Would you Like to see PC mods on Console(Xboxone/Ps4)???

CrackerJackx13

:Hatchet:Would you like to see Console Mods? What PC Mods would you like to see on console?:Helmet:

Should the developers follow suit of other Publishers and create a Mod Market Place, extending the shelf life of this game with mods(maps, skins, items, game modes etc) created by the community?

When do you see this happening, if not ever?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, edskelly said:

Not if it takes time away from the devs making stuff of importance.Too much time wasted for console as it is.TBH i wish it never came out on console.

I too wish they didn't release the game on console for a lot of reasons, but the biggest limitation of implementing non-official mods is - from what I've gathered - is Sony/Microsoft. They don't seem to keen on the idea of allowing players to install mods that are not officially supported by the game. I understand the purpose of it, but considering Ark is a game that was made with the intent of having players use mods on unofficial, it seems strange for the game to be on platforms that are historically against it.

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, edskelly said:

Not if it takes time away from the devs making stuff of importance.Too much time wasted for console as it is.TBH i wish it never came out on console.

You do realise that the console player base is much higher than Steam and the game wouldn’t be where it is today if had stayed PC exclusive, because you know, money?

I can see now that you’re obviously apart of the whole “I play on PC so I’m better than you” crowd. Comments like yours just show what an indecent and self entitled person you are that doesn’t want others to have fun if it’s not done the same way as them.

Guest DJRone89
17 hours ago, CrackerJackx13 said:

When do you see this happening, if not ever?

Not for Ark. Microsoft and Sony will have to step their game up if players are likely to see anything like that in the foreseeable future unless they follow the Skyrim/Fallout model.

2 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Not for Ark. Microsoft and Sony will have to step their game up if players are likely to see anything like that in the foreseeable future unless they follow the Skyrim/Fallout model.

exactly what i just said above, but more indepth with community player created maps, game modes skins etc. Inturn extending the shelf life of the game. it would have to be up the content community creators to provide updates though etc.

42 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

You do realise that the console player base is much higher than Steam and the game wouldn’t be where it is today if had stayed PC exclusive, because you know, money?

I can see now that you’re obviously apart of the whole “I play on PC so I’m better than you” crowd. Comments like yours just show what an indecent and self entitled person you are that doesn’t want others to have fun if it’s not done the same way as them.

And it would not have even made it to console had iot not been for pc players.Anyway the OP asked for opinions,so i gave.

Guest DJRone89
2 minutes ago, edskelly said:

And it would not have even made it to console had iot not been for pc players.Anyway the OP asked for opinions,so i gave.

Your opinion is trash just like your attitude towards console players.

2 hours ago, edskelly said:

Touche!

Should i point out i own nearly every console dating back to the atari?

About 15 in total

*Inserts £0.02*

Why wouldn't you want console players to enjoy the game then? Yes PC players got it first but don't you think the business plan all along was to make enough of the magic papers so they could redistribute the game towards console players as well so they could be selling to the larger market? 

5 minutes ago, Nekromantiker said:

wenn pc Spieler mod's nutzen/können dürfen. sollten es die anderen auch können/dürfen. gleiches recht für alle oder garkeiner. :Melee_Damage:

Es ist viel schwieriger, Dinge wie Mods aufgrund der Lizenzierungsanforderungen für die Konsolen zu implementieren. Aus diesem Grund erhalten PC-Spieler Updates früher als Wildcard nicht durch den Lizenzierungsprozess mit PC gehen.

Entschuldigen Sie den Mangel an Satzstruktur, Übersetzen kann nur so weit kommen

it is a lot harder to implement things like mods due to the licensing requirements for the consoles. This is why pc players receive updates earlier as wildcard dont have to go through the licensing process with pc.

16 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Then yall also wish the game wasn't nearly as successful considering it's sold well all 3 places.

13 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

You do realise that the console player base is much higher than Steam and the game wouldn’t be where it is today if had stayed PC exclusive, because you know, money?.

Based on sales stats, the profits from PC EA sales alone should have been plenty enough to develop the game while also allowing a longer-term plan for consoles that would bring better performance to the crusty hardware once the mechanics and fine-tuning had been truly smoothed out in PC. At that point, if they could convince Sony/MS to allow player-created mods, they could release a full version of console Ark version bundled with Scorched Earth and Aberration as a Christmas sale. I can tell you with significant confidence that the 8-16 demographic alone would have driven sales through the roof. The bonus side effect of this is a level of hype that you can't pay a marketing firm for. Had that been the plan from the get go, I'd imagine it would have been a far better console launch than the flaccid release we saw earlier this year. (And yes, I'm aware I'm playing Watercooler Quarterback here...but so is everyone, frankly)

If you want to start playing the victim and claim platform discrimination there's nothing I can say that will get you to consider listening to my points...but believe it or not, PC gamers are allowed to own consoles too. Many of us do in fact, and constantly watching people pull "the console card" in discussions like these is getting tiresome. It's not that I don't "want others to have fun if it’s not done the same way as" me...it's that I want console players (including myself) to have as much fun or nearly as much fun playing Ark on a console as they do on PC. Right now, even ignoring the graphics limitations, the console version lacks in comparison to PC. I'm not saying console players are inferior. I'm saying that their experience in Ark on console is inferior in comparison...and that it bums me out.

