Reaper King

iAmE

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Lolz,  yeah.... logic fails most.  Rex base damage:  62  Reaper base damage:  75  1000% of 62:  620,  1000% of 75:  750. 

I tested spawning in multiple reapers yesterday at tamed level 225 (Yes,  the variant of reaper that you can birth).  After setting imprint to 100% on each of them, the average  HP value was ~25k and the average melee damage was ~500.  If the natural armor works everywhere, then this is easily on par or better than boss-tier rexes for the average, albeit much more complicated to achieve, but potentially quicker.

Logic fails nobody. Quit being a moron. This is my first post in this thread and the second response is to act as though I can't do fourth grade math. Read my post again. I simply posted my personal experience and even noted that it wasn't a 225. I expected it to be on par with my rexes, minus the bred ones (have one up to 488% damage).

I have six rexes which take them out in one shot all the time. I use phiomias on that map for feeding troughs. I know what the base damage is and I understand how to add it all up. The thing is, even at 1000% it is taking longer to kill things than my rexes. That was the let-down. Maybe if it was easier to aim its tail attack or something, it would be more useful even though it is weaker.

49 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Logic fails nobody. Quit being a moron. This is my first post in this thread and the second response is to act as though I can't do fourth grade math. Read my post again. I simply posted my personal experience and even noted that it wasn't a 225. I expected it to be on par with my rexes, minus the bred ones (have one up to 488% damage).

I have six rexes which take them out in one shot all the time. I use phiomias on that map for feeding troughs. I know what the base damage is and I understand how to add it all up. The thing is, even at 1000% it is taking longer to kill things than my rexes. That was the let-down. Maybe if it was easier to aim its tail attack or something, it would be more useful even though it is weaker.

Longer to kill =/= oneshot damage.

What you said was you were complaining that it couldnt oneshot a phiomia. Which is a ridiculous statement if you compare with rexes since rexes do inferior damage.

1 hour ago, Xenithar said:

Except that logic still seems to be failing you.  Allow me to spell it out again....  1000% damage on a rex is 620 damage per bite.  1000% damage on a reaper is 750 damage per bite.  The rate of attack is similar.  I haven't actually measured it, but it's really close between the 2.  This means that each bite is doing 130 more damage for the reaper than the rex.  With an equal damage % rating between the 2, the rex would have to attack 20% faster than the reaper in order to MATCH the reaper's DoT.  In other words,  if the rex attacks once per second (it's more like once per .95 seconds) the reaper would have to attack slower than once per 1.2 seconds (roughly a .83 attacks per second).  This is not the case.  Reapers have higher DPS than a comparable rex, even if only by a small margin.

4 hours ago, CaptoBraunch said:

How about that Reaper King buff? Anyone got some feedback? Are they worth raising yet? A good roll, 100% imprint max lvl King should melt a 20k 600% mega in a 1v1, no charge. To make them worth it in my eyes. Even with charge honestly

They seem to be moderately stronger than an equivalent Rex (meaning one that hasn't been extensively bred out for mutations) now. Can't say I've gotten down to the nitty gritty science of it, but they definitely feel better.

I'd definitely say they're worth it. Between the much better mobility (jump + greater speed), non-dependence on saddle for pretty solid defence, and ability to exercise some control on enemies by chaining acid + spin + bite, I'd certainly consider them a rival for one of the better end-game tames.

Lol well i went and prego again. 145. When it stuck me i kicked my light on afterwards and killed her before it could burrow. With event on i was instantly level 70 on leveling the offspring....lol a 145 on 2x gave me 49k exp. 

Birthed it a few mins ago...319 melee. My highest so far out of 5 just myself. Rip.

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

Lol well i went and prego again. 145. When it stuck me i kicked my light on afterwards and killed her before it could burrow. With event on i was instantly level 70 on leveling the offspring....lol a 145 on 2x gave me 49k exp. 

