Reaper King

iAmE

I feel like they should give tamed reapers a 10x damage boost to wild reapers not under charge light effect, to counteract their massive damage reduction of 90%... Because there is a counterproductive dilemma forcing you to debuff your own reaper, because the benefits of turning off your light pet (dont get debuffed!) are outweighed heavily by the sheer power that wilds gain... Making fighting queens with the reaper (supposedly the strongest mount in the dlc) too risky compared to a drake.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Trojanweed said:

todays patch was suppose to buff them, I'm sitting at work wondering if they have been drastically improved or got a minor buff.

any feedback on the changes today?

I spawned one to try out, and it seems that, like @Wazzamaniac said, their melee is significantly better. I can't really compare HP stats because I don't have much to compare against before the buff

11 minutes ago, Trojanweed said:

this morning I tested a reaper before the patch and it was doing around 3k dps at around 300% melee.   a mega was doing almost twice those numbers and was only a lvl 200 tamed with about 350% melee. 

Megas were hitting faster. 

It might just be a placebo effect... But is the reaper biting faster now? Havent really used mine much since I was scared to lose it lol

9 hours ago, Envi said:

yeah reapers do need a buff imho, sit there and grind for it only to be better off with raising spinos in that duration instead of wasting the time on it.

It used to be strictly worse then a mutton tamed carno with a good saddle. Now, it's slightly better from what I can tell. At least it's a start. They've acknowledged that the dino is awful, but, unsurprisingly, they don't seem to know *why*. 

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

still seems like a nice looking walking pile of crapola, even tamed fresh ones and stats look just as junk as before.

Honestly. At least they hit as hard as mutton tamed megas do now. So you don't feel *bad* about taking one out. It's only slightly worse then most of your megas, where as before it was significantly worse. They still don't stack up nearly as well in a straight up fight as a Basilisk, Rock Drake or Mega, but for anything besides getting drake eggs, killing/fighting reaper queens and PvPing, they are a valid choice. Similar to how the Wyvern loses in fights to almost any major combat dino, but you still take out because the speed makes it worth using. 

That being said, I still need to test the "In the dark" damage reduction bonus, because I still haven't received a reliable answer to whether or not that was changed. If it has, that could make a significant difference. Reapers already have a strong base health pool, it just lacks the armor that other dinos do, which does mean that they effectively have a quarter the health pool compared to those dinos, an increase in that resist stat could make them pretty competitive pretty fast. 

16 hours ago, iAmE said:

Honestly. At least they hit as hard as mutton tamed megas do now. So you don't feel *bad* about taking one out. It's only slightly worse then most of your megas, where as before it was significantly worse. They still don't stack up nearly as well in a straight up fight as a Basilisk, Rock Drake or Mega, but for anything besides getting drake eggs, killing/fighting reaper queens and PvPing, they are a valid choice. Similar to how the Wyvern loses in fights to almost any major combat dino, but you still take out because the speed makes it worth using. 

That being said, I still need to test the "In the dark" damage reduction bonus, because I still haven't received a reliable answer to whether or not that was changed. If it has, that could make a significant difference. Reapers already have a strong base health pool, it just lacks the armor that other dinos do, which does mean that they effectively have a quarter the health pool compared to those dinos, an increase in that resist stat could make them pretty competitive pretty fast. 

Not sure about ur wyverns but i can kill most stuff with mine. These reapers dont hold jack on them. And our megas of 570ish percent out hit the 650% melee reaper. Or at least on thatch dummy. So they get more dmg but still crap dmg. I run around to troll ppl. Everything fighting wise can be done with something easilly better. 

4 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Not sure about ur wyverns but i can kill most stuff with mine. These reapers dont hold jack on them. And our megas of 570ish percent out hit the 650% melee reaper. Or at least on thatch dummy. So they get more dmg but still crap dmg. I run around to troll ppl. Everything fighting wise can be done with something easilly better. 

I tested the reaper and it is vastly stronger now, i had a wild level 130 spino attack my fully imprinted reaper and saddled imprinted drake and it hit the drake for 42-50 damage while it only hit the reaper for 10 damage, also seems they have slightly better health gain, my 161 reached 50k health with only 20 points in health. Along with that , no matter if i had my bulbdog light on or off the damage resistance never changed because it was only hit for 8 (8 instead of 10 because i am riding it, rider bonus) and still only hit for 8 with it off. Also i hit the spino once with it and it did 770 damage to the spino and then i turned the light of and hit it and still did 770.

So just a level 161 now is able to have 50k health, a natural high end ascendent saddle armor reduction (about 160-180 armor worth of resistance) , hit for 770 with 798 melee, and appears to no longer be wraken in anyway by charge. A level 296 would probably be able to get around 70k health and considering the insanely high, unweakenable resistance, its tanky af, along with that more then likely be able to hit for around 1.2-1.4k makes it stronger then a max breed rex and breed giga, pretty good, hope its dosent get nerfed.

Tested it also. On singleplayer, It was doing exactly 20% of the original damage. 

Weirdly, on official, it was 30% (70% reduction without imprint). Maybe the type of reaper spawned was different.

Still, excluding imprint which wasnt even considered, that is some pretty epic armor. And it works on other maps, at least as far as singleplayer goes... Gotta try on official since armor changed this might too...

14 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

I *can* kill most stuff with my reaper. Thatch Dummies are wildly inaccurate so it's not even worth talking about them.

However the same thing you say about reaper, is/are true of Wyverns too. 

4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

I *can* kill most stuff with my reaper. Thatch Dummies are wildly inaccurate so it's not even worth talking about them.

However the same thing you say about reaper, is/are true of Wyverns too. 

My newest level 281 reaper ( vanilla singleplayer mode, difficulty 5) has 75k health, hits for 1100 and resists 90% of all damage, also it has a range slow attack, a 360 degree aoe knockback attack and it can jump insanely high.

8 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

My newest level 281 reaper ( vanilla singleplayer mode, difficulty 5) has 75k health, hits for 1100 and resists 90% of all damage, also it has a range slow attack, a 360 degree aoe knockback attack and it can jump insanely high.

And loses in a fight to a guy on a decent rex with a decent saddle and a light pet.

The point I was making is that Reapers are similar to the Wyverns, which is that they are fairly insignificant to the majority of content because they are inferior to other options.

(Also it isn't vanilla if your reaper is hitting for 1100. 1100 is almost 1.1k-1.5k% melee damage, as the base damage of a reaper is 75, training dummies are wildly inaccurate).  

8 minutes ago, iAmE said:

And loses in a fight to a guy on a decent rex with a decent saddle and a light pet.

The point I was making is that Reapers are similar to the Wyverns, which is that they are fairly insignificant to the majority of content because they are inferior to other options.

(Also it isn't vanilla if your reaper is hitting for 1100. 1100 is almost 1.5k% melee damage, as the base damage of a reaper is 75).  

My reaper has 1150 melee, and damage overlays show it hitting wild dinos for 1100. Its vanilla singleplayer mode, no boosted stats, make difgiculty is 5. Alsoeven with a light pet , a guy on a secent rex couldnt beat it. 75k hp, moderate resistance even under light and high damage would beat a rex. To lose to a rex,the rex would need a light pet, max level fully imprinted with max melee mutations and a saddle of 70 armor or more, not just some regular 1-2 gen level 279 rex with a mastercraft/ journeyman saddle.

Uts better then my 295 megalo ( it has 35k more hp, hits for 100 more damage, and takes alot less damage per hit) its also better then my 3 gen max level fully imprinted rex on the island which only has 44k health and only hits for 978 damage and has a tek saddle. Defenitly not a insignificant to most content ( especially since the other maps dont have charge, it will be rare for your reaper to run into charge on theisland/ SE) its the best mount for rockwell and maybe also able to enter the island boss arenas ( if it can then gg to boss rexes).

