Are we being screwed over a nitrado deal?

So I have looked all over and haven't seen anyone else bring this up. Isn't it strange that we lost the ability to upload a servivor and download it in a different player dedicated map, right around the same time ark Xbox and nitrado all banded together in a deal and said we have to pay nitrado for two servers minimum if we wanna actually be able to play the full game outside of official. We are already paying for unofficial servers as that was a core part of the game they sold us.(I even baught another console to do this) to be fair I wouldn't mind paying to have a server that didn't require that second box running all the time but if we can't cross maps with one server then you are literally holding the rest of the game for ransom because it makes it impossible to assend without access to the island map. I feel like the end game is being held for ransom from anyone that isn't willing to put up with the toxic ass environment that is official pve. (Vanilla pvp can not be done to the end game stages by grown ups with spouses jobs and kids FACT!) Please tell me there is a solution for this in the works because this is a great game that I enjoy so much but am unable to actually play the way it was advertised.

WildCard most likely gets kickbacks from Nitrado for the xbox rentals. Microsoft gets 30% of every sale on the xbox store, which is why Xbox Nitrado servers are more expensive than PC or PS4. There are over 4k Nitrado rental servers on xbox alone. 2 of which are mine. I hosted from a second xbox for over a year. The constant issues and absolute lack of support from WildCard for PDSs pushed me to rent. Its hard to tell if its planned or just complete incompetence on WCs part. Either way, if I got played or not, I am enjoying my Nitrado servers. With the adding of the "Boost" option my long term players from before were willing to help out with run time and with the auto created back up saves I feel safe and secure. Not to mention the servers run 5x better than an xbox and dont rely on my home internet. I can watch netflix without causing lag on my server.

It's good to hear the servers work well because me and my friends want one as well for the same reasons you listed. My biggest issue is that we would need to pay them for two servers even tho we'd only ever be playing on one at a time. Not to mention I read on their site that we can't have passwords on clustered servers so I have to worry about randos jumping in on a server I'm paying for uninvited which is kinda obnoxious to me as well.

53 minutes ago, maseter said:

It's good to hear the servers work well because me and my friends want one as well for the same reasons you listed. My biggest issue is that we would need to pay them for two servers even tho we'd only ever be playing on one at a time. Not to mention I read on their site that we can't have passwords on clustered servers so I have to worry about randos jumping in on a server I'm paying for uninvited which is kinda obnoxious to me as well.

Although they do give a warning about having a password on a cluster it does work perfectly normal in my opinion. I have 2 20 slot servers. One on Rag and one on Aberration and dont have any issues. For the week before Aberration I had it on Scorched Earth and it worked good there also. Thats only a few weeks of experience but so far so good. 

Although I would highly suggest Nitrado so far I would actually recommend finding an existing server before renting your own. Like I said above there are about 4 thousand Xbox Nitrado servers, probably more by now as I havent looked in a while. Chances are by searching this forum where many people advertise servers you can find one that could suite you and your friends. Some of the current servers actually are having trouble staying populated as there are so many options out there. Although I completely understand wanting to control your own world especially if you just want to play with a select group of people.

Guest DJRone89
15 hours ago, maseter said:

Why buy 2 servers when you can just upload your data and change maps? I run a 2 server cluster, 1 server stays on Ragnarok, and the other I rotate between The Island and DLC maps.

18 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Why buy 2 servers when you can just upload your data and change maps? I run a 2 server cluster, 1 server stays on Ragnarok, and the other I rotate between The Island and DLC maps.

That's what I was saying above. WC has taken this feature away for some reason. You can not upload your character data anymore. You can on "travel to another ark" which has to be an existing same cluster server. Thus shutting cross ark play away from anyone not playing official or paying for two servers. If wildcard would fix/return this, this issue would be gone. But I have found several threads begging them to bring it back and there is zero response. This is what make me think this may be over some shady poop. This is a feature that was already a part of the official game and would obviously raptor everyone playing on unofficial servers. And judging by the number of servers they've sold it sounds like it worked out great for them. Having said all of that WC's concern for unofficial servers has seemed to be much lower then everything else. So I thought it might be nice to rent a server from a company that would probably do a much better job of keeping these severs on WCs priority list. But then we get hit with "oh you wanna play the whole game?? Well in that case your gunna need to pay us twice. "

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, maseter said:

That's what I was saying above. WC has taken this feature away for some reason. You can not upload your character data anymore. You can on "travel to another ark" which has to be an existing same cluster server. Thus shutting cross ark play away from anyone not playing official or paying for two servers. If wildcard would fix/return this, this issue would be gone. But I have found several threads begging them to bring it back and there is zero response. This is what make me think this may be over some shady poop. This is a feature that was already a part of the official game and would obviously raptor everyone playing on unofficial servers. And judging by the number of servers they've sold it sounds like it worked out great for them. Having said all of that WC's concern for unofficial servers has seemed to be much lower then everything else. So I thought it might be nice to rent a server from a company that would probably do a much better job of keeping these severs on WCs priority list. But then we get hit with "oh you wanna play the whole game?? Well in that case your gunna need to pay us twice. "

Take your tinfoil hat off mate.

