Reaper King

iAmE

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

lol wut? so you compared a roll rat dmg taken  to a reaper dmg taken?? You are assuming roll rat and reaper no buff and no saddle take same amount of dmg. Like i said from what i have seen it has been indicated that they only take 15% reduced dmg.

My reaper only takes 8 from a spino and my roll ratt 6 because of its saddle. Tamed Reapers resistance used to be 15. But i got buffed a vast amount although it gets reduced ether back to 15% or 0% if you have charge on.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

lol wut? so you compared a roll rat dmg taken  to a reaper dmg taken?? You are assuming roll rat and reaper no buff and no saddle take same amount of dmg. Like i said from what i have seen it has been indicated that they only take 15% reduced dmg.

from piranhas biting me in the water 28 damage with light on 4 with light off so they take only 15% of the damage inflicted with the light off correct? Think about it though anyone with half a brain for pvp will just bring a light pet and out DPS you because they have a saddle and their light pet has essentially taken yours "off"

3 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

My reaper only takes 8 from a spino and my roll ratt 6 because of its saddle. Tamed Reapers resistance used to be 15. But i got buffed a vast amount although it gets reduced ether back to 15% or 0% if you have charge on.

there was no notes of a buff to reaper resistance you are making this up. the buff was to tamed reaper stats only.

4 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Does not affect dragon. The dmg is hard coded and there have been a lot of diacussions about it. The only benefit to theriz for dragon is the heal from the veggie cake and potentially the mobility.

o.O I have no idea tbh but if it is hard coded then that is nonsense lol. The bosses should have weaknesses to exploit not be all powerful lol

4 minutes ago, ayala205 said:

from piranhas biting me in the water 28 damage with light on 4 with light off so they take only 15% of the damage inflicted with the light off correct? Think about it though anyone with half a brain for pvp will just bring a light pet and out DPS you because they have a saddle and their light pet has essentially taken yours "off"

No i didnt say 15, that bigfish, we already left that light pet topic anyway, on aberration there are tons of light pets but there is no rex or giga for a reaper to have to contend with, if you are fighting a rex with a reaper then that only possible on other maps liike the island where its alot less likely for them to have one and rex wiuld still win anyway , just i was saying it would be super close and reapers are usefull because although they are a bit wesker, they are easy to get and are super mobile and cut out hunting for good. They just make life bit less grindy.

8 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

there was no notes of a buff to reaper resistance you are making this up. the buff was to tamed reaper stats only.

It was a massive buff to tamed reapers, not making it up. Have you even used a reaper in the past day after patch 276.21? I can give you screen shot of my reaper only taking 8 damage.

45 minutes ago, ayala205 said:

Guys i spawned in a level 1 trillion reaper on single player, its great better then a giga on official. therefore all reapers need no work they are perfectly balanced.

^ This is what you sound like @TigerH99

I never said they where better then gigas nor did i say perfectly  balanced and how is me having higher stat then official when on sp mode is on mean i just spawn a unrealistically high level one in? Sp mode buffs dinos. I turned it off and been discussing... stats i guess... with bigfish, he is the one that dosent know anything about imprinting, level ups, official/default, and sp mode, he goes thinking that i was saying that my reaper in sp mode is so better then official stuff and blah blah blah and thinks that i have a hacked reaper because... well i dont know why he thinks that, i told him that me gaining 18% per point was in sp mode and on default/official i only gain 6%. Along with him thinking that imprinting doesnt effect stats and that only the imprint riding bonus does. He is a completely noob when it comes to testing things,  calculating stats, breeding and level gain of any kind, i explain everything and he doesnt know anything. How does he even manage to be knowable at the game enough to get a reaper and yet does not know what imprining does or it mechanics!?

Just look up https://ark.gamepedia.com/imprinting read the whole thing. It even explains why reapers annd giga get so much health from imprinting, it because it ignores the reaper and giga health penalty. Reapers basebhealth is 45k and but tamed ones have health penalty of -38500 but since imprinting ignores that, even if your reaper has 11k health, imprining will add around another 11k atleat because it is adding 20% of the reapers health  because since it ignores the health penalty, it treats it like it has 49500 health. Same with gigas, giga gain around 17k from imprinting.

