TobyBacoon

Windows 10 play anywhere stuff not loading when i travel

54 minutes ago, TobyBacoon said:

Whenever i play on aberration i can't see rocks and sometimes trees when i move far enough from where i log in and i ram into them unable to see them so i get stuck, playing on all medium settings with 40FPS
Ryzen 5 1400
geforce gtx 1050 2GB

seeing everything is not required to play i guess........

I am having the same problem with a i7 6600k and gtx 1070 I only have 8gb of ram and I think that is what the problem is. Wildcard says that 8 is the minimum but I think that it is still not enough. Things aren't rendering because there isn't enough un-allocated memory left to render everything. My guess is that the game isn't dumping the objects as you move away from where the player spawns so the game just stops rendering stuff the further away you get.

This is a huge issue for me. 

My setup is a Intel i7 6700k 32gb 3000mhz ram (2×16), and a gtx 1080 game installed on a m.2 ssd

I can run everything on epic with no frame drops and a beautiful looking game however the moment I start flying on a mount all the resources and caves stop loading in. I have to drop my settings to medium to fly on a wyvren and low to fly on a griffin which is a joke because at those settings I'm barely tapping the power of my PC (epic should be pushing my setup and high should be no problem)

My rig is i7 16gb mem, gtx1080, had same problem with rendering, had partial success, after googling around, turned shadows  to low (terrain and general.) Also disabled  {distance field shadowing} and {distance field ambient occlusion}, (tick box options).  Managed two full laps of ragnarok  on wyvern and was still rendering, been on aberration for about an hour exploring and it seems to work ok so far, just hoping for a permanent fix in the form of an update. BTW I'm on a nitrado rented server, but seems to work now on single player as well

I have this issue also. Further to this due to not being able to optimise the game, It's hidden by msoft. It actually looks worse on my 16gb 17 with a GTX 1080. The best graphics currently are on the 1x. Very disappointed with something I have waited such s ling time for. 

I know let's contact support...no wait...its wildcard...there is none. Hold on its a Microsoft issue now...nope they refer you back here.

Hi has there eve been a fix for this issue?  I still get it all the time. Whether its on Official servers or on my own hosted PC, even on single player. When I move to other biomes etc I have to exit the game and restart it to load in the graphics - trees, rocks, caves etc.

The fact that a lot of you guys have good rigs means its nothing to do with the hardware. So its a Windows 10 Ark code issue....

It actually gives you an unfair advantage in official servers because you can see all the Dossier and note tins just laying about on the bare landscape and other players and their dinos aren't hidden in the trees etc

Edited by Mugnaschi

So has anyone actually tried to defrag the game, verified the game files, or anything?

Like, it'd be the first step kind of thing, but no-one has actually said anything about what they've really tried, which seems like everyone simply gives up... Seems a bit self defeatist to simply have all reports, and no mentioning of ANY attempt to actually fix it themselves.

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

I know it may sound dumb as hell, at least it did to me while the customer support rep was walking me through the steps, but this eventually worked for me, and now the game runs as it is supposed to.

to caveat all of this, if you don't actually have an xbox one near by I don't know what your work around might be.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/how-to-use-game-streaming

1. So from my sons xbox one we set up to allow him to stream from all devices.

2. from my pc through the microsoft app I went into connections and connected with my sons xbox one (even though my pc is wired and the xbox one is wired, i had to connect to wifi on the xbox one and use the xbox one IP for it to be seen on my network, you may or may not need to do the same).

3. I adjusted stream quality to HIGH on my pc through the xbox app settings.

4. Then launched the game as normal. Rendering so far is fixed, and as intended.

Extra: I hated the idea that i'd have to have my sons xbox on while I played, so i have since closed everything, disconnected from his xbox as far as streaming goes. I have re-wired his xbox, basically put everything back to normal before all trouble shooting occured. Then I relaunched the game and happy to say it is still working properly no need to do any of the above steps.

oh and I run a nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6gb, and having no issues running on max settings

Edited by Biggest86x

2 hours ago, Biggest86x said:

So the method I posted earlier has been working(sort of). I don't like this crappy work around where I have to have my sons xbox on and stream enabled just so things render on my end but it has been working.

Keep at it, if they see what's happening and see that you're trying, someone will come in with something for you.

Those links are good though, and just keep track of your experiences. Try take some screenshots if you can. Some where it works, some where it's not. Settings could be something to screenshot on the PC end too.

7 hours ago, AdamsonGaming said:

I don’t understand how an issue like this can go unknown 

This kind of 'reporting' is what doesn't get anything done. Have you actually mentioned what you've tried, what your system is, or anything at all?

Where you posted in Common Solutions, did you even attempt any of it, and have you even attempted what's been talked about in here... Have you actually tried to even fix it yourself?

If you actually put effort into what you post, then maybe you'll get some feedback, and people trying to point you to where else may work. This, is how forums work.

9 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

This kind of 'reporting' is what doesn't get anything done. Have you actually mentioned what you've tried, what your system is, or anything at all?

Where you posted in Common Solutions, did you even attempt any of it, and have you even attempted what's been talked about in here... Have you actually tried to even fix it yourself?

If you actually put effort into what you post, then maybe you'll get some feedback, and people trying to point you to where else may work. This, is how forums work.

I have tried some of the solutions I’ve even turned off “bug settings” that suppose to cause the issue nothing works. 

That's non-descriptive at all... Things like your hardware specs, images showing what is happening, the settings your game is set to, and the rest... Simply saying you've tried some of the mentionings, is like saying you tried 'something', won't say what it is, and end up saying it's still not working.

Like, here I am, just a normal player trying to see what people have done, and trying to suggest simple things, and by not having any feedback, I'm left at a loss.

One thing that got me when I started playing on the PC was a defrag of the drive was in order, and the settings needed tweaking.

Even on the PC version, if you end up running out into the world too fast, things don't render out as they should, but if you let the machine 'catch up' usually it'll come right.

I now have my ARK install on a secondary SSD, the primary has my OS on it, and that change, made everything run so much better.

Also, when someone is trying to find info out, leaving them hanging makes the chances of them being 'around' slimmer. (Same with bumping, if you don't bump your topics and try call people into the thread, you won't get far at all)

Edited by BubbaCrawfish

I get this issue too, playing on my own private dedicated PC-based server that I host on my LAN. Win10  (non-steam) version of ark. 

Closing and reopening the game typically fixes it. On one occasion restarting the game alone didn't work whereas restarting server AND the client did the trick. 

i believe i may have found the problem that is causing rendering issues. so i have a top of the line gaming computer that i spent way too much for, where i have been faced with the same issues noted above. for the past week everything has rendered as it is supposed to. hopefully others here will try this and let us all know if this worked for them or not so we will know if we have a verified solution.

so, though reading multiple forums on this subject, it seemed to me that it primarily is an issue with higher end gpu's. when looking into my gpu while playing ark, i found that my 3d component of my gpu was maxed out at 100%, but for this game, i see no reason for that. on a nvidia forum post, i saw a related subject concerning another program so i followed the advise i saw:

right click on desktop, choose nvidia control panel. then choose adjust image quality with preview, move sliding bar from quality to performance. i have seen no change in the quality of the image in game, but it has allowed the image to render like it should in game. no more issues. 

now i am sure there is someone who may know more about this and may come up with a better fix, but this is mine.