how to hide a storage in a founda?

ilidrael

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

No longer possible, they recently fixed collisions. Too bad, you will have to survive the legit way! ;)

So the lowering a foundation, placing storage box/mortar and pestle then placing another foundation that is even with surrounding foundations is no longer a thing? Kind of weak if so. It's not like they give you an option for a hidden compartment otherwise. That's something someone who can craft a fabricator and tek gun could probably figure out. LOL

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

So the lowering a foundation, placing storage box/mortar and pestle then placing another foundation that is even with surrounding foundations is no longer a thing? Kind of weak if so. It's not like they give you an option for a hidden compartment otherwise. That's something someone who can craft a fabricator and tek gun could probably figure out. LOL

As far as I know, yes. Was fixed along this:

On 3/27/2017 at 10:50 AM, Jatheish said:

v273.6
- Changed Structure encroachment check logic to do a solid trace between encroachment points, prevents getting Sleeping Bags wedged in places they shouldn't fit 

Which also introduced the building of ceilngs on top of stacked pillars that they then fixed later. Maybe that fix was reverted in the same process, not entirely sure. Either way, it is an exploit and if you have to use exploits to win then you bad imo. :)

Guest DJRone89
14 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

As far as I know, yes. Was fixed along this:

Which also introduced the building of ceilngs on top of stacked pillars that they then fixed later. Maybe that fix was reverted in the same process, not entirely sure. Either way, it is an exploit and if you have to use exploits to win then you bad imo. :)

So when Jeremy reverted the raft nerf because he liked the creativity that had gone in to building them, is it still seen as an exploit in your eyes?

Lowering foundations is a big part of the build. ;)

14 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Especially since the flat land is extremely limited, there is no way to artificially lower/flatten the land (because shovels aren't a concept in Ark apparently but wing suits are, xD) and while you can try to even out using pillars/ceiling tile/walls, it never quite lines up which leaves gaps when placing walls across. I get it, Ark's not Minecraft (which yay for that) but it doesn't give you enough options for a proper build in its current state. I am not one for spectacular designs, I am about functionality over aesthetics but unless the intention was to make you spread out claiming even more land while killing even more spawns but thus reducing overall building size or building a tower which is just bad news for everybody who flys in that area, they shouldn't take away little work around's that in no way harm game play or make it unbalanced. 

S+ may end up fixing some of these issues but until it is implemented in the base game give us our foundation lowering. ^_^

Especially since the flat land is extremely limited, there is no way to artificially lower/flatten the land (because shovels aren't a concept in Ark apparently but wing suits are, [emoji23]) and while you can try to even out using pillars/ceiling tile/walls, it never quite lines up which leaves gaps when placing walls across. I get it, Ark's not Minecraft (which yay for that) but it doesn't give you enough options for a proper build in its current state. I am not one for spectacular designs, I am about functionality over aesthetics but unless the intention was to make you spread out claiming even more land while killing even more spawns but thus reducing overall building size or building a tower which is just bad news for everybody who flys in that area, they shouldn't take away little work around's that in no way harm game play or make it unbalanced. 
S+ may end up fixing some of these issues but until it is implemented in the base game give us our foundation lowering. [emoji5]
Shovels arent a thing because it would require the terrain geometry be editable in game. The game already requires enough memory usage as is.

6 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

So when Jeremy reverted the raft nerf because he liked the creativity that had gone in to building them, is it still seen as an exploit in your eyes?

I never considered lowering foundations to be an exploit. I considered what some people were doing with lowered foundations pretty exploitative though.

7 hours ago, ilidrael said:

so i read someone trying to give advices on how to survive etc. He was saying u could hide a storage in a founda.

i'd really like to know how if anyone knows :) doesnt it get obstructed?

When using metal for your base build, skip one foundation and use a ceiling, then place something big (grinder, fabricator, my ex) on top of it to hide the fact there's a ceiling instead of a foundation there. When you need to get to it, break the foundation next to it and make a dash with your stash.

How about removing a foundation, throwing a chest down there, slapping a trapdoor on top of it, then putting something like a campfire on top of the trapdoor to hide it?

Or just ignore the trapdoor entirely and make the floor out of an easily-replaceable material so you can remove the floor when you want to get at the chest.

8 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

It is weak but with the same ''fix'' they now prevent you to put pillars in between walls (you know, make your base look beautiful). 

How about removing a foundation, throwing a chest down there, slapping a trapdoor on top of it, then putting something like a campfire on top of the trapdoor to hide it?

Or just ignore the trapdoor entirely and make the floor out of an easily-replaceable material so you can remove the floor when you want to get at the chest.

Unfortunately, ceilings do not properly snap to foundations (they are a bit higher) so it will be easy to spot. 

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

When using metal for your base build, skip one foundation and use a ceiling, then place something big (grinder, fabricator, my ex) on top of it to hide the fact there's a ceiling instead of a foundation there. When you need to get to it, break the foundation next to it and make a dash with your stash.

Or what I do that works nice to hide stuff from tribe mates , is place a metal hatch frame on the floor like how you described and put a bed over it , you can still open the trapdoor through the bed but it is completely hidden from sight , just looks like a innocent bed in the corner 

9 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

No longer possible, they recently fixed collisions. Too bad, you will have to survive the legit way! ;)

You're saying this kind of like i haven't, but hey, if i was using this i wouldn't have asked how xD 

Had no idea it felt like an exploit for you guys.

It was gonna be useful for my aberration stuff :P no problem.

4 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Or what I do that works nice to hide stuff from tribe mates , is place a metal hatch frame on the floor like how you described and put a bed over it , you can still open the trapdoor through the bed but it is completely hidden from sight , just looks like a innocent bed in the corner 

The bed thing works, but if someone is raiding your base the bed will be one of the first things they destroy (unless the raiders are dumb) and it will be found super quick. 

2 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Unfortunately, ceilings do not properly snap to foundations (they are a bit higher) so it will be easy to spot. 

Might just work with my building style, as the old "you can't build here" glitch blocking my foundations for no reason meant that I've had to replace foundations with ceilings in my bases, just to make a continual floor.

The method I use to hide loot away if to place a pillar down, put a pestle & mortar on it as central as you can, fill it up with you loot and then put another pillar ontop. No one can see the pestle and mortar and it cannot be accessed without destroying the top pillar. Just put these pillars away from any potential blast zones, not many people will waste their explosives on a random pillar. 

On 22 December 2017 at 4:24 PM, SmokeyB said:

Thats what purlovias are for , or my favourite is build an underwater pen in swimming distance from the shore and keep a tamed itchy in there with stuff in it , no one looks underwater for stuff 

Purlovia are good but if the server updates without you being aware (happens a lot) the Purlovia will no longer be buried and clearly visible to anyone. 

Archived