Giant crab taming problem question

Protaygo

1 minute ago, Protaygo said:

The giant crabs always die even high level ones. I play on an unofficial, modded server. I hate official servers. Too slow. What am I doing wrong? Will using Tranquilizer Darts help? Thank you!

They must be knocked out similar to the rock golem. Using a catapult or cannon on the body. Hitting them in the leg will not inflict torpor and eventually kill them. It's easy to get them trapped in stone dino gates, then use the catapult. Cannons aren't as good, less room for error. 

2 minutes ago, AnAncientOrder said:

They must be knocked out similar to the rock golem. Using a catapult or cannon on the body. Hitting them in the leg will not inflict torpor and eventually kill them. It's easy to get them trapped in stone dino gates, then use the catapult. Cannons aren't as good, less room for error. 

Note that, like on golems, cannons destroy taming effectiveness. I recommend the catapult. The crab will be almost dead, but if you fail just let it regenerate, its hp regen is out of this world in the wild.

9 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Note that, like on golems, cannons destroy taming effectiveness. I recommend the catapult. The crab will be almost dead, but if you fail just let it regenerate, its hp regen is out of this world in the wild.

Aah stupid me. I forgot to mention the catapult part in my original post. So just let it regenerate its health back up. Thank you you 2!

Archived