Player dedicated servers have always ran like poop just the people complaining now are so focused on Wildcard pushing rented servers that they have forgotten or never experienced it.

Features changed when they have brought out other things, like when cross-Ark officially came out, it changed how unofficials worked from then on. Submitting for retail from early access changed things too but people seem to ignore that.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

Take your tinfoil hat off mate.

Player dedicated servers have always ran like poop just the people complaining now are so focused on Wildcard pushing rented servers that they have forgotten or never experienced it.

Features changed when they have brought out other things, like when cross-Ark officially came out, it changed how unofficials worked from then on. Submitting for retail from early access changed things too but people seem to ignore that.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this man but my main point is the fact that they made cross ark a center point of this games functionality. But now you need two servers to do what one server once did. One dedicated xbox or one nitrado server should be enough. This is my opinion and it just seems wrong to me.

Guest DJRone89
29 minutes ago, maseter said:

I'm not disagreeing with any of this man but my main point is the fact that they made cross ark a center point of this games functionality. But now you need two servers to do what one server once did. One dedicated xbox or one nitrado server should be enough. This is my opinion and it just seems wrong to me.

You don’t need 2 Nitrado servers. All you need to do is upload your data i.e. dinos, items etc before you switch maps. I have a main server on Ragnarok and another that rotates between The Island and DLC maps.

4 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

You don’t need 2 Nitrado servers. All you need to do is upload your data i.e. dinos, items etc before you switch maps. I have a main server on Ragnarok and another that rotates between The Island and DLC maps.

But you would not be able to transfer your character because that feature no longer works unless you have two servers. I understand you could make a new charecter on another map and move all your items and Dino's. But as an example say I unlocked access to all the tek engrams on the island and was wanting to move on to rag or another dlc map. If I made a new charecter there would be no way to gain permanent access to all of the tek engrams. At least that is my findings after hours of exparamenting and researching. If there's a way around that you'd make my day. lol 

7 minutes ago, maseter said:

But you would not be able to transfer your character because that feature no longer works unless you have two servers. I understand you could make a new charecter on another map and move all your items and Dino's. But as an example say I unlocked access to all the tek engrams on the island and was wanting to move on to rag or another dlc map. If I made a new charecter there would be no way to gain permanent access to all of the tek engrams. At least that is my findings after hours of exparamenting and researching. If there's a way around that you'd make my day. lol 

And youre not reading what he said.

I only have 1 Server and had no problems moving my Character around.

Guest DJRone89
36 minutes ago, maseter said:

I’ve stated twice that you can move data between the maps without needing another server. Why would rotate the maps on one of my servers if it wasn’t possible?

26 minutes ago, Wildthing said:

And youre not reading what he said.

I only have 1 Server and had no problems moving my Character around.

I know right.

Bennyrodz. I've said over and over I have one Xbox running 1 server so there is no cluster. I used to be able to upload a charecter. Change map on server Xbox. Launch server with new map. Download my charecter. This feature as far as I can tell and several other feeds concur is now gone. Now if you can make another server show up in that available list with one Xbox I would be very grateful if you would tell me how. A few people don't get what I'm saying and an admin shows up and shuts my question down. I don't think I'm being impolite to anyone??

37 minutes ago, maseter said:

Ok how do I transfer my charecter then? If I go to an Ob it says travel to another ark now instead of upload character data. When you click travel to another ark it gives me a blank list because you can only move amongst active same cluster servers? What am I doing wrong?

Buddy I don't think you're understanding or we're all saying the same thing and you don't realize it. You CAN transfer back and forth between servers at your leisure (as official does, as I transferred between 3 servers, same characters and clothes and engrams last night, rag, abb, isl).  Now ill repeat, you CAN transfer back and forth between servers at your leisure, IF AND WHEN said servers are on your CLUSTER.  Now if your complaint is that the clusters are too small entirely, than there is a way individually to fix that.  Make a general post stating your cluster and have dozens of other servers join your cluster. BUT the problem there (and the reason why you select your cluster) is that every map that joins you has an admin. If you clustering with everyone, you may find an admin who will just come and wipe you.  Then your next WC complaint would be way worse.  The way they have it is just great, in order to enlarge your cluster is entirely on you and the other servers admin, as it should be.

