Sign in to follow this  

I have just normal ark for the xbox one, and I have normal ark for the PC with steam. I have gold on xbox, the xbox app on the pc and everything. I am clueless on how to play with my little brother ark from my xbox and computer. We want a private game session where we can be beside each other and just play. Im not sure if I have to start a non dedicated server or what, but when I try that and start one up with crossplay I have no idea how to join that session from my computer. If someone could please instruct me on how I can crossplay it will be greatly appreciated.

It is not possible to play CrossPlay between Steam and Xbox. However, you can play CrossPlay between Windows 10 and Xbox without buying an extra copy of the game. Here are Microsoft's instructions for that:

https://twitter.com/Jatheish/status/943219317495205888

Assuming you have the game set up to play on Windows 10 and Xbox, you can host a session on either Xbox or WIndows 10 as Non-Dedicated, just make sure CrossPlay is checked and set the match to "Private". Then, the host can invite the player to their game either in the Pause menu, or the Xbox Dashboard / Windows 10 Xbox App. Alternatively, the client should be able to join the game in progress by viewing the Host's User Profile. 

Edited by Jesse
Clarifying there is no CrossPlay between Steam and Xbox.

4 hours ago, coolboyy said:

Thank you for the help except that it says that the game is already in use and I can not start it up from my xbox, even though it is a different profile. Please assist me through on how to fix that

Can you screenshot and post the exact error message you are getting, with the included support code?

On 12/21/2017 at 10:26 PM, Jesse said:

It is not possible to play CrossPlay between Steam and Xbox. However, you can play CrossPlay between Windows 10 and Xbox without buying an extra copy of the game. Here are Microsoft's instructions for that:

https://twitter.com/Jatheish/status/943219317495205888

Assuming you have the game set up to play on Windows 10 and Xbox, you can host a session on either Xbox or WIndows 10 as Non-Dedicated, just make sure CrossPlay is checked and set the match to "Private". Then, the host can invite the player to their game either in the Pause menu, or the Xbox Dashboard / Windows 10 Xbox App. Alternatively, the client should be able to join the game in progress by viewing the Host's User Profile. 

Is it impossible to host a “dedicated” server with crossplay? That’s what I’ve been trying to do, but my Xbox can’t join my Windows 10 dedicated sever and I can’t find ANY answers.