So anoing, 5-6 daily updates What is this bliss?

zukimik

I have a problem, Why so many daily updates, 2 days ago i lost my GIGA taming, i waited like 5 hours and the announce that in 15 minutes the update is coming,  after the update no GIGA, he has been despawned, i lost not only 5 hours but 700 narco arrows and 600 narcotics, today same story, waited 7 hours for 150 Rock Elemental after the update the Rock elemental dissapear, lost all the time and the resources needed to tame that creature. This is bulpoop, sorry but i cant take it anymore, i will quit playing this game, this is absurd, you can do anything, while you are far far away farming resources you get the message ... now hurry up as fast as you can to go back at the base, sometimes you made it sometimes you can made it.

I hate this, why they just dont stop updating this game 5-6 times each day and only do it once a day like all the other games.

Dude this is my first ever post on the forum and the last one, i will quit playing anyway, im not a liar, i was angry today loosing that 150 Rock Elemental, i couldn't take it anymore and i feel like i had to tell everyone about this s...t. Before the update were 2 Rock one lvl 100 and the second one sleeping for over 6 - 7 hours almost ready at 88%, server restarted and when i came back the cage was empty ...  the lvl 100 was also gone, instead new ones lvl 15 and 20 appear on the same spots were the 150 and 100 were before the update.

This happen already 2 times in just 3 days

18 hours ago, zukimik said:

Dude this is my first ever post on the forum and the last one, i will quit playing anyway, im not a liar, i was angry today loosing that 150 Rock Elemental, i couldn't take it anymore and i feel like i had to tell everyone about this s...t. Before the update were 2 Rock one lvl 100 and the second one sleeping for over 6 - 7 hours almost ready at 88%, server restarted and when i came back the cage was empty ...  the lvl 100 was also gone, instead new ones lvl 15 and 20 appear on the same spots were the 150 and 100 were before the update.

Yeah that happens. Loosing your rag over a game is probably not the best thing for your health though so probably better laying Ark to rest and pick up a different game. 

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to So anoing, 5-6 daily updates What is this bliss?
On 12/23/2017 at 1:08 PM, udo said:

personally i have never lost a tame to an update or server restart i play only on official servers , they tames are always still sleeping when i log back in after an update . 

i call bullpoop on a lot of the posts about losing dinos they always seem to be max lvl tames as well :P 

So just because something has never happened to you, personally, you don't believe it actually happens to other people. Wow, that's some brilliant thinking.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

So just because something has never happened to you, personally, you don't believe it actually happens to other people. Wow, that's some brilliant thinking.

That's not what he said at all. There's no reason to misconstrue his statements to justify your own. There's truth to what both of you said.

There is an unbelievable amount of exaggeration and outright BS floating around these forums, especially so coming from angry and/or new players who join the forums to vent and throw tantrums. Somehow every time one of those tantrum-tossers loses something it was a max level, or an amazing mutation, or the prettiest one ever, or they did absolutely nothing wrong and the game is what caused them to lose *insert best thing they could have possibly lost*. 

Pair that with the fact that experienced players who have demonstrated at least some level of objectivity rarely seem to have these issues and you're guaranteed to have folks questioning either motives or lucidity. Or both. Has it happened to some people? I'd imagine so...but it's more often just players venting inexperience, frustration, and exaggeration because they're mad and saw someone else say, "This happens all the time!" ...even though it really doesn't.

On 12/23/2017 at 11:51 AM, zukimik said:

Technically the last one was your first one. This one is only your last one. If you have been playing so much then you know that this is not the normal procedure. But if you want to rage quit over it.... Well I suppose you can make your own choices... 

My question would be why were you wasting that many hours on any tame?  If you don't have the kibble for those dinos then it is not worth it even if you find a high level one, again this is pointing to your inexperience.  This game is buggy, always has been and likely always will be so if you think nothing bad will happen during a 7 hour tame you are being unrealistic and taking a chance imho.

My question would be why were you wasting that many hours on any tame?  If you don't have the kibble for those dinos then it is not worth it even if you find a high level one, again this is pointing to your inexperience.  This game is buggy, always has been and likely always will be so if you think nothing bad will happen during a 7 hour tame you are being unrealistic and taking a chance imho.
Shhhh you take that back. I have been playing on Xbox since it was released EA. I to this day have yet to tame a golem on Kibble. 1, because I hate taming mantis and only tame the few I need as tools. 2, the golem is so easy to just knock out and check every few hours.

3 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

That's not what he said at all.

Yes, that's exactly what he said.

"personally i have never lost a tame to an update or server restart i play only on official servers" ... "i call bullpoop on a lot of the posts about losing dinos"

Strike 1.

There's no reason to misconstrue his statements to justify your own.

I didn't make any statements that needed justifying, my only post was to point out the glaring flaw in his argument.

Strike 2.

Somehow every time one of those tantrum-tossers loses something it was a max level, or an amazing mutation, or the prettiest one ever

So look who's doing the exaggerating now. Interesting. What you're saying is blatantly false, people complain about a lot of stuff that is not "max", "amazing" or "the prettiest", and your attempt to claim that this is the norm is just a crappy attempt to marginalize the many people who have legitimate complaints.

Strike 3.

Pair that with the fact that experienced players who have demonstrated at least some level of objectivity rarely seem to have these issues and you're guaranteed to have folks questioning either motives or lucidity.

Everybody has bad things happen only rarely, not just experienced people, but even when something is rare people still have a right to complain about it if it's the result of the game screwing them over. It doesn't have to be frequent to be a reasonable cause for complaint, even a single incident of a game glitch is reasonable cause for posting a complaint. You're argument is basically the same thing as saying that someone can't call the police when they get stabbed because they "only" got stabbed once. "Hello, this is the police, don't call us unless your attacker stabbed you at least two times." You're trying to use rarity as a reason to ignore people when they complain, which is a failed argument.

Strike 4.

but it's more often just players venting inexperience, frustration, and exaggeration because they're mad and saw someone else say, "This happens all the time!" ...even though it really doesn't.

Which is exactly what you've been doing in your post.

Strike 5.

That's 5 strikes, even in ARK baseball you're Out.

Archived