Change The Evo Event !

ObsessiveSecurity

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ObsessiveSecurity said:

Please swap the 2x havesting and taming for a 2x Maturation. Grinding is a old gaming favorite. But just staring at a baby Giga for 24hrs÷ is a new trauma lol.

2 minutes ago, X111 said:

Same, was expecting a proper event, this is worst Xmas event hope ever

Did you guys ask Santa for more icing on your cake?

It could be a build up for the Christmas event. So many server's are on the brink of server cap they don't need 30 babies per tribe hatched when so many people hoard even the crap ones instead of feeding them to the strong ones like should be done. 

I would have liked 2x as well since I am staring at 20 rex eggs, 12 yuty eggs, 2 or 3 Basil's, 3 Quetz eggs, and 2 mute Doedic's but here's the thing, we'll probably keep 3 to 4 Rex's only (finish our 19 for the boss fights). Maybe 1 of those Quetz's unless we get lucky with a breeding pair, only a breeding pair if we get the stats of the Yuty's, the Basil's and the Doedic's already have buyers off server for BP's. So really only adding potentially 10 dino's out of 42. (forgot to mention basil's are 2 or 3 depending on if i find the 150 female i seen 2 days ago and we also may tame a 130 golem but that will probably be moved fast as well. 

I would have liked the increase rates to get those trades done faster but I'm alright with the increase tame and harvest and xp as we gear up for boss fights. Makes for easier leveling of the Rex's and Yuty's and grinding out the mats we need to run lava cave and make Rex saddles. 

Still I believe they will do something special right around Christmas and kind of do a slow build up to it. 

I would like to think that they will activate a proper event as promised. I hate hoarding. Building up the boss Rex’s and only keeping inbreeding lines unless I find a stat I like, nothing older than two generations until I get the ones I want, the it will be a case of getting the eggs to replace that bloodline, I eventually want rainbow mutations with good stats on paternal lines

1 hour ago, ObsessiveSecurity said:

Please swap the 2x havesting and taming for a 2x Maturation. Grinding is a old gaming favorite. But just staring at a baby Giga for 24hrs÷ is a new trauma lol.

I get your pain, but gathering and taming makes a whole lot of sense since Aberration is still new. I know I started from level 1 on the new map so this is nice.

Now the issue is that they promised something big for Xmas I’m not mad about rates I’m mad about them making a promise and just giving us something we get every weekend. I don’t understand why people are trying to defend wildcard, and are attacking people who are mad. They got the same thing they’ve gotten for over a year now. Yes they’ve been doing 2x on weekends for over a year and yet they can’t increase it for Christmas? After promising something big?

1 hour ago, X111 said:

Ok so, jog on? You didn’t have to reply but I suppose you’re trying out your keyboard warrior skills, just do the rest of us a favour and stop

It's not a keyboard warrior thing at all. I'm poking fun at someone who gets a bonus and then whines about the bonus not being enough. I'm glad I never had to buy you presents is all I'm saying. :P

Just now, LouSpowells said:

It's not a keyboard warrior thing at all. I'm poking fun at someone who gets a bonus and then whines about the bonus not being enough. I'm glad I never had to buy you presents is all I'm saying. :P

There was a big hype over the Xmas event to find its the bare minimal, and don’t try to make out you know me, you are being a jerk, go do it elsewhere 

14 minutes ago, X111 said:

There was a big hype over the Xmas event to find its the bare minimal, and don’t try to make out you know me, you are being a jerk, go do it elsewhere 

You can fling insults around all you like, but I'm joking around with you because you're saying the Christmas event sucks and keep demanding more out of it...despite the fact that the Christmas event hasn't even started yet. 

14 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

You can fling insults around all you like, but I'm joking around with you because you're saying the Christmas event sucks and keep demanding more out of it...despite the fact that the Christmas event hasn't even started yet. 

Minimizing someone else's feelings isn't going to make things any better. You could go stir the pot elsewhere and let people vent. I hear there is a "I keep building on the beach but keep getting wrecked" thread that you might like.

35 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Please by all means review your attitude towards myself and the OP and see who is being insulting, they promised an EVENT and all we got was a bare basic harvest event. Stop trying to put yourself forward as a WC cheerleader to get brownie points towards a potential forum moderator. Your comment was not constructive nor providing an “alternative reasoning”.

nothing in what you said or implied was taken as a joke on this post or the other

24 minutes ago, X111 said:

Please by all means review your attitude towards myself and the OP and see who is being insulting, they promised an EVENT and all we got was a bare basic harvest event. Stop trying to put yourself forward as a WC cheerleader to get brownie points towards a potential forum moderator. Your comment was not constructive nor providing an “alternative reasoning”.

nothing in what you said or implied was taken as a joke on this post or the other

I apologize you did not take it as being a good natured ribbing, I thought the tongues out would indicate that and I'm sorry it didn't come off that way. I'll refrain from it when addressing you from now on to avoid confusion. I assumed that once you realized that the event had not yet started, you'd have a chuckle over it too. I understand that you're offended, and I apologize for offending you. 

Now, this isn't an insult and I don't intend for it to be, but you don't seem to be at all aware of the situation. I'm all for being critical of Wildcard over their abundant missteps and failures...but the Ark Christmas Themed Holiday Event hasn't started. I mean, once it's started I can understand that people may provide criticisms...but it hasn't. 

3 minutes ago, ActRite said:

I hope this is not what they meant by Christmas event as most people already purchased the DLC. My guess is that they are late as usual. Wish they would interact with the Ark community more and keep us informed. A simple hey guys the Christmas event is coming just be patient would be nice.

I agree they are very last minute on alot of things and inconsistent with time lines 

Would be really unfortunate if they did not drop the Xmas event. So many people have been prepping with the assumption they would boost the maturation rates like they have the last two years. All we can do is wait, ill probably just hatch a bunch of stuff anyway. Weekends are when i have the time for it, not going to hold my breath.

If you look at their twitter the Ark community is lighting them up. lol They have not responded.

If its not happening just say so, you know.

Scary thing is, they did communicate in game all the other values are 2x, just not breeding for some strange reason.

Its a terrible oversight and something most count on simply being on on the weekend.

Now here its a holiday weekend to boot and not even on, let alone higher than 2x.

Ugh.  Hopefully they will rectify and turn it on.  Maybe be festive and giving us higher than a normal weekend?

Archived