Birthed it a few mins ago...319 melee. My highest so far out of 5 just myself. Rip.

thats higher melee then mine started with, imprint and it will be amazing, work on getting some kibbles and setting up a imprint schedule. mine started with 308 before imprint. also whats it preimprint health, is it just good damage or good health to?

anyway i sayed up all night playing ark on saturday so i sleep through friday but i am awake and now transferring stuff to the center

13 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Except that logic still seems to be failing you.  Allow me to spell it out again....  1000% damage on a rex is 620 damage per bite.  1000% damage on a reaper is 750 damage per bite.  The rate of attack is similar.  I haven't actually measured it, but it's really close between the 2.  This means that each bite is doing 130 more damage for the reaper than the rex.  With an equal damage % rating between the 2, the rex would have to attack 20% faster than the reaper in order to MATCH the reaper's DoT.  In other words,  if the rex attacks once per second (it's more like once per .95 seconds) the reaper would have to attack slower than once per 1.2 seconds (roughly a .83 attacks per second).  This is not the case.  Reapers have higher DPS than a comparable rex, even if only by a small margin.

Are you really this stupid? Read my post. I said twice now that it seems weaker. I understand the math. Math doesn't mean jack if it doesn't apply in-game. You're missing the entire point in an attempt to troll when you come across as being arrogant and just plain stupid. Show me where I stated that a reaper had lower base damage. Show me where I said, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that this thing was weaker than a rex. Go ahead. Oh, you can't quote me? Exactly! I never said that. You read two lines from my original post and immediately went to insulting. That says a lot more about you than it does my comprehension skills.

Oh, and for future reference, there is no "=/=".  The operator you were looking for is "!=". But I guess I'm a flipping idiot since I program and work with math every day, right? Guess I'm wrong there also because hey, forum trolling! I swear this place has become a cesspool in recent months. Post a damn opinion and people lose their minds.

On 1/12/2018 at 6:23 PM, Xenithar said:

On 1/12/2018 at 6:23 PM, Xenithar said:

Heck, his damage is currently at 1003% and it just feels weak. Multiple hits to kill a phiomia!

It's not letting me add my own text in there,  but yeah...  You're claiming your rexes can one shot phiomias that your 1000% damage reaper can't.  So unless you have 1200% melee damage rexes, then that's false.  You're calling 2 people in this thread stupid because you made a dumb comment and got called out on it as BS.  Furthermore,  Wazzamaniac never said anything about coding when he used "=/=".  Non-coders won't understand != to be "doesn't equal".  ANYONE can recognize an equal sign with a slash through it, though.  You could have simply said "My bad, I'm wrong." and this all would have stopped there, but you were too full of yourself to do that.  You said something stupid.  2 people called you out for it with real factual information.  Your anecdote about it "feeling" weaker was stupid because it doesn't "feel" weaker.  It "feels" as powerful as it is, which is 13 base damage stronger than a rex with a very similar attack speed.  End of Conversation.

3 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

ok, thats a lie, 1003% melee would hit for around 1000 damage. with 1103, my reaper hits for 1100. a phioma does not have thousands of health.

1003% damage on a reaper would hit for 752 damage.

1003% damage on a rex would hit for 622 damage.

1103% damage on a reaper would be 827 damage.

14 hours ago, Xenithar said:

Are you really this stupid? Read my post. I said twice now that it seems weaker. I understand the math. Math doesn't mean jack if it doesn't apply in-game. You're missing the entire point in an attempt to troll when you come across as being arrogant and just plain stupid. Show me where I stated that a reaper had lower base damage. Show me where I said, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that this thing was weaker than a rex. Go ahead. Oh, you can't quote me? Exactly! I never said that. You read two lines from my original post and immediately went to insulting. That says a lot more about you than it does my comprehension skills.

Oh, and for future reference, there is no "=/=".  The operator you were looking for is "!=". But I guess I'm a flipping idiot since I program and work with math every day, right? Guess I'm wrong there also because hey, forum trolling! I swear this place has become a cesspool in recent months. Post a damn opinion and people lose their minds.

Did you maybe forget that that phiomia was 8 feet tall, healed itself and had a floating yellow text above it reading "daeodon"?

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

There is no need to start fighting instead of having a mature conversation so please keep it civil or this thread will have to be cleaned/locked.

To be honest Id just cut out this whole arguing bit anyway.

The thread itself is good discussion.

I think the gripe with the reaper for some people is that it has the same base damage as a megalo, this puny dino the size of a carno that can not only rival the rex, but also a reaper, this hulking spiky monstrosity.

