(WIP)The Center - Map

evilmrfrank

On 15.4.2016 at 0:07 PM, davidturner said:

We've recently set this map up on our second server, and we're of two minds of it so far, for two reasons:

1. Weird teleporting issues (fixed last night I believe) have been incredibly frustrating.
  2. We have a lot of really weird clipping issues all over the place. I think that some of this might have been fixed, but there's nothing more terrifying than walking along invisible cliff ledges because you're underneath the texture for the rock you're standing on.

Hopefully these will be fixed at some point, as the map seems quite enjoyable to play on other than these issues.

Yes there are still many many clipping issues out there. The last patch fixed some of it, but not completely.

1 minute ago, Toni said:

Yes there are still many many clipping issues out there. The last patch fixed some of it, but not completely.

Yeah, any time people on my server encounter these kinds of issues I'm having them screenshot them for me so I can pass them back along to the developer of the map. I'd suggest anyone else having similar issues do the same.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a question regarding this map I read somewhere a while ago that some of the dino spawns on this map were turned off, is this still true or has it been fixed and all the dinos including the new ones are able to be found on this map cause I would like to play on this map but I want to be able to get and see all the dinos.

On 11.5.2016 at 5:12 PM, SasquatchJ07 said:

I had a question regarding this map I read somewhere a while ago that some of the dino spawns on this map were turned off, is this still true or has it been fixed and all the dinos including the new ones are able to be found on this map cause I would like to play on this map but I want to be able to get and see all the dinos.

I have played on TheCenter but changed to Valhalla since TheCenter ignoring some Serversettings (you cant download Dinos or Survivers for example) what realy sucks.

Anyway, i found all Dinos, including the Lystrosaurus, Arthropluera and Sabertooth Salmon.

On ‎13‎-‎2‎-‎2016 at 6:09 AM, evilmrfrank said:

Here is a custom map I've been working on for Ark that I'll be entering into the contest.  Once the map is finished it will consist of the current chinese mountain/jungle biomes, ruin areas, lava/mordor biome, massive tropical islands, as well as the soon to come snow biome, grasslands, swamp biome, and the secret "Center" area that will be coming in a couple of weeks.  The plan is to release a new update once every Thursday.  These updates starting off will be an entirely new biome until all of the biomes are finished.  Once the biomes are finished I will go back to existing areas and refine them considerably, add caves, and fill out the oceans.  Hoping to have the map mostly finished by the contest deadline although I do plan to continue to work on the map after the contest is over!

You can download the map and fine screenshots for the level at the workshop page located here - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=614734500

How did you do the thunderstorms & lightning?

Because sitting in front of a campfire in a thatch hut on the beach with a lvl 10-ish char...(playing oldschool on this mod).........in the middle of the night with almost every night a thunderstorm coming over.........that lightning & especially loud thunder: E     P     I     C.

That's a good question, I would recommend the south jungle being turned into redwood, along with an area to the west, but what do I know. I anyone knows the best quetzal spawn points, that would be amazing, I haven't been able to find any.

no real problems I've had so far, I love how on regular difficulty higher level dinos still spawn, and playing on a 10x server makes it possible to tame them at a lower level with just meat or berries.

I don't think I will ever return to the regular map, this is just SO incredible, I've played for about a week now, and I haven't explored even half of it, this will keep me entertained MUCH longer than the old map.

• 9 months later...

@evilmrfrank

Hey man, I thought this might be the best place to catch you cause I don't have twitter or anything of those shenanigans. 

Main reason I got here is because I wanted to ask one pretty important question. 

When or do you even plan on adding the different boss fights to TheCenter? 

Being on an unofficial server, we don't have a chance to hop between TheIsland and TheCenter. Thus, we can't unlock all of the crazy Tek stuff. 

Otherwise great work! :Jerblove:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived