Dattebayo

Baby reaper king GONE !!!!

My tribesmate also had a baby reaper dissapear on him.

We had a box made for birth. At birth the reaper was running around and got stuck in the colossal gate frame. We destroyed the frame so he could claim it but there was nothing in there.

Very dissapointing for all the work pre-birth you have to put in these guys.

We found that if any tribe member without the reaper gland buff goes anywhere near the babies, even outside of the room they are in, their food immediately drops to zero and they start to lose health. 

They quickly die unless unless someone with the gland buff goes in there and force feeds them a bit, which seems to somehow restart their feeding again.

Have the same raptoring issue... mine are invisible inside a ceiling. But yea we need patches for crap like that...

- Fixed an issue where Heavy Auto Turrets would improperly track/spend ammo shooting Tek Saddle projectiles.

- Fixed an issue where turrets would target focus Tek Saddle projectiles but do no damage.

we put a lot of work to find a high lvl one and grind the 75 lvl and now this damn bug.

I just had this issue but i have a solution...if your reaper is in the juvenile stage like mine was,.. you can use a crab to grab the reaper out of the ground or structure that it is stuck in. you may need to break a portion of the structure however say for example it was in a room. sometimes the glitch happens where you can’t even see the reaper display name tag but you can go into its command wheel... so if it’s invisible and it doesn’t say dead in tribe log,.. he’s most likely glitched or invisible.

On 12/27/2017 at 9:38 AM, bigfishrob said:

Ok so we had baby reaper starve to death within minutes with food in its inventory still. We left it alone for about 15 mins and it died. We came to collect and check the corpse and body still had meat on it.

If they get spooked by a tame, wild dino, or another player, they're hunger will go down to zero and they will not eat. Hence, they will starve with full food in their inventory. Make sure everyone stays out of aggro distance, including tames. Also Make sure it is out of range of wild dinos. To get it to eat again, force feed it.

Edited by LilsisAt19

On 12/27/2017 at 6:38 AM, bigfishrob said:

Ok so we had baby reaper starve to death within minutes with food in its inventory still. We left it alone for about 15 mins and it died. We came to collect and check the corpse and body still had meat on it.

You have to force feed it a few meat after that it should eat on its own it happened to me yesterday  XD

Baby Reapers can NOT be approached by anyone unless they have used a reaper pheromone OR they will agro and consume any/all of the food in their inventory.
If you leave render they can (& usually do) glitch/render through the floor.

We always leave 1 or 2 people logged in, sitting on a bench (several tiles away but) outside of the birthing room area. Just to keep that portion of the base constantly rendered in.
And our birthing room is several wall heights above the ground on pillars so it can not be easily agroed by passing riders or wild dinos.
They still settle into the metal flooring a bit but move once they are able to be (safely) allowed out.

22 minutes ago, PreshusRoze said:

Baby Reapers can NOT be approached by anyone unless they have used a reaper pheromone OR they will agro and consume any/all of the food in their inventory.
If you leave render they can (& usually do) glitch/render through the floor.

We always leave 1 or 2 people logged in, sitting on a bench (several tiles away but) outside of the birthing room area. Just to keep that portion of the base constantly rendered in.
And our birthing room is several wall heights above the ground on pillars so it can not be easily agroed by passing riders or wild dinos.
They still settle into the metal flooring a bit but move once they are able to be (safely) allowed out.

If you are not the parent, it will attack anyway, whether you ate a pheromone gland or not.

14 hours ago, gardfield0429 said:

i had it 2 walls high with a ceiling it toke way too long to get and it really set me off

That is because it went through the walls when the area was de-rendered and not rendered back, and someone (or you) happened to run over its presence.

That happened to me a bit ago.  A 150 max-baby, born with 14k and 366 melee, vanished.  I was bummed.  Broke half the base where it stood and couldn't find it or crab-grab it.  It starved to death eventually as I just lost the will to try and find it.

I'll try the Gasbags trick next time.

OK, lets get everyone on the same page.   The way to raise a reaper, is simple. 

• get into a room that's at least 2 walls high, you can have an open ceiling(reason why in a bit) ,
  • no pheromone is needed
  • having filled your inventory with 3 fridges worth of cooked meat (maybe overkill, but it's a reaper and you will seriously have to do next to nothing after this)
  • it will pop out of you and you will be almost dead, that's fine, try and imprint on it and it will kill you in the process, stuffing itself w/ everything on you (the cooked meat)
  • if you failed to imprint before this, that's fine, go back in and get it. 
  • now get a karkinos, walk over your 2 wall high room and pick up the reaper baby in the left claw. you can turn off wandering while it's in the claw like this. most people just use a box w/ a gate and reach in w/ the kark , i like the open roof concept on a slightly larger room so the kark can get in there. must be 2 walls high, they can jump over 1.
  • as long as you keep all animals away from the karkinos, you won't have any problems , if your animals are on neutral and u get it too close to one, your whole base will become confused in a pile around the reaper, avoid doing that.
  • if you are like me, you did this right before bed, you log off and go to sleep, log back on in the morning watch the reaper hit juvi and fall out of the claw, then minutes later you do your first imprint.
  • the rest is the same as any other animal.

now you have a reaper, that's it, all there is to birthing. 

PS - my room for it is up in the air on ceilings and not down on the ground on foundations.  My first reaper disappeared after about 2 seconds into my foundations, so all my other 7 I've birthed upstairs w/ no problems.

Edited by GrumpyBear