Rockwell cheese

SmokeyB

Just saw  a video of official alpha Rockwell fight . The dudes did it with just two drakes and two people.  If you stealth on the drake the boss doesn't see you and doesn't attack lol like wild card do you even test your game before you release it ? 

Fair play to the guys they just earned 2000 for the easiest fight ever but omg I always thought it was a joke that they just released things without thinking or testing but this just proves it . Wc must be such a fun company to work for . And the real joke of it is that these noob game developers that don't test anything before release still managed to make the best game ever made and by far the best game available at the minute . All other game developers should hang their heads in shame .

1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

Also they will get to have everything unlocked, and have first kill and wc will patch the invis preventing others from doing it for a long time probably.

When the bosses were really exploitable on legacy, a similar situation happened.

Didnt even need to fight the overseer; just glide to the portal with an archaeopteryx and insta win

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

When the bosses were really exploitable on legacy, a similar situation happened.

Didnt even need to fight the overseer; just glide to the portal with an archaeopteryx and insta win

um. i dont believe there was an overseer part in legacy bud. the archa strat all you had to do was get to the end of it where you go through the first blue shield and there was a device to click.

50 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

um. i dont believe there was an overseer part in legacy bud. the archa strat all you had to do was get to the end of it where you go through the first blue shield and there was a device to click.

I know. Im talking about before they implemented it you could just cheese the cave by stealthing and since there is a boss now that isnt possible. So legacy players before that update got an easy win and since then it is much harder for the players that didnt get that far yet. Because legacy also got the boss update.

There was also the megapithecus ledge strat, brood and dragon pinning, manticore pinning, dragon ledge strat, dragon stealth strat, brood bridge....

On 12/24/2017 at 1:57 PM, SmokeyB said:

Just saw  a video of official alpha Rockwell fight . The dudes did it with just two drakes and two people.  If you stealth on the drake the boss doesn't see you and doesn't attack lol like wild card do you even test your game before you release it ? 

Fair play to the guys they just earned 2000 for the easiest fight ever but omg I always thought it was a joke that they just released things without thinking or testing but this just proves it . Wc must be such a fun company to work for . And the real joke of it is that these noob game developers that don't test anything before release still managed to make the best game ever made and by far the best game available at the minute . All other game developers should hang their heads in shame .

You mean people try to figure out how to exploit boss fights and beat them using unintended mechanics? NO WAY!!!! Ark must be the very first game that this happened in. :P

Seriously though, I understand it's possible that Ark might be first online video game you've ever played, so I'll take the time to explain it to you so it isn't a surprise in the future with other games you play. Sometimes fights in games are released and "crafty" players will spend a lot of time trying to beat the fight using exploits. In many cases, players will put FAR more time and effort into an exploit kill than it would have taken to complete the fight legitimately. 

I'm sure that this kind of thing may seem new and strange to a first-time online gamer, but it's a pretty common occurrence. As with many (or most) games where an exploit is found, whether in an indie game or a AAA title, it is usually fixed fairly quickly. (Unless it's Rockstar as of late, or EA as of ever) xD

In other words, it's not the end of the world. No need to consult with Chicken Little...it will all get worked out and the exploit will get patched. This is standard stuff after new releases.

13 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

You mean people try to figure out how to exploit boss fights and beat them using unintended mechanics? NO WAY!!!! Ark must be the very first game that this happened in. :P

Seriously though, I understand it's possible that Ark might be first online video game you've ever played, so I'll take the time to explain it to you so it isn't a surprise in the future with other games you play. Sometimes fights in games are released and "crafty" players will spend a lot of time trying to beat the fight using exploits. In many cases, players will put FAR more time and effort into an exploit kill than it would have taken to complete the fight legitimately. 

I'm sure that this kind of thing may seem new and strange to a first-time online gamer, but it's a pretty common occurrence. As with many (or most) games where an exploit is found, whether in an indie game or a AAA title, it is usually fixed fairly quickly. (Unless it's Rockstar as of late, or EA as of ever) xD

In other words, it's not the end of the world. No need to consult with Chicken Little...it will all get worked out and the exploit will get patched. This is standard stuff after new releases.

Yeah dude , but even doing the boss once themselves would have figured this out.  It' not an exploit it' game mechanics, rock drakes go invisible , the boss don't target invisible rock drakes, so easy kill , like how did they let this past them.  Supposed to be the hardest boss yet but you can do it with any two high Stam drakes . There are only like 3 viable mounts on aberration megas spinos and drakes you would think they would have at least tried it them selves with some of these dinos. I expected to see some sort of cheese way of beating the boss but this is just a huge oversight from wc

17 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

That was a total smart butt response and utterly useless. 

6 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

That was a total smart butt response and utterly useless. 

Yes. It was a fun smart-butted response that fell on deaf ears...but mostly it was a light-hearded post mocking absurdities of the response to a problem in the game.

10 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Yeah dude , but even doing the boss once themselves would have figured this out.  It' not an exploit it' game mechanics, rock drakes go invisible , the boss don't target invisible rock drakes, so easy kill , like how did they let this past them.  Supposed to be the hardest boss yet but you can do it with any two high Stam drakes . There are only like 3 viable mounts on aberration megas spinos and drakes you would think they would have at least tried it them selves with some of these dinos. I expected to see some sort of cheese way of beating the boss but this is just a huge oversight from wc

I'm not saying it isn't an oversight. It is quite clearly and obviously an oversight. The reality is, you and I both know it happens literally.all.the.time in video games. Is that good? No. Should they have caught it? Yes. Should fixed be patched? Yes. Simple as that...

...then again, Wildcard could refuse to patch it and ignore everyone who complains about it, and they'd be one step closer to being a AAA developer.

Archived