Reaper King mutations

PartyCat

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/2/2018 at 10:47 AM, banggugyangu said:

I have not seen a single bit of evidence of that being the case.  If someone has a picture of a dino with mutations (not just color, but the actual mutation screen) and no inbreeding on the family tree), then I'll concede.

I have had it happen multiple times! Most recent case was my allosaurus that hatched from two 150s! (the yellow is the mutation, topline and belly are natural)

24312723_10155878273894890_7066871946969

4f769269b7616a5a29f79ea313f72dbd.jpg

7 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Id also like to know this... Should I bee looking for a valentines queen or should i look for a high level and pray it has the colors

While I can't say I'm 100% sure because I haven't attempted a Vday reaper king yet, I am 99.9% sure that the color of the queen does NOT have an effect on the reaper kings colors. For example, my blue and orange reaper kings that I birthed did not match their queens. The queens were always regularly colored, but the kings came out orange and blue. 

So no, with the evidence I've seen I think it's random at birth on the colors.

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

Queen color has no effect whatsoever.
All our mutated reaper kings came from "normal" colored queens.
I've actually not even seen a queen with colors in the wild....

Mutated and event colors are not the same.   I also didn't find any event colored queens, so I agree that they likely don't spawn with event colors, but event colored kings are definitely a thing.  (A friend had one with all 3 event colors last night, but I forgot ask him about the queen >.>)

Yeah,  I don't think the queens can even spawn with event colors.  I went through about 50 queens last night and they were all normal colored.  I wanted to get one that was the inverse of those colors,  though I am disappointed with the choice of pink they went with for valentine's day events.  A less saturated pink would have been better than the magenta color.

2 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Yeah,  I don't think the queens can even spawn with event colors.  I went through about 50 queens last night and they were all normal colored.  I wanted to get one that was the inverse of those colors,  though I am disappointed with the choice of pink they went with for valentine's day events.  A less saturated pink would have been better than the magenta color.

I went looking for hours, I wanted a high level white backed one, but failed... Didnt find anything over 110 lol. Did get nearly 200k xp from that so not complaining too much.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:47 AM, banggugyangu said:

I have not seen a single bit of evidence of that being the case.  If someone has a picture of a dino with mutations (not just color, but the actual mutation screen) and no inbreeding on the family tree), then I'll concede.

Lmao are you serious???

Breeding causes mutations not Incest. I have proof via paracers on abb since I literally just tamed a 150 female with 9400 health, got a pink and purple baby paracer with 9800 health (stat mut).

no Incest needed. Theres also no proof only inbreeding causes mutaitons soo...

Edit: Seen the rest of the thread rip. Now you know lol

1 hour ago, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Lmao are you serious???

Breeding causes mutations not Incest. I have proof via paracers on abb since I literally just tamed a 150 female with 9400 health, got a pink and purple baby paracer with 9800 health (stat mut).

no Incest needed. Theres also no proof only inbreeding causes mutaitons soo...

Edit: Seen the rest of the thread rip. Now you know lol

There is reason for said assumption, though, because when mutations came about, they were originally proposed as a way to discourage mass inbreeding. Mutations were first proposed to be a negative aspect to counter the inbreeding that was happening in search of the perfect Rex. Regardless, way to quote a 1.5 month old post where I was asking for a single screen shot of evidence stating that my stance was purely based on anecdotal evidence and wasn't a firm stance to begin with. 

Also, and this is a huge problem in the ark community, why on earth do you all chastise someone who asks for proof in any conversation?  It's as if the majority of the posters on these forums believes the first account given to them and if anyone questions it, they just stick their fingers in their ears and yell that the other is wrong for questioning.  Wanting proof is not EVER a bad thing, even if the topic in question is something that is believed by the majority.  It takes a whole 10 seconds to post a screen shot. 

On 2/27/2018 at 5:28 AM, True1121 said:

That's not a Xmas reaper ... Its painted ... Its funny how dumb some ppl are ... If you've never breed Dinos then don't speak on it ... Kids.. Smh

If you're referring to the 2 screenshots in question, the way painting works on dinos, it's very 2D.  Cut the dino down the middle and paint on each side.   Any parts of the dino's mesh that overlap with other parts along that axis will receive the same color.   Both screenshots of even dinos are colored according to the regions of the dinos.  While it's possible to "settargetdinocolor" the colors that way, painting a reaper cannot result in hitting the colors specifically on their regions.  Also, a friend on official has a pink reaper from the vday event.  Again it's colored in a way that painting literally cannot achieve.

14 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

If you're referring to the 2 screenshots in question, the way painting works on dinos, it's very 2D.  Cut the dino down the middle and paint on each side.   Any parts of the dino's mesh that overlap with other parts along that axis will receive the same color.   Both screenshots of even dinos are colored according to the regions of the dinos.  While it's possible to "settargetdinocolor" the colors that way, painting a reaper cannot result in hitting the colors specifically on their regions.  Also, a friend on official has a pink reaper from the vday event.  Again it's colored in a way that painting literally cannot achieve.

Not to mention some colors for regions are not reproduceable with paint (see black dye for example, its not even close to black)

Archived