6 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

My reaper has 1150 melee, and damage overlays show it hitting wild dinos for 1100. Its vanilla singleplayer mode. Alsoeven with a light pet , a guy on a secent rex couldnt beat it. 75k hp, moderate resistance even under light and high damage would beat a rex. To lose to a rex,the rex would need a light pet, max level fully imprinted with max melee mutations and a saddle of 70 armor or more, not just some regular 1-2 gen level 279 rex with a mastercraft/ journeyman saddle.

My Rexes usually have around 45k HP and 9-1.1k% melee. They aren't the best breed we have, let alone that exist. The 120 armor saddle I use doesn't disappear if someone uses a light pet (Yours does, which reduces your HP to a quarter or so). It isn't max mutations. They pop at around 250-280 (We haven't 100% bred the food/oxy stats yet). 

Realistically, all anyone on, probably even a mutton tamed rex needs, to beat a reaper is the light pet. Which reduces your damage reduction from ~85% to 0%. Or use an Allo Pack, which would bleed you out far before you killed them.

1150% melee fully imprinted would do it, but even post-buff, you got a hell of a roll, as running a 75k +1150% melee on a fully imprinted reaper is easily a 70+ roll in both health and melee. By contrast, my 150+75+~50 Reaper King with 45 points in Health and *all* health pump and full imprinting is barely scratching 90k HP on Official PvP. He also has no where near 1150% melee. 

9 minutes ago, iAmE said:

My Rexes usually have around 45k HP and 9-1.1k% melee. They aren't the best breed we have, let alone that exist. The 120 armor saddle I use doesn't disappear if someone uses a light pet (Yours does, which reduces your HP to a quarter or so). It isn't max mutations. They pop at around 250-280 (We haven't 100% bred the food/oxy stats yet). 

Realistically, all anyone on, probably even a mutton tamed rex needs, to beat a reaper is the light pet. Which reduces your damage reduction from ~85% to 0%. Or use an Allo Pack, which would bleed you out far before you killed them.

1150% melee fully imprinted would do it, but even post-buff, you got a hell of a roll, as running a 75k +1150% melee on a fully imprinted reaper is easily a 70+ roll in both health and melee. By contrast, my 150+75+~50 Reaper King with 45 points in Health and *all* health pump and full imprinting is barely scratching 90k HP on Official PvP. He also has no where near 1150% melee. 

It could easily kill the allos , thing dont have much health, if a allo cant kill a rex then it cant kill a reaper. light pets dont reduce resistance to 0, they quarter it, its the wild ones that get reduced to 0. A rex couldnt do 75k damage before dying to a reaper, reaper got to much health and damage along with some resistance even in light. Also in SP mode, all mounts are slightly stronger to make up for having no friends.

8 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

It could easily kill the allos , thing dont have much health, if a allo cant kill a rex then it cant kill a reaper. light pets dont reduce resistance to 0, they quarter it, its the wild ones that get reduced to 0. A rex couldnt do 75k damage before dying to a reaper, reaper got to much health and damage along with some resistance even in light. Also in SP mode, all mounts are slightly stronger to make up for having no friends.

Battle Allos can and will have 40-50k HP. It's the only stat it needs. Allo bleed doesn't ignore saddle armor, but it ignores the damage redux inherent to creatures (IE Turtles and Reaper). Even if we're talking about reducing it to 25%, the Rex has roughly 330k eHP where as your reaper would have ~94k eHP in the light due to the differences in saddles. 

As for in Single Player. We aren't talking about "Slightly" we're talking about you having, literally, almost as much HP as a 150+75 reaper with 45 points in HP inherent (Above average) and 50 points pumped in health with literally over triple the damage. To put it in perspective, if those rexes were equivalent "Single player" mounts, the Rexes would have like 90k HP and 3k% melee. Oh and mate boost.