36 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Based on sales stats, the profits from PC EA sales alone should have been plenty enough to develop the game while also allowing a longer-term plan for consoles that would bring better performance to the crusty hardware once the mechanics and fine-tuning had been truly smoothed out in PC. At that point, if they could convince Sony/MS to allow player-created mods, they could release a full version of console Ark version bundled with Scorched Earth and Aberration as a Christmas sale. I can tell you with significant confidence that the 8-16 demographic alone would have driven sales through the roof. The bonus side effect of this is a level of hype that you can't pay a marketing firm for. Had that been the plan from the get go, I'd imagine it would have been a far better console launch than the flaccid release we saw earlier this year. (And yes, I'm aware I'm playing Watercooler Quarterback here...but so is everyone, frankly)

If you want to start playing the victim and claim platform discrimination there's nothing I can say that will get you to consider listening to my points...but believe it or not, PC gamers are allowed to own consoles too. Many of us do in fact, and constantly watching people pull "the console card" in discussions like these is getting tiresome. It's not that I don't "want others to have fun if it’s not done the same way as" me...it's that I want console players (including myself) to have as much fun or nearly as much fun playing Ark on a console as they do on PC. Right now, even ignoring the graphics limitations, the console version lacks in comparison to PC. I'm not saying console players are inferior. I'm saying that their experience in Ark on console is inferior in comparison...and that it bums me out.

well said, imagine how much the community would expand, and the talent that would be found also though, sales would increase as it did with skyrim and fallout 4 following the release of Bethesda mod community market place, similar to what steam/valve approached the modding community(garys mod, etc) it turn expanding the shelf life of valves titles. 

i feel like as time goes on there will be 2 types of publishers those that work with the community and allow them to impart there creativity and increasing the overall experience and player population, and allowing the younger game designers to grow within the environments of theses publishers creating loyality and maybe some talented designers and those that want strict creative control, the later i feel like will decrease with time though as more get to experience the community aspects of some games.  

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Yep, cause as soon as you express a negative opinion regarding this game on console you're of course attacking console players.

I really don't get the xbox V playstation and console V pc wars.

can't you have both and prefer certain games on different platforms?

For example I much prefer GTA on console mainly due to having played the first few titles on console and growing used to it. Same with games like Fifa, I prefer that on console as my play style is multiplayer VS mates when we're having a few beers.

27 minutes ago, edskelly said:

Yep, cause as soon as you express a negative opinion regarding this game on console you're of course attacking console players.

I really don't get the xbox V playstation and console V pc wars.

can't you have both and prefer certain games on different platforms?

For example I much prefer GTA on console mainly due to having played the first few titles on console and growing used to it. Same with games like Fifa, I prefer that on console as my play style is multiplayer VS mates when we're having a few beers.

"Well, the PC version runs significantly better than the cons..."
-"STOP MAKING THIS A PC MASTER RACE ARGUMENT YOU CONDESCENDING CONSOLE HATING JERK!"
"...ole version because the console hardw..."
-"THE HARDWARE IS FINE IT PLAYS OTHER GAMES FINE IT MUST BE WILDCARD!"
"...ware is dated compared to even mid-grade stu..."
-"STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME BECAUSE I CONSOLE BRO!"
"...ff. This doesn't mean consoles are bad, just less powerf..."
-"IT'S NOT ABOUT HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL MACHINE!"
"...ull in comparison causing the consoles to have lesser graphics quality than PC. Pair that with the inability to use player created mods tha..."
-"UNOFFICAL IS GARBAGE PLAY THE REAL GAME NOT BOOSTED UNOFFICIAL GARBAGE!"
"...t the devs intended initially and the console experience seems a bit subpar."
-"HATER!"

:|

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

"Well, the PC version runs significantly better than the cons..."
-"STOP MAKING THIS A PC MASTER RACE ARGUMENT YOU CONDESCENDING CONSOLE HATING JERK!"
"...ole version because the console hardw..."
-"THE HARDWARE IS FINE IT PLAYS OTHER GAMES FINE IT MUST BE WILDCARD!"
"...ware is dated compared to even mid-grade stu..."
-"STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME BECAUSE I CONSOLE BRO!"
"...ff. This doesn't mean consoles are bad, just less powerf..."
-"IT'S NOT ABOUT HAVING THE MOST POWERFUL MACHINE!"
"...ull in comparison causing the consoles to have lesser graphics quality than PC. Pair that with the inability to use player created mods tha..."
-"UNOFFICAL IS GARBAGE PLAY THE REAL GAME NOT BOOSTED UNOFFICIAL GARBAGE!"
"...t the devs intended initially and the console experience seems a bit subpar."
-"HATER!"

:|

Remember ark is poorly optimized for console

Archived