steal rock drake egg on foot

JZhong

So I tried it on official server, and this is what I learn

1. grappling hook/zipline is diabled now so ignore all those videos, also I somehow lose momentum in mid air and dive all the way to lowest point of canyan, managed to climb up a bit

2. It does appear that if you make it to the purple zone, you glide so fast that you might lose most of the rock drakes

3. Getting the egg back from deadbody(most likely a bag), you will get aggro... Shocking

4. Bring parachute, who knows when the earthquake hits.

5. Stealing on foot could be possible, but takes a lot of practice and big investment in hazard suits and gliders. It is not fun with official rates.

6. I'd rather just bring some high lvl tamed or high imprint spino/mega and walk down there.

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Grappling hooks and ziplines are disabled ? What..... that seems stupid. I take it that would just be for officials ?

They aren't disabled they just have very very few valid surfaces. U can grapple a dino at a minimum. We did with spinos. 

*pats juvi 180 rock drake on the head** wont be long now it will get a lot easier.

@AngrySaltire @bigfishrob   Like the nooblet video he talked about the shinny black thing sticking out, and that german dude's video that he used 50 zipline to just move all the way up? impossible. They don't attach to any of the surface, not the nest, not the cave wall, nothing... So yeah... i thought i was pretty much doomed in that situation.

47 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Correct they got disabled cause they took away too much of the difficulty.

This is how we did it. Probably insane to do on official, although technically not impossible :

I am on official Pc PVE new servers. You can run spinos all the way down there for those on official. Raising one there probably wont happen on official. 2 spinos is weak and risky and more often results in one or more dead spinos. And most of the time you get swarmed with more drakes when you grab an egg than what you guys got. we have 4, 165 eggs, 2 170 eggs, 2 180 eggs and our ally has a 185. Been down there probably 6 trips. most of the dinos didnt come back. mainly bc we get antsy and wanna go despite only two ppl on and rdy at a time. the last trip when we grabbed an egg one rider(me) on an hour old spino tame got swarmed with 6 or 7 at once. they literally swooped in and stacked on top of each other when they landed. by the time my tribemate got to me with the other spino and we peeled em. my spino went from 10k to 500 hp. we spent bout 5 mins forcefeeding 15+ rows of meat to only get to half hp. Our first trip we made the mistake of going down into the pit. We lost 5 spinos and a crab. so many drakes swarmed that dinos got pinned trapped ect. We have lost about 12 spinos, 3 megalos, 2 ravagers and 2 crabs by this point. One way to get to the eggs down in the pit itself is grapple hook to ur spino. Kudos to wc for making this place viscous. Should be alot easier in a couple days when our drakes are grown. One video out there is a total BS it has a roll rat.....lol dont waste your time with it. that rat was spawned in there is NO way up from in there aside from ziplining up and out with a rav. That roll rat never left legitimately. Nothing like grabbing an egg and hearing that crazy wizzing wind sound and knowing a drake is coming down to smash your face.

Yeah the roll rat video is utter BS. 

We were aiming for the nest at the double waterfall but somehow got lost along the way. Heard that place is more vicious then where we went.

We are going in again in the hope of finding a higher egg. Got some theories I want to test about getting eggs out safely. But so far every pickup ends in madness.

We took 3 megas, and a spino last night. After taking a full rad suit to get down to the bottom. We had 1 suit left and kinda got rushed. Ended up finding a 160 egg, but got swarmed by 20 or so wyvs and when I ran to help a Reaper queen spawned and beat the poop out of me :I

Back to farming suits lol

Yeah so i got my rockdrake egg(165) yesterday on foot you know,i glided down there and picked up the egg,then glided again and climbed up the metal spine/portal looking thing until the top.I got this idea from lucky by nature,you can search it on youtube.Once i got to the top,i glided into the blue zone where i landed on my allies base,and then a tribe m8 picked me up with the karkinos :D

Archived