Reaper King

iAmE

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, considering that we can argue which and both have very good points between something that you just tame straight off and something that takes months of breeding, hunting, luck, and saddle finding, anyway reaper and rex strenght is around argue to be super close in strenght but atleast reapers also have a super jump and tons of attacks. Rexes for very slightly more power but slower, less agile/ moble, alot longer timme to get,  and reapers for versitility, mobility, speed, time to get, etc and gigas for attack but bad he as th a risk to users. They allbare very close and better then each other at certain things, although the reaper flat out slaughters them in a bada** ness competition.

I pesonally chose a reaper over a suber breed giga/ rex because they are close in strength but reapers just take vastly less time to get and move around alot better and look cooler.

20 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Anyway, considering that we can argue which and both have very good points between something that you just tame straight off and something that takes months of breeding, hunting, luck, and saddle finding, anyway reaper and rex strenght is around argue to be super close in strenght but atleast reapers also have a super jump and tons of attacks. Rexes for very slightly more power but slower, less agile/ moble, alot longer timme to get,  and reapers for versitility, mobility, speed, time to get, etc and gigas for attack but bad he as th a risk to users. They allbare very close and better then each other at certain things, although the reaper flat out slaughters them in a bada** ness competition.

I pesonally chose a reaper over a suber breed giga/ rex because they are close in strength but reapers just take vastly less time to get and move around alot better and look cooler.

Rexes are far easier to get I'm guessing you don't play official, log onto any official server grind out bullets for a few hours and ask the alpha if you can buy a Rex egg most will sell you a 14k 450 dmg hatch Atleast, need a saddle ask the alpha what mats there saddle BP cost tell them you'll gather the mats for 3 saddles, 2 for them one for you. Boss rexes are so easy to get every tribe on every server has them

@TigerH99 

I agree with most of what you're saying, but the Giga is a lot stronger than you think. An imprinted one will have around 34k health, and a good Giga will have around 4-5 times the damage of even the best Rex.

@iAmE

I think the stated goal line has moved haha. I thought the goal was to have stats comparable to a mutton-tamed Mega (which oddly enough is already better than a Rex in an apples-to-apples comparison). Now we're talking about beating super-bred Rexes (or Gigas?) who are prepared with with ascendant saddles, mate-boosting, and charge light. And doing so by just mashing the basic attack and not using his knockback, projectile, or anything else.

Also, are you using an imprinted Reaper for comparison or an unimprinted one? Reapers get a huge buff from imprinting, second only to the Giga.

I have a 150, a 145 growing and another 150 in my char currently. Aint seen one yet be more viable than other dinos. We have strong drakes so farming reapers with drakes is easier since you have a ways to go to get them. Same thing with the drake pit. Before and after the buffs i have tried farming meat and that 150 still felt weak as hell. That being said i totally disagree with the wyverns being almost useless. Wyverns were one of the most beneficial dinos to our success. We got them early before most ppl allowing us to easily go tame things in bad places and tame some things easier being able to block stuff in and tranq. I play pve so we cant normally grab things wild like u can if you are pvping. A good light wyvern can do a huge amount of dmg with a channeled blast. One tribemate farmed titans and was one of the earliest ppl to hit level 100 on the servers we played. So far reapers are clunky, and still seem questionably weak(though since i have several i will give them more chance). I got mega right now with 9k hp and 367 melee(official pve server). With imprint and good saddle it will trash most things.

1 hour ago, Lockjaw said:

I think the stated goal line has moved haha. I thought the goal was to have stats comparable to a mutton-tamed Mega (which oddly enough is already better than a Rex in an apples-to-apples comparison). Now we're talking about beating super-bred Rexes (or Gigas?) who are prepared with with ascendant saddles, mate-boosting, and charge light. And doing so by just mashing the basic attack and not using his knockback, projectile, or anything else.

Also, are you using an imprinted Reaper for comparison or an unimprinted one? Reapers get a huge buff from imprinting, second only to the Giga.

That's only because you aren't paying attention :P

The statement I made that he's contesting is that I think the reaper is in a decent place. Usable without feeling bad in every scenario, and the best in none of them. Like the Wyvern. 