7 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Battle Allos can and will have 40-50k HP. It's the only stat it needs. Allo bleed doesn't ignore saddle armor, but it ignores the damage redux inherent to creatures (IE Turtles and Reaper). Even if we're talking about reducing it to 25%, the Rex has roughly 330k eHP where as your reaper would have ~94k eHP in the light due to the differences in saddles. 

As for in Single Player. We aren't talking about "Slightly" we're talking about you having, literally, almost as much HP as a 150+75 reaper with 45 points in HP inherent (Above average) and 50 points pumped in health with literally over triple the damage. To put it in perspective, if those rexes were equivalent "Single player" mounts, the Rexes would have like 90k HP and 3k% melee. Oh and mate boost.

Well mine is only 15 less levels and had 35 points intohealth and only has 75k,yours has 90k. Also sp breed rexes get up to around 60k health and 1.5k melee post imprinting and mutating. Also it highly unlikly for anyone on the island map (aberration cant get rexes but the island can get reapers) to have a charge pet. It will he very rare and most of the time you will never be weakened. On aberration there there is charge, there are no rexes and the reaper reins supreme. Also in ovp talk, the allos are super easy to be sniper off of, oeople rarely ever use allos, its mainly bronto, rex, and giga. Also with 75k hp and rider imprint resistance and the reaper remaining  resiistance ( tamed reapers arnt as weaken by charge as wild ones, they keep some of there resistance) the eHP is more of the 140k-150k area while under charge and 650k-750k area while not effected (and sinces you will only see rex on yhe island, you will most likely no be effected) also it hits harder then a rex. Better ehp in most sensrios and better damage, also knock back juggling via tail spamming sometimes works if you are good with timing the attack.

Dont expectc a reply for 8-14 hours because i am going to sleep and school is tomarrow, its 12:07 AM atm.

16 minutes ago, TigerH99 said:

Well mine is only 15 less levels and had 35 points intohealth and only has 75k,yours has 90k. Also sp breed rexes get up to around 60k health and 1.5k melee post imprinting and mutating.

Yeah. Those rexes would walk all over your Reaper with a charge pet, so my statement isn't exactly wrong. 120 Armor saddles are roughly 90% damage reduction against non-armor shredding (Giga/Bronto/Rex/Reaper?/Mega) attacks. Which would give them roughly 600k HP. Even in the dark, your eHP tops out at 750k (With more damage), but with a light, your eHP comes in under 100k. 

Even compared to Megas, the Reaper is weaker in the light, which is relevant to almost everything (IE no reason to farm drake eggs when a drake is easier, nor any reason to do queens with a reaper when the mega is better due to being able to use a light with it, and higher damage, easier to use a Mega in the boss fight due to use of light as well). 

That was kind of my point. The reaper is a solid dino, and you can use it, but for most things out there, it's just worse at any given job then an alternative. Just like the Wyvern. (I shudder to think what a good giga would be on SP, considering current gen Official PvP Gigas are knocking around 500-600% melee already)

10 minutes ago, iAmE said:

Yeah. Those rexes would walk all over your Reaper with a charge pet, so my statement isn't exactly wrong. 120 Armor saddles are roughly 90% damage reduction against non-armor shredding (Giga/Bronto/Rex/Reaper?/Mega) attacks. Which would give them roughly 600k HP. Even in the dark, your eHP tops out at 750k (With more damage), but with a light, your eHP comes in under 100k. 

Even compared to Megas, the Reaper is weaker in the light, which is relevant to almost everything (IE no reason to farm drake eggs when a drake is easier, nor any reason to do queens with a reaper when the mega is better due to being able to use a light with it, and higher damage, easier to use a Mega in the boss fight due to use of light as well). 

