so i was under the impression that reaper kings would ONLY spawn if the nameless spawned it. like after a prolonged fight.

every time i goto the surface to get obsidian at least 1 (sometimes 3) reaper kings spawn out of the ground. i have no idea why as there are no nameless to be seen. i have a bulbdog on me. the only other enemy nearby is seekers. 

i have no idea if this is a bug or how its meant to be but if its a bug please let me know

if you guys are all getting it happening to please share your ideas on how you deal with this, they outrun me so running/kiting isn't an option. they break all my gear (flak) in 1-2 hits i have tried hitting them with the longneck they climbing down the wall i come up but there tail sweep attack hits me while on the wall. i tried building up there when i go back the building is destroyed (im assuming the fire storm in the day destroys it) so making turrets/cannons isn't a long term option. 

all help would be very appreciated 

Yes, unfortunately it is intended. They spawn up there in vast quantities without the need for Nameless. Building any structure on the surface will eventually albeit quite quickly result in its destruction. I have not yet surfaced on Aberration but am currently raising 2 180 Rock Drakes In the hopes of being able to either outrun them (Which should be absolutely possible with a Rock Drake) or who knows, might even be able to kill them. I may not even try the latter. Your best bet for now if you're in urgent need for Obsidian is to throw on a Hazard Suit and head down into the Hell Hole we've all come to know as the Luminescent Biome. There is a TONNE of Obsidian down there. These Drakes are going to be done soon. I'll give it a try up there and get back to you. Good Luck!

2 hours ago, TheImmortalsTribeXBL said:

Yes, unfortunately it is intended. They spawn up there in vast quantities without the need for Nameless. Building any structure on the surface will eventually albeit quite quickly result in its destruction. I have not yet surfaced on Aberration but am currently raising 2 180 Rock Drakes In the hopes of being able to either outrun them (Which should be absolutely possible with a Rock Drake) or who knows, might even be able to kill them. I may not even try the latter. Your best bet for now if you're in urgent need for Obsidian is to throw on a Hazard Suit and head down into the Hell Hole we've all come to know as the Luminescent Biome. There is a TONNE of Obsidian down there. These Drakes are going to be done soon. I'll give it a try up there and get back to you. Good Luck!

From having gone up there. Reaper kings are absolute pushovers, are NOT comparable to reaper queens and no threat whatsoever. Just worry about alphas and the acid clouds they drop when they die. Also bring a light pet.

On 30/12/2017 at 5:50 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

From having gone up there. Reaper kings are absolute pushovers, are NOT comparable to reaper queens and no threat whatsoever. Just worry about alphas and the acid clouds they drop when they die. Also bring a light pet.

After having raised those 180 Rock Drakes I mentioned and going up there, I can 110% agree with this statement lol. They're super squishy! 

That's because there is in fact subterranean Reaper king and Surface Reaper king (anda couple others). Subterranean are those which appeared with Nameless. Surface one are those which appeared on the surface (without Nameless). Found on here : https://ark.gamepedia.com/Reaper#Subterranean Reaper King

Archived