Why can't we set up teleporters on aberration

MinDistortion1

Scorched Earth's challenge was climate, and had mechanics to match (dangerous weather, heatstroke, insulation values on certain structures, etc). Counters being tames with water sources, special building structures and armor etc.

Aberration's challenge is mobility (No flying). Thus all the engrams for counters to this (climbing, gliding, ziplining). Teleportation invalidates the entire theme of Aberration's challenge even more than flying does.

They could at least introduce an easier method of getting off the server, I went on for a couple of hours to do some exploring, then it took an additional 3 hours to find a drop to transfer my toon back to the island. Aberration has made my mind up never to go back on the servers again. Now where's the refund button.

Never jump blindly on a server with your toon especially on a new server/dlc. Make a new survivor then explore so you wil know atleast if it is possible to go back.

So it is not aberration but your own mistake ;)

1 hour ago, reddotjellytot said:

They could at least introduce an easier method of getting off the server, I went on for a couple of hours to do some exploring, then it took an additional 3 hours to find a drop to transfer my toon back to the island. Aberration has made my mind up never to go back on the servers again. Now where's the refund button.

Never jump blindly on a server with your toon especially on a new server/dlc. Make a new survivor then explore so you wil know atleast if it is possible to go back.
So it is not aberration but your own mistake [emoji6]

I will defiantly bear this in mind next time I go galavanting around on any new servers [emoji23]

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 1:36 PM, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

Scorched Earth's challenge was climate, and had mechanics to match (dangerous weather, heatstroke, insulation values on certain structures, etc). Counters being tames with water sources, special building structures and armor etc.

Aberration's challenge is mobility (No flying). Thus all the engrams for counters to this (climbing, gliding, ziplining). Teleportation invalidates the entire theme of Aberration's challenge even more than flying does.

SE is a tedious server that no one plays on (and no one has a reason to). Hopefully the devs don't turn aberration into SE. The devs need to learn the difference between hard and tedious. They can't seem to learn the difference.

On 12/24/2017 at 2:06 PM, reddotjellytot said:

Because you couldn't find a drop? Lol I wouldn't want you complaining in my world chat anyway so please don't play it anymore. 

While I see the value of no teleporting on official servers, the option to use any engram should be allowed on private servers. I play with just one other survivor as we have no desire to play a game where people steal from you and decide its fun. Others may enjoy that challenge but we do not. So our servers are just us and as such have modified the server to mirror how we enjoy the game. Except now we have run into this issue where if I change base location it will take hours of running animals from base to base instead of presto. Choice is always good and the chance to alter this on the server options would be a great addition.

• 1 month later...

That's pretty much the challenge of this map, get a small Outpost going along with a few ravagers and scout out the best area to wait for cave drops.

If you transfered in with a high level character, all I have to say is "welcome to the party pal". Without having to go to the surface, the underground drops are not as visible as normal ones from SE or The Island.

On 1/24/2018 at 12:23 AM, Hawkin said:

SE is a tedious server that no one plays on (and no one has a reason to). Hopefully the devs don't turn aberration into SE. The devs need to learn the difference between hard and tedious. They can't seem to learn the difference.

SE is a meant to be a challenge, I'm from Arizona and have to say that it's pretty accurate depiction of a desert. Plus the dragons are pretty cool too. 

Aberration is a new challenge as extintion, the next dlc, will be another.

Got S+ running on my servers with teleports enabled, if you've bothered to get tek stuff up and running then you should be able to use it.

Same with the tek armour and radiation, I'm on the fence about installing a mod that will enable rad protection. Only hold off in hopes that they'll change it officially.
Super easy to get hazmat suit compared to tek armour so yeah, not seeing why it shouldn't have that protection.

Yes for low levels it should be hard and dangerous to move about the map, but once you're high level and got drakes n what not then it's not dangerous at all, just takes time....

On 3/19/2018 at 4:22 AM, Gelantious said:

Got S+ running on my servers with teleports enabled, if you've bothered to get tek stuff up and running then you should be able to use it.

Same with the tek armour and radiation, I'm on the fence about installing a mod that will enable rad protection. Only hold off in hopes that they'll change it officially.
Super easy to get hazmat suit compared to tek armour so yeah, not seeing why it shouldn't have that protection.

Yes for low levels it should be hard and dangerous to move about the map, but once you're high level and got drakes n what not then it's not dangerous at all, just takes time....

I agree whole heartedly. Abberation is my home server sure at low level when you don't have much it can be a challenge but at this point it's no longer a challenge I can glide from base in green all the way down into drake trenches farm 400+ black pearls,  2k element ore etc with practically no worries. So I decided in gonna go to island and do the alpha of all the bosses and I did. Now to find out that the haz suit is the only armor capable of living in the radiation zone? Okay wc look at this realistically you put in the coding where the element river will 100% charge tek gear but tek gear can't shield from radiation at all? Come on that's like me giving you a flashlight with an endless battery on a planet that only has day. 

Archived