Reaper King mutations

PartyCat

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

Inbreeding has zero effect on getting new mutations

Inbreeding is what  CAUSES mutations, unless the devs actually program it in for dinos that can be raised, but not bred. 

@Linja Christmas dinos aren't exactly mutations, but grats on a christmas reaper.  I'm not sure how much I like the super-bright green on them, though.  (I think the normal black shell with the green skin and red belly would have looked awesome, though.)

45 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Inbreeding is what  CAUSES mutations, unless the devs actually program it in for dinos that can be raised, but not bred. 

@Linja Christmas dinos aren't exactly mutations, but grats on a christmas reaper.  I'm not sure how much I like the super-bright green on them, though.  (I think the normal black shell with the green skin and red belly would have looked awesome, though.)

Its not inbreeding. Its just regular breeding.

It is very possible to get mutations without the parent being related to each other.

11 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

I have not seen a single bit of evidence of that being the case.  If someone has a picture of a dino with mutations (not just color, but the actual mutation screen) and no inbreeding on the family tree), then I'll concede.

Sadly all of my breeding days are on my demolished legacy server. But one of the clearest is literally the first yutyrannus egg i have hatched from tamed parents. Will take a look at what my tribe has just in case

42 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

I have not seen a single bit of evidence of that being the case.  If someone has a picture of a dino with mutations (not just color, but the actual mutation screen) and no inbreeding on the family tree), then I'll concede.

Hes right it is true, they do not need to inbred to mutate.  This happened to me with Theris, Direwolves, and Rex's.  If I were at home I could provide a screenshot.  All babies regardless of parents have like a chance to either mutate, be twins, or triplets.  Unforunately you can also get a mutation on the lesser stat as well, which is basically useless unless you like the color.  Every stat mutation comes with a color mutation, but on some dinos the color region is not available. Also the color "mutation" can sometimes be a color in the wild, just different from their parents.

3 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

I look forward to your screenshots.  As I said,  I'll need to see it to believe it.  Biologically, it would make sense for a small chance to mutate by default that's amplified by inbreeding, but I haven't seen any mutations in all my breeding except via inbreeding.

Having inbreeding alter the percentage chance of a mutation was discussed as something that might one day be implemented, but currently that is not the case.

Anyone that has done a series on breeding (including myself) can confirm this.  There are a number of good videos on the subject, probably among the more popular ones is done by Tagback TV.  Yes, in many cases inbreeding happens as it's easier to just hang on to suitable female offspring instead of taming a complete stable from the wild... however that is done only for convenience, not out of necessity.

As I said,  I've not experienced it myself.   I'm willing to concede once  I see evidence.  I haven't personally done a TON of inbreeding, but (anecdotal as it is)  I've seen no mutations over about 500 unrelated breedings and 3 or 4 mutations over about 20 inbreedings.  Not saying that's not coincidental, but that's the results I've had personaly.

5 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

You are 100% wrong. Got a color mutation on my very first megalania baby. 

Just now, BaldBudgie said:

You are 100% wrong. Got a color mutation on my very first megalania baby. 

Again.... provide picture proof and  I will gladly concede...  I've said that 3 times before now in this very thread.  Your anecdotal evidence goes against MY OWN anecdotal evidence.   Provide real proof.  Take a screenshot showing no inbreeding with mutations.  If you're right, and I'm NOT saying you're wrong, then that should take 30 seconds tops to do.  Again.. I'm NOT saying you're wrong.  I'm saying it goes against my own experience and want to see real proof before I change my stance.

I like how this guy is so stubborn, many of us breeders know very well there's no need for incest breeding to be granted mutations, and as a breeder you get to the point where you will need to use a clean parent on one side to be granted anymore mutations on that bloodline. It's like telling someone the earth is not flat but they are asking for evidence for the earth being not flat.. Evidence literally everywhere.

6 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Again.... provide picture proof and  I will gladly concede...  I've said that 3 times before now in this very thread.  Your anecdotal evidence goes against MY OWN anecdotal evidence.   Provide real proof.  Take a screenshot showing no inbreeding with mutations.  If you're right, and I'm NOT saying you're wrong, then that should take 30 seconds tops to do.  Again.. I'm NOT saying you're wrong.  I'm saying it goes against my own experience and want to see real proof before I change my stance.

I dont care what you think. Lol! My message is just so that other ppl with a functional brain can see that you're spreading false rumors. 

Why dont you provide picture proof that your mutated dino is always inbred?

43 minutes ago, BaldBudgie said:

I dont care what you think. Lol! My message is just so that other ppl with a functional brain can see that you're spreading false rumors. 

Why dont you provide picture proof that your mutated dino is always inbred?

I'm not spreading anything.  I'm stating that my own experience goes against what you're saying.  I'm asking for actual proof otherwise and saying that, if said proof be provided (which is STUPIDLY easy to provide, as it would be a screenshot showing the ancestry list [which also shows mutations]) I would concede the point.  All you have done is made the opposite claim as my own without providing ANY proof otherwise and acted like everyone should take your word as fact.  Provide Proof.  It's really simple to do.  Also, a wise man once said "The first person to result to insults lost the argument."

6 hours ago, Gatrasmayer said:

Thank you.  I don't know why so many others had to be stubborn about this.  As I promised,  I concede the argument and stand corrected.

• 1 month later...

Archived