The game is growing reptious, redundant and boring

20GT

Maybe the newness is wearing off but i find the game is growing reptious, redundant and boring and now it seems like I get thirsty and hungry faster.
I'm finding it harder and harder to care about keeping up all this crap that you have to have to succeed in the game.

It's not new but i'm just getting to the breeding. 30 dinos just for kibble minimum. spending way to much time filling feed troughs let alone knocking out dinos just to check stats
crops are provide a worthless amount of food for the cost and time spent building greenhouses

The Megalania doesn't climb anymore  which removes a decent builder.
It seems like the all the dev's are concerned in is making more maps, and making life harder on the current ones to slow people down.

32 minutes ago, 20GT said:

now it seems like I get thirsty and hungry faster

dont sprint all the time and wear proper set of armor/clothes for the area you are in and time of day. Also cooked meat is way better at restoring food than berries.

33 minutes ago, 20GT said:

i find the game is growing reptious, redundant and boring

Then maybe sandbox games where you have to create fun for yourself by yourself (by setting distant and not so much goals) are not your forte or you may want to find server with boosted rates (and get bored even faster because there will be nothing to do way sooner).

35 minutes ago, 20GT said:

crops are provide a worthless amount of food for the time spent building greenhouses

You only need to build greenhouse once, so that comparison is rather strange. Also you may want to keep berry harvesting dino and leave crops for special veggies.

53 minutes ago, 20GT said:

Just tested it in single player: it climbs just fine. The only difference that they moved climb toggle to right mouse button instead of space. It also feels like it runs faster and climb is less derpy than it used to (maybe its just my imagination).

Edit: climbing speed (used to be static) is now affected by movement speed.

15 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

The only difference that they moved climb toggle to right mouse button instead of space. It also feels like it runs faster and climb is less derpy than it used to (maybe its just my imagination).

well that would make a little difference what button did they move it to on the PS4 its not in any change notes

30 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Then maybe sandbox games where you have to create fun for yourself by yourself (by setting distant and not so much goals) are not your forte or you may want to find server with boosted rates (and get bored even faster because there will be nothing to do way sooner).

That's the best part about sandbox's for some, and the worst for others... You're only limited by your own imagination. ;) 

ghillie suit has been working for me and fortitude to a decent number 20+ should help with these issues, then look into the cooking ingredients and i think there are some sustaining hunger recipes.

But yea, i feel what you feel, its eh, atm can't go buying every game i want so this is it for now for me.

11 hours ago, 20GT said:

Maybe the newness is wearing off but i find the game is growing reptious, redundant and boring and now it seems like I get thirsty and hungry faster.
I'm finding it harder and harder to care about keeping up all this crap that you have to have to succeed in the game.

It's not new but i'm just getting to the breeding. 30 dinos just for kibble minimum. spending way to much time filling feed troughs let alone knocking out dinos just to check stats
crops are provide a worthless amount of food for the cost and time spent building greenhouses

It seems like the all the dev's are concerned in is making more maps, and making life harder on the current ones to slow people down.

Eat cooked meat , carry a canteen , forget the green house , just grow one of each crop for kibble and use a bronto for berries for taming and narcs. Breed ten things at once to get most out of time . Bronto amd giga fir filling troughs , Trade on Facebook or this forum for good stats save time knocking out wilds.  Play smater not harder . 

And when you feel bored and can' be bothered to do any of this , take your new super bred tames farm a few c4 and go and mess someone else's stuff up . It is surprisingly satisfying especially while they spend the next hour moaning in global , gives you something to do while you hand feed lol . 

The game is only as boring as you want it to be . It can be a boring farming simulator, or a dino ranching game but it can also be a crazy fun killing and raiding game where you terrorize the neighbour hood , you need to make your own fun on ark whatever that is , arrange a server wide dodo fight or boxing match with bps for prizes , hunt the people causing trouble on the server or build a giant vanity monument to show new comers to the server who is the top dog . A million ways to play if you don' like the way you are playing try a different approach .

12 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Just tested it in single player: it climbs just fine. The only difference that they moved climb toggle to right mouse button instead of space. It also feels like it runs faster and climb is less derpy than it used to (maybe its just my imagination).

Edit: climbing speed (used to be static) is now affected by movement speed.

I think the enhancements made with the introduction of the Rock Drake were retroactively applied to the Megalania's climbing mechanics. 

