Tek Railgun OP or just perfect?

KessGenre

2 hours ago, KessGenre said:

So, the Tek Railgun can shoot through anything (except for the tek forcefield) and does about 5,000+ damage to animals and players. However, the gun overheats after one shot and has about a 5 second cool down. 

Is this gun OP or just the right amount of power?

Let me guess, you shot a training dummy

I think it does around 1000 damage to creatures, and can fire through structures. If you're just straight firing, though, I think the TEK Rifle actually does much more DPS because of the low ROF of the Railgun (580 sustained DPS for the Rifle, if I had to estimate for Railgun I'd say between 400-500). Also the Railgun is quite expensive to maintain (2 shots per Element, as opposed to 50 per for the Rifle). So overall balanced, though I think the Railgun's ability to punch through walls should be monitored (currently, it supposedly can hit through five gates and still kill someone on the other side)

15 minutes ago, KessGenre said:

Possibly. I am playing by myself and have changed the damage stats, so that may have something to do with the damage. Off topic, but there should be a tek drill that harvests a lot of metal or whatever rock you're drilling in

Wait are you saying that tek railgun is op and does too much damage, then go on to saying you also boosted the damage?

Archived