have anyways)

(Armor formula, a bit modified to give eHP and not dmg reduction numbers; dmgTaken=(dmgDoneToYou-allReduction)*(100 / (100 + 4 * ARMOR))

=> ~77k effective HP! That's twice of the Reaper. (It's because of how the dmg reduction of saddle gets applied after all other dmg reductions)

Also it will hit for: 981.8 dmg, considering the 79 base dmg of the aberrant version.

But wait, there's more!

Considering people doing hard core stat breeding it's just a matter of time until we have Megalo stats of around 12k base hp, 449 base melee.

With those we have

~1221 dmg a hit

=>171k eHP, 1649 dmg a hit. That's about as hard as a non-bred Giga would ever hit, probably higher even.

Damn. I'm enlightened. Thank you for explain that. Brb gotta go tame some Megalos then wait till we can actually hatch then aberrant on Xbox. 

5 hours ago, YellowJacket said:

Easily.

25380 HP, 856.5% melee 

10800 HP, 956% melee

But wait, there's more!

With those we have

~1221 dmg a hit

Except reaper no light buff was just increased to 70%, as mentioned above. It is true that its odd that megalos have more damage. But its not as dire as you say, plus youll find that reaper kings scale extremely well in hp also

9 hours ago, Doth said:

Wait. Can Megalos really get this good?

Yup.  If we look at a stats comparison:

Rex:

https://imgur.com/a/6lOrv

Megalo:

https://imgur.com/a/MjUqj

The megalo has slightly lower HP and HP growth, but a significantly higher base damage and damage growth.  The only reason megalos weren't as popular on other maps as they are in aberration is because of the sleep mechanic of normal megalos.  Aberrant megalos don't have this mechanic, so there really isn't a negative other than the fact that you can be pulled off them by a crab.  It should be noted that you can also be pulled off a rock drake by a crab.

10 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Took some megas in rock last night and reapers..neither seemed particularly useful. Shooting while riding makes life much much easier

Admittedly,   I never tried to use tools while riding a reaper.  It's not possible?  I still don't think the reaper would be useful in rockwell anyway, as if you need to kill the reapers inside, you are gonna want charge light to make it quick.

55 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Except reaper no light buff was just increased to 70%, as mentioned above. It is true that its odd that megalos have more damage. But its not as dire as you say, plus youll find that reaper kings scale extremely well in hp also

Fair enough; still that "only" brings a Reaper to 56keHP, which is still pathetic compared to the Megalos that will exist in say half a year. Also I calced with 100 armor, keep in mind saddles can reach 125.

1 hour ago, banggugyangu said:

Yup.  If we look at a stats comparison:

Rex:

https://imgur.com/a/6lOrv

Megalo:

https://imgur.com/a/MjUqj

The megalo has slightly lower HP and HP growth, but a significantly higher base damage and damage growth.  The only reason megalos weren't as popular on other maps as they are in aberration is because of the sleep mechanic of normal megalos.  Aberrant megalos don't have this mechanic, so there really isn't a negative other than the fact that you can be pulled off them by a crab.  It should be noted that you can also be pulled off a rock drake by a crab.

I'm pretty sure you can be pulled off any tame by a player ridden crab. 

1 hour ago, YellowJacket said:

Fair enough; still that "only" brings a Reaper to 56keHP, which is still pathetic compared to the Megalos that will exist in say half a year. Also I calced with 100 armor, keep in mind saddles can reach 125.

Base hp of 25k with a 70% damage reduction is more ehp then 56k, it is more around 75k ehp without rider buff. Also reapers scale better in health. A good breed megalo with a max saddle has better damage then a reaper but worse ehp. My mega only has 22k while my reaper has 50k. So reapers are have better ehp, still dosent change the fact that one of the most common things on aberration strips them of there defences and nukes their ehp. So while reapers without light have alot better ehp, almost as good damage, are bigger, can jump, and have many attacks, because something so common weakens them so much, megalos are generaly alot better for combat (although they will get stuck alot and are very limited on aberration because they cant jump. Also crabs can grab you off and knock back is a problem) unless the megalo isnt riden, if a megalo is riderless then no matter how strong or tanky it is, it still sucks because it will almost always use it grab attack on everything when not riden which does vastly less damage.