I agree with a few others in regards to the ranching, farming, breeding, and grinding routines. I don't play on servers that aren't atleast 15x anymore, and the current one I'm on is 50x because I've probably started over over 100 times now. I cannot stomach the same grinds/routines over and over. The only excitement I get is building something new each time. It's what drives me to continue farming and grinding. 

atleast 15 times gather rates? no wonder you are bored when everything is given to you, i mean you might as well use ACM and just cheat everything in, the fun of the game is a little grind, some waiting, keeping busy and not letting everything happen instantly. I will turn up my breeding rates and maturation, have some xp and gathering boosts but you don't want to make it overkill, 3 times taming makes it less chore but still keeps kibbles worth getting and making, you are literally saying the building part, the worse actual part of the game is what keeps you playing, I like to try and breed superdinos, keep a spreadsheet of all the base stats when they are tamed, breeding them and getting superbabies is something everyone can do, i would recommend turning the interval timer to 0.001 tho lol. The beauty of this game is you can edit everything to play it how you want to play, which is what pisses me off when they keep changing things like nerfing flier speed that can't be changed via simple server settings, we require mods the consoles can't access, good job guys

1 hour ago, Titan696 said:

atleast 15 times gather rates? no wonder you are bored when everything is given to you, i mean you might as well use ACM and just cheat everything in, the fun of the game is a little grind, some waiting, keeping busy and not letting everything happen instantly. I will turn up my breeding rates and maturation, have some xp and gathering boosts but you don't want to make it overkill, 3 times taming makes it less chore but still keeps kibbles worth getting and making, you are literally saying the building part, the worse actual part of the game is what keeps you playing, I like to try and breed superdinos, keep a spreadsheet of all the base stats when they are tamed, breeding them and getting superbabies is something everyone can do, i would recommend turning the interval timer to 0.001 tho lol. The beauty of this game is you can edit everything to play it how you want to play, which is what pisses me off when they keep changing things like nerfing flier speed that can't be changed via simple server settings, we require mods the consoles can't access, good job guys

So your logic is that you're right and he's/she's wrong because they like something different in the game then you? Then you criticize boosted rates, while suggesting them?????? 

30 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Except as soon as you go to unofficial with mods you are no longer playing the game the way they intended for it to be played. You're now just trading wild card's limitation for a host of other problems instead (Pun intended).

Yeah, cause it's not like Wildcard are the ones that Put the customization into the game.

FYI- official is not the way they play the game either. You think this seasons Christmas event was aimed at the tamed capped official servers, or the YouTuber/Streaming servers promoting the game????!?

At least my unofficials have customer support and players that are actually happy.

2 hours ago, Jacira said:

All theatrics aside

Good, I'll be glad to see something that isn't pure drama and exaggeration for once.

2 hours ago, Jacira said:

especially when the entire system starts falling apart around you.

...ffs.

Anyway, OP: If you're bored with it, take a break from the game. Everyone gets bored of a certain game now and again. Sometimes folks take a break a game and come back to it, sometimes they don't. With Ark, you'll probably be back.

3 hours ago, Jacira said:

Except as soon as you go to unofficial with mods you are no longer playing the game the way they intended for it to be played. You're now just trading wild card's limitation for a host of other problems instead (Pun intended).

This ^ is dumb logic, sorry. Wildcard built the game exactly as they intended for it to be played. I mean...Wildcard built the whole game...every part. Including unofficial and the ability for the game to be played with mods. If Wildcard didn't intend for Ark to be played on unofficial and with mods, they wouldn't have specifically built the game to be played on unofficial with mods.

Ark is the game Wildcard built. They intended it to be played. So, if you want you can go play Official and pretend that people who play on official are somehow superior to the evil boosted-rate non officials as you watch the official community whine, cry, and lip-quiver their way through post after post begging Wildcard to increase rates every.single.damned.day in this form, Steam forums, Reddit forums, and the silly and snarky little Twitter replies that people post in response to any official WC tweet..

This ^ is dumb logic, sorry. Wildcard built the game exactly as they intended for it to be played. I mean...Wildcard built the whole game...every part. Including unofficial and the ability for the game to be played with mods. If Wildcard didn't intend for Ark to be played on unofficial and with mods, they wouldn't have specifically built the game to be played on unofficial with mods.
Ark is the game Wildcard built. They intended it to be played. So, if you want you can go play Official and pretend that people who play on official are somehow superior to the evil boosted-rate non officials as you watch the official community whine, cry, and lip-quiver their way through post after post begging Wildcard to increase rates every.single.damned.day in this form, Steam forums, Reddit forums, and the silly and snarky little Twitter replies that people post in response to any official WC tweet..

If you think the rates is the biggest complaint of official players then you obviously aren't very educated on the real issues official players care about. Never the less I'm not willing to speak on behalf of people i dont know so neither should you.

A lot of people on official have played ark since it's inception and the base rates now are the highest they've ever been. Plus with evo events every weekend it really is more than adequate.

Also about my "dumb logic", despite them building the game to be compatible with mods. If you choose to add mods then it is what it is. A different game mode wild card didn't intend for. Especially if you're playing annunuki or any other total conversion mods. Now they may have intended for it to be mod compatible, but everything that comes after has nothing to do with them. Which is exactly why my original rebuttal of using unofficial as a means to escape arks base game limitations still holds true. As the entire reason unofficial has a host of its own problems is because you are no longer playing the game the way it was intended to be played.

Lastly, not once did I say official players are better nor are players who choose to play the game without mods better. And no I did not hint to it because there is no "better" in Ark. The only thing that determines success in ark is how much free time you have in your life to slave yourself in it. So either you misinterpreted what I was saying (which should be cleared up) or you have an inferiority complex looking for the slightest chance to feel subjugated (Which I'm not touching).

Archived