13 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

I never said they where better then gigas nor did i say perfectly  balanced and how is me having higher stat then official when on sp mode is on mean i just spawn a unrealistically high level one in? Sp mode buffs dinos. I turned it off and been discussing... stats i guess... with bigfish, he is the one that dosent know anything about imprinting, level ups, official/default, and sp mode, he goes thinking that i was saying that my reaper in sp mode is so better then official stuff and blah blah blah and thinks that i have a hacked reaper because... well i dont know why he thinks that, i told him that me gaining 18% per point was in sp mode and on default/official i only gain 6%. Along with him thinking that imprinting doesnt effect stats and that only the imprint riding bonus does. He is a completely noob when it comes to testing things,  calculating stats, breeding and level gain of any kind, i explain everything and he doesnt know anything. How does he even manage to be knowable at the game enough to get a reaper and yet does not know what imprining does or it mechanics!?

At this point I can only assume that you're just trolling. Please stop.

7 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

At this point I can only assume that you're just trolling. Please stop.

Bigfish is the one trolling , how is me trying to explain stats and imprinting while texting on a phone to a guy who seems to not understand a word i say and just starts calling me names make me a troll! 

Please explain how i am trolling because right now i am just lost on how him confusing everything and not knowing thing makes me a troll that brags about how "awesome or amazing" reapers are. I honestly think they a bit to weak when it charge.

First i try to argue how they are useful then after we start to come to an agreement bigfish pops in and just says start accussing me of boosting because he dosent know what sp mode or imprint is then when i try to explain , he hust keep going back and forth mixing everything up and then ayala comes in and starts mocking me because i guess he thinks that i am bragging about my reaper? And bigfish joins in on it then after i tried to thoroughly explsin it and give a some links that explain it a bit better and everything starts to settle down, YOU suddenly appear and start saying i trolling, please stop?! REALLY!  Honestly this remind me of when i was playing a game where greifing was banned and you couldnt hit players and people started to grirf my house and since i couldnt stop them i tried to fix what they keeped breaking and the ones griefing me accuse me of griefing... MY OWN HOUSE and i get banned.  Just no, no, no stop bigfish, ayala, lou just stop settle down, lets just stop the insults and accusations please.

11 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Bigfish us the one trolling , how is me trying to explain stats and imprinting while texting on a phone to a guy who seems to not understand a word i say and just starts calling me names make me a troll! 

Please explain how i am trolling because right now i am just lost on how him confusing everything and not knowing thing makes me a troll that brags about how "awesome or amazing" reapers are. I honestly think they a bit to weak when it charge.

Dude i got almost 3k hours in ark. I have tamed and raised basically everything in the game. I am ascended already. All done on official after playing about a month on dedi and single player. I played on reapers before and after the buff. My tribe was one of the earliest having done medium and alpha dragon when the new servers came out. Im not trolling u. There has been nothing stated as a buff that would effect no light resistance. Furthor each dino has it's own resistance and comparing a roll rat dmg taken to a reaper dmg taken is absurd. U could have at least taken the same reaper test dmg and turn a light on and test dmg....im not trying to down u but u are lacking a lot of experience and research on the game fundamentals still. U are making inferences that are not apples to apples comparable. Even with the buff they are at best comp to a medium grade boss rex probably. And significantly harder to aquire decent ones. Our avg melee base riggt now out of 130 to 150 reapers is about 240. It is way to inconsistent for a boss dino than breeding. 

Also i have not called u any names.

13 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Bigfish us the one trolling , how is me trying to explain stats and imprinting while texting on a phone to a guy who seems to not understand a word i say and just starts calling me names make me a troll! 

Well, if you're not trolling, then there's still no point in trying to discuss anything with you until you at least consider entertaining the idea that the people here might know more than you about the game. It's no stretch of the imagine for people to assume you are clueless when you make comments like:

On 1/9/2018 at 5:13 AM, TigerH99 said:

Getting 20 max health rexes with high end ascendant saddles is next to impossible unless you do many months to a year of farming, that or just tame a reaper and getvthe same thing but witth more health

LIterally every single part of that statement is incorrect...but somehow Rob is the one who doesn't know what he's talking about? Right-o there dude.

21 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Well, if you're not trolling, then there's still no point in trying to discuss anything with you until you at least consider entertaining the idea that the people here might know more than you about the game. It's no stretch of the imagine for people to assume you are clueless when you make comments like:

...but somehow Rob is the one who doesn't know what he's talking about? Right-o there dude.

