The new Maze/Riddle/Labyrinth

RoyHess666

Hmm... I'm kinda frustrated about that new weird labyrinth-maze-riddle thingie....

it doesn't follow any logic at all, it doesn't make sense, there is buttons far out  of reach that activate a lift that went down into water.

There is a weird maze that could be solved when trying hard enuff..
I don't really get this new dungeon thing, had to use cheats to "solve" it.

Have no idea what kind of stuff the map maker took when "creating" this.. also not speaking about the visible dispatcher actor in that one room just right after the first bat trap.

Guess I have to try harder next time, somehow ....

3 hours ago, RoyHess666 said:

But how the raptor is a player supposed to get to the upper A-button

I didnt tried it myself but i saw in a youtube video how he did it. You can jump onto these buttons, on a wall...that way you can reach every button in the room.

But i will take a look at it myself, cause i want to find the logic behind the puzzle not random buttonmashing

EDIT: Did the puzzle. First room is pretty easy or stupid, you just need to figure out how to get around in the room, the buttons you need to push are the only ones you can push (!) others dont work. I dont want to spoil the whole thing but dont be greedy! And for your own security and/or the security of your tribe mates, bring in a shouldermount that you dont like...

I already did this pointlessly dumb laid out "Puzzle" thing and got all 3 artifacts.

I want to know how to get to the upper A-button.

Jumping doesn't work, can't reach that button, too far away.
Grappling hooks are OFC. disabled, because the map maker thinks he's clever and wants you to have a challenge - while he's not and could have just used a proper layout without mashing lots of squares with random rotation around the cave.
I don't see any way to get to that upper A-Button. One wall gets close to it but is still too far away.

Yeah I know, found that out now.

Still quite insanely awful how this jumping passage works and the character gets pushed away from the wall, no matter how hard one tries to push against the wall.
Not a very good jumping-"puzzle" at all.
Same for all the other jumping-"puzzles" combined with the non existant air control over the character, frustrating button "riddles" that don't make sense makes me barf over this dungeon.

The only thing I kinda enjoyed was mapping out the maze, once you know the layout, you can find the drop easily enuff.

And you get 4 artifacts in here plus a ton of loot. But it's not worth to get thru all that annoying hassle. It needs to get toned down and the loot quality lowered.
Also the last part with the "ghost" animals doesn't work properly anymore. The wall in front of the artifacts is FAKE, a player can pass thru and the ghost animals don't actually spawn anymore.

I'm getting stupidly lost in the labyrinth when you take the left path (through the water). In single player I've only managed to open the door to continue by accident (across from a drop door, has pipes that shoot darts in the roof). Is there a certain button combination someone could help me with because I cannot for the life of me open that door again.

9 hours ago, Preventus said:

I'm getting stupidly lost in the labyrinth when you take the left path (through the water). In single player I've only managed to open the door to continue by accident (across from a drop door, has pipes that shoot darts in the roof). Is there a certain button combination someone could help me with because I cannot for the life of me open that door again.

I've made a video on YouTube describing the proper button mechanism, but since the Map maker messed up, it only works like once.
After that the server needs to be restarted to make it work again and to spawn the deers at the spirit cave.
The new maze/dungeon thing is really broken in some parts and needs serious tweaking.

12 hours ago, RoyHess666 said:

I've made a video on YouTube describing the proper button mechanism, but since the Map maker messed up, it only works like once.
After that the server needs to be restarted to make it work again and to spawn the deers at the spirit cave.
The new maze/dungeon thing is really broken in some parts and needs serious tweaking.

Dude it sounds like this maze just isn't your cup of tea... So far everyone i've watched do it or spoken to afterwards had a ton of fun.

3 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Dude it sounds like this maze just isn't your cup of tea... So far everyone i've watched do it or spoken to afterwards had a ton of fun.

So in other words: For you the new dungeon/maze thing is finished and bug free? Because I wouldn't say that.
We'll see what the other 1% will get us in the next Ragnarok Update.
Hopefully proper bug fixes (like Ragnarok-Night bug, pitch black caves and dungeons on Super-Low Quality graphics settings (using SM4), <you name it>)

12 hours ago, RoyHess666 said:

So in other words: For you the new dungeon/maze thing is finished and bug free? Because I wouldn't say that.
We'll see what the other 1% will get us in the next Ragnarok Update.
Hopefully proper bug fixes (like Ragnarok-Night bug, pitch black caves and dungeons on Super-Low Quality graphics settings (using SM4), <you name it>)

Well I'm saving the cave for YouTube so I can't say it's bug free. However, I've had no complaints from those playing on my servers, and the other YouTube vids I watched people had no issues.

As for SM4 and other DX10 graphics settings... Your 2 generations of DX behind so those bugs are absolute bottom of the priority list. That's what happens when you play a game below the minimum specs. You can't get angry with the Devs for prioritizing.

I am farming the right side of the Dungeon with the event buff and getting great drops (300% pumpgun bp, 116armor rex bp etc.), it is hard at first but if you get used to it it is quite easy to solve. Annyoing thing is the sacrifice part so you need to bring a partner to push in or a shoulder pet. We even managed to get a dodo there :D

edit: Oh, dont go into the left side, chances are good that it didnt reset and you cant get out!

For the dark parts bring a torch - easy solution

12 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Well I'm saving the cave for YouTube so I can't say it's bug free. However, I've had no complaints from those playing on my servers, and the other YouTube vids I watched people had no issues.

As for SM4 and other DX10 graphics settings... Your 2 generations of DX behind so those bugs are absolute bottom of the priority list. That's what happens when you play a game below the minimum specs. You can't get angry with the Devs for prioritizing.

FYI: On my main rig I'm playing with the default suggested ARK: Survival Evolved graphics settings, no parameters in the "Steam Launch" options either. Constant 60fps even when recording for YouTube.

Got a friend with an older laptop and he relies on low end settings (sm4 for instance) to get proper FPS.

Unfortunately the poor and awful way this map was partially built: most of the caves are pitch black on him the moment he enters the cave.
But yeah, keep protecting your precious map maker. It don't bother me.

7 minutes ago, RoyHess666 said:

FYI: On my main rig I'm playing with the default suggested ARK: Survival Evolved graphics settings, no parameters in the "Steam Launch" options either. Constant 60fps even when recording for YouTube.

Got a friend with an older laptop and he relies on low end settings (sm4 for instance) to get proper FPS.

Unfortunately the poor and awful way this map was partially built: most of the caves are pitch black on him the moment he enters the cave.
But yeah, keep protecting your precious map maker. It don't bother me.

You're friend playing games on a sub par laptop isn't a reflection of the map... That's like saying a steak is tough cause you can't cut it with a plastic spoon.

Dude it's literally the best map made for Ark. 

Try some of the other maps out there and you'll see what bad map makes are really like. The Rag guys are the best we've got right now and I along with most others are damn glad they chose to apply their talents to this game.

• 4 weeks later...

So apparently they forgot to add the letters above the buttons on ps4. I spent an hour trying to figure out the right sequence before eventually breaking down and watching a yt vid. Lo and behold, letters above the damn buttons on the pc version. Personally I hate having to watch a vid to figure stuff out. I wish they would have checked that before releasing it.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived