Whats stats for the rock drake

Danouk

4 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

using drake to cause dam is stupid tbh

my drake had 10k hp, 1433 stam, and 556 melee. I also had 100% imprint and typically run with a tribemate with a mate pair. i was killing two reaper queens at a time and slaughtered drakes while nest robbing. maybe you aint using ur drakes right. you cant always escape a nest by jumping out they will pin you in and if you cant fight your way out..... welll rip is all.

So what is your justification for claiming drake for dmg is stupid?

1 minute ago, Ugodzilla said:

i kill anything with pumpgun... attackspeed of a drake is way to low... as i said... its stupiud to use it for damage

lol so you run around on a perfectly capable drake and switch to gun view to fight? LOL. And you say dmg drakes are stupid. Maybe you just like farming tons of gunpowder for ammo all the time i dunno. the attack is slow but with adequate melee, rider bonus, and mate boost it shreds things. Like i said maybe you use your drakes wrong, or you got low weak drakes.

You talked about raiding with a drake... WHO the .... uses a Melee Drake with low HP ( 10k hp is low ) for raiding. Are you kidding.
And for Reapers. That things are so retarded, why bothering killing em besides pheromone oO. 

If you wanna see something that shreds stuff... watch a pack of high lvl breeded megalosaurus do their work

3 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

You talked about raiding with a drake... WHO the .... uses a Melee Drake with low HP ( 10k hp is low ) for raiding. Are you kidding.
And for Reapers. That things are so retarded, why bothering killing em besides pheromone oO. 

If you wanna see something that shreds stuff... watch a pack of high lvl breeded megalosaurus do their work

I think you have mistaken what has been said. I said for drake raiding.... as in raiding drake nests. It sounds like you imply for boss fights which i did not say. 

I agree the megas do more dmg, but they have a place and doesnt mean a melee drake is bad. The alpha boss kill was done with drakes to win the $2k on official. Not bc of melee dmg being super awesome but for utility it worked. Reaper queens awesome for xp, surface reapers are a nuisance while you get good drops for bps for raiding stuff. And megalos cant get out the bottom of the main pit without something like a paracer so u would have to manually climb down and back up with drake eggs to use megs alone for egg raiding. Melee drakes also collect ogranic poly ten times faster than megas bc they can easily sweep the rivers fast. 10k hp has been perfectly fine for everything including soloing reaper queens two at a time.

Just now, Ugodzilla said:

There is a way how you can bring em back up there. But easier with Spinos. But if you allready have a Drake. just invis, pick the egg. Fly away. They instantly lose aggro when you cross the elementriver

id love to know where you got the megalo back out of the bottom of the pit. either way to the OP point. 10k is adequate for most things aside for maybe boss fights. stam is also very important up to a point which for me is around 1400-1500. then i like my melee to kill things.

• 2 months later...

Older topic but I am now at this point. My friend raised her RD stats to high hp and high melee. No speed /stamina. its a pain to use and against 7 wild RD who pins you the hp drops fast. Now we have 380 RD on our server so imagine that damage and hp. Her RD is blessed with the highest stat being HP (+61) so it makes 100% sense to pump hp since you gain more.

I on the other hand got a decent egg with ok stats. High stamina but my lowest stat is hp (+33). I pumped him to 10k hp which is very low on a 300 max dino level (380wyvern/RD) server but its pointless to waste points on the lowest stat and unlike the lightning wyvern the RD can't really be capable of a being a glass canon.

I found having High Stamina and high speed is the best for egg hunting and using it for stealth hit and run works nicely. Stamina is so important on a Rock drake. I grabbed 3 eggs last night and not one Rock drake even bit me once. I exit to the centre and jump on the metal structure to loose aggro then go back in.

However HP on dinos in Ark is very important because  you will most likely dc or crash in between Megalos or the pink river and then stamina and speed will be useless.

On 12/31/2017 at 3:48 PM, Cito said:

When I think rock drake I think stealth/ambush. so high hp when up close. high stam when climbing/invisible and let the tek do the dmg. I’m just saying that is why they got tek 

1: tek saddles rip through element faster than you can craft it even with an unlimited amount of the materials on hand. 

2:  I don't understand why people don't understand this:  killing faster means less damage taken.  Where your points need to go greatly depends on where they already went.  If you have 40 wild levels, you're going to be gaining about 5.3% melee damage per tame level, which is slightly more than wild level ups. At this point and beyond, your tame level ups are better spent in melee most likely because the higher damage dealt means significantly less damage taken. Coupled with brofist and imprint bonus, it compounds even more. If you have 35 or less wild melee levels, your tamed gains are going to be meager. At this point, you're better off raising a utility drake and not a fighter. Stack carry weight, stamina, and health.  Let other drakes do the fighting and that one can haul the goods. 

With that said, I rarely go above 10k health and 1500 stamina anyway. I haven't seen a need for more health or stamina than that. I can somewhat see an argument for up to 2k stamina, as if something bad happens and you need to run, more stamina means less chance of exhaustion, but I farm queen's all day with 10k health on my 600%+ drakes. My best one is starting to push 700% now, which is 546 damage when I'm riding her. 

I raise stamina to at least 1500, hp to at least 10k. From my experience that's enough for everything I do with my drakes on Aberration. If you want a trench drake for getting eggs and getting out asap, I'd go for 2000-2500 stam. My lvl 190 is currently level 232, has 1500 stam, 13k health and 501% melee.

All I level now is hp. I like to have more in case I disconnect or something and it has to defend itself on its own. But I don't take it to the trench. I use a spino for that because I feel WAY safer down there with a spino. Drake's controls aren't always predictable and I'm very afraid of disconnecting in midair above purple water or something. Once I did and my drake fell through the map. No death message in tribe log ever. Drakes aren't as good fighters as 100% imprinted high lvl spinos. Spino is always on the ground, so when I disconnect and no drake kills me, I can just hop back on after relogging. It takes much longer with a spino to steal eggs, but I just feel really uncomfortable down there with a drake. 

@AdligerAdler I did take two max level, mate boosted spinos down and I leave them down there so if  I do get to many on my tail  I run straight for them. 3 days ago my tribe mate lost her drake after a dc and it fell under the map. Spinos are currently still weak. Cannot wait till they get their buffed up model^^ The problem is those Spinos are stuck down there cause I fell down and have no idea how to get them back up.

@banggugyangu I do agree with that. damage = survive-ability. I once got stuck in a wild Giga with my lightning wyvern. After 5 seconds of struggling to get out I realized I had to blast him down to win. I flew away with 800hp thanks to the 11k damage the Wyvern do with one blast. But you only stat damage if the dino has potential for damage. Like adding hp to my +33 hp rockdrake will be the waste of a century. If it had +30 melee  I wont even touch melee. The base stats determines the uses of the dino IMO. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pfft,  u can just pump all stats except melee.  Drop a mated pair of spinos in the drakes nest and just draw the drakes to the spinos.  Problems solved,  eggs in your pocket and you get all the Drake feathers you can carry.

just remember to clear out the inventory of the spinos once in a while and feeding them meat once in a while since drakes don’t have a lot of meat to harvest.

• 3 months later...
On 12/27/2017 at 11:18 AM, Ugodzilla said:

There is a way how you can bring em back up there. But easier with Spinos. But if you allready have a Drake. just invis, pick the egg. Fly away. They instantly lose aggro when you cross the elementriver

the agurment u guys r having is childish everyone has there dps dino no one dino is better than rest so cut it out. 

Archived