feedback Karkinos Issues I have encountered

BloodyHarvest

After taming a decent level Karkinos yesterday I have noticed a few things that bugged me about it. 

It gets stuck so easily on dino's that are UNDERNEATH it, even if the dinos aren't visually big enough to stop it from moving. I couldn't walk over a knocked out raptor with the Karkinos, this shows a few collision issues with the hitbox of it. 

Another thing I'd like to point out, why can it pick up Stego's but not Trikes? Stego is bigger and I'd presume would've weighted alot more than a Trike. Same with the Carno, why can it pick up Carno's but not Megalosaurus? They are both the same size or atleast very close to.

Changing these things would make more sense gameplay wise.

To sum up the issues:
- Gets stuck on dino's way smaller that are underneath it's body
- Doedicurus stops harvesting stone when held after 30%+- weight has been filled
- Drop players and player ridden dino's when hitting anything which makes it really annoying to jump and/or transport people
- Players get pushed through the map on a rare occasion (with dino that they were riding)
- You cannot pick up Purlovia's

To sum up the ideas and suggestions:
- Make it being able to strafe and go sideways like the level up animation
- Make it able to break rocks but not harvest them
- Arial attack when jumping from a height
- Being able to attack whilst in the floating animation

8 minutes ago, SouthernSamurai said:

megalos are similar to rexs in weight class "in the game anyways" so I assume that's why also it would be to easy to tame one of abberations strongest dinos in bulk if you could.

Didn't know that, thank you for the info, still find it weird, same with Trikes and Stego's

21 hours ago, TR-8R said:

If a carno attack you , it is over ....

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Pick it up and toss it. I don't even bother fighting small things on my crab anymore. Ravager? To the moon! Carno? Adios amigo! Raptor? Up up and away!

I do wish the crab would crab walk though. I was a bit bummed out about the lack of strafe. 

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

That's a negative, Ghostrider. Pick it up and toss it. I don't even bother fighting small things on my crab anymore. Ravager? To the moon! Carno? Adios amigo! Raptor? Up up and away!

I do wish the crab would crab walk though. I was a bit bummed out about the lack of strafe. 

When in a falling animation you can't attack.

Carno would pin you and keep you suspended in the air in a falling animation. Also in the case of pve you cant even pick the thing up

Things to note when i get my 1st one, sounds bad already :( and this is why i waited for any issues that may suddenly arise, i see people going ham with two ankies on each claw haven't heard them complain, guess they just deal with it, idk, perhaps your tribe mate was being silly? otherwise odd things happen between system setups, so not totally calling it someone pulling the rug over your eyes. ;)

That carno issue does worry me... you could also jump off it and attack it yourself, i did this twice to a megalosaurus that picks up my ravager, 2x's... so far and it dropped it both times (hand to put the dukes up and go man-o-e-man-o with the megas!), 2nd time i had to tranq that isshh with my MC bow, luckily, ravager (should be named lucky by now) survived again.

3 hours ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Things to note when i get my 1st one, sounds bad already :( and this is why i waited for any issues that may suddenly arise, i see people going ham with two ankies on each claw haven't heard them complain, guess they just deal with it, idk, perhaps your tribe mate was being silly? otherwise odd things happen between system setups, so not totally calling it someone pulling the rug over your eyes. ;)

That carno issue does worry me... you could also jump off it and attack it yourself, i did this twice to a megalosaurus that picks up my ravager, 2x's... so far and it dropped it both times (hand to put the dukes up and go man-o-e-man-o with the megas!), 2nd time i had to tranq that isshh with my MC bow, luckily, ravager (should be named lucky by now) survived again.

I still use the crab as my main dino to transport myself around and fight mainly because it can jump far and in combat it's not as bad as people make it up to be. I play PvE but on a private server so I can grab stuff. What I'd say though, carno's ignore you if you don't attack you. Majority of animals ignore you beside Nameless, Rock Drakes, Spinos and other Crabs. So I'd still highly recommend it.

So my server admin was testing his OP mount that he keeps around just in case Extenction Core spawns start recking bases and I accadently got my crab max level (615) . Before he deleted it and respawned me another one in at the same level (I really dont need a god animal lol not yet at least) So I jumped it into the drake pits to see how long it took it to die after I grabbed an egg.  

THis is the problem I had, had to be 20 rockdrakes and I was floating above the group for 90% of the fight, unable to attack.  If I didnt have amazing resistance and 100k hp he would have died in the fight. 

If he could attack while "Falling" witch was what the animation while he was floating looked like. 

As for sugestions

1. Strafing please....he dose it in the level up animation, why not for real. 

2. A dive attack if he lands from a high height . 

3. Maybe it cant harvest stone but let it smash stones out of the way when it needs to. I cant count the number of times I jumped and got stuck in those little rock pillars in the blue. Instead of spamming jump and hoping I would love to just be able to break the rocks . 

The crab gets float locked by anything that attacks it, my 150 tame crab has 30k hp  and come back bloody every time I take it out of base, nearly lost it to a lvl 10 mega, it ran up stole the sheep out of my claws and then float locked me against a rock. A pack of Ravengers will do the same. 

Also why can I pick up and throw a stego  but not a trike or mega? 

I see loads of people using them on my server but they just seem bad to me, much too slow and if I want to pick something up my mega can grab it anyway and moves fast and can kill things. 

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 9:17 PM, Spaxx said:

Same here! It feels like a Beta Release... Doedis Stop harvesting at about 30% weight and half the Nodes in blue Area cant harvested by Ankys. The Tail swings trough the nodes without any effect.

There are plants In the blue area near the metal nodes that block your melee. You just have to left trigger with the anky to gather berries and then you can hit the rocks. Also trikes have a quick melee with a heavy knock back so if you could carry two you could just about win any fight all the time. Megasaurous have a carry ability and holding a mega that can then also hold something else seems like it would cause a lot of problems. My doeds gets to about 70% weight before it stops auto swinging so idk what's happening to other people.

1 hour ago, SmokeyB said:

The crab gets float locked by anything that attacks it, my 150 tame crab has 30k hp  and come back bloody every time I take it out of base, nearly lost it to a lvl 10 mega, it ran up stole the sheep out of my claws and then float locked me against a rock. A pack of Ravengers will do the same. 

Also why can I pick up and throw a stego  but not a trike or mega? 

I see loads of people using them on my server but they just seem bad to me, much too slow and if I want to pick something up my mega can grab it anyway and moves fast and can kill things. 

The reason why you cannot pick up Trikes and Megalosaurus' is stated above, apparently the weight class of both Trike and Megalosaurus is classed too high to be carried.

Archived