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Definitely. Being so close to the tentacles hurts a lot and you take all of the orbs to the face. We tried last night too

Reapers are good for rock if they are leveled and imprinted but megas are pretty horrible for rock unless you are riding them because they Only use grab which does next to no damage.

11 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Reapers are good for rock if they are leveled and imprinted but megas are pretty horrible for rock unless you are riding them because they Only use grab which does next to no damage.

Well, the problem with only using reapers is that you get overrun by the orbs and get killed off your mount. You can definitely achieve the dps (we got close to killing it on beta with 4 bad imprint reapers and a drake+gun). A full crew with serious reapers and gear could do it, but using only guns has the appeal of being able to get rid of the orbs by shooting them before they reach you and kill you off your mount.

24 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Reapers got trashed bc of orbs and having to dismount to attack the boss part. Orbs constantly trash you and ur pet. My light pet got killed off so reapers got wild. On the positive the use of them as just a distraction tank is a highly viable option as both our reapers we took only died bc we all died off the backs. Megas have the same disadvantage. Designation of a person riding and shooting orbs will be essential if you wanna take dinos with  no capability to shoot from. Honestly, Tank drakes with good saddles and good shotties is probably the best option at the moment. Maybe toss in a couple tank reapers for distractions. Ai megas useless bc of messed up attack ai.

23 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Reapers got trashed bc of orbs and having to dismount to attack the boss part. Orbs constantly trash you and ur pet. My light pet got killed off so reapers got wild. On the positive the use of them as just a distraction tank is a highly viable option as both our reapers we took only died bc we all died off the backs. Megas have the same disadvantage. Designation of a person riding and shooting orbs will be essential if you wanna take dinos with  no capability to shoot from. Honestly, Tank drakes with good saddles and good shotties is probably the best option at the moment. Maybe toss in a couple tank reapers for distractions. Ai megas useless bc of messed up attack ai.

Agree 100% with everything in this post, have had the same experience.

Not using guns means you cannot keep the orbs in check, and you have to get in right next to where they appear to bite.

Although, you dont need to dismount to attack

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Well, the problem with only using reapers is that you get overrun by the orbs and get killed off your mount. You can definitely achieve the dps (we got close to killing it on beta with 4 bad imprint reapers and a drake+gun). A full crew with serious reapers and gear could do it, but using only guns has the appeal of being able to get rid of the orbs by shooting them before they reach you and kill you off your mount.

Who said only reapers? I just said they where good, not only use them, bringing rock drakes and a light pet is good.

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

Once again, i said they where good for rockwell , i didnt say only use them. Bring a pet and rock drake to rider glide and shot from while whistling the reapers to also attack tenticules and rockwell. Only ride a rock drake in the rockwell fight so you can shot but bring ones to whistle  attack.

6 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Meant more like melee mounts in general

Reapers are best for melee (megalos are better at melee but only if you ride them but if you do, you cant shoot so no megalos) but you must have rock drakes to ride because they allow you to shoot. Players rider drakes and shot while unridden reapers attack the tenticules and boss. Just reapers is bad because of orbs but just rock drakes is bad because they dont have good dps and are squishy compared to many other dino.

Bringing a rock drake and light pet for each player so they can weaken the boss minions and dodge/shoot the orbs (1 drake per player, pet is optional) while filling up the remaining spots with reapers to whistle onto the boss and tenticules for extra dps.

15 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Actually contribute, or don't post.  this thread is already riddled with needless arguing and useless posts.

Yeah, mostly yours. You're a constant source of misinformation in this thread, and that needs to be pointed out every so often so people who come to this forum looking for information on this topic know to take your assertions with a huge grain of salt. 

Archived