vault as floor for crafting room

20GT

I can't get on at the moment to check out how the pros and cons of this would work. But my idea is to use a ramp to get to the top of the vaults to use as the floor for my dinos to walk on.

Putting my machinery on just enough ceiling tiles suspended above them so that i can reach everything and save space.

What are your thoughts?

2017-12-25-19_59_11-Vault--.jpg

2017-12-25 19_59_11-Vault - Official ARK_ Survival Evolved Wiki.png

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Please explain ?

When you climb a ladder, your character angle get perfectly aligned with the floor it is snapped to meaning that your vaults will be perfectly aligned if you make sure to align yourself first by climbing a ladder.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

When you climb a ladder, your character angle get perfectly aligned with the floor it is snapped to meaning that your vaults will be perfectly aligned if you make sure to align yourself first by climbing a ladder.

Cool Thanks. I guess I can use that as a work around hopefully till S+ implementation if that part is implemented. Would just be easier if they added snap points :D

• Volunteer Moderator

Great to make a wall of vaults as well. That was my dock on legacy:

EDF856A50ED97797FF07E3DB47D994516BFDF4EE

C5D281338CED6F3D2AA73739739E8B7052384311

Don't mind the sleeping bag, that was when my SE server got shut down I was filling myself, then transferring from a transmitter back to island and spawning at one of them to unload heavy stuff directly into a vault. xD

Great to align anything...

5CB067A9EB4B33AB6E8A6E3AAC1ACC561514854A

FE6771552C7D856B7C734D4C042ECEB455DBF64A

Even works on platform saddles:

3F00C1DA1573816065053B0C41C0EBE586E329BA

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh. Now that does look good ! Love all the little work arounds that people come up with. Certainly need to try this next time i place a vault :)

Great line of vaults. My server has no collision so I should be able to get rid of the little gap as well. Either way I won't be dropping anything up there. Oooops quoted the wrong post oh well lol 

6 hours ago, Oli4 said:

Inside I can also access the forges if I want to place the ingots in the replicator instead of the vaults outside:

yOc8U.png

In order to access your forges from both inside and outside, did you have to leave out one or more wall tiles to create a "pass through" access, or do you have solid walls and forges placed in a specific way that allows access from both sides?

Archived