That was kind of my point. The reaper is a solid dino, and you can use it, but for most things out there, it's just worse at any given job then an alternative. Just like the Wyvern. (I shudder to think what a good giga would be on SP, considering current gen Official PvP Gigas are knocking around 500-600% melee already)

Reaper isnt nearly as effected as wild ones and it actually slaughters queens and kings in second with little damage done to itself. Also you dont need a light pet to fight rockwell and when he summons the reapers, just quickly turn it on, have your reaper 2-3 shot them and turn it back off, its alot eaiser to use reaper fir boss, also apparently the reaper can enter the island and SE boss arena that have no charge so they are vastly better then rexes for bosses, alot more health, alot more resistance ( there is no charge in boss arenas) more damage and better agility and attack pool. Unless they patch it, reapers will be the go to tame for manticore, mega, broodmother, rockwell, overseer. ( not dragon, he ignore health and armor, theri with cake are best for dragon because if their herbivore fure resistance and percentage cake healing) reaper amazing for aberration pvp ( no rexes, closet is megalo but it can be crabbed and sniped, anazing for island /SE pvp because you willl rarely ever see a charge pet, the best fir most bosses, the best for pve battling. It is pretty significant. You will rarley ever see a completely max rex with an high end ascendant saddle AND a transfered light pet anyway, 90% of the time, you crush. Anyway. Off to bed, can NOT reply anymore because i MUST sleep now, bye for now.

3 hours ago, TigerH99 said:

Reaper isnt nearly as effected as wild ones and it actually slaughters queens and kings in second with little damage done to itself. Also you dont need a light pet to fight rockwell and when he summons the reapers, just quickly turn it on, have your reaper 2-3 shot them and turn it back off, its alot eaiser to use reaper fir boss, also apparently the reaper can enter the island and SE boss arena that have no charge so they are vastly better then rexes for bosses, alot more health, alot more resistance ( there is no charge in boss arenas) more damage and better agility and attack pool. Unless they patch it, reapers will be the go to tame for manticore, mega, broodmother, rockwell, overseer. ( not dragon, he ignore health and armor, theri with cake are best for dragon because if their herbivore fure resistance and percentage cake healing) reaper amazing for aberration pvp ( no rexes, closet is megalo but it can be crabbed and sniped, anazing for island /SE pvp because you willl rarely ever see a charge pet, the best fir most bosses, the best for pve battling. It is pretty significant. You will rarley ever see a completely max rex with an high end ascendant saddle AND a transfered light pet anyway, 90% of the time, you crush. Anyway. Off to bed, can NOT reply anymore because i MUST sleep now, bye for now.

You don't need a light pet, but a Mega with a light pet just does it faster, as its dps is fairly significantly higher. The damage on a mega is the same, but the mega attacks faster, can be bred to have much better stats and gets mate boost. That's assuming they're ridden, Reapers might be the better choice for unridden mounts. You can use Reapers for the boss, but why would you go through the trouble when a Mega does it better? That's all I'm saying. 

As for Rexes vs Reapers for boss fights. You won't use reapers for it, because in boss fights, Rexes are both tankier, and do more damage thanks to the combination of breeding and mateboost (For comparison, Reapers have a base of 75 while Mate Boosted Rexes will have a base damage of ~81, and the Rex stats you gave will have an eHP roughly 10% higher then that of even your super-reaper.

Manticore and Dragon are run by either Rhinos or Therizinos (I wonder if Reapers resists decrease the flame breath) normally, and any progressing tribe will be much better off using those two tames. Brood is run by bugbears. I'm not sure what people use on the Mega, but all things considering, the reaper is simply strictly worse then a decent Rex with a decent saddle as we've already established.

Reapers, with their new buffs, might indeed take the cake for Aberration PvP as a "Giga"-esque role, but while the Mega is vulnerable to crabs, Reapers become basically Spinos in the light, which is a significant weakness. Couple that with Flashbangs and I really wonder if mounted dinos will ever have any bearing in a heads up fight on Aberration. If that is the case (Where mounted dinos don't get used), Reapers might come out on top as long as Megas remain bugged. 

