aevilSOVEREIGN

Xbox one single player on aberration keeps crashing

Not sure if I’m the only one having this problem but it happened the first time a couple days ago. My  game would freeze mid load while trying to load up aberration single player then kick me to home screen, I would then restart the game but then video quality becomes corrupt and pretty much unrecognizable, I found that hard resetting worked and I was able to play, now trying to play today hard resetting does nothing and my Xbox will even shut itself off.  All the other maps plus the rented and official servers seem to work.... this seems to be my luck almost want to quit this game...?

can someone tell me if I’m not the only one with this issue

Edited by aevilSOVEREIGN

I can't access my Aberration singleplayer either, all other maps work and load fine but when i try to load Aberration, half way through the loading screen the whole game crashes and when I reopen the game it asks me if I want to rejoin my last session, but it comes up as I have never played Aberration before, all map progress gone and all character progress gone! This is the 2nd time this has happened to me, I know its a glitch due to what happened the first time, but do we need to just wait for the next update? I'd prefer not to restart all my progress for the 2nd time, Im much MUCH further this time and it might force me to quit or cheat my way through the map :/

Edited by SlaysLikeGaga

I play single player and everytime I go to load Aberration it goes to the loading screen, gets to "Supply_Drops" or what ever and crashes to the xbox one home screen. I reopen ARK and at the base screen itll ask if I want to rejoin my last session, I click yes and it promts me to start a new character on a brand new map. I press cancel on the last session and its fine. I go to reload Aberration and it crashes again on the Supply_Drops loading. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me, first being the 3rd day after Aberration was released, but with that I was trying to figure out how to fix it, and trying to fix it resulted in me deleting my Aberration data by mistake(whoops) but when I went to access Aberration again, all my mini map data was reverted to what it was before and my prior character was back but nothing of mine on the map. The whole map was cleared but I had gotten my explorer's levels back. I ended up spawning in the max level ravager tames I had lost from the first Aberration crash.. I hate "cheating" and "admin commands" so doing that wasnt the funnest thing for me to do. And if I need to do it again, I might say screw it and quit the game because how fair is it for people to lose 2-3 weeks of progress and hard work? Fix this please.. or any kind of reply from a dev/admin would be great..

UPDATE. So I have 2 Xbox One systems, Xbox One X and the Xbox One S. I have an external drive for the systems with ARK on it, I tried "moving" the ARK items from the drive to the internal hard drive, didnt work. I tried re-moving the files back to the external hard drive and still nothing helped. I then decided to switch the external to the Xbox One S because I used to play on that before the X. I updated the game which was 47gb(?), and I synced my data to the Xbox One S, it still crashed at the "Supply_Drops" loading screen. ALL other maps load in correctly with all saved data still intact.

The same thing is currently happening to my Single Player Aberration game and I would also like a response asap. I'm playing on an Xbox One X.

I put countless hours into my game so I wanted to show a friend my base and creatures. I hosted a non-dedicated game for the first time since starting Aberration at launch. The game loaded fine, he joined and then I showed him around for 15 minutes or so until the game crashed and sent me to dashboard. After restarting the game it asked me to "Resume previous game session?" which results in it wanting me to create a new day 1 character. I restarted the game once more and then after declining to "resume", I tried to load up my single player game only to have it crash at AB_SupplyDrops. This happens every single time I load the game.

I've deleted my save files, reinstalled Ark and Aberration. I also tried accessing the save file from my Xbox One S but it crashed at AB_SupplyDrops on that system as well.

The DLC is currently unplayable for me at the moment which is a shame because I was really having a blast with the map. I can play my single player on the Island, Center and Scorched Earth but just not Aberration...

9 minutes ago, EarthOneFlash said:

The same thing is currently happening to my Single Player Aberration game and I would also like a response asap. I'm playing on an Xbox One X.

I put countless hours into my game so I wanted to show a friend my base and creatures. I hosted a non-dedicated game for the first time since starting Aberration at launch. The game loaded fine, he joined and then I showed him around for 15 minutes or so until the game crashed and sent me to dashboard. After restarting the game it asked me to "Resume previous game session?" which results in it wanting me to create a new day 1 character. I restarted the game once more and then after declining to "resume", I tried to load up my single player game only to have it crash at AB_SupplyDrops. This happens every single time I load the game.

I've deleted my save files, reinstalled Ark and Aberration. I also tried accessing the save file from my Xbox One S but it crashed at AB_SupplyDrops on that system as well.

The DLC is currently unplayable for me at the moment which is a shame because I was really having a blast with the map. I can play my single player on the Island, Center and Scorched Earth but just not Aberration...

Its good to know that someone else is having the EXACT same issue as me. I never hosted non dedi but that still doesnt defeat the fact we are facing identical issues when trying to load our Aberration maps. And I have to agree I am also having or was having a blast with the new map, its by far the best the game has to offer in my opinion and is ALOT of fun! 

On 12/22/2017 at 1:20 PM, SirGreenDay said:

No it's happening to me too. 

Keeps crashing back to the dashboard. 

Tried a hard reset. 

Deleting reserved save space. 

Nothing helps. 

Obviously, it's connected to the latest patch. 

Good Ole Wildcard. 

Started happening 3 days ago for me, now the game won't even open... Really ticked off about this.. Tried all of the above and more... It started as a ab issue and spread, cannot load any maps without dashboard crash. And Like I said, Now the whole game just goes to black and dashboards every time i try to load it....

Edited by FrzLunarWolf

I cannot even load the dang game anymore. I'm so furious at this! It started on a PC hosted, would dashboard when it got to Snapshot_16, so I figured it was a internet or server issue, so i tried to go play my local ragnarok game and every SINGLE time I loaded in, it would crash.. So I said f*** it and tried to load my Aberration local game, SAME RESULT. I'm fuming because the server I play on is active and my dinos may die! I will be even more furious if that happens. This is damned ridiculous. I didn't pay good money for this game to just not f***ing work..

13 hours ago, Manchu said:

Same problem here.   Any word on a fix/patch?

Absolutely 0 word from ANY game dev OR forum admin. I've sent @Jen and @Jatheish multiple tweets via Twitter, they have not acknowledged me nor anyone else having this issue. Ive posted in multiple threads about this issue to no avail at all. I just want to know whats happening and if they are even looking into it. I don't want to waste my time coming here everyday to try and figure out what this issue really is. All I want is a simple reply saying, "hey we see alot of people are having this issue and we are working on a fix for it". Nothing even remotely pointing to this issue in patch notes either.