As for the nuts and bolts of the posts, I was pointing out that the Reaper is simply inferior to standard bred (Not super bred) Rexes/Megas for most applications you'd use them for. Boss fights, the Rexes/Megas pull out ahead due to Mate Boost, Breeding and the saddle scaling. PvP it's inferior to Gigas and guns. Running Reapers, Mega's are just better. Drakes do Eggs better.

I was only using the assumption that the reaper is fully imprinted (He was using single player stats, and I was comparing them to his own given rex stats, which are likely not single player stats), and Rexes always come out ahead mathematically and practically. 

The Reaper is a viable alternative to the Rex/Mega in most cases, but isn't better then them. Which is something I've stated before I'm happy about. Only thing I would like to see change is *maybe* an adjustment to the nameless mechanic in conjunction to the reaper. Other then that, I think it's in a good spot. 

2 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

Tamed gigas dont have alott of healrh and get resisted, they may do double damage of rex but they will only have 25k hp. also reapers are tankier then rexes, more health and resistance, its insanely hard (playing for 3 years and im yet to findba rex saddle higher then ramshakle) to get 20 ascendant saddles for 20 rexes but reapers come with a natural one and more health. Bosses couldnt scratch a reaper.

Tamed Gigas hit for 480 damage base. Reaper hits for 75. A bred Giga will be hitting 4-600% melee with 480 damage base, which is well over double the amount of damage your reaper is doing per bite, with comparable HP in the light.

As for Rex Saddles. Yeah. Dunno why you have such a hard problem. We have half a dozen, to a dozen blueprints ranging from Journeyman to Ascendant that can hit 120 (Armor cap). Are you looking in underwater drops, underwater cave drops and Ice Cave drops?

3 hours ago, TBoa said:

Rexes are far easier to get I'm guessing you don't play official, log onto any official server grind out bullets for a few hours and ask the alpha if you can buy a Rex egg most will sell you a 14k 450 dmg hatch Atleast, need a saddle ask the alpha what mats there saddle BP cost tell them you'll gather the mats for 3 saddles, 2 for them one for you. Boss rexes are so easy to get every tribe on every server has them

Easy to get a rex but not easy to get a max umprinted mutated rex , you need a max rex with many points into health, a max rex with manypoints into melee, then you need to breed them for babies the both the high melee and high health, then you got to breed hundreds of rexes to get 40 mutations into melee which funding the rexws takes days, finding ones with good melee and good health takes weeks, and breeding for 40 melee mutations could take almost a year, also finding a saddle bp is insanely rre, you are just buying it from people who did all the work for you.

"Oh it so easy to get a super rex, you just buy it from someone else" really bro? Really?

3 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

@TigerH99 

I agree with most of what you're saying, but the Giga is a lot stronger than you think. An imprinted one will have around 34k health, and a good Giga will have around 4-5 times the damage of even the best Rex.

@iAmE

Mine is imprinted but the queen was a 135 and a bit to much went into foid and weight, and speed/oxy

3 hours ago, iAmE said:

That's only because you aren't paying attention :P

The statement I made that he's contesting is that I think the reaper is in a decent place. Usable without feeling bad in every scenario, and the best in none of them. Like the Wyvern. 

As for the nuts and bolts of the posts, I was pointing out that the Reaper is simply inferior to standard bred (Not super bred) Rexes/Megas for most applications you'd use them for. Boss fights, the Rexes/Megas pull out ahead due to Mate Boost, Breeding and the saddle scaling. PvP it's inferior to Gigas and guns. Running Reapers, Mega's are just better. Drakes do Eggs better.

I was only using the assumption that the reaper is fully imprinted (He was using single player stats, and I was comparing them to his own given rex stats, which are likely not single player stats), and Rexes always come out ahead mathematically and practically. 

The Reaper is a viable alternative to the Rex/Mega in most cases, but isn't better then them. Which is something I've stated before I'm happy about. Only thing I would like to see change is *maybe* an adjustment to the nameless mechanic in conjunction to the reaper. Other then that, I think it's in a good spot. 

Tamed Gigas hit for 480 damage base. Reaper hits for 75. A bred Giga will be hitting 4-600% melee with 480 damage base, which is well over double the amount of damage your reaper is doing per bite, with comparable HP in the light.

As for Rex Saddles. Yeah. Dunno why you have such a hard problem. We have half a dozen, to a dozen blueprints ranging from Journeyman to Ascendant that can hit 120 (Armor cap). Are you looking in underwater drops, underwater cave drops and Ice Cave drops?

Giga do double damage but alot less health, also, every kind of red drop there us, i even tried turning supply drop quality to 5 to better the odds, it just made me get a bunch of ascendent diplo and paracer , and giga saddles along with ghille,fur, and flak. Rex saddles are impossible for me so i just use tek saddles but i only have one because they are very expensive.

Also most pvp i see just uses character in flak with high speed sprinting past turrets and spamming c4 after they drain with a tank dino,they like to use fab snipers alot for enemy players,  then they go in and kill the dino with rexes, rarely ever see a giga after all the nerfs.

Also the rex i was talking about was super breed offical rexes like the ones in seerower video, 17k health and 500 melee after imprinting and i then do the math to see what a sp one would be like after leveling, come out with around 60k hp and 1300% melee, that wss the rex i was comparing to my reaper, 55k is less then 75k, reaper resistance is better then a ascendent saddle, and damage is little.less but difference isny as vbug as the health and damage resistance difference. Reapers are also have breed imprint and have resistance better then a saddle, only thing rex/ mega got over them for bosses is mate boost. Also reapers are stronger then drake and so the kill them in the drake nest area more easily.

Ps i forgot what the base melee for seerower super rex, in school so i cant check, i just think it was 500 after mutations.

1 hour ago, TigerH99 said:

Easy to get a rex but not easy to get a max umprinted mutated rex , you need a max rex with many points into health, a max rex with manypoints into melee, then you need to breed them for babies the both the high melee and high health, then you got to breed hundreds of rexes to get 40 mutations into melee which funding the rexws takes days, finding ones with good melee and good health takes weeks, and breeding for 40 melee mutations could take almost a year, also finding a saddle bp is insanely rre, you are just buying it from people who did all the work for you.

"Oh it so easy to get a super rex, you just buy it from someone else" really bro? Really?

Those rexes exist on almost every official server I understand what your saying yes it would take one person a long time to breed rexes up to that tier but it isn't 1 person breeding them it's 800 servers worth of people and once new good stats pop up the eggs just go around. everyone try's to sell them or gives them to allies 14k HP is about 60 wild levels distributed into HP stat 450 damage is about 70 levels in damage these are what my rexes hatch with atm we play on official non legacy those servers are only about 4 months old so it doesn't take that long for good eggs to become available saddles can be tricky to find if you don't no where to look only certain drops have them in there loot pools, I find caves are the best place to get them I've pulled 2 100+ armour bp's and about 5 <100 armour again all on official new servers. 3 weeks into those servers opening an Ally gave me some 12.5 421 Rex eggs did they take a year to breed ? 

1 hour ago, TBoa said:

Those rexes exist on almost every official server I understand what your saying yes it would take one person a long time to breed rexes up to that tier but it isn't 1 person breeding them it's 800 servers worth of people and once new good stats pop up the eggs just go around. everyone try's to sell them or gives them to allies 14k HP is about 60 wild levels distributed into HP stat 450 damage is about 70 levels in damage these are what my rexes hatch with atm we play on official non legacy those servers are only about 4 months old so it doesn't take that long for good eggs to become available saddles can be tricky to find if you don't no where to look only certain drops have them in there loot pools, I find caves are the best place to get them I've pulled 2 100+ armour bp's and about 5 <100 armour again all on official new servers. 3 weeks into those servers opening an Ally gave me some 12.5 421 Rex eggs did they take a year to breed ? 

Well everything is easy to get if you buy it.

9 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

Giga do double damage but alot less health

A tamed Giga will do, usually, somewhere between 1.5-2x the damage of your reaper, after some levels. A good tamed Giga could push 3x. A bred, levelled and imprinted giga, could push over 5x. A tamed Giga will have slightly less eHP then your reaper, but a bred Giga, will have substantially more, and to put that in perspective, that's from Official Server stats. Not Single Player stats. Given that your reaper is, quite literally, over twice the amount of stats that any Official server reaper will have. 

Also most pvp i see just uses character in flak with high speed sprinting past turrets and spamming c4 after they drain with a tank dino,they like to use fab snipers alot for enemy players,  then they go in and kill the dino with rexes, rarely ever see a giga after all the nerfs.

Well, that's part of the meta. What you are, selectively, not seeing, is that the Giga is mainly brought out in defense to kill those tank dinos. Or just dinos in general. The meta of what people are doing in raids is pretty different compared to what someone would do if confronted with a reaper on open or dry ground. 