As for what you will rarely see or not. You're right, you will rarely see a rex and transferred light pet. You'll see something worse, and that's a Giga, which hands down, will eat you for breakfast. Particularly if it's imprinted. Even a tamed Giga probably has no issues eating a reaper, and given that's the most common response (That or you just getting picked/sniped off the back of a fairly slow moving mount), discussing the implications of a ridden Reaper in a combat capacity is probably not fruitful. It is worth noting that, in the case of people using Quetzals, Reapers are fair deterrents, as they can ground fliers with their tail attack. Outside of that, I don't see any application for them. 

Which is good and bad. It's a mount that has a large impact in a closed Aberration environment, but is not hands-down the best at anything. It can be used, without hindering yourself horribly, in a variety of tasks, even if other dinos are better in that environment, but like the Wyvern, is largely inconsequential outside of that environment. Another bonus is that it's fairly balanced, the same of which can't be said about the Rock Drake, Basilisk and Giga. 

3 hours ago, iAmE said:

You don't need a light pet, but a Mega with a light pet just does it faster, as its dps is fairly significantly higher. The damage on a mega is the same, but the mega attacks faster, can be bred to have much better stats and gets mate boost. That's assuming they're ridden, Reapers might be the better choice for unridden mounts. You can use Reapers for the boss, but why would you go through the trouble when a Mega does it better? That's all I'm saying. 

As for Rexes vs Reapers for boss fights. You won't use reapers for it, because in boss fights, Rexes are both tankier, and do more damage thanks to the combination of breeding and mateboost (For comparison, Reapers have a base of 75 while Mate Boosted Rexes will have a base damage of ~81, and the Rex stats you gave will have an eHP roughly 10% higher then that of even your super-reaper.

Manticore and Dragon are run by either Rhinos or Therizinos (I wonder if Reapers resists decrease the flame breath) normally, and any progressing tribe will be much better off using those two tames. Brood is run by bugbears. I'm not sure what people use on the Mega, but all things considering, the reaper is simply strictly worse then a decent Rex with a decent saddle as we've already established.

Reapers, with their new buffs, might indeed take the cake for Aberration PvP as a "Giga"-esque role, but while the Mega is vulnerable to crabs, Reapers become basically Spinos in the light, which is a significant weakness. Couple that with Flashbangs and I really wonder if mounted dinos will ever have any bearing in a heads up fight on Aberration. If that is the case (Where mounted dinos don't get used), Reapers might come out on top as long as Megas remain bugged. 

As for what you will rarely see or not. You're right, you will rarely see a rex and transferred light pet. You'll see something worse, and that's a Giga, which hands down, will eat you for breakfast. Particularly if it's imprinted. Even a tamed Giga probably has no issues eating a reaper, and given that's the most common response (That or you just getting picked/sniped off the back of a fairly slow moving mount), discussing the implications of a ridden Reaper in a combat capacity is probably not fruitful. It is worth noting that, in the case of people using Quetzals, Reapers are fair deterrents, as they can ground fliers with their tail attack. Outside of that, I don't see any application for them. 

Which is good and bad. It's a mount that has a large impact in a closed Aberration environment, but is not hands-down the best at anything. It can be used, without hindering yourself horribly, in a variety of tasks, even if other dinos are better in that environment, but like the Wyvern, is largely inconsequential outside of that environment. Another bonus is that it's fairly balanced, the same of which can't be said about the Rock Drake, Basilisk and Giga. 

Tamed gigas dont have alott of healrh and get resisted, they may do double damage of rex but they will only have 25k hp. also reapers are tankier then rexes, more health and resistance, its insanely hard (playing for 3 years and im yet to findba rex saddle higher then ramshakle) to get 20 ascendant saddles for 20 rexes but reapers come with a natural one and more health. Bosses couldnt scratch a reaper.

Archived