9 hours ago, maseter said:

This is where you threw me off, being as you threw Nitrado servers into the mix.  As I explained above, this is in no way shape or form a problem for Nitrado servers.

3 hours ago, maseter said:

Bennyrodz. I've said over and over I have one Xbox running 1 server so there is no cluster. I used to be able to upload a charecter. Change map on server Xbox. Launch server with new map. Download my charecter. This feature as far as I can tell and several other feeds concur is now gone. Now if you can make another server show up in that available list with one Xbox I would be very grateful if you would tell me how. A few people don't get what I'm saying and an admin shows up and shuts my question down. I don't think I'm being impolite to anyone??

BUT

now after your clarification I do understand that your server is running off of an Xbox, not a ps4.  No you're not being impolite to anyone, you just weren't explanatory or detailed in the beginning, just a big misunderstanding.  I only understood you meant the xbox as your server upon this clarification.  Unfortunately I cannot answer your question as I have not used a console as a server, hopefully someone else can answer this for you.

Personally, worse comes to worse, what I would just do in your case, is on the second map admin cheat my experience to match the level on the previous server. I know its not the perfect solution but at least it avoids transferring back and forth.  And once you unlock tek engrams on the island for example, you can admin give yourself the tek engram on the other server.  Again not a perfect solution, but at least its doable until someone with knowledge can come and answer your question.

3 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

I’ve stated twice that you can move data between the maps without needing another server. Why would rotate the maps on one of my servers if it wasn’t possible?

I know right.

According to all the forum posts I saw right after Nitrado came out it no lonfer works for PDSs. That update broke it. When on a PDS when you go to an obelisk and click "travel to another ark" no other servers will appear no matter what you do. Without another server to fake a transfer to you cannot upload your character.

Edit: Maybe the Nitrado update didnt break the feature but with the already broken server lists for PDSs, the mass exodus to Nitrado made it so there arent any servers left that can appear on the list and have character downloads enabled. That was a very short list before.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

According to all the forum posts I saw right after Nitrado came out it no lonfer works for PDSs. That update broke it. When on a PDS when you go to an obelisk and click "travel to another ark" no other servers will appear no matter what you do. Without another server to fake a transfer to you cannot upload your character.

Edit: Maybe the Nitrado update didnt break the feature but with the already broken server lists for PDSs, the mass exodus to Nitrado made it so there arent any servers left that can appear on the list and have character downloads enabled. That was a very short list before.

My character is in the same tribe and alliance across the different maps, all of your data saves to the server itself. You just need to transfer physical items/dinos between each map.

You just spawn survivor as you would if you transferred normally, except there is a longer waiting period.

12 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

My character is in the same tribe and alliance across the different maps, all of your data saves to the server itself. You just need to transfer physical items/dinos between each map.

You just spawn survivor as you would if you transferred normally, except there is a longer waiting period.

But you are on a Nitrado "unofficial pc session" correct? I'm talking about Xbox hosted PDSs. Yes thats a possibility for Nitrado but I dont think it works that way for PDSs. Before you had to upload your character before switching unless they changed things. Also even with a character uploaded it did not keep tribe data on PDSs.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

But you are on a Nitrado "unofficial pc session" correct? I'm talking about Xbox hosted PDSs. Yes thats a possibility for Nitrado but I dont think it works that way for PDSs. Before you had to upload your character before switching unless they changed things. Also even with a character uploaded it did not keep tribe data on PDSs.

The PDSs transfers were broke long before Nitrado launched. We’re talking summer time, I think around the time the game left early access.

I remember seeing a few threads about it on both here and reddit.

I guess I'm just gunna lay off playing for a month or two and hope they reinstate a little bit of freedom in private server play. I just wish they'd be up front  with us. If this was a business deal I guess I could accept that but  I wanna here them say that's why they took it from us. Like I said this is a core feature they took away.

I mean me and my friends have summoned so manny hours on our rag server planning on going to the island and assessing and really beating the game. But now it seems the new mechanics are going to rob us of hundreds of hours of gameplay to be stuck in a situation where even if we do pay for third party servers are work and time played isn't worth jack poop

52 minutes ago, doornumber2 said:

Ugh I didn't know about this. Me and my tribe have been working on getting an army built up on the island to beat the game and then move to Abberation and now it seems like it was all a waste of time.

Yeah we're in a very similar boat right now. Fingers crossed WC makes this right at some point. Not sure if I can bring myself to start all this over again lol

Archived