Also the rex i was talking about was super breed offical rexes like the ones in seerower video, 17k health and 500 melee after imprinting and i then do the math to see what a sp one would be like after leveling, come out with around 60k hp and 1300% melee, that wss the rex i was comparing to my reaper, 55k is less then 75k, reaper resistance is better then a ascendent saddle, and damage is little.less but difference isny as vbug as the health and damage resistance difference. Reapers are also have breed imprint and have resistance better then a saddle, only thing rex/ mega got over them for bosses is mate boost. Also reapers are stronger then drake and so the kill them in the drake nest area more easily.

55k HP in boss fights would be 73k eHP (Mateboost), and they inherently do more damage then your reaper. The reaper resist is only better in boss fights (Because most people will bring light pets if PvP is a thing. Speaking as a member of an Official PvP mega-tribe, we've already bred them for use on Aberration and have plenty of them). Reapers have better imprinting, but without the imprinting, they're strictly worse then even tamed dinos. The better imprinting only makes them competitive. 

Mate Boost is a 33% damage reduction and damage increase, and it makes both the Mega and the Rex do more (In the rexes case) to substantially more (In the Megas case) damage then the reaper. It also bridges the gap between reaper's resist in the dark and saddle, as that gap is only 1-3%, while mate boost gives an additional multiplicative 33%.

I'm not saying reapers are bad. Just that Megas and Rexes will be better in most combat scenarios that you'd use a combat dino for, but not so much better that you overly gimp yourself using the Reaper.

As for drakes. You don't want to kill the drakes. You just want to run away from them. If you kill the high level drakes, they no longer lay eggs. 

1 hour ago, iAmE said:

A tamed Giga will do, usually, somewhere between 1.5-2x the damage of your reaper, after some levels. A good tamed Giga could push 3x. A bred, levelled and imprinted giga, could push over 5x. A tamed Giga will have slightly less eHP then your reaper, but a bred Giga, will have substantially more, and to put that in perspective, that's from Official Server stats. Not Single Player stats. Given that your reaper is, quite literally, over twice the amount of stats that any Official server reaper will have. 

Well, that's part of the meta. What you are, selectively, not seeing, is that the Giga is mainly brought out in defense to kill those tank dinos. Or just dinos in general. The meta of what people are doing in raids is pretty different compared to what someone would do if confronted with a reaper on open or dry ground. 

55k HP in boss fights would be 73k eHP (Mateboost), and they inherently do more damage then your reaper. The reaper resist is only better in boss fights (Because most people will bring light pets if PvP is a thing. Speaking as a member of an Official PvP mega-tribe, we've already bred them for use on Aberration and have plenty of them). Reapers have better imprinting, but without the imprinting, they're strictly worse then even tamed dinos. The better imprinting only makes them competitive. 

Mate Boost is a 33% damage reduction and damage increase, and it makes both the Mega and the Rex do more (In the rexes case) to substantially more (In the Megas case) damage then the reaper. It also bridges the gap between reaper's resist in the dark and saddle, as that gap is only 1-3%, while mate boost gives an additional multiplicative 33%.

I'm not saying reapers are bad. Just that Megas and Rexes will be better in most combat scenarios that you'd use a combat dino for, but not so much better that you overly gimp yourself using the Reaper.

As for drakes. You don't want to kill the drakes. You just want to run away from them. If you kill the high level drakes, they no longer lay eggs. 

Well its comparing a average reaper and a super breed rex and although rexes are 33% stronger with nate boost, it takes signifintley less time to get 20 reapers then beeeding 20 super rexes. Little less strenght but alot easier to get at first ( once you finally have 2 super rexes then you can just breed them but the saddle will still be a major problem) and they come with a natural ascendent saddle, no hunting for weeks straight and ending up only getting 1 MC rex saddle. Also more attacks aka range slow and aoe knockback along with a ultra jump.

Also its annoying killing only some drakes and avoiding others, i just kill them all and take every egg, you may not guarantee the best rock drake every time but honestly even the bad eggs are good for basilisk and imprint kibble.

Also who wouldnt imprint a reaper? You are meant to imprint them.

