So, how many loot drops have you have 'stolen'?

Dave192

1 hour ago, RevLoki said:

I don't usually steal them but I like to place a poop in the drop and take the rest. When someone finds it and says something in global I say "thanks for playing hide-a-duke!"

For x-mas spirit's sake you should put a piece of charcoal, unless you believe in "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" ofc.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, Dave192 said:

As the Xmas event is all about them loot drops, how many have you been idling beside waiting for the timer only to have someone else turn up and loot it quicker? So far I'm on 5 'stolen' drops.

This event certainly brings out the Xmas spirit in some people.

If you took them from a drop they weren't "stolen".

If you took them from another dead player's inventory or raided base. Sure.

4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

If you took them from a drop they weren't "stolen".

If you took them from another dead player's inventory or raided base. Sure.

on pve to steal a drop is when you see someone waiting as the drop slowly falls and even though they were there first you fly down and take the drop

on my server i made sure drop theft was stamped out straight away, tribes got one warning

doesn't matter who you are or what tribe you were stealing from, you steal a drop again and i'll see to it you'll be wiped from the map

thankfully most of the rest of the server saw things my way and we've only had to run 2 tribes off our server.

during this event only one drop was stolen (so far) and that by a tribe who are new, we explained the rules they said sorry 

life goes on

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, cattafett said:

on pve to steal a drop is when you see someone waiting as the drop slowly falls and even though they were there first you fly down and take the drop

on my server i made sure drop theft was stamped out straight away, tribes got one warning

doesn't matter who you are or what tribe you were stealing from, you steal a drop again and i'll see to it you'll be wiped from the map

thankfully most of the rest of the server saw things my way and we've only had to run 2 tribes off our server.

during this event only one drop was stolen (so far) and that by a tribe who are new, we explained the rules they said sorry 

life goes on

On PVE the first person to snag that drop. Wins. 

Doesnt matter of you are standing around sucking on your thumb waiting for it to drop. 

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

On PVE the first person to snag that drop. Wins. 

Doesnt matter of you are standing around sucking on your thumb waiting for it to drop. 

For me I always thought it was good ettiquette to let the person already waiting on the drop to get it. Just general courtesy if you ask me. If you dont 'steal' 'my' drop I wont 'steal' 'yours'. Kinda of the same thing of running around nicking other peoples eggs, nothing wrong with it especially if the person is offline line but generally frowned upon lol. We all have to get along on a PvE server so its generally a good idea to have a good relationship with the rest of the server.

Depends on your definition of stealing, on my server anyone entering the canyon on Rag is KOS by my tribe and thus believe that anything in the canyon is our property so in that case I've stolen none but outside of the canyon I believe if they get there first it's theirs, if not about 2 dozen boxes have been stolen from inside the canyon.

18 minutes ago, davidcostarica said:

Stealing drops is not cool, what is even worst is to see two moderators enabling such actions in PVE.

in their defence they are forum mods not game mods and as such are entitled to express their own opinions 

regardless of how unpleasant honourable people find them (the opinions not the mods:D)

• Jerryn locked this topic
  • Volunteer Moderator

Let's try to keep this one more on topic about Drops/Beacons and what is or is not stealing, or if you have had them stolen from you, or if you like to get there at the last second and are quicker on the draw than others. 

The whole server justice/society/law/etc side convo has been moved to its own thread:

• Jerryn unlocked this topic

Yes i should click quicker but these old-man reflexes just arent up to the task. I feel it is just common courtesy to let someone get the item if they were they first. You need to respect others if you expect to be treated fairly. Despite having items 'stolen' I have not retaliated the same, hopefully karma will give me something nice eventually (fingers crossed for rex saddle bp).

Archived