Ravager bleed effect

Bawss

Question: Why add a creature which spawns in packs of 3-6 and give them a high chance of inflicting bleed? It’s stupid. 1 ravager could easily get behind you whatever you’re on and slow you down, bleed you to death and make you cry yourself to sleep after losing your best tames. The bleed should (In my opinion) be nerfed or removed entirely. Suggestions:   Number 1: Just remove it.   Number 2: Keep it and make it so it does not slow you down so much or at all so you might be able to escape.   Number 3: Make it less likely to happen on each attack. Down to like 5% or something. They are just waaay too op. I know they are meant to give you a good challenge but they are just simply way too strong

• invincibleqc changed the title to Ravager bleed effect
3 minutes ago, Bawss said:

Question: Why add a creature which spawns in packs of 3-6 and give them a high chance of inflicting bleed? It’s stupid. 1 ravager could easily get behind you whatever you’re on and slow you down, bleed you to death and make you cry yourself to sleep after losing your best tames. The bleed should (In my opinion) be nerfed or removed entirely. Suggestions:   Number 1: Just remove it.   Number 2: Keep it and make it so it does not slow you down so much or at all so you might be able to escape.   Number 3: Make it less likely to happen on each attack. Down to like 5% or something. They are just waaay too op. I know they are meant to give you a good challenge but they are just simply way too strong

On foot or a low-level mount it can be pretty devastating, but your best bet is and always will be to keep your eyes out for them and run if they come at you. 

After spending a good few days playing, the Ravagers aren't really that big of a threat once I got used to them...far less so in comparison to some of the other dinos encountered while running around on other maps. Personally, I'll take 6 ravagers over 3 Allos any day of the week, especially if my biggest mount was a Ravager...but that's obviously down to personal preference. 

A good recommendation is to never leave home without a wingsuit, climbing picks, and crossbow/grapple hooks...and if a Ravager pack catches you slipping you'll always have an escape. Anyway, once you get a good shoulder light pump the spread up to about 400% if you can. The circle that your light makes at that setting serves as a really good line to indicate how far aware you can be to not have a ravager aggro on you. At 450% it can come into the light circle a bit and you can still scoot away without it noticing you.

4 hours ago, Bawss said:

Yeah I know how to deal with them but if you’re trying to kite them for taming or get caught on em by accident on a 150 tame ravager or carno for example, you’re pretty much screwed. Rip tames

You dont kite them - you bola them, kill all but highest level and then tranq highest level occasionally re-bola-ing him to keep in place. They are also pretty skittish without a pack. OR just grab highest level with a crab and jump away, then dismount crab and tranq helpless puppy in the claw.

They are not really that tough though are they , yeah on  a ravenger or raptor they may be a problem bit they should be there needs to be a threat in the wild.  But really if you know how to ark you will not be noobing it about on a raptor you will be rolling on a high level mutton tamed mega or spino and eating packs of 6 ravengers for joke losing only that 5% health from the bleed if that.  Ravs don's agro crabs so get a crab .

Heck at LVL 20 you can tame a trike, I tamed a 145 trike and it's a monster 8k health 350% Melee it can murder packs of ravengers , nameless , megas whatever arb throws at it . Tame a trike at LVL 20 and never fear pve again lol 

Think this really is a get good issue 

Leave ravs as they are they are already ruined after the damage nerf , would have been a good cave mount but now just a early game pack mule with a LVL 47 saddle making it not even worth a tame . Ai is too bad too run around with a few on follow so no point in pack bonus , and a single rav is like the weakest mount you can get on aberration beside  a raptor or parasaur . Like some one said above a pack 9f allos is way worse .

Archived