I do think they should make charge light weaken tamed reapers alot less or not at all. They wouldnt be op, they would just be basically a super breed rex that can be gotten without all the breeding and imprinting ( also  with better attacks, jumps and looks)

Well its comparing a average reaper and a super breed rex and although rexes are 33% stronger with nate boost, it takes signifintley less time to get 20 reapers then beeeding 20 super rexes. Little less strenght but alot easier to get at first ( once you finally have 2 super rexes then you can just breed them but the saddle will still be a major problem) and they come with a natural ascendent saddle, no hunting for weeks straight and ending up only getting 1 MC rex saddle. Also more attacks aka range slow and aoe knockback along with a ultra jump.

Also its annoying killing only some drakes and avoiding others, i just kill them all and take every egg, you may not guarantee the best rock drake every time but honestly even the bad eggs are good for basilisk and imprint kibble.

I do think they should make charge light weaken tamed reapers alot less or not at all. They wouldnt be op, they would just be basically a super breed rex that can be gotten without all the breeding and imprinting ( also  with better attacks, jumps and looks)

20 good rexes a heck of a lot easier than 20 decent reapers. Took us about 4 wks on new servers to have rexes good enough for all alpha bosses. Dragon included. I have a 150 a 145 and another 150 reaper in me. So far chit melee on all. Tribe has about 7 and like one has decent melee. Without the bosted single player stats reaper is weak. 

20 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Swamp cave for rex bp. We did full alpha evwrything with 11.2k hp 414 melee rexes on the new servers. When it takes like 20 bites on a wild lvl 90 paracer it doesnt exactly feel strong. Utility dino at best.

Mossa cave is better for them imo. you can just drop a bed and vault at the end and check when your bored 

21 minutes ago, TBoa said:

Mossa cave is better for them imo. you can just drop a bed and vault at the end and check when your bored 

What are u calling mossa cave? The one that u go up on the lnd at the end? For swamp i have an outpost with a barry and a gas mask. Can run cave every 30 mins and get 2 red drops and sometimes a yellow. I think i have gotten 3 asc rex bps 2 jm (one was a 79 jm) and a couple mc and apr

Also pve cant build in the caves

11 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

When i got my first reaper....3 imprint kibs uncraftable on official soooo 11% imp and rip. They aint that strong anyhow. I rode that 150 around for anhour last night again hoping it felt more than a pos......sadly it didnt. I can farm and kill a nameless spawn with my drakes with no light.....i can barely kill em at all and certainly cant kill a spawn with the reaper and no light. Maybe i will win the lottery and get a 1 decent reaper with the 150 i am carrying.... (at least u can breed the rex stats) and i will try it. 

6 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

When i got my first reaper....3 imprint kibs uncraftable on official soooo 11% imp and rip. They aint that strong anyhow. I rode that 150 around for anhour last night again hoping it felt more than a pos......sadly it didnt. I can farm and kill a nameless spawn with my drakes with no light.....i can barely kill em at all and certainly cant kill a spawn with the reaper and no light. Maybe i will win the lottery and get a 1 decent reaper with the 150 i am carrying.... (at least u can breed the rex stats) and i will try it. 

I really think they should let you use the tek cloner to splice genetics of unbreedable creatures.

Thats way dinos like the reaper could have a chance to compete.

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

20 good rexes a heck of a lot easier than 20 decent reapers. Took us about 4 wks on new servers to have rexes good enough for all alpha bosses. Dragon included. I have a 150 a 145 and another 150 reaper in me. So far chit melee on all. Tribe has about 7 and like one has decent melee. Without the bosted single player stats reaper is weak. 

I was talking about  max reapers and super breed rexes (21 mutations into both melee and health full imprint), reapers are east to get, i just fight a queen, get it low, turn off my light and it grabs me of my drake and impregnates me. Super rexes need tons of breeding and you need a saddle for all 20, even after raising supply drop quality to 5, 5 months of serching every drop of every kind only gave me 1 ramshakle 32 armor rex saddle, and you need 20 ascendent ones. Also sp max  reapers are strong as sp super rexes, difference in power dosent change between mp reapers and mp rexes. Also sp boost is only slight. Is breed times, harvest rates, and boss strenght that is mostly effected by it, also boss arena timer is removed, check the wiki on Sp mode.

Also theri are better for dragon then rex because they take reduced fire damage and heal with herb cakes while hitting just as hard as a rex.

Archived