How is that trolling or clue less? On official it takes 4 days to breed a rex, first you find 2 rexes, one either high health, one with high melee,  (which can take awhile) then you breed them until you get a male and female that both have the health and melee ( even if you get then straight off, it will take 4 days to grow minimum) then you breed those till you get a mutation in health or melee  which is very rare and will take a bit, after you find a female with a mutation (lets go with melee) and a male with the same one, you then wait for them to mature (another 4 days minimum) then you breed them till you have a female and male that both have 2 mutations in melee and then you mature and breed those ones (another 4 days minimum) and you repeat this until you have 20 maternal melee mutations and 20 paternal melee mutations then all of which will take 4-14 days on official to actually get a male and female with the mutation you want for every single one and then you have to do it all over again for health, if you are ungodly lucky and get the mutations you want straight off each and every time, the minimum time need for each generation to mature would be 160 days but if you are not lucky and it takes awhile to get 40 melee mutations and 40 health mutations it could take 2-3 times as long aka a little bit more then a year.

Although i take back what said about reaper being better then a rex that takes a year, it would only take a year if you are going for 40/40 on mutations and if you did that then it would slaughter a reaper, that thing once level would have 89,590 health ( 40 health mutations and.leveled up 35 times) and 1289.6 melee (40 melee mutations, leveled up 36 times) and thats on official! Throw in a 120 armor rex saddle ( official armor limit pretty sure) and that thing will be unstoppable, Dont want to imagine one on sp mode, especially since there is no limit to armor amount on sp, you can still very rarely find bp and stuff above 120 armor. Yeesh. 

21 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Dude i got almost 3k hours in ark. I have tamed and raised basically everything in the game. I am ascended already. All done on official after playing about a month on dedi and single player. I played on reapers before and after the buff. My tribe was one of the earliest having done medium and alpha dragon when the new servers came out. Im not trolling u. There has been nothing stated as a buff that would effect no light resistance. Furthor each dino has it's own resistance and comparing a roll rat dmg taken to a reaper dmg taken is absurd. U could have at least taken the same reaper test dmg and turn a light on and test dmg....im not trying to down u but u are lacking a lot of experience and research on the game fundamentals still. U are making inferences that are not apples to apples comparable. Even with the buff they are at best comp to a medium grade boss rex probably. And significantly harder to aquire decent ones. Our avg melee base riggt now out of 130 to 150 reapers is about 240. It is way to inconsistent for a boss dino than breeding. 

Also i have not called u any names.

You may have not called me names but you teamed up with ayala to mock me. 

Also i did test turning the light on, it strips them of all armor like the wild ones. Also thanks for being more calm and taking time to explain your view, many thing you say i do agree with ( especially if you get a rex with 40 melee mutations and 40 health mutations, thing would be way stronger then a reaper) and although saying i lack alot is a bit much , i know many things about the, game ( more then lot of people) i do admit i am lacking i knowledge  on armor differences between creatures, how do you know the difference between 25. Armor for a rex and 25 armor for a theri? It like not only can armor value differ between quality but also differ in what the armor values armor value is for a certain creature is complicated, i did have slight knowledge on it from when i saw them say in the patch notes that they made saddle armor for golems,  quetz , etc less effective  but that about it. Sry things got heated.

21 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Blablabla for those last few posts, but yes reaper armor in the dark was massively buffed. Not just 15%. Its 70% or so, not including imprint (a spawned and forcetamed reaper somehoe gets more on singleplayer, 80%) But on official its definitely 70.

It actually also seems like 70 on sp too. thanks for the more accurate numbers

1 hour ago, TigerH99 said:

How is that trolling or clue less? On official it takes 4 days to breed a rex, first you find 2 rexes, one eith high health, one with high melee,  (which can take awhile) then you breed them until you get a male and female that both have the health and melee ( even if you get then straight off, it will take 4 days to grow minimum) then you breed those till you get a mutation in health or melee  which is very rare and will take a bit, after you find a female with a mutation (lets go with melee) and a male with the same one, you then wait for them to mature (another 4 days minimum) the you breed them till you a female and male that both have 2 mutations in melee and then you mature and breed thise ones (another 4 days minimum) and you repeat this until you have 20 maternal melee mutations and 20 paternal melee mutations then all of which will take 4-14 days on official to actually get a male and female with the mutation you wsnt for every single one and then you have to do it all over again for health, if you are ungodly lucky and get the mutations you one straight of each and every time, the minimum time need for each generation to mature would be 160 days but if you are not lucky and it takes awhile to get 40 melee mutations and 40 health mutations it could take 2-3 times as long or a little bit more then a year.