The reaper is definitely good, but when you look at how easy it is to obtain once you get a strategy I can understand why its "only" on par with the current apex and not top-tier. Its really way quicker to get one than the top-tier rexes which took loads of breeders and generations to accomplish; theoretically if they solely concentrated on raising reapers, they eventually would eventually get one that has ridiculous stats like the rexes. (even if there is no reproducible bloodline)

Got another 145. Pre imprint melee 355. Maybe ill get a lucky second imprint on 2x. I will say i did more riding one one with 100% imprint. The speed increase is real nice. The dmg reduc is significantly bettet than the original. I killed two alpha crabs back to back and a alpha basilisk behing that and only took 4k dmg. Dmg seems ok. All these numbers about 1000 plus melee on one.... seems high at this point. Im sure it is witbin reach but that aould be a pretty extensively leveled reaper. Usually we bop about 40 levels in a rex and done. 

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

Got another 145. Pre imprint melee 355. Maybe ill get a lucky second imprint on 2x. I will say i did more riding one one with 100% imprint. The speed increase is real nice. The dmg reduc is significantly bettet than the original. I killed two alpha crabs back to back and a alpha basilisk behing that and only took 4k dmg. Dmg seems ok. All these numbers about 1000 plus melee on one.... seems high at this point. Im sure it is witbin reach but that aould be a pretty extensively leveled reaper. Usually we bop about 40 levels in a rex and done. 

Pre-stat buff, I was spawning reaper kings on official stat rates in SP.  At 225 (150 +75) they were coming out with an average of 16k HP and 350-450 melee pre-imprint.   After imprint, it was an average of 26k HP and 500-600 melee.  Leveling HP to 50k + 1000+ melee was trivial on practically everyone one of them.  I wouldn't be scared taking a gaggle of these into alpha dragon or even overseer, honestly.  I need to test now post-statbuff, now that it's actually on the  UWP/xbox versions.

*edit* I obviously didn't have the brofist buff, since they were force imprinted with admin, but the imprint was just the normal 100%.

4 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Pre-stat buff, I was spawning reaper kings on official stat rates in SP.  At 225 (150 +75) they were coming out with an average of 16k HP and 350-450 melee pre-imprint.   After imprint, it was an average of 26k HP and 500-600 melee.  Leveling HP to 50k + 1000+ melee was trivial on practically everyone one of them.  I wouldn't be scared taking a gaggle of these into alpha dragon or even overseer, honestly.  I need to test now post-statbuff, now that it's actually on the  UWP/xbox versions.

*edit* I obviously didn't have the brofist buff, since they were force imprinted with admin, but the imprint was just the normal 100%.

Remember that dragon will melt anything because of its flames.

Overseer i can see them being a great choice. (Would suggest staying back and shooting dragon form, though)

16 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

if only we got that kind of imprint dmg on official. In fact out of 7 personal reapers i only have had one with over 350 melee. everything else pre imprint been 300-320. the 320 with 100% imprint ended up about 365ish. i have 60 something % imprint with the 355 and am barely pushing 390's melee. I agree alpha dragon would still melt these things. %hp rips high hp stuff, unless the dmg reduc reduces the fire dmg but somehow i doubt it.

10 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

if only we got that kind of imprint dmg on official. In fact out of 7 personal reapers i only have had one with over 350 melee. everything else pre imprint been 300-320. the 320 with 100% imprint ended up about 365ish. i have 60 something % imprint with the 355 and am barely pushing 390's melee. I agree alpha dragon would still melt these things. %hp rips high hp stuff, unless the dmg reduc reduces the fire dmg but somehow i doubt it.

I disagree.  Given that the damage is on par with rexes, the size is similar, though it looks a little bit bigger just eyeballing without them side by side.  The most common strategy on dragon is to surround him with rexes and pin him down.  If they're of a similar size/shaped hit box, then the same strategy should work.  % damage tears through anything regardless of how much you have.  The difference being that higher HP will render the other non-% damage less effective.  They indeed may not work for it, but there's a chance that they can.  It's worth testing regardless.

2 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

I disagree.  Given that the damage is on par with rexes, the size is similar, though it looks a little bit bigger just eyeballing without them side by side.  The most common strategy on dragon is to surround him with rexes and pin him down.  If they're of a similar size/shaped hit box, then the same strategy should work.  % damage tears through anything regardless of how much you have.  The difference being that higher HP will render the other non-% damage less effective.  They indeed may not work for it, but there's a chance that they can.  It's worth testing regardless.

i think you may have been out of the game for a while bud. Dragon dont pin anymore and hasnt in a good while. And the non % dmg stuff does so little it dont matter, i have even tanked a round with a good barry who only had about 7k hp on alpha. ALL on OFFICIAL btw.

Archived