Although it take back what said about reaper being better then a rex that takes a year, it would only take a year if you are going for 40/40 on mutations and i you did that then it would slaughter a reaper, that thing once level would have 89,590 health ( 40 health mutations and.leveled up 35 times) and 1289.6 melee (40 melee mutations, leveled up 36 times) and thats on official! Throw in a 250 armor rex saddle ( official armor limit pretty sure) and that thing will be unstopable, Dont want to imagine one on sp mode, especially since there is no limit to armor amount on sp, you can still very rarely find bp and stuff above 250 armor. Yeesh. 

On official armor limit is 117,5 or 120 i forget, there may have been a mini buff.

as for levels, any dino above lv 450 can either not be hatched or despawns. It limits the stats you can get

20 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

On official armor limit is 117,5 or 120 i forget, there may have been a mini buff.

as for levels, any dino above lv 450 can either not be hatched or despawns. It limits the stats you can get

huh never heard of a max breed level (probably because rarely anyone ever reaches it) well 40/40 seem like it wouldnt be level 450 straight off, i have a 495 allo (a bug happened around the time the dragon came out that made it to where if you pumped any level into any stat, your dinos level would instantly triple, and make it unable to level  up even if you  pumped only one stat, causing you to be stuck with unleveled stats, darn bug got all my allos and 80% of my rexes) and my level 495 allos have yet to disappear so, any way i thought it was 240 limit because of some recent threads talking about finding 170 and 220 saddles on official servers.

33 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

huh never heard of a max breed level (probably because rarely anyone ever reaches it) well 40/40 seem like it wouldnt be level 450 straight off, i have a 495 allo (a bug happened around the time the dragon came out that made it to where if you pumped any level into any stat, your dinos level would instantly triple, and make it unable to level  up even if you  pumped only one stat, causing you to be stuck with unoleveled stats, darn bug got all my alos and 80% of my rexes) and my level 495 allos have yet to disappear so, any way i thought it was 240 limit because of some recent threads talking about finding 170 and 220 saddles on official servers.

You can find those saddles, but the server automatically lowers them to cap after a little while.

Interestingly for blueprints, it doesnt lower the material costs to scale, making them incredibly costly for no reason

Official pc pve new servers. Wild tame stats there was a 414 wild tame (no mutes) and i thinl 12.5k hp seperately. As for finding a food rex when new servers dropped i literally tamed 50 rexes in two weekends. Torpor is high. Ko toss kibble and walk away. Very very ez tame. Like i said if u know where to look and farm it a decent bp was ez. My other 150 reaper popped tonight. Had less than 14k base and 310 base melee. I went and got prego again with a 135 seems like 145 plus are sucking. I want to like em better but they just feel so weak. My drakes are all 500 melee plus and seem to eat stuff better. My high melee mega definitely does. 

43 minutes ago, Rhinenorr said:

My 550% melee 89% imprinted reaper out dps my 680% melee 100% imprinted drake. If you lose a reaper to a rex it's because you chose poor location and terrain. Reapers take skill and arnt for just standing there trading blows like an idiot. Reapers rule, rexs drool, if you think otherwise, your a fool.

Attach speed is probably equive. Unless the base dmg is higher it aint out dpsing a rex of higher %dmg. This guy trolling through.

9 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Official pc pve new servers. Wild tame stats there was a 414 wild tame (no mutes) and i thinl 12.5k hp seperately. As for finding a food rex when new servers dropped i literally tamed 50 rexes in two weekends. Torpor is high. Ko toss kibble and walk away. Very very ez tame. Like i said if u know where to look and farm it a decent bp was ez. My other 150 reaper popped tonight. Had less than 14k base and 310 base melee. I went and got prego again with a 135 seems like 145 plus are sucking. I want to like em better but they just feel so weak. My drakes are all 500 melee plus and seem to eat stuff better. My high melee mega definitely does. 

Dont forget imprint for those reapers. Also are those 50 noraml rexes or 50 level 145-150  that have high hp or melee, because rexes are 3 easy but good high level rexes not so much. Reapers have same melee as a megalo, same base and same growth. Anyway, we already went over the fact the reaper are alot weaker if not imprinted and i dont want things to get heated again. I farmed, swamp, snow, deep sea, cave, normal beacon, underwater cave, lierally everything, lierally, and got nothing even after i raised the supply quality to 5, i still get nothing, i just get carno, quetz, giga, diplo, etc ascendent saddles but only 1 ramshakle rex. 

Archived